Fly Away - a fighter pilot st...

By Aleasca94

"Is it becoming your habit to run away from me?", he says as he has caught up to me and is now walking next t... More

Author's note
Prologue - Warriors
Chapter 1 - Here Comes The Sun
Chapter 2 - Hold Your Head Up High
Chapter 3 - We Should Be Friends
Chapter 4 - I Ain't Worried
Chapter 5 - Dangerous
Chapter 6 - Arlington
Chapter 7 - The Fear
Chapter 8 - You're Gonna Be Okay
Chapter 9 - Smile
Chapter 10 - Human
Chapter 11 - Get Me Going
Chapter 12 - You Don't Own Me
Chapter 13 - You've Got A Friend In Me
Chapter 14 - The Comeback
Chapter 16 - I'll Be There For You
Chapter 17 - Don't Stop Believin'
Chapter 18 - The Wolf
Chapter 19 - Stronger
Chapter 20 - I Got A Feeling
Chapter 21 - Heroes
Chapter 22 - Cloudy Day
Chapter 23 - Check It Out
Chapter 24 - Real Good Feeling
Chapter 25 - Fire on Up
Chapter 26 - Girls Just Wan To Have Fun
Chapter 27 - Levitating
Chapter 28 - Survivor
Chapter 29 - Keeping Your Head Up
Chapter 30 - This Is It
Chapter 31 - Going for Greatness
Epilogue - Fly Away

Chapter 15 - Wicked Game

61 4 0
By Aleasca94

"These are the last ones", Dave tells me as he puts about five plates onto the kitchen counter, and I sigh. It's astonishing how much tableware we used tonight.

"Thanks again for helping me with all the cleaning up. Without you I wouldn't be finished by tomorrow morning.", he says as I put the first plate into his dishwasher.

"Don't worry about it, I think this is becoming a thing for us now. I'm sure you would do the same for me and you let me sleep in you guest bedroom, so I am not going to complain about that."

"You had couple of beers. My mum would have a field day with me if she thought I was going to let you drive in this condition."

"So, I am only allowed to sleep here because of your mum?", I ask him amused.

"Don't put words into my mouth."

"I have the feeling that Hyde made me drink them on purpose."

"Yeah. If you were to ask him, he would deny it though."

"Today, he made me believe that you were flying the past few days and that you were risking your life and the others. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to talk to you today. Because I though, you couldn't be that stupid."

"I told you I didn't. And this week was like a week off flying for my anyways." I look at him confused.
"As you have probably noticed preparing the briefings and debriefings as well as all the lectures we hold, takes time a lot of time. So, we split the work. While one of us is up there training them in the fighter the other one stays on the ground and goes through all the data."

"I guess you are partnered with Hyde."

"Thankfully no. He is one of my closest friends, but I couldn't be working with him all the time. Actually, Whiskey is my partner."

"She is pretty cool."

"I thought you would like her. She and Olivia are great friends of mine. Ashley went to the Academy with me as well. While I was able to get into pilot training right away, she had to wait a few months for the next class. I have always kept in touch with her, and I was glad, when I heard that she is teaching here. I think it is her last SFTI program as instructor though."

"I might ask her about it. Daph, Olivia, she and I exchanged numbers and we will go out some time."

"Wow, I am glad to hear that you are making new friends."

"Yeah, me too. It feels like Fallon is the hotspot for strong women.", I tell him, and he laughs amused.

"I think so too. Anyways, are you okay with finishing up in here while I go outside and take care of the firepit?"

"Sure. It's not that much anymore.", I tell him and look around in his large kitchen.
"There are only a few plates left and some glasses. It probably wouldn't take long."

"Okay, I just don't want to make you feel like I am leaving all that to you to deal with."

"Go and take care of that fire.", I tell him and shoo him out of the kitchen.

"Yes, Ma'am.", he says before leaving and I start to laugh.

After I have finished up cleaning the kitchen, I take out two beers of his fridge and look where he is. From his living room I can see him sitting in front of the firepit with just his t-shirt on and starring into the fire. In the flickering light, I can make out that he is cold, as goose bumps adorn his arms. While I hold the two beers in one hand, I take the blanket from his couch with the other before joining him outside.

"What are you thinking so hard about?", I ask him as I sit down next to him.

"I want something like all of them have." I look at him questioningly and hand him his beer. He takes a sip before continuing, "Someone to spend my life with. One or even more children. A house filled with joy and laughter. Maybe even a dog who likes to lick everyone just to make the perfect mess complete."

"Oh...", I say and take a sip from my own beer. As I shudder a bit, he takes the blanket and wraps it around my shoulders.
"What about you? I took it outside because you looked like you are cold."

"Don't worry about me.", he says and shrugs his shoulders. Shaking my head, I scoot to him and move the blanket so both of us are covered by it. He tries to protest, but I interrupt him.

"It's big enough for both of us. And it's not like we haven't been sitting like this before."

"True.", he says, and we stay silent for a while.

