The Lost Princess of Asgard

Від marvel-ous

You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Odindittir. I... Більше

Prologue.
Part I : Chapter II
Part I : Chapter III
Part I : Chapter IV
Part I : Chapter V
Part I : Chapter VI
Part I : Chapter VII
Part I : Chapter VIII
Part I : Chapter IX
Part I : Chapter X
Part I : Chapter XI
Part I : Chapter XII
.intermission.
Part II : Chapter XIII
Part II : Chapter XIV
Part II : Chapter XV
Part II : Chapter XVI
Part II : Chapter XVII
Part II : Chapter XVIII
Part II : Chapter XIX
Part II : Chapter XX
Part II : Chapter XXI
Part II : Chapter XXII
Part II : Chapter XXIII
Part II : Chapter XXIV
Part II : Chapter XXV
Part II : Chapter XXVI
Part II : Chapter XXVII
Part II : Chapter XXVIII
Part II : Chapter XXIX
Part II : Chapter XXX
Part II : Chapter XXXI
Part II : Chapter XXXII
Part II : Chapter XXXIII
Part II : Chapter XXXIV
Part II : Chapter XXXV
Part II : Chapter XXXVI
Author's Note

Part I : Chapter I

39.7K 970 281
Від marvel-ous

P.S There are changes in POV throughout this chapter. I'll explain it all in the author's note.

NEW TRAILER TO THE SIDE! (unlike the one in the prologue, this one focuses mainly on Part One)

Part One : Chapter One.

Midgard.

Everything was a blur as I fell; almost as if I were dreaming the events occurring around me. I felt weightless, and my heart was at my throat thumping wildly, daring to fly out. I didn't scream at all for that particular reason. There was no point in screaming as I fell, anyways, there was no one around to hear.

Suddenly, my back hit a hard, ragged surface and my mouth finally opened, giving out a blood curdling cry at the impact, not caring if anyone heard. My body was aching, throbbing, and bleeding. My eyes finally were able to focus on my surroundings. The hot, blazing sun burned into them causing them to snap back shut for a few seconds. Adjusting to the bright light, I let my eyes wander around without moving my head or body. I couldn't move, if I did, it'd only make things worse.

The sky was a light, baby blue, not too far away were mountains, small rocks were scattered around, and a layer of dust and dirt covered the surface. The temperature was too hot for my Asgardian wear.There's another realm, my dear, with only one sun that illuminates the entire blue sky, my father's words echoed, it is called Midgard, for only humans live there.

"Father," I croaked in horrid pain, but there was no response. I was in Midgard, out of Asgard's reach and protection. I seemed to be paralyzed, lost, and vulnerable. But most of all, I was alone.

I was utterly and completely alone, so I let the darkness overwhelm me, hoping that it would be my last...

 **

 A week, Thor thought, it's been a full week and yet there is no trace of Astryd. Loki sighed beside him, thinking about the same topic. He blamed himself for the incident. If it weren't for his dare, she would've been right beside them, complaining that Thor and Loki never include her in their games. "She's still alive. I don't know how, but I feel it," Thor spoke.

"I do too," Loki agreed.

 For a few moments, there was complete silence and then, a sudden rambunctious crash that could wake the dead broke the silence. Both brothers jolted to their feet, alarmed, and ran to where the noise had come from: the sacred room. As they reached the door, a heavily armed guard blocked them from entering. "It is not safe for you two to be here."

 "The casket! Hand it over!" A strong, raspy voice demanded from the other side of the room.

 The guard who was blocking their entry dashed into the room, leaving the door wide open, and forgetting about the two boys. Thor and Loki peeked in to see Laufey standing in front of Odin, who was in front of the casket ready to protect it to death, if he had to. "You are not worthy enough of it. It is to stay here in Asgard to be protected from fools such as you."

 Laufey's men were gone, all killed by the Asgardian guards. Only Laufey was left, and he peered over to the casket only to be infuriated. "You touched it, didn't you? What have you done to the casket?" He angrily demanded. Laufey knew they had touched it; it didn't have the same imprint as it did before. Odin remained quiet, puzzled by Laufey's accusations.

