7~Fate Plays Its Card

At the same day, later at night, Ishan and Mary were sound asleep but Ishita didn't even get a wink of sleep. Her mind was just stuck on Mary's words.

Flashback: (From the previous chapter) "Amma, destiny may play its card again, what I think is you will meet him again, because, tomorrow is Ishan's birthday, the same day he was born when his father was born, right? Who knows the father and son m...

"Amma, destiny may play its card again, what I think is you will meet him again, because, tomorrow is Ishan's birthday, the same day he was born when his father was born, right? Who knows the father and son may meet again? You never know what tomorrow may bring," Mary said.

Fb end

Fb end.

Giving up the trial to sleep, she sat up and got her legs off the bed. She drank water to calm herself and stood up. She walked to the window and stood there folding her hands and looked outside at the calm road, the only scenario which could calm her at this hour. "Is Mary right? Is Raman and Ishan's meeting going to happen again? Till now, I covered my tracks well, but is there even a slight possibility that the duo would somehow meet again? What to do? I can't even stop them from coming close and I can't even keep the distance forever. Maybe or maybe not, Mary is right, the duo would or would not meet again," she said to herself.

Then she turned and a lone tear escaped her eye as her gaze went on sleeping Ishan

Then she turned and a lone tear escaped her eye as her gaze went on sleeping Ishan. She went and sat beside her caressing her hair. "Sorry Ishan, because of me you can't be with your mother and father both but only your mother, I promised that Raman wouldn't ever get to meet you but destiny always played its card but till when? Till when would I be able to stop you both from meeting each other? From the father and son to meet each other? Till when?" she said almost in a whisper and her tears never seemed to stop.