Forever United |A MahiRohiRat...

By Messy_bird

Three brothers living the same dream..tied by beautiful relation of utmost respect, selfless love and trust... More

Characters
Prologue
~1~
Cover Credit
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
🙏
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
EPILOGUE 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
THANK YOU!!
Important Notice
Grateful

~12~

1.2K 90 39
By Messy_bird

Thank you So much fir showering love on last chapter!! Have a happy reading ahead💙
P.S:- Do hear the song mentioned above while reading this one...it may makes you cry!! I accidentally heard it, and thought to put it in this one!! :)

He moves ahead and looks at Virat, but Virat was standing showing no expression at all.

And Rohit was sobbing himself pleading him with his eyes.

Mahi takes a shaky breath and his eyes falls upon Manini, who was standing firm on her position, but whom she was fooling. It was Mahi...who can sense that they have known everything and...she was the victim of their anger.

And again, she was feeling right to send him away. He chuckled internally. How he is becoming reason for everyone's pain.

This was the fear he always kept hidden in his heart. To avoid it, he did so many things... things which were in his control. Avoiding his involvement in business matter even though he liked them, was also one of them. He knew, or maybe he guessed.. that's why, even being in the family, he avoided as much interference as possible, so that he can live with them always, without any hindrance.

He..loves Manini...truly...and she is a great mother. Mahi knew that, but he had also seen her, choosing Sourabh over him when he was admitted in hospital. Yes...he was there, when Yamini called her to inform him about his suicide attempt...and even though he was closed in his room for whole day, she didn't checked him. Ofcourse, you can't help but feel hopeful that a mother will always see through his child first, even if the child didn't want. No..Mahi didn't blame her, but just like every son, he also wished that his mother will held him and console him.. without asking anything. She will be there to say that..she believe him, despite of everything, she do believe him.

He has seen her being awake for him when he had fever...!! But, after sometime, everything stopped..!! Maybe because, he grew up..!! Yes!! Manini has been a great mother to him, but...would she have done the same if it would have been Virat and Rohit...!! Mahi instantly push those thoughts away. He never wants to witness Virat in his position!!
He looks at her mother again...and blink his eyes in order to avoid if there is any tear....but there wasn't any. So he just smile. The smile which was just as empty as his insides were!!

Khoya hai paake jisne pyaar main hoon na,
Bechain main hoon, beqaraar main hoon na,

"Maa!!", Surprisingly he called her first in his shivering voice, making Manini looks at him.

"Maa!!", Manini was cooking pancakes when she heard a hesitating voice. She found little Mahi of around 7 years standing while holding her Saree.

"What did you called me!!", she picked him turning teary.

"Maa!! Didn't you like it!?", He asked in hesitation with a little fear in his voice.

"Ofcourse Beta!! Call me that once again!!", She requested in teary voice only.

He called her Maa again and instantly got engulfed in bear hug.

"I..am sorry!! I have hurted you unknowingly!! But...never think..you are not best.. because you are best Mother anyone can have!!", he uttered in the hug only.

"You heard my talk with Vijay... Didn't you!!? Mahi!!You don't have to force yourself to call me Mom!!", She pinched his cheeks smilingly with tear remains on her cheeks.

"No!! I mean...yes I heard your talk with...uhh...Pa...Papa!! But, I myself wants to call you both that!! So, that I get adapt to these changes as soon as possible!!", he replied while wiping her tears.

She took his little palm in hers and kissed it.

"You...you will..never leave me...in that orphanage!!?", He asked unsure of what he wants to hear.

"No!! And I am so happy Mahi...that you don't want to go there anymore!! Previously, u would always be like...Aunty, Uncle!! Leave me there..I don't want to be burden to you!! I have to learnt to live alone!!", She imitated him making him smile slightly.

"What changed Mahi!!?", She asked to that little kid who was...way too mature of his age.

