The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Four

117 3 1
By AidinWhite

Scarlett Louviere

The sun glowed through my window partially blinding me but also providing me with enough light to take in the details of my room and the open curtains that gave me a decent view over the Hamptons.

Sitting up in bed I stared across the room thankful that there wasn't a mirror for me to see my likely extremely messy hair.

Pushing the cream sheets off of me I walked into the bathroom to see the expected state of my hair.

My chocolate coloured eyes too in the brunette birds nest on top of my head, having gotten that way from how ruffled it got while I slept. It also never looked notty the mornings I would wake up with Nathan beside me. He always finger combed my hair just about smooth before I fell asleep and then until he was just about asleep.

I could still picture the few mornings I'd woken up beside him. Memory taunted me with the sensation of his touch as I shut my eyes as I leaned on the counter.

The only problem was in a week I was to be in Connecticut at Yale preparing for a year of business administration.

Quickly showering I made sure to be as ready as possible for driving all the way to Yale in the next few days. My closet was practically empty considering I would be in a dorm house with various other girls.

My only pleasure was simply that where I was going there would be other people like me.

I just hoped I wouldn't see Nathan on my way there because I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't be able to handle watching him be so close yet so far. That was the whole point of the break up grow and get where we needed to possibly restart all over again.

After getting dressed I walked back across the room to where I left one of my books, which led me into view of the expansive Winters Estate.

The modern traditional home of Adrian and Olivia that stood as the most clear representation of their wealth. I also couldn't hate them. In fact I could tell Olivia liked me and Adrian though stoic was incredibly polite and often when I'd spent time with Abigail and Izzy he was there.

They were an actual family even though the whole family was worth hundreds of billions. I occasionally envied it though in the sense that they saw their parents, I just got to grow up with the few moments of normality sprinkled in more and more in the last few years.

Except now I was walking away from it all to go to a separate state and attempt to make the best of the year away from home. My French accent would lead to certain assumptions but to the few that either came from Thornbrook or the various other programs that would allow a select group of students to go to the school I may be recognized.

For Nathan it was different. He was modern royalty at this point, I actually wouldn't be too surprised if he blatantly ignores any attention that comes his ways simply to stay out of the sight of the media for the next year.

Other then New York's prince drives an Aston Martin.

Attempting to clear my mind of Nathan had been a chore over the summer and I couldn't do it, I completely remained unable to do it. The face of Nathanial Winters was permanently imbedded in me.

Taking the book I walked over to the bag that held a decent portion of the books I owned mostly new ones I'd bought and hadn't gotten to reading. Four duffel bags had to go into my Ferrari Portofino.

Over the summer I had the few white vehicles out of my collection changed into red with black interior so that they'd all match. I also would be leaving the five others that I personally drove here under the care of Phillip who I know would take care of them in my absence.

Toting all four bags downstairs I set them at the door since I would be leaving that night to head off to university.

"Good morning Scarlett" my mom says looking up from her laptop where she sat drinking her morning tea.

"Morning mom" I say looking over at her seated comfortably in the corner of the living room.

"Taking those out to your car" she asks and I nod before pulling open the door and picking up my bags.

"Yup, then I will probably go bug Izzy and Abigail" I reply before walking out and down the steps towards the garage. I knew that all of us held our vehicles inside just it was interesting looking from the all red wall to the multi coloured and speced vehicles my parents drove or got driven in.

Crossing the garage to my Portofino which was one of my favourites despite being one of the least expensive vehicles in the garage.

Price was a number.

It was kinda funny how much that one sentence explained so much of the Winters Family thinking. It wasn't that they were careless. Their parents lived well beneath their means by comparison to most people. I learnt perception through them, a three hundred thousand dollar Rolls Royce was like buying one of the Hot Wheels children around the US played with daily.

And there were people who hated them for how they lived, despite all the secrecy around their lives. In fact I often wondered what they truly were like, how far under the veil was I allowed.

Putting one of the bags in the trunk and two more in the back seat I eventually got the third one to sqeeze behind the passenger seat so I didn't have to be rid of purse space in the opposite side foot well or the seat itself.

Kind of wonder if anyone else buckles their purses in.

Sitting in the car, and deciding I was too lazy to walk the five houses down to the Winters which was essentially a whole city block away.

