Choose.

By Ezraelle_Peregrine

Y/N Barron is trained to kill so she never minded blood and gore. Though when she is sent on a mission to dis... More

Prewiev
Chapter 1- Arrival
Chapter 3- Gut feeling
Chapter 4- early morning light.
Chapter 5- too loud.
Chapter 6- get off of me?!?
Chapter 7- drunk decision...
Chapter 8- don't jump!
Chapter 9- I'm Sorry...
Chapter 10- open you eyes.
Chapter 11- navy blue
Chapter 12- bird
Chapter 13- blue bird
Chapter 14- Adilene
Chapter 15- knock knock
Chapter 16- sort it out?
Chapter 17- Trapped.
Chapter 18- get away!
Chapter 19- Home again...
Chapter 20- wrapping it up~

Chapter 2- Eventful evening

1K 45 32
By Ezraelle_Peregrine

"Miss peregrine" Olive says, and enters the woman's room seeing as the door was wide opened.

"Polite persons knock Olive" Alma says in a scolding tone but turns to the girl while still getting an extra pillow ready. The girl smirks making me and Alma exchange a confused look.

"Is something the matter Olive?" The Ymbryne asks breaking the silence.

"I just- never mind. I wanted to know if Y/N will be staying for dinner but... i think i already have my answer" she says nodding towards the pillow and leaving with a grin. Red creeps up my neck and i keep facing the door to hide the blush.

"You are staying for dinner? Aren't you?" She asks almost in a teasing manner. I turn to her to see her surprisingly close and fall back a few steps making her chuckle. The sound made my stomach flip and I can't help but smile. It was frustrating. I didn't want to become too close with her! She seemed to notice I had something on my mind and pulled me into a hug. My whole body tensed and my eyes widened. She could of course feel it and quickly took a step back.

"I'm sorry darling. Are you alright?" She asks but i was still too shocked.

"I- yes! I'm just not very used to... hugging" i say eventually and she takes it as a reason to hug me again, this time with me returning it. This was nice. I didn't notice how long we'd been standing there -and certainly not that i'd nuzzled in closer- until she chuckles lightly.

"Are you ready to stop?" She asked softly but yet sincerely. I nuzzle in closer enjoying the warmth radiating off of her. She takes this as a no and pulls me closer until two of her children entered.

"Miss Peregrine we need your help!" Said the little girl. Fiona i think was her name?

"What seems to be the matter?" Alma asks straightening out of the hug. Idiot! I can't hug the enemy! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Millard climbed up the tree again!" Says the other girl. Claire!

"Oh not this again" says Alma more so to herself then to anyone in particular. The woman pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs.

"Is it the same tree as last time?" She asks and they nod taking one of her hands each. Fiona keeps pulling her with while claire comes to drag me with.

"Wha- i?" I say but she just keeps pulling me with. I eventually pick up the girl and walk out to the tree, were Alma and Fiona were already standing, looking up.

"Millard!" Alma shouts making me look up trying to spot the boy. Who was invisible I remembered. I tried looking for the floating clothes but saw nothing and he also didn't return Alma's shout. She turns to me in frustration and is surprised seeing as i was carrying Claire. She turns to the tree again and shouts;

"Millard!?" Again. No answer. I put down the girl when i hear sniffling and feel a drop on my hand. I take off my cardigan and jump to the first tree making Alma gasp and Olive take a step back. I flung my legs over the branch and abruptly jump to the next one.

"Y/N!" Alma shouts and i look down. She opens her mouth to say something but hesitates.

"Don- just please be careful?" She says and sighs.

"Of course" i say smiling at the woman. I keep jumping from branch to branch until i reach the boy.

"Hey... Millard, was it?" I ask slowly getting closer. I see the hat move up and down meaning he was nodding. I give him a soft smile and reach out for his hand and see his arm slowly moving towards mine and eventually i feel his hand in mine.

"I'm gonna help you down okay?" I say and see him nodding again. Or well the hat... either way.

"Climb onto my back" i say and he does so.

"Y/N? Is everything alright?" Alma shouts and I suddenly trip. Millard was clinging to my back and screaming.

"We're gonna die! We're gonna die, we're gonna die!" I swiftly roll backwards in the air basically doing a backflip and landing steadily on my feat.

"Ow! Damn it!" I yell at the pain shooting through my legs all the way to my hips, almost making me feel numb. Millard jumped of my back and i fell to my knees grunting in pain.

"Argh!" I yelled out and soon found a hand placed on my shoulder. My eyes were closed tightly. Suddenly someone lifted me up and i let out a groan. When opening my eyes i see it's the blue haired Ymbryne carrying me, but i quickly shut them and pull myself closer to her. God damn it that hurt!

"I'm sorry darling" she says and i open my eyes again. I see that i am now on one of the couches in the parlor and she was sitting beside me.

"I only wanted to check up on you" she says concern plastered on her face. I let out a pained chuckle before saying;

"I've tried worse" i say through sharp breathing. I see my foot twisted out of place and quickly twist it back in, the only thing keeping me from screaming being my teeth stabbing into my bottom lip. Alma gasps but i let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey i can feel my legs again" i say laughing and she looks at me in a scolding matter. I look down but hear her chuckle and look back up.