 "You call me unworthy and claim peace, but it is you, who is unworthy. It is you who doesn't want peace, for if you did, you wouldn't have taken the power." Laufey growled, his ruby red eyes blaring.

"What power?" Odin demanded, frustrated. "I have taken no power."

 "Oh, but you did. And when I find out who was the receiver, their blood shall be mine." Laufey threatened with a menacing grin, and with a dark cloud of smoke, he was gone.

Thor and Loki took the opportunity and ran into the room towards their father. Odin stared forward, ignoring the boys, as he was deep in thought. Laufey came for a reason. He wouldn't take the tremendous risk of sneaking into Asgard, not without the reason being important. There was no doubt he had come for what once belonged to him, the casket, but Odin knew that Laufey was prepared to fight for it, but Laufey did no such thing. There must've been something, a flaw in the casket or a fail in Laufey's plan for him not to have gone through with it. But what could it be? Odin wondered, glancing back at the casket.

 He shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts. He had other things to think about. For instance, his missing little girl should be his main priority. He worried over her, all of them did. Was she alright? Was she alive?

Stay here, boys. I have something to discuss with Heimdall. He proceeded to leave the two boys, who curiously stared after their father. They both exchanged confused glances, but shrugged it off and headed off to their mother's room.

It didn't take long for Odin to arrive at the rainbow bridge. Heimdall curtly nodded at his king, acknowledging him as he watched over the realms. I've found her," he spoke, answering Odin's unspoken question. Odin's heart skipped a beat in glee, and a smile began to form on his face but it was interrupted by Heimdall before it could complete itself on Odin's face.

"But I am afraid that I have bad news that follows her appearance."

 Odin's half smile fell, replaced by a frown. "Please, explain yourself."

"I've caught a sight of her in a Midgardian hospital. She was hurt, but is now healing and treated well by the Midgardians. The bad news is that I can't bring her back under any circumstances."

"Why not?" Odin demanded.

"I uphold my oath to protect this realm as its gatekeeper. If anyone's return threatens the safety of Asgard, my gate will remain shut for them."

"I don't understand," Odin said, furrowing his eyebrows. How could his little girl, Astryd, be a threat to the safety of Asgard? She's just a little girl, who is no doubt lost and vulnerable. He needs her back home.

"There is something in her, that wasn't there before. I believe it is magic, and not just any magic, but powerful dark magic. And as long as it is within her, I can't bring her back. I am sorry, my King."

"Has she asked for me?"

"Yes. She cries out for you, and suffers because she is alone."

Odin sighed. His heart was shattered in jagged pieces. There was no possible safe way to return Astryd to Asgard, but he'll find a way. For now, he needs her to remain where she is, but he can't let her suffer like that. "Can you do me one favor, then? I want you to find a way to make her forget, to block her from her memories here and to let her fall into the hands of a caring Midgardian." Odin decided, tears threatening to spill.

"As you wish my king." Heimdall obeyed.

**

 "She seems to have gone into a cardiogenic shock due to loss of blood and the hard impact she seemed to have experienced, that's why she hasn't woken up. She's been in a coma for a week, but I expect her to wake up soon...I just don't understand. This is a little girl, who is probably no older than ten, we are talking about. She...she should be dead. The bruises and cuts on her body are too deep for an impact this massive for a normal human being to survive."

"What are you implying?" A new voice, a second one, demanded.

 "That she-"

"Shh, her eyes just moved." The second voice hushed. It was silent the whole time as I struggled to open my eyes and I soon found myself staring up at a white wall illuminated by a light that was too bright for my sensitive eyes. As I let my eyes wander, moving my head this time, I found myself lying on a small bed near a machine that gave out loud beeping sounds.

My eyes then landed on two grown men standing no more than five feet away from me. One was older than the other, his brown hair that had a few greying strands in it and posture gave it away. The other had fair blonde hair, brown eyes, and was both taller and slender than the other. They both watched me with wary stares, waiting for me to do something as if I were a possible threat.

  "Hello, my name is Erik," the older one spoke, stepping forward once he realized that I was no threat to anyone."What is your name?"

"My name?"

 I tried to remember and strained myself to do so.Astryd .I tried to remember more, but soon regretted it as it provoked a massive headache to come my way. "Astryd," I whispered in a hoarse voice, clearing my throat right after.