"I am sorry for my behavior...!! It's Just that...I am too weird unlike others...and people says.. it's frustrating to talk to me!! Also...noone ever tried to even befriend me...neither in orphanage nor in schools as well!! In orphanage too, when they asked me for any work, I did it without any argument!! The caretaker of orphanage have even beaten me, and got heavily charged by the owner..which resulted in some more beating!! So, I....stopped expecting things from people!! You will be treated in worst way, even if you are being your nicest self to people..!!!", Manini at that moment understood, even in his innocence..Mahi has learnt one of the most valuable teaching by life.

She looks at him and wiped his tears...and hugged him tightly.She wiped her own tears and separate from the hug.

She cupped his cheeks and looks at him lovingly.

"I..am your mother Mahi!! I will... always be one!! Maybe we don't share the same blood..but I will shower you with so much love, that you will forget your every painful memories. I...will never leave you!!", She promised.

And today, she broke it..!! Mahi remembered the same memory, as that of Manini.

The difference was that today, she is regretting for bringing him. If she wouldn't have, neither he would have been hurt, nor she would have been facing something like this.

For Mahi they were beautiful memories..the one which carved some beautiful years in his life.

"Can...can I hug you?", He asked in small voice, not giving away his emotional turmoil he was going through. She nodded with guilt written in her every gesture..and spread her arm. He, hides himself in her secure arms.

"Nev...never keep any regret in your life!! You...were a best mother I could have asked for!! And...I am..I am sorry..for hurting you, unknowingly!!", She just tighten the hug.

"Kis mitti ka bana hai tu!!", She couldn't help but ask him.

He chuckled tearily...while he holds her hand in his palm kissing them... remembering old times. He took her blessings.

Koyi toh ho aisa, jisko apna keh sakoon,
Koyi toh ho aisa, jiske dil mein reh sakoon ho...
Koyi toh kehta ek baar main hoon na...!!!

He moves to his father who couldn't meet his eyes...and just fold his both hands together.

"Dad!!", He almost yelled while holding his hand and hugged him tightly.

"I really love you Dad!! Remember that...and for my sake...even if I won't be there...take your medicines on time!! And please.... don't punish Mom!! I wouldn't be happy by this!!", He ended in small voice in hug only.

"I...am so sorry!! Mahi...Maybe you would have been happy there only!! I never brought you to leave you alone once again", he sobbed... making Mahi clutched his hands.

"Your decision has given me beautiful memories Dad!! Don't say so..!!" He smiles saying so, and move further..only to face Anushka and Ritika standing tearily..who just hugged him.

He separated from the hug..and looks at Anushka and Ritika. In little time, they have spent together, he knew they have idolized him as a brother.

He cupped their faces and give them a calming smile.

"You both...take care of yourself..and..and your partners as well", he glanced towards Virat and Rohit, only to find Virat still standing without any expression looking at him.

"Please...take care of them...!!", He whispered silently still looking at Virat. Anushka follow his gaze..and looks at Virat.

She pressed Mahi's hand and bring him out from the thoughts. He give them small smile and pats their cheeks.

Khoya hai paake jisne pyaar main hoon na,
Bechain main hoon, beqaraar main hoon na...!!

He turns around...and faces the team. They were all teary, consoling each other...!! But, there was Jasprit who was holding Rohit, trying to console him. On the other side, Rahul was trying to console Virat who wasn't giving any response to him.

He just spread his arms and..the team ran to him.

"Husshh Kiddos!!"

"Don't go naa Bhai!! Please!!", says Hardik making Mahi kissed his head.

"C'mon Kiddo!! Now..be okay!! Being present here physically or not...just remember...I am always there...wishing for your success!!", they just hugged him more.

He separated from the hug and moves to Suresh and hugged him.

"Thank you Sonu!! For everything..!!", He uttered and Suresh can't help but understand his unsaid words as well.

"Mahi!! I never stopped you from your any decision...but please Mahi...reconsider this", he almost pleaded in teary voice..!!