"What?" I say laughing.

"You're peculiar" she says through a laugh before getting up.

"I'll have to prepare supper" she says and a tad bit of disappointment flushes through me.

"If you're feeling up to it you can always help" she says probably sensing my disappointment. I look up and get up frowning at the pain. She frowns but let's me come along.

__________

I was chopping a huge carrot with one of the homes kitchen knifes but gave up. It didn't feel sharp enough. I go to the opposite counter and take a knife out of my knife bag. I shot it across the kitchen close to Alma and successfully hit the carrot. She gasps and just now i realise how easy it would have been to kill her right then and there. She trusted me. It felt weird having someone trust me enough to throw a knife in the house and carry a child down a tree. But then again she had no reason for suspicion.

"Are you crazy?!" She whisper shouts and i give her an apologetic smile.

"Don't worry i never miss, remember?" I say continuing the lie of my peculiarity. Truth is I can't even remember what it is. I just know that it killed my mother and i never used it again. The memory was buried deep down and i had no intention of trying to recall it. She lets out a sigh and walks over to me, only stopping when she was halfway pressing me against the wall. I was about her hight but her heels made her just the slightest 5 cm taller than me, meaning she was towering over me.

"And if i had moved" she says silently being well aware of just how close she was to me.

"I- i- you uh-" i say fumbling for wording. She smirks and goes to cook some rice.

"God damn it she is intimidating" i whisper under my breath but of course she hears. She's an Ymbryne! Stupid.

"What was that dear?" She say's playfully and i roll my eyes with a smile.

"You heard me" i say, in a flirting manner making  her blush just the tiniest bit.

No! Stop it! You're not supposed to be flirting with her! I face plant in my hands and she chuckles. But why does her laugh make me feel so... safe?

"I will go fetch for the children, so they can set the table" she says walking to the door. I was back to chopping the carrot though with my knife seeing as it was sharper.

"You better not make a whole in the wall" she says and i could practically hear the smile on her lips.

"Haha" i say sarcastically in a playful demeanour, making her laugh a little before walking of. Once the clicking of her heels were gone i turned to the door. I didn't know why i had grown paranoid but it felt like someone was in the room.

"Hey y/n?" I jump at the voice and point my knife in the direction of it. Oh it was Millard.

"Oh sorry Millard!" I say quickly redirecting my knife to the carrot again.

"Is something wrong?" I ask but he hugs me. I wasn't really the hugging type -or i just wasn't very used to it- but hugged him back with a confused smile playing on my lips.

"Thank you for saving my life today" he says muffled by my dress.

"No problem sweetie" i say kindly and he runs off. I am not supposed to be saving their lives! I am supposed to spy on them. Find their week spots and all of that... other stuff. Until we -meaning my father- can kill them... the thought stung and i tried shaking it off though it didn't really work and i grew distracted. Suddenly i feel a hand on my shoulder and accidentally nick my hand. Though with the knife the nick was more of a deep cut.

"Ow! Damn it!" I shouted and let the knife fall to the ground. I turned to see who's hand was placed on my shoulder and when i turned i looked right into the stunning blue eyes of the familiar woman.

"I'm so sorry. This is the second time today" she mumbles the bit as she goes to grab some bandages and healing solution. It stung when she poured some onto my hand and on instinct i bite my bottom lip only to inhale sharply from pain. I remember doing the same earlier and move my healthy hand to my lips. I looked at the hand that had touched my lip and saw blood. Damn it. Okay i've said that too much today. She looks up at me noticing the hitch in my breathing and sees the blood on my lips.

"Darling are you alright?" She says and i nod.

"Yes it's just a bad habit" i say chuckling. She brings her thumb to my lip and wipes the blood away. She was very close to my face and i could feel her warm breathing against my lips. She blushes as do i and we both quickly pull away before anything else could happen.

"Dear is the carrot finished?" She asks and i nod. She throws it into a pot with boiling water and adds some salt to it. After that she drains the rice but seems lost in thoughts making her burn her hand and let go of the pot. Both of our eyes widen and i let my instincts take over catching the pot. Of course it was boiling hot and i threw it away and tried not to curse at the pain. I was about to bite my bottom lip but Alma rushes in and puts my hands in cold water and a towel on my lip so i wouldn't create a tear on the skin again.

"Dam- mother of birds that hurt!" I yell and she laughs a little at the chaos and my choice of words. I exhale out of relief from the cold water and chuckle a little.

"Well this is certainly the most eventful evening i've had in a while" she says making us both laugh a little harder.

________

Okay! Long chapters!! The last two chapters have each had about 2000 words<3 i'm quite proud of myself👏🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 259 7
And some one-shots for the most wonderful and sexy Dean of all. Don't hesitate to send a request !!!
540K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
48.3K 2.2K 16
A new teacher, by the name of Y/n Pendragon, has just been appointed at the School For Good. The youngest daughter of the late King Uther of Camelot...
3.4K 415 89
READ THE ORIGINAL BOOK AND SEQUEL BEFORE THIS ONE Esmé and Alma have shared some stories to the children of their time at the academy, but decided to...