IshRa Ff: Too Late For Tears...

By salley145

Some battles have to be fought alone, some paths bave to be crossed alone, so don't get emotionally attached... More

1~Pregnancy
2~Forbidden To Meet
3~Discharged
4~The Letters
4b~Flashbacks
5~Baby Boy
5b~Anonymous Face Off
6~Hallucinations
7~Fate Plays Its Card
8~Union
9~Ruhi's Emotions In A Song
10~Siblings
10b~Sports Day
11~Family Dinner
12~Finally They Meet
13~Changed Decision
14~Second Chance
15~Family Moments
16~The Much Needed Conversation
17~Married Once Again
18~Happy Ending (last Chp)

7b~Fifty Fifty Chance

328 21 17
By salley145

"It's okay, it's completely okay, don't cry, it's just a phone, I have another phone in my car," Raman said pacifying him. Ishita was flabbergasted not knowing what to do, she stood frozen seeing the father son duo. Ishan held Raman’s face with his tiny hands and apologized repeatedly and kissed him. Raman's heart fluttered at his antics. He kissed Ishan on his forehead. Ishan sensed Ishita's presence. He looked at Ishita while still in Raman's arms. "Amma I am so sorry, you can punish me for my mistake, I don't want a party as well," he said with a quiver in his voice still crying.

Raman's heart broke hearing his words. "What party?" he asked. Before he could answer, Ishita came forward and took Ishan from his arms. Just then, Sister Mary came out of the ice cream shop. "What party is he talking about?" Raman asked again. Ishan had his head on Ishita's shoulder while being in her arms being extremely sad. Mary looked at Raman. "Sir, it's his birthday today," she said innocently, Ishita widened her eyes in a daze and glanced at Mary. Right then and there, Raman got the shock of his life.

(the one wearing burqa+shades is Ishita)

Just then Pihu returned from ice cream shop. "What happen?" she asked as she saw Ishan crying. Ishita quickly turned and walked back to the car. Mary followed them. The trio sat in the car. Ishita placed Ishan on the seat beside her. "Its okay Ishan, it's okay, I can never be angry on you," she said in a hurry. Raman grabbed Pihu's hand and rushed to the car in a hope to talk with Ishan's mother who was none other than Ishita. He saw that she had already started the car and was reversing the car ready to leave. Raman noted the car's number and Ishita's car left from there.

************************************

On the other side, it was also ths day for Raman’s birthday but it was not like how Ishan's birthday was, because there was absolutely no one to celebrate his birthday. Ruhi came to him. "Happy birthday papa," she said, he nodded. "Thanks," he said. "What happen?" she asked. "Nothing," he replied. "Papa I called everyone for dinner as its your birthday," she said. "Does it really matter that it's my birthday? Ruhi how can I celebrate this inauspicious birthday when I am supposed to be regretting my earlier actions?" he asked.

"Means?" she asked and gasped. He shook his head. "Nothing, just cancel everything," he said. "Okay, I am going for a rehearsal, will return soon, dinner is ready," she said and went while he just sat holding his head which was spinning after the scene outside the ice cream shop which was too much to process. He stood up and walked to his room. He began searching the files and just wanted to find the letter Ishita sent some seven years ago. It was the same letter where she mentioned about her pregnancy and the due date of birth.

His heart pounded hard as he looked through the files, it even kept skipping beats, for some moments he even thought he can have a heart attack. "I will have to find out that is Ishan my son? Is he the kid whose mother is Ishita and I am the father? I will have to find it out anyhow even if I have to be awake the whole night, doesn't matter," he muttered under his breath. Finally it was the last file to look in and he opened the file with trembling hands and a heart beating so loud. He read the last lines which said:

Mr. Raman, only my child, to my utter regret, my baby is due on your birthday, 23rd of November, what an irony. I pray that this never happens. Rest is in the hands of God. 

"Oh my God, it means that there is 50 50 chance that Ishan may or may not be my child," he said. He picked his phone calling his private investigator and gave him all the information about the scenario that happened outside the ice cream parlor. He also gave the number of car number plate of Ishita's car. He instructed him to drop off whatever he's doing and trace the whereabouts of that car. He disconnected the call and placed it at a side.