"Do you want a family at some point in your life? A spouse? Children? Especially after what happened?", he asks me and immediately after these words left his mouth he closes his eyes and I can see, that he is probably reprimanding himself.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.", Dave quickly adds.

"Dave, it's fine. I believe I am at a point where I can think about my future again. Liam will always have a place in my heart, and I will never forget him, but I can't live in the past anymore. I think when I find the right guy and when I have the feeling, that I am fully ready for taking on the responsibility to raise children, I will do it."

"I see." I feel his arm tensing up and I am not sure what goes on in his mind.

"Three children, because I don't have siblings. I don't give a fuck if boys or girls. The main thing is that they are healthy. Maybe a house like yours that is big enough for everyone to have their own bedroom and maybe even a guestroom. Somewhere in a good public school district with lots of playgrounds and things to do outdoors. Maybe a dog who plays with the kids in the garden. A large kitchen, where most of the hustle and bustle takes place. Yeah, I think I could imagine myself in a life like that.", I tell him and lean my head against his shoulder.

"You know, since the night I met you in the bar, I wanted to get to know you." I turn my head to look at him. Our faces are only a few inches apart.

"Fuck it", I can hear him say and before I can fully register what is happening, I feel his lips on mine. I am too overwhelmed to kiss him back. Do I want this? Am I really ready for this? He is quite attractive inside and out.

The last few months I have been so focused on getting fit and healthy again as well as trying to work through all the guilt from the incident, that I have never thought about giving someone else a chance to love me. I haven't felt sexy or desired in a good way in such a long time. I always felt like they tried to undress me with their looks and that disturbed me. I felt disgusted by it rather than flattered. But with Dave, I feel safe, sexy and desired. Feelings that I have missed very much.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have.", he says and wants to get up, but I grab him at his arm.

"Don't." I pull him back down and he sits down next to me again.

"I want to get to know you too."

The light of the fire flickers on his face and it makes his eyes shine. Slowly I place my right hand on his cheek and move my head towards his. Cautiously I put my lips on his and I can feel him putting his hand in the nape of my neck. Dave pulls me closer to him and I sigh in relief when he starts to kiss me back. My stomach starts to tingle, and I can feel goosebumps all over my body. My chest is pressed against his and I can feel his other hand wandering down my back until it stops underneath my butt. With one hand he pushes me onto his lap, and I spread my legs so I can sit on him more comfortably.

A moan escapes me when he presses his pelvis against mine and I can feel the desire for sex building within me for the first time in a long time. I curl my fingers into his short hair and deepen the kiss as I open my mouth slightly. The taste of the beer is lingering on his lips, and I can feel him moving his tongue over my lower lip. It makes me shiver.

His cold fingers move underneath my shirt and up to the wire of my bra. I can feel his thumb stroking over the fabric of it. Gasping I break away from him and take a deep breath. A hesitant smiles forms on his face and I put my thumb over his lips to trace them.

"What?", I ask him and move my head sideways.

"Nothing. I didn't think we would end up like this." He puts one of his hands on the back of his head and strokes it.

"Did you think, I would slap you?"

"No, you would have told me not to kiss you. I didn't think that we would be so... passionate."

"All I can say is that we are two adults that have needs." His face darkens a bit, but he quickly puts on a smile.

"I think we should go and sleep. After all I need to get up early." Raising an eyebrow, I look at him.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"I'm very... flattered but I am not the type for one-night-stands, Taylor", he says with a serious voice and looks me straight into the eyes.

"So, you don't want to fuck with me.", I snap and try to get off him, but he holds me in place.

"I didn't say that. But I feel mature enough to choose the kind of sex where emotion and love are more important instead of mindless fucking around like I did back in college. Those days are long gone. And when I have sex with you, I don't want you to be nearly drunk and barely remember anything the next morning. I want you to feel the kisses I'm going to spread on your skin and the incredible orgasms I'm going to give you on your body for the next day and beyond." After he says this, he puts kisses on my face and down my throat, then he pulls away and looks into my eyes again.

"Do you understand?", he asks me, and I nod.
"Good. But we should go to bed now. Well separated beds. Or I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you." That's when I realize that I feel his erection between my legs, and I lick my lips, but I stand up and he follows suit.

"Let me take care of the fire really quick and then I will show you the guestroom.", he says and then moves to put the fire out.

"What's up with all you guys here and fire. You have a fireplace and Wifi has one as well. I wouldn't be surprised if I find one at Hyde's house", I ask him as he gets the blanket. I already have the two beer bottles in my hand.

"It gets cold outside during the night, and you need something to warm your hands. And it is cozy and can be quite romantic.", he says and takes my free hand with his. We walk into his house next to each other, but we need to release our hands when we step inside. Quickly I go into his kitchen and empty the rest of the beer in the sink before returning to the living room.

"You really renovated this house on your own?", I ask him as he stretches his hand out towards me. Smiling I take it and we start to walk to the opposite side of the house.

"Part of it yes. There are still a few things to do, but they are not too important. It actually belonged to my grandparents, and they passed away a few years ago. So, when I received my orders around four months ago that I my new assignment is here, my mum told me to take the house and do whatever I want with it. I had a month to relocate from Oceana to here. And I used most of the time to find contractors to bring my vision of this house to life. My mother did all the furniture, because I am really bad with that.", he tells me, and we stop in front of a room. He opens the door and I peak inside.

