Toddlers Until Teenagers

By bookwormorwhatever

"Jenna, " she started off. "Remember Alex? Your best friend?" She paused. Tingles fell through my body. Alex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 16

1.7K 64 5
By bookwormorwhatever

I huff, sitting down next to Alex as he is forcing me right now. He pulls me close, onto his lap, and gives me a questioning look. "I did nothing wrong, Alex. Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask.

He pulls me closer, giving my cheek a peck before pulling away and looking at my face. "you're so damn hiding something." He observes. I sigh. He reads me too well. But no way I'm telling him about Dina's favour just yet. I want that to be shoved out of my mind for now!

"No. No I'm not," I quickly reply. He senses my tension and bursts out laughing.

"You suck at lying. Now chop chop, tell me!" He commands. I bite my lip. I think I should tell him what Dina said. But I should ask her first shouldn't I?

Wait.. How was there even an issue of us two being together? Everything was resolved. It's been a week now, of dating him, hanging out with Alice, Marla and Evelyn, plus the boys, and it's great now. But I am so not ready to talk about engagement. I mean, take it slow! But it's her wish.

She didn't say I have to get engaged to him, though! I just have to be In a strong relationship with him. Which I think I am in. So I let out a sigh before turning toward him. "Fine. Well, you know that day when you barged in shirtless?" I ask him. He smiles and nods.

"Well, Dina was telling me something. More like asking me a favour. Don't you dare get mad at her, Alex sanders. Okay? Now I'm going to tell you what she asked me. Well, she asked that she's worried about you being single and that she talked to my parents about this. The four parents, agreed that I am best for you. Like, as in, girlfriend and all. She is also hoping we get engaged-" I wince. "Or have a really strong relationship in between us. She wants you happy before she passes on." I gulp.

Alex breaks into a small smile. "Why didn't you tell me before? Let's tell Dina we've been dating for a week now!" He raises his eyebrows.

"I know you're tense about getting engaged, love, but I won't let that happen in terms of you're not happy." He promises. I give him a kiss on the cheek before moving off his lap.

We exit his room, holding hands. I heart chatters from Dina's room so we go there, opening the door. Sure enough, everyone is huddled on the bed, drinking coffee. Except Dina, and mum.

"Hi, Dina!" I exclaim. We enter the room, receiving smiles from our parents.

"Jenna! Alex!" She grins widely. Her hair is getting lighter by day, her teeth yellow and her skin wrinkled. I set those thoughts aside and hold Alex's hand confidentially.

"We have something to announce." Alex confirms, placing a hand on the bed and one intertwined with my own. My heart races. This is awkward. But as long as my Alex is holding my hand, well be okay.

Mom looks at me with a proud smile. She probably knows what's coming up, due to the talk we had two days ago and because she knows me really well. "Alex and I are dating." I declare, when Dina softly smiles at me. The blush never leaves my cheek as my parents look at each other, grinning, and uncle eyes is both with a smile similar to Dina's.

"Now, look, kids." Uncle starts. "We don't want you pressurized to be dating. We just thought that Jenna was the one, but in the end, it's all up to you. Both of you, please don't rush yourselves-"

"Dad, it's perfect. I think.. I think she's the one." He nods, gripping my hand tighter. I feel my heart skipping beats as he says this and I smile.

"Me, too." I firmly press on his hand before mom comes over, hugs me, and then smiles.

"Well, we'll leave you guys to what you were doing." Alex suggests, and then we both walk out of the room hand in hand.

"Get ready, Jenna. Do you want to go to that place again? The mountain ish grassy place with parks and all?" Alex asks, his blue eyes gleaming.

"Yeah. Let's call it Green Mountain." I murmur, and we reach my door.
"Because back in Canada there was a really nice place called blue mountain. It was amazing. Huge hills that you could snow board on, bike on, and just play on, along with the most cutest little city downhill. Ice cream shops, hotels, and a little fountain water park kids like to play in. It was gorgeous."
I explain to him, smiling at the memory.

He seems thoughtful, smiling out in the distance. "That sounds amazing." He agrees, resting his head on my doorframe. "It sure is." I give him a quick kiss before closing my door softly.

I quickly change into the first thing I find. I've got my closet already matched up. For example, denim shirt with black shorts and accessories. And taht teal dress with the knotted cardigan or that black tracksuit which I will, have to take out sometime.

I apply some mascara, quick blush, nude lipstick, and grab a hair tie, French braiding my hair quickly. "Ready!" I call out, and sure enough, he's waiting in his khakis and his damn red shirt which makes his biceps look so solid.

He smirks at me, and then holds my hand, leading me down. There, sitting, is dina. She looks actually pretty capable of getting down here. My mom is sitting beside her, and they are watching tv. It's surprising yet it fills me with giddy happiness. "Dina! We're leaving, see you soon!" I plant a kiss on her cheek, making sure not to smudge my lipstick and make her cheek a nude shade.

Alex is way happier and he gives her a bear hug, smiles at my mom, and we exit the house with huge grins on our faces.

•••

"It's even more gorgeous than it was before." I place my hands on the grass, letting it prickle and leave marks on my pale hands. Alex nods, looking out to the horizon on top of the mountains. We lean against the ruin, and I spot the place where I sat before with Evelyn awkwardly. The day I overheard Marla and Alice's accusations. I run a finger through my braid, and stretch, taking out the watermelons from the container I packed.

Stuffing myself, I lick my lips. "You know, Alex, These are really good." I smile. He takes one, juice dripping from his lips. I gasp, laughing.