"I tried Sonu....but..Ab buss yaar!!", Those three sentence, though only audible to Sonu, were full of pain and tiredness making Sonu hugged Mahi tightly, giving him all the strength needed.

He moves forward to hug Yuvi, who just showed his palm to him.

"Tune jo kaha wo sab humne mana...but aaj mai nhi manne wala!! Agar aaj tu gaya naa Mahi, toh...apne iss dost..Yuvi ko v vul jana!!", He said wiping his tears harshly...!!

Mahi takes a step back with smiling face.

"Jaisa tujhe theek lage yaar!!", He replied with that painful smile and glossy eyes. However, he took Yuvi words too seriously, even though Yuvi just wanted to stop him at any cost, and those were just empty threat.

Yuvraj, on the other hand was hurt and hence left from there... without hugging his best friend for the last time.

And, then came he came forward, only to face his Sourabh Dada and Masi Maa.

He looks at them with tears, which he was blinking rapidly to not let them flow.

"I...I don't have anything else... except that...I..I am sorry!! For every pain, I had given you both!! For every..every thing you have gone through...!! It wasn't intentional..I really tried..but at the end of the day, I hurted you... infact I, became reason for everyone's hurt!!", he ended in whisper.

"Still...if you can..then just... don't hate me!!?

You..were right Masi!! Maybe, if I hadn't been here... everything would have been alright!! Look...how everyone is in pain because of me!! But.. don't worry Masi...once I will be gone, everything will be back to normal..again!!", He said with lost voice.

His Masi finally gave up and hugged him tightly, shocking him.

"I am sorry Mahi...I am sorry!!", She asked for forgiveness...but maybe he was too shocked or overwhelm that he didn't returned the hug..and just separated from the hug.

Sourabh Dada was just looking at the ground with tears..!!

"Thank you Sir!! For considering my request!!", He said with smile and finally looks at everyone once again.

Jo bandhan toote, jo apne ruthhe,
Paas aa jaayein phirse dooriyaan...
Ye kyun hota hai, ke dil rota hai,
Bebas ho jaati hai, ye zabaan,

Finally, he moves to Rohit.
"Ro!!", He opened his arms for his little Ro and the Rohit dashed in his arms.

"Don't go Bhaiya!! Please!!", He keeps on murmuring in the hug sobbing hardly.

Mahi separate from the hug and cupped his face.

"Stop crying Bachcha!!C'mon!!Yes..Hushh!!", He pats his back while hugging him closely.

After Rohit finally calm down a little, Mahi then cups his face and give him his heart warming smile.

"Ro!! Even if I won't be there, I will be here right!?",he asked while keeping his hand near his heart.

"Take care of urself, your Vi and Your Mom as well!!", says Mahi to which Ro just clutched his hand.

"Aap nahi rukoge!! Please...You have completed our every wish!! Ye v..Ye bhi humari wish hai!! Please puri kar doh!!", He asked in breaking voice, making Mahi heart clench, who just hugged him and kissed him tightly on the head.

And without turning towards Rohit again, he turns around...and faces his only reason to live, his Cheeku, standing rooted on his place just like how he was, from the beginning.

Mahi's feel automatically move towards him, while his whole body was shivering. His eyes were teary when he reach near him.

"Cheeku!!", He called him.

"Stop there only!!", the low voice he used felt so foreign to Mahi.
It was full of pain at the same time it was devoid of any emotions. He finally looked up with blank eyes, making Mahi too shocked.

Mahi felt his world collapsed when he just found an accusation in his little brother's eyes. The eyes which he could read anytime, didn't conveyed any other emotions to him, than accusation.

"Maa..se kiya wada...aapne nibha liya!! Mujhse kiye wade ka...kya!!??", He asked him in the same accusing voice making Mahi's eyes teary.

"Vul gaye na..Bhai..no...Mr. Mahendra Singh Dhoni!! The...the Mahendra Singh Dhoni...who..who is too big hearted...that he like to break my heart..again and again and again!!", He asked him with gritting teeth and red rimmed eyes.

