17~Married Once Again

“You know when we met that day on our birthdays and Mary accidentally blurted out about Ishan’s birthday, I did get a hint of him being my son. I searched for the letter desperately, I longed to meet you a lot, we did meet a lot of times but anonymously, only you knew about me but I didn’t. Until one day we finally met,” he said. She cupped his cheek. ”Sorry for the slap,”she said. He shook his head. “I deserved it,” he said.

Ishan woke up, climbed down the bed and came to them sitting between them. “Amma, appa, why don’t you both marry once again? Pihu didi told me that you both married a lot of times. Please once more for me,” he said. Raman and Ishita smiled. “Okay,” they said in unison.

Very soon, the rituals started. Raman and Ishita got engaged. On haldi function, they applied haldi to each other romantically. Soon it was mehndi function. Ishita had mehndi on her hands. Ishan came to her. “Mumma, m hungry, “he said. “Even I am hungry,” she said. Ishan went to Raman.  “Appa, mumma and I, both are hungry,” he said. Pihu came there. “Papa, I would make Ishan eat, you make Ishi maa eat,“ she said and he agreed.

Pihu made Ishan eat and Raman fed Ishita. Then Raman was asked to find his hidden name in the mehndi, he found it on the ring finger and everyone clapped. The marriage day also came. Ishan tied their knots and they married. They romanced on the first night.