"Well, Astryd, do you remember what happened?" Erik asked, concern shown in his face. I closed my eyes, trying to push past the headache and focusing on what happened. Nothing came up. I was blank. "It's alright, don't hurt yourself. We'll figure it out soon, okay?"

 I simply nodded. The other man walked forward, telling me that he was just checking to see if I was alright. After checking all my vitals, and blood pressure, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the all the information he had written down. "This is strange. You seem to have healed rapidly. We'll keep you here just for the night to monitor everything and double check, but tomorrow, you are free to go."

"I'll go talk to Fury about this; he'll know what do and where to put her." The doctor added his attention towards Erik.

 "I'm taking her." Erik stated.

 "Mr. Selvig, she is not-" leans into Erik and whispers into his hear, so I wouldn't hear, but I still did."-normal. For all we know she could be a possible threat to our world. I'm almost positive Director Fury-"

"She is just a little girl. A kid." Erik argued. "She's coming with me, and that's final. I am the one who found her on my way to the Fosters. I will talk to Director Fury about this right now. Where is he?"

"Right outside." The doctor sighed and nodded towards the door. I stared at the man named Erik, and grabbed his hand before he left. "Are you my father?" He nodded his head no. "Do you know where he is?" Again, he nodded his head no. I glanced down at my hands, and fidgeted with my fingers, allowing him to go speak with Fury.

 Where was my family?

"You should have some more rest. It'll help you with your headache. Do you want something to numb the pain?" The doctor asked. I nodded, and he sent a gentle smile my way as he took out a needle from a drawer nearby. "Okay, this will pinch but only for a second, but this is going to help you okay?"

I nodded again and barely felt the pinch at all. "Goodnight," he said as he left the room. When the minute passed, I found myself soon fading away to sleep.

I was under water. It was pitch black, but a strong, bright blue light faded in. It was in a form of a cube; the tesseract. The tesseract floated around, calling to me. The alluring blue hazes intrigued me forward, and my hand reached out for it. "Astryd," it seemed to whisper.

 I was now suddenly in a room full of luxurious gold beauty. On a stand, sitting all alone was the casket of ancient winters. I neared it, feeling a strange power ignite inside of me with every step I took.Potentia ignire me ego enim sum dignus;power ignite me for I am worthy.My fingers were only centimeters away from its reach, but I pulled them back hastily when I saw my hands.

 Stretching my arms outwards, I noticed the sudden change of color in my veins. It was no longer the faint green-purple, but instead a bright blue. My eyes wandered to my palms where each one had a symbol tattooed. Half circles folded into each other, forming a circle of its own. The symbol was faintly familiar. I had seen it before; I knew what it was. I just couldn't will myself to remember.

 I glanced up; expecting to see the casket but it was gone. In its place, was a mirror with a girl whose long hair was fair and face pale. Her eyes were rimmed with blue veins, fading out just above her cheeks, bringing out the bright blue in her eyes. Blue, blue, blue. As blue as the tesseract and casket...My eyes widened in horror and the girl mimicked me.

 I woke up in a cold sweat, rushing to the hospital bathroom to confirm my doubting thoughts. I turned the light on only to realize that I have been deceived by my own thoughts. It wasn't just a dream...

That girl was me.

Hope the change of view wasn't too confusing. I seperated them with *s.Just in case you forgot or didn't know, Erik Selvig is the grown man who mentors Jane in Thor and the one who is controlled by Loki in the Avengers.I've decided to make him play a role in this story. Please leave your thoughts below! I love to hear them, (:

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

3.6K 92 26
This story will be based upon my character and it will follow the events of the movies.and i will be posting things that i havent seen anyone done or...
167K 6.4K 24
UNEDITED* Katie is a not so normal nineteen year old who has been with SHIELD all her life, and now she is asked by Loki himself to speak with him. L...
2.5K 36 21
This story is about Y/n. She's pretty normal or, so she thought. She was taken to Asgard and well she may or may not have found a lover. 💚 But an un...
748 45 26
You notice a strange shadow following you for quite some time now. And suddenly your life becomes a mess. You find out the truth, realise you have po...