A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!
Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!
Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!

628 22 6
By sleepylilacfox

A/N: I knew this scene alone was going to be its own chapter...Hope you enjoy it!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 50;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. 4. Her rising abilities are drawing all sorts of dangerous attention to her being as her demon blood blends with her human, leading to changes as she grows. And 5. Her connection to her mother will be a cause of many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger!

Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? Perhaps, a certain being within could help from their imprisonment? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

The Thirteens Dinner, a special meeting of some of the greatest heroes of the Netherworld. It takes place in a mountainous region, a tower consisting of six hundred and sixty-six floors in total. The Tower of Babel.

On the 665th floor sat a few of those heroes- but what holds the real focus is the floor above- the 666th floor. The room was bright compared to the darker interior of many of the other floors. A single round table in the very center with three chairs.

Seated at this table were the Three Greats, known far and wide for their cunning ways, power, leadership, and minds. But least known, is how much they absolutely adore their respective grandchild to the point of rotten spoiling.

Lady Levy, a sophisticatedly dressed woman with long blue hair sat peacefully in her seat, eyes closed as she inwardly scowled. Right across from her sat Lord Belial, a short demon in casino attire who leaned back into his seat- arms crossed. "Once and for all!" Lord Belial grumbled out, his mustache ruffling.

"Let's settle this! What do you say?!" The shorter demon elder began reaching into his sleeves, leaning his torso into the round table.

"Of course," Lady Levy mused out, giving him a deadly smile full of malice. Her own hands reached into her pocket to bring out the same. "Let us begin!" With that called out, multiple recent pictures were slammed onto the table- the fight? Who had the better, cutest grandchild...

Sullivan crossed his legs, watching in a sort of detached fashion as his two longest companions began their battle. His own pictures nestled inside his coat, the heavy two bags he brought along tucked under the table by the chair legs. He can be patient, letting his two opponents bite into each other before he presents them with the glory of his own grandchild, solidly defeating them in all categories.

"No grandchild is cuter than mine is! Look at his little baby hands!!!" Belial exclaimed, showing off a picture of his little Razberry. "Aren't they just scrumptious?! Huh?!" He continued to yell, igniting the fury in Levy as she stood, her chair flinging back a bit. "No! What determines the better grandchild is skill!!! Therefore mine's the best!" She pressed the picture of her Leiji proudly holding a golden trophy.

Belial scoffed, leaning across the table. "Oh please! He may be smart but he has a warped, twisted personality!!" Levy twitched, not denying it as she leaned over the table as well, towering over the demon with a glare. "And nobody can be a bigger authority on that than you!" She snarled.

Sullivan snorted quietly to himself, watching this play out while resting his chin atop his folded hands. "Okay! Sully as usual you be the judge!" Belial huffed, waving his hand towards Sullivan without breaking 'eye contact' with Levy.

When nothing was said, Levy and Belial paused, it wasn't usual that Sully said nothing- usually exclaiming the unfairness of them dragging him into these debates. "Huh...?" The two uttered, looking at the bald demon who smirked at them mischievously. "...Sully?" Beli questioned, all the attention focused on the Great clad in purple as he began to chuckle under his breath, glasses gleaming.

"I'm not the same demon I used to be, you know..." Sullivan's mustache curled as he reached into his own coat pocket. The two stiffened, eyes widening as he pulled out a few pictures- slamming the precious duplicates of the photographs into their faces. "Behold! I have a precious grandbaby now too! The best, sweetest one in all the Netherworld!!!" Levy stumbled back, blinking rapidly to adjust her eyesight on the picture that was suddenly presented in her face while Belial took his copy to study it closely, constantly rubbing his eyes in case his vision was tricking him.

"You what?!" The two squawked, studying every aspect of the child in the picture as they shoved their seats directly next to his as he began to pull out more photographs, whole albums filled to the brim.

"I can't believe this! How did you find a grandchild that looks so much like Tsu-Chan?!" Levy questioned, inspecting every aspect of the picture; marveling at how similar the child looked to Tsubaki. Though hair color and eye color were quite different in the presented picture. The face and eye shape were nearly identical!

"Right?! This kiddo is adorable! Interesting choice in school uniform too!" Belial pointed out. "How'd you do it, Sully?" "Do what, you two?" Sullivan tilted his head, staring at them with a sharpness to his gaze. "Of course, my darling granddaughter looks so much like Tsu-chan, it is their little one after all."

The two paused at the words the Chairdemon spoke, something heavy weighing in their hearts as air choked them up. "What..what are you insinuating? Sully- Sullivan is this...this child..?" Tears began to gather in Levy's closed eyes, her hand cupped over her mouth as she looked down at the photograph in shock. "The child lived?" Belial muttered, gaze softening as his hold on the picture grew shaky.