Later that night, Raman could hardly sleep. Meanwhile, Ishita put up a brave face for the sake of Ishan and celebrated his birthday but she was extremely disturbed. Mother Superior noticed it. The mother and son fed the cake to each other with immense happiness and love and smiled at each other heartily. Ishan went to Sister Mary and fed her the cake as well who wished him in return and he thanked her.

(Ishan celebrating his birthday)

Everyone enjoyed at the little angel's birthday party and after lots and lots of celebration, the party was over. Mother Superior came to Ishita. "I know something is bothering you, will you come to my office after putting Ishan to sleep?" she asked, Ishita nodded and took Ishan from there. Ishan was all ready to sleep and he slept as soon as his head touched the pillow. Ishita went to Mother Superior's office as promised and sat in front of her. "Ishita, I would direct come to the point. Where you call me a mother and even think of me as a mother and even Ishan calls me grandma, I do have the right to enquire from you about whatever is disturbing you, right?" she asked, Ishita nodded.

"What is disturbing you?" she asked and Ishita related to the fiasco that took place outside the ice cream parlor. Raman was no stranger to Mother Superior. He had many many donations to the charitable institutions. The convent was one of them. Long before Mother Superior met Ishita, she had met Raman many times. "I have a very bad feeling Mother Superior, that a storm is coming my way, especially that today Mary blurted out in front of Raman that it was Ishan's birthday today," she said.

Mother Superior held her hand. "Child, if even after you covered your tracks well and this meeting with Ishan happens so many times is written in the fate, it would happen no matter how much you try to stop it, no one controls destiny, only God does. I understand whatever happened between you and Raman, I also understand you don't want him to meet Ishan, but can you control your and Ishan's fate? No, right? Child, all I want to say is, go with the flow, also tell Sister Mary not to tell anything to Raman no matter what. You adopted her and love her like you love Raman’s children, she also sees a mother in you and she would understand, and see, you can't control your fate, but a single prayer has the ability to stop that storm from coming your way," she said, Ishita wiped the tiny droplets of tears at the side of her eyes and nodded. "Thanks Mother Superior, a prayer surely can stop the storm," Ishita said. "Ishita, one more thing, don't listen to the devil's whispers," she said, Ishita stood confused. "Means?" Ishita asked. "Whenever your mind says that you can't withstand the storm, just smile and go in front of the mirror and meet your eyes with your reflection, and say that 'I am the storm'," Mother Superior said bringing a wide smile on her face. "Thanks a lot," she said and left from there.

She went to the Convent room and looked at the tiny idol of God. She walked towards it and joined her hands in front of it. "Please Bhagwan jee, stop the storm from coming my way, I covered my tracks well till seven years, all this can't be ruined because of one mistake," she said.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to find Sister Mary. "Amma, what mistake?" she asked. "Mary, you know who Raman is, right?" Ishita asked. "Amma I...," she was cut in between. "You do, don't you?" Ishita asked and she nodded. "So then how could you tell him that it was Ishan's birthday today? I had told him that the due date of my pregnancy is the same as his birthday, now he would definitely doubt that Ishan is his child. This mistake can change everything Mary," Ishita told her worriedly. Mary folded her hands before her. "Amma I forgot, I am so sorry, I just didn't realize, sorry amma," she said apologetically.

"Its okay," Ishita said and held her hands. Mary looked on. "Just be careful, no matter how serious the matter is, you're not to divulge any information about me or Ishan, remember," she said, Mary nodded and they shared a hug, a lone tear escaped Mary's eye. They broke the hug. She wiped her tear. "What happen?" Ishita asked. "After such a long time, someone scolded me that too with so much love, the tear is of happiness," Mary said, Ishita caressed her hair.

************************************

Fortunately for Raman and unfortunately for Ishita, the private investigator traced the whereabouts of the car and gave the information to Raman. Ishita was at work, Sister Mary and Ishan were in school. Raman requested Mother Superior's secretary for an appointment to meet her. Mother Superior asked Raman to come at 10. Meanwhile MS already expected this visit to happen. At 10, Raman came to her office, he had bought gifts for Ishan knowing how brilliant he was. He had bought educational gifts, not toys because he hated to waste money on useless toys like Shagun did.