"Yaad karo...wo promise..jo aapne mujhse kiye the..ki..chahe...koi v kuchh v kyu naa bole...aap kabhi...kabhi humare rishte pe sawaal nhi uthaoge!! Kabhi..kabhi mujhe khudse dur nhi karoge."

Flashback

It was usual day when Mahi returned from the school.

"Maa!! Where is Cheeku?? He didn't wait for me today?",asked Mahi returning from the school.

"Mahi!! He already came!! I don't know..he seemed little oof today!!", Answered her mother.

"Achha..you look after him..I have go for some work!!", Mahi nodded and after changing himself and getting freshen up...he moves to his little Cheeku room.
He opens the door..only to find Cheeku sitting on the floor beside the bed, hiding his face between his knees. His body was shaking.

Mahi rushed to him..."Cheeku!!", he called him and Virat looks up hearing the voice.

His face was soaked in tears and his nose were red.

"Cheeku!!", Mahi just hugged his brother who was sobbing badly.

"Kya hua Bachcha atleast Tell me!! Why are you crying so much!!? Has someone said something? Are you hurt somewhere? What happened? Don't you tell your Bhaiya!?", Asked Mahi as Virat was sobbing badly.

"Bhaiya?? Are we not real brothers?", asked the little Virat innocently making Mahi arms around him loosen.

This was the truth Virat was still unaware of, since Mahi was scared of his reaction.

"Bolo naa Bhai!! What are real brothers?? Do they love each other more, than you do to me!!?", Mahi looks at his younger brother after separating from the hug.

"Do they care more of their younger brother when they are sick...than you do?? Do they laid awake whole night for their younger brother to check his fever!? Do they share their favourite sweets like we do? Do they----", Mahi hugged him tightly in response.

"Yes Kiddo!! They do everything...just like us."

"Then...why does it make any difference if we are real or not?? Brothers are brothers... rights Bhaiya!!?", He asked innocently.

"Yes Champ!! Yes!!"

"You will never leave me..right!!?? Like Ved stated!!?", He again asked in the hug only.

Mahi chuckled and separated from the hug. He cupped his face and chuckled tearily.

"My Mad Kiddo!! At one moment..you behave more than that of your age...and at the next moment, you prove me wrong....!!!

Ofcourse I won't leave you Bachcha!! Where will I go by leaving you!! No matter whoever questions our relation, no matter real or not....as you said... Brother are brothers...and we are brothers..bonded by destiny!! Champ!! You are my lifeline...and where will I go leaving my little world here!!", He said while pulling his nose making him whine....and then kissed his forehead before hugging him close again.

"I promise Kiddo....we will always stay together... irrespective of what others say!! For me, you matters most Bachcha!!"

Flashback End

"Aap sab bhul gaye Bhaiya...mai nahi bhula!! It's strange..I was younger than you still I remember everything", he stated with hurt hidden beneath the chuckle.

"I didn't forget anything Cheeks!!"

"Don't... Don't call me that!! Cheeks....My elder brother...my Bhaiya..used to call me that..the one who loved me more than anyone else...but you...you are selfish!! You only cares about yourself..and...and your mother!!", He accused.

"Virat!!", Mahi voice turned stern.

"Don't Virat me now!! When I say her something, she slaps me to make me shut my mouth...and on the other hand, you use your voice!! Ok..I won't say anything... neither to her, nor to anyone else!!", He said with anger evident in his voice.

"But remember....once you will go from my life, there will be no place left for you even if you decides to return...ever!!

Dil hai naa Bhai..!! Ek baar koi chala gaya toh chala gaya!!"

"Virat!! Are you out of your mind??", Came the angry voice of Sourabh Ganguly...who was silent till now.

"Just... shut up...Mr. Sourabh Ganguly!!", As soon as he finished, a slap landed on his cheeks.