"I'm so glad we're together." Alex suddenly turns serious, and I lay my head on his shoulder cautiously.

"Me, too."

"No, really. Look at me. I want you to know that without you, I wouldn't have stopped the drugs and the girls. Without you.. I would be stuck in the dark old days that I now shiver of." He leans back, looking into my eyes with a severe look on his face.

"But I don't think I deserve you." I whisper back.

"You do, Jenna. You've always won my heart. Maybe I hadn't noticed it when we were younger, but now I do. You're the one. I want you to.. Not be scared of me anymore. " he pleads calmly. A blush of embarrassment takes over my cheeks. Guilt runs over me, washing my smile away.

"I won't be scared of you, Alex. And I'll prove it." I firmly say due to all of the guilt that is rushing into me. "Can we please forget about this? I feel guilty." I murmur, pressing my cheek against his chest. He wraps his arms around me.

"Yeah." He mumbles. Then, he starts kissing my hair and my neck. I let him kiss every inch of my face. He has such an adoring look on his face.

After sitting and talking, we take a stroll down the ruins and then decide to get something from McDonald's. We drive away, down the mountain, as I snap a dozen set of pictures and put them in a folder 'Ready to Post'. When I get home, I'll post them.

I wait on the table as Alex orders what I've told him to. A chicken salad for me, a Pepsi for us to share, and a small delta burger for Alex, with a huge pack of fries.

He soon comes, stuffing himself with the crunchy fries. There is only us and another family of four; this McDonald is tucked away behind a plaza and barely anyone notices it. There isn't a play-place either, which might be another reason. The family is basically two middle aged parents and kids that are.. Maybe about 15.

I comfy myself in the seat and he takes the chair out, with a soft screeching sound and then sits down with the tray. "Mm. These fries though." He munches, and I laugh at his raised eyebrows and hungry look.

"Haha." I swat the fry he was about to eat away from him and eat it, the salty potato mixture making its way into my mouth, lingering. He groans, pouting at the same time.

"MEANIE." He mutters. We continue eating, and crack some jokes along with talking about the food.

"You know that store-" he was about to continue, when, his face scrunched up and he looked like he was about to sneeze. I quickly swipe of my phone and take a picture between fits of laughter.

He groans when the sneeze doesn't escape his mouth. "The struggle." I sigh in agreement as he wipes his nose with a tissue, even though there's nothing there.

"Agreed." He nods. Then, he earns a ding on his phone. He looks down, types something, and then looks back toward me while I finish my salad and sip the Pepsi.

"Hey, it's James text." He informs me, and I nod. "He's saying everyone's waiting for us at Green Mountain." Alex sheepishly smiles.

"Alex?" I ask in confusion.

"I kinda told James that we were going because he was asking, and he kinda got there with everyone." I smile at his stuttering, pull my light floral cardigan around me, and pick up the Pepsi.

"Let's go." I take his hand, throwing out our trash and leaving the building. "You are so cute when you stutter." I mumble, keeping my voice low.

"Huh? Wait, did you just compliment me? " he stops sharp close to his car.

"Uh, I, yeah." I state.

His eyes widen, and I can't help the smile breaking out. "Why, is a girlfriend not allowed to compliment a boyfriend?" He blushes at this, his blue eyes looking away from mine, and I hold back the grin.

Taking up his chin, I rise in my tip toes and kiss him. He wraps his arms around my waist, steadying me, and I smile through the kiss.

"I love you." He murmurs, pulling away and opening my door for me.

"What a gentleman." I smile, sitting down. He smirks and gets in the other side of the car. "I love you too." I reply.

•••

"We have got to play capture the flag!" Ben complains, and I grin.

"I'm up for it!" I agree.

"Let's vote." Alex suggests. Everyone gets their hand ready, choice in mind. "Who wants to play capture the flag?" A set of hands raise up; Ben, Alex, Evelyn, Noah, Marla, and I. Alice and James sit back, sighing.

"Looks like we're gonna play." Evelyn pulls Alice up by her arm, and her pixie hair swings in the air casually. "Teams?" I ask.

"I call team captain!" Noah exclaims. "There are eight people,"

"Boys against girls!" Evelyn grins.

"There's four boys and four girls. Good. We're up for it, but the girls are gonna lose terribly." Noah arches an eyebrow, while Alice backs herself up.

"We can see about that." Her eyebrows raise too, and she leans agains the ruin. Ben laughs and Alex grins.

"Okay, so, the ruins can be our home bases. His huge rock can and this tree is the no mans land zone. After that, it's our territory and yours is on the other side." Evelyn orders. The boys nod, and Marla runs up to the ruin that is our territory.

"Our flags can be.." Alex starts off.

"Something heavy but not too heavy." Alice points to the three branches sticking out of the huge tree in no lands land, and grabs two, giving one to them.

"Thirty seconds." Ben warns, as all of the guys run back to their home base. Alex gives me a wink, and I wink back while running to our home base.

Alice hides the stick, and we're ready. "Go! I'll be the defender." Evelyn shouts. Alice, Marla and I nod quickly, running past. the boys are scattered around, as the wind whooshes past us, fierce looks mirroring our eyes.

Let's play this game.

•••

hope you liked and if you did, leave a vote and maybe comment!

-xoxo Hamna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

801 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
5K 210 40
*Unedited* "What's so hard about just listening to what I have to say?" I plead. "I know that you would definitely be my forever but now it seems to...
22.4K 981 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...
31.5K 556 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...