Handing her the gifts, he came directly to the point. "Mother Superior, I am looking for my wife and my child," he said and he told the whole story meanwhile MS already knew everything. However she listened patiently and how he took all the blame on him, he was even likely to be blamed because all the mess in his life was because of that only, that he rarely accepted his mistakes but now as he was a changed person, he accepted he did wrong and had much wrong he did even before that. Saying everything he wanted to before her, MS's heart bled for him wishing she could help him but she was bound to Ishita's promise.

"Have trust in God, He would definitely show a way," she said trying to console him. He gave one million cheque to her. "Help the needy in my child's name," he said and she nodded. "Accompany me to the chapel," she said, the both of them went to the chapel. Raman took off his shoes and went inside. They both sat before Jesus and prayed together. MS touched his head and blessed him with Holy Water and made cross sign on his forehead. She left from there.

"As you(Jesus) as my witness, Pihu is my and Ishita's surrogate child, he is guilty of many other things but not of cheating Ishita. I never cheated Ishita, I did foolish things and unwittingly made some wrong decisions, but I couldn't think of cheating Ishita, not even in my wildest dreams. For the past seven years I have been trying to find Ishita by my Private Investigators help but to no luck. I will never stop looking for Ishita and my child till the day I die," he cried bitterly before Jesus's idol.

Tujhko Bana Doon Main Apna Khuda
(I will make you my God)
Aur Sajde Tere Kar Sakun
(so that I can worship you)

Mangu Dua Sath Hone Ki Tere
Kandhe Pe Sar Rakh Sakun
(I pray to be with you,
So that I can rest my head on your shoulder)

"I want to ask forgiveness from her and see my miracle child, then only I would be able to die peacefully, in her arms. I feel so drawn towards Ishan, don't know why, we both were born the same day and if I had to have one more son, he would have been just like him. Ishita, my beloved wife, she was an epitome of womanhood, the greatest mother in the whole universe, I feel blessed to have such a wife. If only I would have known her worth before. Jesus. She's my soul mate, my heart," he said crying like never before.

(translating lyrics especially for the one who requested this story knaiker)

Dhaga Ek Bandhun Tujhko Mannat Bana Loon
(I’d tie a divine thread, wishing for you.)
Kaagaz Pe Dil Ke Teri Surat Bana Loon
(In my heart I would paint a portrait of you)
Chhoote Kabhi Na Woh Aadat Bana Loon
(I’d make you a habit that would last a lifetime.)
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe
(I’d make you my most ardent desire.)

Kismat Bana Loon Meri Chaahat Bana Loon
Dil Se Main Mangu Ibaadat Bana Loon
Chhoote Kabhi Na Woh Aadat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe
(I’d make you my fate and the love of my life.
I would ask for you and pray for you from the bottom of my heart.
I’d develop a habit for you that would last a lifetime.
I’d make you my deepest desire.)

"My heart only beats for her even today, after all these lonely years. I lost so much, my wife, myself, my children, my miracle child, every person close to me, my parents died, I drifted apart from everyone just because of my one mistake, and it costed me my love. I see a son in Ishan," he said to Jesus. He continued to sit there long after MS had left seeking solace asking for forgiveness of his sins. "O merciful Lord, I admit to all the mistakes and sins I committed wittingly and unwittingly," he said.

Kismat Bana Loon Meri Chaahat Bana Loon
Dil Se Main Mangu Ibaadat Bana Loon
Chhoote Kabhi Na Woh Aadat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe

Kismat Bana Loon Meri Chaahat Bana Loon
Dil Se Main Mangu Ibaadat Bana Loon
Chhoote Kabhi Na Woh Aadat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe

"O the most merciful of all, I sincerely beseech to absolve me from all my sins, and lead into the path of righteousness. I have been walking in the wilderness searching for my soul, my most beautiful and pure hearted wife and the miracle child that You bestowed upon me. My gorgeous wife was declared infertile by the world."

Kyun Yeh Hadein Hain
Yeh Kyun Sarhadein Hain
Itne Hai Kyun Faaslein
(Why are the limits and boundaries?
Why are there distances between us?)

Manzil Teri Meri Jab Ek Hai Toh
Kyun Hai Alag Raaste
(Why are our paths so different if our fates are the same?)

"She cried in silence at her plight more because she couldn't give me a child, Lord she loved me so much that she cried in silence putting up a brave face in front of me and the world which led me to make a monumental error," he said burying his face in his hands crying even more.