He looks in front of him to find his big brother, standing with red angry yet teary eyes.

"Teri badtameezi seh raha hu...iska matlab ye nahi ki, tu use badhata hi jaaye!! He is your elder brother for God sake!! Is this how you talk to someone elder than you!!".

"Toh batao kaise baat karu uss insaan se, jiski wajah se aap 8 years se sab seh rahe ho...!! What are you thinking Bhai? How did I know?? Oh c'mon Bhai!! Mai naa pagal dikhta hu, but mai hu nahi!! I can differentiate between sadness and happiness...I can see those fake laughter of you!! I know many things Bhai, which you have still kept hidden!!", Mahi heartbeat raised hearing Virat.

"Are you...scared Bhaiya!!? Don't worry...I won't say anything...but remember Bhaiya...infact... remember everyone present here!! Mom, especially you....aap sabne..sabne apne baare me socha...Bhai ne socha ki Mom ki baat maankar unko Khush karna hai...and Mom ne socha ki..Bhai ke jaane se unki priority badhegi....Dad ko himmat nahi hui ko wo Mom ko roke so that ghar me aur tamasha naa ho...and Masi and Sourabh Dada...ohh congratulations on getting your wish fulfilled!!

Why are you all teary?? You all have get everything...every damn thing you wished!!! But...you snatched my thing....my zone of comfort, my happiness...my everything!! And for this, I won't ever forgive you... remember Mr. MS Dhoni!! I will never forgive you for doing this with me!! I warned you last time... Don't ever think to leave me...but maybe you took me and my love for you granted!! So, from this moment...just like you...I will also forget the existence of any MS Dhoni in my life!!", After bursting out his anger on Mahi, he wiped his tears harshly and moves away from there.

And Mahi.....was lost......!! He was unable to digest the fact...that..his Cheeku...his Champ... indirectly has finished every relations with him.

He was unable to move...!!

"Bhai...usko...Vi has gotten mad!! Don't worry...I will make him understand!!", Ro stated, himself crying and still understanding Mahi situation.

Mahi just takes a step back, not registering anyone's word....all that was echoing in his mind was Virat's word.

Apne toh saare is kinaare reh gaye ho..
Tanha chala jo us paar main hoon na...!!
Khoya hai paake jisne pyaar main hoon na,
Bechain main hoon, beqaraar main hoon na...!!

Sakshi just holds his arms and takes him to his car.

Sakshi looks back to the each person present there and sat down inside the car, wiping her own tears.

She kept on looking Mahi...who was leaning back on the seat with closed eyes.

Jahaan bhi main jaaun, jahaan bhi main dekhoon,
Saare chehre begaane se hain..!!
Kabhi koyi tha, jo mera hi tha,
Ye qisse ab afsaane se hain..!!

He loosen his shirt button...and started taking heavy breaths.

"Mahi!!", She called him and hugged him, while he rested his head on her shoulder shaking severely, holding her shoulders tightly, trying to hide himself in that embrace as much as possible.

On the other hand, Virat enters inside the house with mad rage...and started throwing everything.

"Ahhh!!",he screamed in frustration and then fall down on his knees.... breaking down in tears while hiding his face in his palms.

"Vii!!", Rohit who has follows him, just hugs him tightly while himself crying.

"I..have hurted him Ro!!", He said and just hugged him more tightly in return.

Kal zindagi ne khel khele the naye,
Kuch log jeete, jeet ke sab le gaye ho..
Hisse mein aaya jiske haar main hoon na...!!
Khoya hai paake jisne pyaar main hoon na,
Bechain main hoon, beqaraar main hoon na...!!

They sat like that until they calm down.

"Bhai...will not return now Vi!?", Asked Rohit tearily.

Virat just looks at his younger brother and pats his cheeks.

"So what...I am...I am also your elder brother!! Even if I am not like him, I will try to be best...I...I will never leave you like him!!", He ended in broken whisper whereas Rohit who was by now lying in his lap snuggle more into him and Virat started patting his head. Virat rests his head on the headrest while staring the ceiling aimlessly.