"So, this will be your room mine is just down the hall. You have a full bathroom, but I haven't put any shampoo or shower gels in there yet. The bed is freshly changed, and nobody has slept in it until now.", he says a little bit nervous.

"Stop rambling, I will be fine.", I tell him and walk into the room.

"Okay, I guess this means, see you tomorrow morning.", he says and then starts walking to his room. I think he feels almost as uncomfortable as I do. After all this is a very awkward situation.

I close the door and sit down on the bed. With my fingertips I touch my lips. Holy shit. That really happened. We really kissed. I let myself fall backwards onto the mattress. I really like that kiss. I like him. A lot.

While I look at the ceiling of the room thousands of questions run through my head in high speed.

Am I really ready for this?
Am I sure I want this?
Could I handle it, if something would happen?
How would this work out? I live in Virginia, he is here in Nevada.

Maybe I should try to sleep and figure everything out tomorrow. Maybe it would be clearer to me then.

I get up from the bed and realize that I don't have anything with me. No new underwear. No pajama. No toothbrush. Nothing. Fuck... I am not going to sleep naked. Nope. I guess this means I will have to ask him for a t-shirt to sleep in. I walk to his door and knock on it.

"Dave, I am sor-", I start as he opens the door, but I get stuck mid-word when I see him standing there without a shirt and only with his boxer briefs on.

"You might want to close your mouth, or flies will get in", he says clearly amused. I tilt my head and look at his really well-trained torso. I knew there would be a six-pack situation going on as I saw him in the gym. But to actually see it in the flesh is a whole other thing. I might be able to like break bricks on his abs without hurting him.

"Holy shit", I mutter and when I glance up, he looks really amused.

"What can I do for you, Taylor?", he chuckles and moves his stance to stand there slightly wide-legged. He crosses his arms in front of his upper body and it makes me stare at his naked chest again. Maybe it has been too long without sex...

"Taylor?", he asks me again and draws his eyebrows together.

"Well", I start and have to clear my throat, "I was wondering, if you could lend me something to sleep in?"

"Oh yeah sure. Just give me one second.", he says as if it is not a big deal and walks away. Curious as I am, I step into his bedroom and look around. Most of the space is occupied by his large canopy bed made from thick wood. The whole wall behind it, is brick painted in a light grey.

"Here you go.", Dave says, and it turn my head around to look at him.

"Do you have a toothbrush as well?", I ask him when he hands me the shirt.

"You know what, fuck it. There is a spare toothbrush in the right drawer next to the left sink. Get changed and just sleep in the bed with me, because I don't think that either of us could calm down enough to fall asleep in different beds."

Quickly I walk into his bathroom which is huge - like two people can fit in the shower and into the bathtub huge – and brush my teeth and change into his shirt, which is big on me as it reaches to the middle of my thighs and a pair of briefs, which are snug around my hips. Then I walk back into his bedroom. He already lays in bed with covers over his legs and I lean against the doorframe.

"My shirt looks good on you."

"It does, doesn't it and I will keep it on. For your sake and mine.", I tell him, and he chuckles.

"Come here.", he says and moves the covers of the other side of the bed away. Slowly I walk to him, and a loud yawn escapes my lips.

"You look exhausted. You really need some sleep.", he says as I get into the bed next to him, but I leave some space between us.

"I am pretty beaten up by all the flying." I grab the sheets and pull them up.

"You know, the whole point of you sleeping in my bed is, that I can hold you.", he says and stretches his arm out.
"Your head, right here.", he adds and points with his other arm to his chest.

"And I thought, you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off me.", I counter as I move closer to him and put my head onto the spot he touched. I can hear his heart racing in his chest. Just like mine. He wraps his arm around me, and I put my hand onto his abs. Yep, they are hard as fuck.

"I will try my best.", he laughs and presses a kiss onto my forehead.

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" I can feel him moving a little bit and then the light goes out.

"Sure, go ahead, ask me anything you want. I think we should talk about a lot of things in the next few days."

"When did your last relationship end?"

"Almost a year ago. We were at a point in our lives where we wanted different things. She was and still is a very career driven and ambitious woman. I can see her going a long way in politics."

"But you wanted a family", I conclude and close my eyes, because I am getting really tired.

"To some degree yes. At the end she rather spent time networking than with me. That's not a relationship I can see myself in.", he says, and I can feel him running his fingers through my hair before I fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 70.7K 49
COMPLETED BUT EDITING ~~~~🌸~~~~ "Look who joined us boys. If it isn't the GG herself." I rolled my eyes and taped my hands as one of the annoying j...
2.8K 260 30
Have you ever seen your life flash before your eyes? Seen all the good memories with you and your friends and loved ones just pass in a few split sec...
72.9K 3K 41
"Will you trust me again?" "Only time will tell." "Will you kiss me again?" "You don't have to ask twice," ...