a world without quirks (Izuoc...

By Crazymario

Deku and Uraraka get stuck in a new world without their quirks and have to live normal lives while finding a... More

Prologue (Deku side)
Prologue (Ochaco side)
Episode 1: Reunion
Episode 2: Living Together
Episode 3: Let's Make A Promise
Episode 4: The Misunderstanding
Side Story: Part 2 Uraraka's birthday
Episode 5: Confusing Feelings
Episode 6: Back to Square One Part 1
Episode 7:Back to Square One Part 2
Episode 8: MISSING
Episode 9: Out Cold
Episode 10: Out Cold Part 2

Side Story: Part 1 Christmas special

146 2 1
By Crazymario

This small chapter exists in the same world as this book but doesn't occur right after the last part. I wanted to include a Christmas chapter in my book, but since I'm running out of time, I thought about doing a side story instead.

 On December 15th, Deku is at the mall looking for a Christmas present for the white elephant party. That mina invited him and Uraraka as well.

"I wonder what a good gift would be," Deku says.

Deku wanders around the mall for a while. Eventually, he stops at a board game store, where he picks out a superhero card set.

"I Hope whoever gets this gift likes it."

Deku makes his way home to wrap his gift, hoping Uraraka is still out looking for her gift. He walks into his place with the lights still off.

"Good, I'm alone," Deku says while taking out his gift and grabbing a gift bag and tissue paper, and starts to wrap his present.  

A few hours pass, and Uraraka comes with a wrapped gift bag. 

"Hey Deku, sorry for the wait. I ran into mina on the way home to wrap this, and we went out for a bit." Uraraka says with a tired expression.

"Uraraka, you don't look so good. Is there something wrong?" Deku asks.

"Oh, I'm just a little tired after being out all day; I promise I'm fine," she says with a fake smile.

 "I feel like recently Uraraka has been hiding something from me, but anytime I ask, she gives me that same fake smile. Maybe I should ask Ashido about it at the party."

December 24th

"Hey, Midoriya Uraraka, you made it!" mina says, welcoming them inside.

They walk inside and place their gifts by the tree; the smell of food wafts in the air Deku and Uraraka sit down at the table and begin to enjoy the food.

"Thank you, Kaminari, for the cooking!" Mina says.

"No problem, I was happy to help," he says with a smile.

"Who's ready to play white elephant!" Mina yells out.

"Can you explain the rules again? I've never done this at my house," Jiro asks.

"Yeah, same here. I don't think I've even heard of this until now," Uraraka interjects. 

"Well, we all have a number. Whoever's number gets picked to choose first, and everyone after that can steal a gift or pick a new one." Mina explains.

"Does that mean whoever goes first doesn't get to steal?" Deku asks.

"No, that's what is best about going first. If you don't like it, you can swap your gifts with anyone at the end."

"Oh, I see," Deku says.

They all pick their numbers and put them on sticks. Mina ends up pulling the number 3 out of the tin.

"Whose number 3?" Mina yells out.

"Oh, that's me," Uraraka says.

Uraraka takes one of the bags and unwraps a mug.

"Oh, is this a heated mug?"

"Yeah, that was from me when you put coffee in it. It's a nice flower pattern. I was kind of hoping that would go to you. I know you drink a lot of coffee at work," Mina says.

"That's cool. Now I have a personal mug to bring to work," Uraraka says with a smile.

"Alright, next number is 2!" Mina calls out.

"That's me!" Deku says. He closes his eyes and reaches for one. Not noticing its Uraraka's gift, he starts to open it.

"It's mochi," Deku says as he turns over to Uraraka. 

"Y-Yep, that's mine," she says sheepishly. "Sorry, I was stressing over finding a gift everyone would like and just settled on mochi."

"N-No, I love it!" both teens were too flustered to see everyone smirking at them.

"Alright, enough of the show. Let's move on to the next number," Mina says.

Mina ends up going next and picks out Deku's superhero card set.

