Side Story: Part 2 Uraraka's birthday

"Sounds like Uraraka lied about where she was," Mina concluded. 

"I don't know why she would. I noticed she was hiding something, but now I don't know what to think." 

"Maybe she doesn't want you to worry about her being stressed. I can't imagine ochaco doing anything shady." 

"Actually, I think I know what's up," Deku says.

"y-you do?" Mina questions.

"Yeah, her birthday is coming up, and it's... complicated. She should explain it," Deku cuts himself off from saying anything about their world.

"Can't really explain that it's her first birthday since coming into this world; she probably is homesick. I know I miss my mom, and it's probably really hitting her hard, and she doesn't want me to worry." 

A day passes, and Deku is out shopping.

"Uraraka is probably going to be really down for her birthday only way I can make her feel better is by trying to make the most of it here!" Deku says. "Now, what would she like?"

A feint pink plush pops into Deku's vision.

"That's pretty cute. It reminds me of Uraraka, and I wonder if she would like it." 

Deku proceeds to buy the plush as well as some mochi for Uraraka.

"I hope she likes it; now I just need to pay for it to be wrapped, Uraraka will most likely be home all day today, and I want this to be a surprise."

On December 27th, Uraraka wakes up with Deku still fast asleep; she gets up and makes coffee with the heated mug.

"I'm glad mina let me keep the heated mug after my scene at the party" Uraraka takes a deep breath. "I wonder if it's my birthday in my world, too. This dimension could have a whole different time zone," Uraraka wonders. "Hm?" Uraraka's head tilts and sees Deku get out of their room.

"Hey, Uraraka, are you feeling ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm ok," Uraraka responds. "I wonder if he knows what day it is?"

"don't freak out; just hand her the gift" Deku is hiding the gift bag behind his back.

"Deku? whatcha hiding?" Uraraka says with a smile.

"W-Well, since it's, you know," Deku has difficulty getting the words out and holds the gift out without speaking. "I-I'm sorry, and could I redo that?"

Uraraka starts to laugh "is that a birthday gift?"

"Y-Yeah, I noticed you seemed down lately. I thought this would help cheer you up," Deku says.

"You did?" A slight redness goes across her face " well, I-I t-thank you" Uraraka takes the gift and opens it on the couch. "Oh, mochi! and? what's this?" Uraraka asks.

"Oh, apparently, it's called Kirby. It looked cute, and I-I don't know, it reminded me of you. I thought you would like it, but if you don't, it's fine.

"No, I didn't say that! I love it, Thank you didn't have to do this for me" Uraraka looks down and starts to blush again.

"Well, I just wanted to cheer you up. Not saying I wouldn't do this normally; I was always going to get you something today!" Now Deku starts to turn red.

"Stop! It's fine. I already said I love this"

"Ok, well, do you want to go out? my treat?" Deku asks

Cut to tomato face.

"Is he asking me out? No, this is just a part of his birthday gift as friends." 

"Yeah, I'd like that," she responds. 

They go out for breakfast and make most of the day 

"Hey, Deku, there's a park nearby. Want to go sledding?" Uraraka asks.

"Sure, whatever you want," Deku replies.

"Race you to the top!" Uraraka yells.

Deku chases after her, but she beats him.

"If I had my quirk, I would have had you!" Deku yells out while taking deep breaths.

Uraraka and Deku start to burst out Laughing. Uraraka breaks out of it for a bit.

"Thank you for today, Deku. It means a lot to me

Deku starts to stare again.

"Ahh uh, I mean yeah, I had a lot of fun today," he says with a soft smile.

They go home, and Uraraka starts preparing for bed; a realization hits her as she is about to brush her teeth.

"Ahh! He was staring at me a lot today, and he called me cute earlier, didn't he!" The tomato face returns! 

 END!

Sorry, this was short. I wanted to add this to the Christmas party but ran out of time.  I hopefully should have episode 5 out before February!

I hope you enjoy what's to come!