"My grandbaby is quite the resilient, strong little one," Sullivan smirked, pride interlaced within his words. "You were right, still a bit of a fool, but we should have trusted your instincts for all these years of you telling us the child survived." Levy settled the item down on the table, wiping away a stray tear while Belial sniffled back a sob as he nodded along. "We are sorry for that, Sully. However, why is it we are just now hearing about her?! According to the amount of these pictures you've had the child for a while now! Haven't you?!"

"But of course! My little Ru-chan is my grandchild!" Sullivan cackled, pulling out the largest album from his bag and letting it thump onto the table. "Of course, I'll be spending as much grandpa-granddaughter time with my grandbaby! And here is the best thing yet! My darling little pumpkin still enjoys cuddles! Just this morning when she heard I was leaving for this meeting she clung right to me and didn't want me to leave!" He exclaimed, his smirk growing. "Says a lot compared to your two little brats that don't like that affection any longer! We even have tons of sleepovers!" He continued to boast, opening the album up to present one of the pictures of early in the morning. Irumi curled up close to his side with a demon-bunny plush hugged to her chest and a serene expression on her sleeping face.

"So cute!" Belial yelled, huddling closer to see all the pictures. "Oh wow! Levy, look at this one! She does have Tsu-chan's eyes!" The shortest of the three opted to point out one of the pictures of the girl freshly awakened, clothed in a pastel lavender nightgown with black ribbons.

Finished sulking to instead also enjoy the extreme amount of pictures, Levy gasped pleasantly. "Oh my! The young ones' hair! Is it turning purple toward the ends?! And my goodness those long ears! Do they droop downwards often like that?!" She questioned, with vigor, cooing at the cute expressions captured.

"Hm! Hm! Every time she gets flustered or overwhelmed by any emotion her ears twitch in the cutest way! Her nose also wrinkles similarly to M'lord! She even has a similar smirk to his as well! My darling Ru has the cutest yawn to boot!" Sullivan beamed, pointing out each image that captured his exclamations.

"So precious!" Levy gushed, lifting one of the albums to thumb through carefully. "How she doin? I see that locket still 'round her neck. She also is surprisingly young looking." Beli asked carefully, studying one particular image- what they could only assume to be the first picture when she was found and brought seeing that she looked quite human with shorter hair and softly round ears. The happy, boastful mood immediately shattered. The bald elder deflated against his chair as he sighed warily.

"There are quite a few things that we were not expecting. For instance; the demon personification sealed inside the locket aged according to the timeline of the Netherworld instead of the human world. So, Rumi-Chan is experiencing a lot of changes to not only her body but her mentality due to how much of a gap between her current body and what she actually should be. So physically she is just about 14-15 in human years though her body is going through many growth spurts. Not to mention her scent and abilities are trying to fully mature quickly. Mentally...that's a bit more complicated." Sullivan sighed, pained at the thought of not just all that but the markings that have been etched into her skin and mind. Which was drawing out the process of change even further.

"Ah, so she is acting a lot more like a young child in certain aspects or far more mature." Levy mused, lips set into a grim line as she thought it over. "A bit of both depending on what." Sullivan nodded along, resting the palm of his hand against the side of his face.

"What's her- Rumi-chan's personality like? She more like Tsu-chan, or more like Del-kun?" Belial piped up, interested in what possible likeness would be shown through in their child. "That's the most interesting and unexpected bit! My dear Ru-Chan is an innocent, soft-spoken, kind child! Even with all the influx of demonic blood and demonic instincts, and my efforts in spoiling her!!"

"...pardon?" The two other Greats looked at each other incredulously at what they heard their companion exclaim. "Indeed, she is the most gentle, thoughtful, sweetheart! I was surprised too! She doesn't speak vulgarly, doesn't flirt with everyone, and hasn't humiliated anyone- though the times she did was accidental. My poor pumpkin was so distraught at those times! But that isn't all!" Sully mused, hands on either side of his face as he sighed in bliss. "She is quite the star at Babyls, her mana pools are already quite large, and still growing quite nicely! Not to mention her strength! She is so petite, with cute little noodle arms and the softest cute little hands but Opera was nearly taken over by her tosses when they were training her for the Execution Cannonball rank exam!"

"My precious little gift! She is just the most perfect little one a grandpa could wish for! Such a good eater and she craves to learn as well! For a while now, I've hired Kalego-kun as her personal tutor in etiquette to prepare her for those crude nobles."