"Alright, so Midoriya, I'm guessing," Mina says in Montone's voice.

"S-Sorry, I know it's bad. I also had a hard time looking, and I just saw a card deck with heroes on it. I guess I picked out a lame one" Deku apologies. 

Uraraka shoots Mina a glare.

"Look, It's not a bad gift. I was teasing; I may not be into superheroes, but plenty of people would like this." Mina says, trying to take back her comment from earlier.

Uraraka moves closer to Deku, trying to comfort him.

"Moving on, number 4?" mina calls out.

"That's me," Jiro says.

Jiro gets up and heads towards the tree picking up the only gift left.

"I guess I pick this one. I know it's from Denki since the other one is mine."

She opens it and finds a mini version of trouble inside.

"Well, you know it was from me. I just thought this mini-board game looked cool," Kaminari says.

"I guess? I'm not much for board games, but it would look cool on a shelf; well, now you get to open mine," Jiro says.

"I know you don't like it. You're just trying to humor me!" Kaminari says with his head down.

"That's not completely true!" 

"Whatever" he goes to pick up the last gift, which ends up being LED lights. "Ah, these look sick. I can't wait to hang these up. Thanks, Kyoka," he says with a smile.

"Yeah, whatever" Jiro hides a blush.

"Well, now Uraraka, I'm assuming your fine with your heat mug unless you really want a mini-board game or lights." mina says

Something is still ticking Uraraka off about mina's attitude towards Deku's gift, so without thinking, she grabs the superhero cards and swaps them with her heat mug.

Mina's eyes light up. "Oh, I see," mina starts to whisper in her ear, "you're jealous that Jiro and Kaminari got each other's gifts, aren't you." 

This causes Uraraka to back up red in the face. "N-No, I really liked Deku's gift, and you clearly didn't want it."

"Uh-huh, sure."

Uraraka sits back down, still very close to Deku.

"You really didn't have to do that; I know you're just trying to make me feel better. Didn't you want your won mug for work?" Deku says in response to what just happened.

Uraraka ended up getting the conversation she just had stuck in her head and says, "well, you got my gift; I wanted yours" "wait, why did I say that? Is that why I swapped them? I just did what felt right?"

Deku didn't know how to respond to that and just stayed silent. Mina calls it a night after a few more hours, but before Deku and Uraraka leave, Deku goes over to Mina.

"Hey Ashido, has there been anything wrong with Uraraka at work? she seems really stressed out when she comes home, and the other day, when she came home with her gift, she seemed really out of it," Deku asks.

"I don't know. I thought you might know the answer to that. We haven't talked in a while before today," she responds.

"Well, what about the day she went out looking for her gift? On the 15th, she said she ran into you, and that's why she was out so late." 

"Um, Midoriya, we never hung out on the 15th; I never even saw her that day," Mina responds.

To be continued in Part 2: Uraraka's birthday!

Hello, every short note. This was supposed to come out a lot sooner, but I caught covid last week! How fun I'm recovering now and was able to finish this just in time not sure if I can get the second part of this out before the new year, but I will try my best anyway; I hope you enjoyed this little side story for the holidays!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374 20 11
❝ π™„π™ˆ π˜½π™€π™π™π™€π™, π˜Όπ˜Ώπ™ˆπ™„π™ 𝙄𝙏. ❞ Bakugo x fem! Reader Warning! This book contains violence, mentioning death, weapons, kidnapping, and gore pl...
1.4K 0 14
SORRY NO HOMO SHIPS ! SMUT included (skippable) yall dont make fun of me it caught my eye n been req from ppl ikπŸ«ΆπŸ’• KiriMina MHA/BHA fanfic/ship sto...
3.1K 86 9
Deku has formed many relationships throughout his years. But the ones that mean the most to him are with Uraraka, All Might and his mum, Inko. For al...
83.4K 513 20
I have been reading a lot of one-shot books lately and I wanted to write one! If there are warnings I'll write them in the one-shot before the actual...