Rohit dozed off and Virat shifts his head on the pillow comfortably.

He moves out from the room silently and...reached the room, which was used to be of his elder brother.

He silently enters inside...and looks around the room....!! This room holds their numerous memories....!! Most of the night, he have slept here, in his Bhaiya's lap..but today... everything seems so distant. He silently move towards the bed and lye down, trying to take his brothers warmth.....but it only hurted him, breaking him into more tears.

Virat started sobbing without any sound... feeling miserable.

Nothing seems same without his big brother...and in the incidentally something got stuck in his palm making him hiss.

He looks at the thing..and it was a wrapper...most specifically...a medicine wrapper.

He jerks up...and wipe his tears looking at medicine wrapper there..in his brother's room.

His brother wasn't sick...then why a medicine wrapper is there.

He looks at the bedside desk and found half emptied bottle.

He remembered an incident.

"Bhai!!", Mahi turned abruptly towards Virat with his hand hidden behind.

"Haa Virat?!", Virat frown hearing Virat from him.

"Why are you calling me Virat...and...and why are you sweating Bhai!!? Are you okay!!?", Asked Virat worriedly.

"Yah..just..just..weather...Umm Yah...!!", Mahi fumbled.

"You are hiding something Bhaiya!!?", asked Virat in stern voice.

"No Cheeku... it's just..yah..I was late for practice today...so...ran some lap!!"

"But I didn't asked you!!", Said Virat. Why will Bhai do something like that... thought Virat.

"Because Cheeku!! The captain happens to be my brother...who will never punish me??", Teases Mahi to Virat to which Virat just grumbled and looks another side in anger.

He heard some voice and turns around to find Mahi engulfing him in his hug to pacify his angry Rabbit.

He, at once opens the desk..and found so many medicines...lying haphazardly in the desk.

He took all of them in his hand one by one.

"These medicines..!!? What had happened to Bhai!!? And why am I unaware about this!!!?",thought Virat.

Virat's thought rushed back to the night of the Ganesh utsav party, when Mahi was looking disoriented..!!

Virat just hold his head and pulls his hair frustratingly, instantly deciding something.

He called someone.

"HELLO!! Yah...I am sending you something...just tell me...what these medicines are used for!!?", He ordered and waited for few moments.

Soon, he get calls from the same person.

"Virat...these are heavy anti depressant medicine...!! I don't know...who are taking this...but please..as a doctor...I am recommending you, take care of that person every second..if possible..!!", Virat sat with thud on the bed hearing the reply.

On the other hand.....

"Why you did that Manini??"

"You know the answer!!"

"No!! I don't!! Because u don't believe the rubbish!! I know there is something more than that!! What were you trying to hide Manini...!!", Manini was stucked hearing the question she did not want to face.

"What is the real reason Manini...which made you throw Mahi out of everyone's life!!?", And she knew...she have no option than to tell her everything...!! That one thing, she has been hiding since forever!!

______________________________________

Sorry for little late update..!!

But the change in weather has affected me..was sick for few days..!!!

Anyway, do tell me how was it!! I feel so nervous before every update, if it will be upto your marks or not!!

Do tell me through your reviews 💬 and ofcourse Vote🌟

Thank you💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

883K 39.9K 66
Home To You Description: The whole world knows about them from the outside . The Three heirs of Suryavanshi's were the most popular and handsome...
99K 4.2K 25
My first try on ICT. I cherish the bond between the team. And the bond I am deeply madly in love with is my "❤️Mahirat❤". God knows how and when I s...
7.2K 287 5
Summary - It was just after the South Africa wherein Virat had announced his decision to step down from the Test Captaincy. MS had lent his support a...
8.2K 1K 13
They were once best of friends, soul brothers and each other's rocks of strength. But now there are cracks on these rocks. What happened and will it...