"Huh?!" Levy leaned in, pouting at that, "And just why wasn't I called for that?! That young pup may be quite the smart boy, with both a high position in not only rank but also within the nobles but I am quite well-established myself!" The woman huffed, pinching at Sullivan's face with growing ire with her sharp powder blue nails.

"If they see her with you they are more likely to realize my darling grandbaby's origins!"

Levy scoffed at that excuse. "Pardon me, but Tsu-chan constantly held the company of the Naberius and the Asmodeus households! They'll provide just as much connection as I would!"

"Ooh fine! Fine! I'll invite you to help with a lesson sometime!" Sullivan huffed, rubbing the side of his face that throbbed in pain. "You better soon, or else! I want to meet my little niece, you stingy old kook!" "Hey! What about me?! I'd like to meet the cute bunny girl too!" Belial exclaimed, holding up a precious picture of a baby Rumi, dressed in a black bunny onesie, giving the camera a gummy smile.

"By the way, could I get a copy of a few of these Sully? They'd make excellent additions to the family album once my grandboy scores the bunny girl."

Levy scowled, "Excuse me, but why would innocent, young Rumi-Chan be interested in your little hellion? Especially when my talented grandson could capture her attention with his regal intelligence!" "Please! Like anyone sweet like this cutie-pie would fall for your lazy, pompous brat!" "And you think your wild one would?!"

"Neither are suitable for my grandbaby..." Sullivan muttered under his breath, the idea of some upstart trying to woo his precious granddaughter filling him with a great deal of bloodlust that he just barely pushed back.

She was just too young for any of that! And he'd rather go through eternal punishment than let some little brat stroll on in his precious time with his little gift! Maybe- maybe in a hundred years, he'll accept the idea of his little Ru dating. But now? To the pits of Hell no!

Down on the floor below, a loudness erupted- the sounds of furniture being thrown about and the rise of argument caused all three to pause. "They seem pretty busy..." Sullivan noted, mildly amused at what could be distinguished within the mess of voices overlapping one another.

"Meh," Belial shrugged, leaning deeper into his chair. "Probably just arguing about the absence of the demon king, again."

Levy giggled, the palm of her hand resting against her lips, "they sure are an animated bunch."

"Hmmm..." Sullivan tilted his head, staring at the floor for a moment longer before shrugging, "Well then, should we three decide?"

Belial lifted a hand full of cards, "sure! If we do it with cards!" He agreed, fanning out the deck as he spoke. "No way! You always cheat, Belial!" Sullivan was quick to deny it. From across the table, Levy began to pour herself a fairly full glass of red wine. Leaning into her seat without care. "Ugh! Who cares how you two decide? Just get it done with, will you?" She complained, holding the glass to her lips to take a nice sip of the finely aged drink.

Belial turned his attention away from Sullivan, staring at her incredulously. "Hey now! How'd you weasel your way out of this?" He questioned, knowing for a fact she was talked about just as much as any of them about the potential ruling.

She merely raised a brow, "well age does hold some sovereignty in these matters." A smile came to her lips, cupping her cheek as her eyes closed fully. "As a youth, I humbly abstain." The two demons scoffed at the woman, moving out of their seats in matching egg forms.

"Yeah right!" Belial hollered. "Youth, my ass! You're as old as us and you know it!"

"How much are you wasting on that skin?! You lying, old crone!" Sullivan joined, swinging his arm to point at the regally sitting woman who casually took another sip of wine. Calmly, Levy set the glass down, moving the bottle further into the middle of the round table before moving off her chair. Lashing out her hands to slap and punch the two demons she has been stuck with for multiple centuries.

Finding them scruffed up enough- the two not daring to fight back knowing they probably should stop bringing up her age at this point; sat there, cheeks a bit reddened and face swollen.

Calmed, Levy leaned back into her seat, grabbing her cup and the bottle to refill. "Surely you'd agree the men should be in charge of such things. It's quite audacious of you to force the position of Demon King upon me when I'm two years younger than both of you ancient kooks!"

"...two years?" Belial muttered, not believing it for a second. "Two years...?" Sully muttered, wondering if that was actually true.

Though the true reasoning probably falls to the fact that the title of Demon King was essentially the trap of more paperwork, idiots that can't make their own choices, and no free time- whatsoever! Sure you get power, and can basically snap your fingers to the beat of your own tune. But there were risks and factors out of all control! Especially with a prophecy scroll already written up for it- was it even worth it?

Levy wanted time to herself! To watch her projects and school and Leiji continue yielding wonderful results- not to grow old and withered on top of an over-glorified chair! She was there watching Derkila's grumbling and dead-eyed glares at his endless mountains of work! The only reason he got any break was due to him shoving it to others and making a break for it whenever he could! But what about her?! She had a reputation of a regal, beautiful, powerful demoness to uphold! She couldn't just shove things to the side for others to lose hairs over! So no, she absolutely does not want that seat!