Driving out of the garage and off to the Winters home which blew my mind in scale every time I looked at it. Less then a minute later I pulled down the driveway and parked a few feet from where Izzy's G-Wagon.

Getting out I locked the car and walked up towards the front door though I spotted someone standing behind the glass area that spanned two floors above the garage entrance.

As I knocked on the door I barely had to wait a few seconds before the door opened and I was met by Abigail practically jumping out of her skin in joy.

"Hi Scarlett, Izzy is up in her room, I don't know where my brother is" she informs before turning and walking off into the living room.

So Nathan is here.

"Could find him pretty easily" I muse following after her.

"I wouldn't be so sure he's been a little more reclusive recently" Olivia comments from the couch with her lap wrapped in a blanket.

Adrian on the other hand was making what smelled like ginger snap cookies but he had a bowl of pancake batter in front of him and an equally as impressive plate of the fluffy round breakfast cakes.

"He has been hasn't he" Izzy adds.

Has he not told them?

His family isn't trying to kill you what do you think?

"I'll go find him" I say with a small smile though Adrian's look betrayed a narrowed curiosity. As if he had caught onto my split second break of composure.

He definitely knew.

Leaving the room quickly I began to navigate the large home until I got to the library doors and pushed them open before finding the room empty. The two sofas were recently vacuumed, and the shelves dusted, the expensive chandelier hung gracefully in its crystal rain droplets. The windows were allowing light to stream in and the curtains were pulled back leaving the grey wall where exposed to add to the palette of wooden themes in here, along with the marble flooring with metal tiling creating the filling between each square. It was a marvel how so much detail went into all of the rooms as if there wasn't a limit to how much the home could be worth just that it had to be how the Winters wished it to be.

"You know its impolite to pry through people's homes" the calm British accented tone said from behind me.

Turning I looked at Nathan leaning against the mantle of a large fireplace that burned brightly adding illumination to one of the few darkly themed rooms in the home.

He looked as usual stunning, and a lot more fit since the last time I saw him before summer started.

"You know its impolite to creep up on someone" I counter and the small soft smirk that played at his lips didn't fail in the slightest to cause butterflies in my stomach.

Damn this boy.

"Witty as ever Miss Louviere" he murmured in amusement and the book he held not being unnoticed.

"You hiding away to read, nothing changed" I remark and he regards the book thoughtfully for a moment.

"Maybe not all things have to change, to make a difference" he proposed and as I'd done a lot recently duality played through my mind.

The soft spoken confidence that resonated from Nathan always seemed to shock me but he slowly had become more in control and more self assured.

His father would always be more intimidating, and refined on these same traits as I'd heard the story that made them so prominent and it made all the more sense that Adrian had learned it. Nathan was exposed to a softer upbringing, a more caring one so the borderline arrogance that Adrian had was like weighted confidence for Nathan who was more sporadic when it came to actions.

The one thing though was that made Nathan perfect to me because I was just as quick to act and ask questions later as he was.

"I was referring to habit Nathan" I flatly press and he just hums indifferently. His shell was there the one I'd seen him start to build in the last months of our relationship.

"I was referring to the same thing, however I would rather be alone" he says and walks towards the door before stopping. "My dad knows, my sisters and mom do not, I plan to tell them before leaving for Harvard in a few days. Also I hope you enjoy Yale" he says before bidding me good bye and leaving the room drowning me in silence once more.

Nathan wasn't who I'd left that day in the park, his pain shaped him into being more reserved. I made him more reserved, and that was something that I couldn't correct.

Done todays update things are getting set up for the rest of the book trust me there is twists in this trilogy so be prepared, also I really wonder who do you love more Olivia or Scarlett, and why, tell me in the comments, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 1K 46
A love story between two totally different people. Both from a different world. Will love prevail? or fear and disgust win? 🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁 I had no se...
411K 8.5K 28
One sexy CIA agent + one feisty redhead + one disturbed preschooler + one mentally disturbed stalker + one wealthy millionaire + far too many secrets...
4.5M 107K 46
Isobel and Nathan must work to keep their romance alive when changes in their circumstances threaten to take a toll on it...
3.3K 351 78
{Book #3 of The Devils Series} Six years has passed since Scarlett lost her memories and Derek and Nathan promised to not say a word. But some secret...