Into the Honeyverse

By chasethemayhem

Because everyone needs a little more Hangman in their lives 😎 There are so many ideas I had for Jake based o... More

Requests!
I Like You
Proud*
Unholy
One Beer
wait in the truck
Small change!
Worse Than Treason
Love You Again*
Last Night
So It Goes...*
Mom & Dad Don't Get Out Much
Flight Risk (1/4)
Flight Risk (2/4)
Flight Risk (3/4)
Flight Risk (4/4)
Into the Honeyverse
Living For the Night x George Strait
Cover Me Up x Morgan Wallen
Champagne & Sunshine x PLVTINUM*
Boyfriend x Hardy
My Kinda Morning x Chase Wright
Me On You x Muscadine Bloodline*
Don't Just Undress Me With Your Eyes*
Honey?
Digital Daggers
Digital Daggers: Sister Wives groupchat
Digital Daggers Pt. 2
Tiny update!
In My Defense, I Was Left Unsupervised
Shook Me All Night Long
She Ain't Takin' Your Call
That Pretty Girl's In Pretty Good Hands

Single Saturday Night

1.2K 25 6
By chasethemayhem

Sittin' over in the corner, baby, I saw
Pretty red lips workin' on a White Claw
Shakin' to a little Shook Me All Night Long
And I thought
Man, what a beautiful sight
Ain't a morning you don't wake up in my shirt now
Even holdin' hands walkin' outta church now

Single Saturday Night x Cole Swindell

Jake

Settled into our usual spots around the pool table at the Hard Deck, Coyote and I listen to a couple of students from the newest Top Gun class discuss how they plan on taking girls home tonight. They went back over the rules of the "dibs" system, which Coyote and I had briefly explained earlier when we were reminiscing on our own memories of Top Gun now that we're instructors. We had no idea they were even listening to a word we said, given that their heads were too inflated with their own egos to hear much else other than their own praises. I lean over to mumble to Coyote.

"Dude, were we really that bad?" I question.

"Nah, we weren't. But you were. You're lucky I stuck around," he jokes with a clap on my back, making me grimace at how awful I apparently was. "Halo was good for you, brought you down quite a few pegs and keeps you grounded. Much to everyone's relief," he teases.

Speaking of the little devil, she walks through the door, still dressed in her scrubs with one of the girls I recognize as another nurse at the base hospital at her side. I pick up on one of the aviators, Jackpot I think, also noticing Beckham walking through the door, as he quickly slaps his buddy on the chest to lay his claim on her.

"Dibs on the red lips!" He exclaims, making his buddy groan.  "I saw her first bud, we can't all be winners," he boasts. 

Coyote is about to step in and save his ass, absolutely unaware that Beck is mine, but I'm feeling a little mischievous tonight and hold him back.

"Nah man, let her shut him down," I whisper, broad smirk cutting across my face. 

The little dweeb struts over to Beckham and her friend at the bar.

Beckham

Jess and I trudge to the bar after a long ass shift at the base ER, basically dead on our feet.  It's been a while since I was in a hospital setting, thanks to our particular task force,  but they had almost half their nurses call in sick with a nasty strain of the flu and were in dire need of capable hands.  She and I are decompressing, discussing the patient that yanked out his IV and sent blood squirting everywhere like a horror movie, when a body plops onto the stool next to me.  I don't acknowledge whoever it is, fully engrossed in my conversation with Jess.  I hear a throat clear behind me and a voice speak up over the music coming from the jukebox.

"Did it hurt?" I'm asked with a tap to my shoulder.

"Excuse me?"

"Did it hurt?  You know, when you fell from heaven?" The stranger asks again.  I quickly peg him as a student at Top Gun thanks to his uniform and annoyingly overconfident attitude. 

"Did you just call me satan?" I retort, making him stutter out his response.

"I uhhh, no.  I was-I was referring to the fact you're too gorgeous to be human, so you have to be an angel," he tries to recover. 

"Hm, how original," comes my reply before I move to return my attention back to Jess.  I don't even get a full word out before the dumbass taps my shoulder again.

"You can call me Nemo, cause I'm never afraid to touch the butt," he tries again.

"Gross.  Use your efforts elsewhere, not interested."   This time I fully turn my back to him, hoping he gets the picture.  We continue our conversation and Penny mercifully drops off our drinks. 