Belial grumbled to himself, shifting his fedora hat a bit atop his head, rubbing at the little bumps Levy had left him. He also deeply detested the idea of claiming the seat. Certainly, he would if there was absolutely no other choice. But he already had his hands full with his institute, gambling houses, keeping an eye on the war zones, and his precious grandboy! And damn was his little stinker really growing! A new little freshie but already causing the upperclassmen all sorts of living hell! Way to make a grandpa proud! He couldn't just miss the front-row seats of something so great now!

"Now Sully," Levy spoke up, raising a hand as she settled her half-finished wine onto the table. "My first choice would be you!" For one thing, he could shove the work onto others easily, as that wouldn't be out of character, and probably knew far more of the inner workings of the position due to being the right-hand demon of Derkila.

Sullivan stiffened, giving a pensive- stressed out- hum at the startling exclamation. "You're more than skilled enough, and you know it! Quit holding back and become a Yod already!"

Belial tilted his head at that, finding himself agreeing with all the points Levy was making and more. "To be honest, I'd feel at ease if you were the boss too! How about it? You in?"

Sullivan let out another tense hum, thin eyebrows scrunching in worry. "I...I finally have my little grandchild in my life, spending time with her for the first time. I'm really enjoying spoiling the hell out of her, watching her learn and grow into her abilities day by day. Not long ago, I took my eyes off her for a mere second and she grew so much it's astounding. I missed so much of her life already, but what I have seen is so much more fun- bringing me so much more joy than I thought possible..." Sullivan bowed his head, hands folded beneath his chin before he straightened up, laying his hands on the table.

"I will firmly remain as the Chairdemon of Babyls, I can't afford to miss another moment of my darling granddaughter's growth." He stated firmly, a blush lightly staining his face a soft pink.

Levy and Belial looked away from him, to each other, smiles coming to their faces as joyful laughter bubbled out. Overjoyed Sullivan was no longer the sad demon he once was finding joy in only musing about the past and relentlessly teasing others but an over-the-top affectionate grandparent such as they were.

"I see! Guess I can't blame you, grandpa!" Belial laughed, knowing exactly how he was feeling. "The Demon King shall remain absent for now, let's wrap it up," Levy stated with finality.

Sullivan sprang from his seat in joy at that, cheering. "Yay! Okay! If that's so I'll be heading my way back to my darling Ru! If I leave now I'll make it in time for bedtime!" He exclaimed, pausing only when a soft knock came from the doorway. "Hm..?" He fixed his stature, staring at the door as the other two turned their attention to it as well. "Yes? Come in." Levy invited, wondering what it was- it wasn't usual that anyone visited them during these 'dinners'.

The door opened to Henry Azazel, followed by two of his workers. "Pardon us," the red-haired man stated, strolling in. "Ah? Henry!" Sullivan greeted as he walked over, being the only one who was standing. "Lord Sullivan, I must thank you for looking after my daughter at school-." He gave a small bow-mostly that of a head tilt. "Oh? It's nothing." The elder laughed. "-But.." the redhead cut whatever Sullivan was going to say further. "But...?" He inquired curiously, a paper being presented in turn.

"You've been formally accused of illegally crossing into the Human world, I'm afraid...please accompany me to the station so we may get this resolved promptly."

"Hmm...for real? A warrant?"

"Unfortunately, sir."

Still standing by the table, Belial and Levy shared a glance. Knowing that certain origins must not be connected nor even the slightest bit uncovered- especially with the one who is affected most is still so young. They gave the slightest bit of a nod to the other, plans already whirling into action within their minds- they have failed Sullivan and this child for many long years; something they will no longer do.

"Ooh..but why though?" Sullivan huffed.

"Really...Sully..." Belial sighed, shifting his hat a bit more.

"Mmm," Levy hummed, breathing out a sigh of her own as Sullivan was escorted out. "Bye, you two! Next time it will have to be at my manor so you can meet my little pumpkin! You two fellows there! Be sure to grab all the pictures and my bags! Handle them gently, now!" The bald demon directed in a cheerful manner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 55 16
Link to pic: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/19632948372601294/ Shirayuki ends up in the new world filled with quirks and heroes, and realises that she...
4.7K 185 7
Odette craved for death, she welcomed it with open arms. She was abused since she was nine by the nuns. That was until her mates met her and saved he...
261K 6.2K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
14.2K 421 21
I died.... what were you expecting of course I was buried! Well, more like my previous body was buried. At least I had a valid reason to miss the dea...