Ishq Ki Aisi Kahawat Bana Loon
Paani Pe Likh Doon Likhawat Bana Loon
Goonje Sada Woh Aahat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe
(I’d write you a memorable phrase about our love.
On the water, I’d write about it.
I’d make you such a trampling, the one who would always echo.
Let’s make you my most ardent desire.)

"I will always regret it, I opted for surrogacy through the worst woman ever, that Shagun, my ex wife, I got deceived into believing that her intentions were good and she wanted to help me and my angelic wife, and by doing so I thought she's trying to rectify her mistakes and her sins. Such a misguided and absolute fool I was. I believed that witch, how dumb I was Lord to not realize that a leopard never changes his spot," he said with utter regret.

Dil Ki Main Tujhko Sajawat Bana Loon
Kuchh Bhi Na Bolun Muskurahat Bana Loon
Barse Khuda Ki Woh Barkat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe
(I’d make you the centerpiece of my heart.
I’d make you smile without saying anything.
I would consider you God’s blessings.
I’d make you my deepest desire.)

Kismat Bana Loon Meri Chaahat Bana Loon
Dil Se Main Mangu Ibaadat Bana Loon
Chhoote Kabhi Na Woh Aadat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe

"Thus I sewed my seeds of destruction and brought unimaginable pain to my wife who was a living goddess. And, I paved the path to our separation. Today, I kneel before you O merciful Jesus, begging you for forgiveness, and begging you to return my wife and my child to me. I promise to be forever grateful and indebted to you o merciful Lord," he said and remained on his knees with his head bent praying for a miracle. MS watched him from a distance. All that captivated the moment was silence. But suddenly a sweet voice broke the silence.

"Grandma, I am back early today," Ishan said, yes it was Ishan. "Why?" MS asked. "Today there was no water at school, a pipe burst and water supply had to be shut off," he said excitedly as he got free early today. "How did you and Mary come home?" she asked. "Amma picked us up, principal had sent emails to all the parents," he told her. "Where is she?" she asked. "She has gone to change, I am also going. Guess what? She's going to cook my favorite palak paneer for supper and kheer for dessert," he told her jumping in joy.

"Oh wow that's awesome Ishan," she said. "See you at supper grandma, sorry I disturbed you," he said holding his ears. "No my angel you didn't disturb me, by the way I have some gifts for you," she said with a smile. "Oh wow, you went for shopping today?" he asked."No Ishan, go to the chapel, you will find the person who gave all this, go thank him,"she said meanwhile Raman had heard the whole conversation. Ishan went and sat beside Raman who had his eyes closed. He also fold his hand together and prayed with him.

Raman sensed his presence and opened his eyes and looked at him praying. A minute later, Ishan opened his eyes and looked at Raman. "Thank you sir for the gifts," he said and hugged him. Raman was amazed that such a young child was so polite and well-mannered. And at that moment he imagined that Ishita's mystery child whose gender was unknown to him would be just like him and Ishita's beautiful face came in his mind. He looked at the Lord's idol with tears in his eyes. Please bring her back to me. He pleaded in his heart.

Ishita came to MS office looking for Ishan. "Come with me Ishita," she said softly and took her to the chapel. Ishita was shocked to see Ishan in Raman’s arms, the duo were hugging each other. She burst into tears and ran from there as if hounds of hades were chasing her. MS followed her to her room, Ishita threw herself on the bed crying bitterly.

Yeh Khara Samundar Mera Gawaah Hai
Ishq Hai Mera Ya Mera Gunaah Hai
Tujhko Saza Aur Adalat Bana Loon
Aa Shiddat Bana Loon Tujhe
(This salty sea bears witness to my love.
It knows whether or not my falling in love was a crime.
I’d make you the punishment and the courthouse.
I would make you a strong desire of mine.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 1K 20
I don't know how to describe my story. but I can tell you it's not the same old one ;)
13K 591 15
" If he can't take a stand for you then he is not worth standing with you " Why do you have to struggle on things when it doesn't work for you?? A...
37.4K 1.7K 22
This is my first IshRa FF , I hope you like it. This is a story of two people trying to put the broken pieces back together.
42.4K 1.3K 22
It's a new dimension to the story of YHM from the point where Subbu reentered in Raman-Ishita's life.