"Keep an eye on that one, Pen.  He's a definite candidate for the bell," I tell her and she nods, eyes zeroed in on her target for the night.  I smile proudly, knowing that dumbass will get what's coming to him. 

Jake

Dipshit walks back to the table and slumps into his seat.   We were close enough that we could overhear the entire conversation, but Beck hasn't noticed me yet.  Perfect.

"Damn dude, the ball hit the glove before you could even swing, you struck out so hard!" His buddy teases him. 

"Yeah, whatever.  She's probably a lesbian or some shit, I never get turned down in uniform," he pouts.  I barely manage to bite my tongue, but I do, because I wanna see this one through. 

"Don't blame her lack of interest on the joke that is your game.   You're just not that interesting," I shrug as I bring my beer to my lips for a sip.

"Whatever, like you could do any better.  You're a lame instructor.  And old," he pokes at me. 

"Easy there, tiger.  You're bordering on disrespectful," Coyote warns and the kid has the sense to look a little sheepish before he changes tactics.

"Fine, you think it's just my game?  You go over there and pick her up.  $20 says you can't get her number," he challenges. 

Oh it's so on.  I stuff down the laugh that wants to escape and keep a straight face as I hold out my hand to shake his.  "You got yourself a deal, kid."

I set my beer down and casually make my way to my girl. 

"Hello there, gorgeous ladies.  You look like you've been kicking ass and taking names all day, can I get your next round?  You know, as a thank you to all mankind for blessing us with your beauty." I wink, making the girls giggle. 

"Why thank you for your charitable contribution, fine sir.  It's much appreciated," Beckham beams at me and Jess smiles at our interaction.

"Can I ask you a nurse question?"

"Sure, whatcha got?"

"If the jaw muscle is supposed to be the strongest in the body, how did you make mine drop so easily?"   I know I'm laying it on thick, but the sparkle in Beck's eyes is more than enough motivation to continue. 

"That's a tough question, let me check it out," she replies, hands softly stroking my jaw as if she's truly inspecting it. 

"Looks fine to me, big guy.  Anything else got you worried?"

"Yeah, I'm worried that I might have pulled a muscle.  Would you mind checking it to make sure it's still working properly?" I pretend to look concerned.

"Absolutely!  Where's the problem?" Beckham plays along.

"Here, I can show you better than I can tell you.  That ok?"

"Hit me with your best shot," she smirks at me, knowing my next move.  My hand slips into her hair and I haul her body against mine, crashing my lips down on hers.  My lips move over hers, then my tongue slips into her mouth to tangle with her own in slow, teasing movements.  We finally pull apart and Beckham and I are both grinning like morons, breathing heavily.  "I think that one is in tip top shape, passed the physical exam with flying colors!"

I overhear the recruit start to whine.  "What the hell man!  How the fuck did he do that?!  I couldn't even get her to look at me."

Coyote just laughs in response.  "This is why you should pay attention to what your superiors have to say.  If you listened earlier, you would have heard Hangman talk about his longtime partner that is now his soon to be wife.  You should probably also start checking for rings before you hit on a woman, because I helped Seresin pick out the rock that is weighing down her left hand."

I pull Beck into my side and turn to make introductions.  "Beck, dipshit one and two.  They're some of our students.  Dipshits, this is Beckham, also known as Halo, and my fiancé.  I'm not gonna take your money today, hopefully you'll remember this next time you don't pick up the hint."  I smile, admittedly condescending, at the little turd who just nods rapidly.  "Now, go tell Penny the next round is on you, or we'll have her ring the bell."

"Yes sir!" He darts off to do as I say.

"That was a fun little lesson, can I be involved again next time?" Beckham asks, her chin against my chest as she smiles up at me. 

"Couldn't ask for a better she to my nanigans, angel."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 1.5K 33
"Aw baby, do I need to explain the difference between harder and faster?" -Beckham "Do I need to remind you of the difference between hold on and hol...
64.9K 1K 16
Top Gun Stories and Imagines: Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw, Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. Requests currently open for Top Gun and TGM.
97.5K 1.9K 34
Lieutenant (y/n) 'Wolf' Mitchell. That was you. The only child of the legendary Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell and Charlotte 'Charlie' Blackwood. ...
54.9K 706 12
Top Gun and (mainly) Rooster One Shots and Mini Series! Explicit content so please be of a mature age! Smut is marked with a (*). Like and comment...