Aaron

By HollyHanson5

At the age of 16, Thea Woods and her family were victims of a home invasion gone wrong. Her parents and siste... More

***
1- Thea
2- Crime scene
3- A special assignment
4- I'll track him down
5- Aaron
6- Poker
7- Confusing feelings
8- A lead
9- We need to talk
10- Working together
11- Tension
12- Daddy
13- Charity Golf and dinner
14- Settling an argument
15- Crossing a line
16- It's just the beginning
17- You aren't what I expected
18- The vault
19- His Guest
20- Thanksgiving
21- Getting to know each other better
22- More deaths
23- Christmas
24- A Picture
25- An unsettling message
26- I kinda like you
27- You don't have a choice
28- A guessing game
29- Life and Death
30- You owe me a new couch
31- I'm in charge tonight
32- The Ball
33- I can't lose you too
34- Forever
35- Wedding planning
37- Change of plans
38- Ending it all
39- The End
📚

36- Until death do us part

1.3K 71 36
By HollyHanson5

Thea's P.O.V.

Wedding day•

The girls were helping me get ready. Sofia was putting the final touches on my makeup and Annie was curling my hair.

In a few more hours I was going to be Mrs. Aaron Hale and I couldn't be more excited about it.

There was a knock on the door. "Thea it's me."

"One second Beck." Sofia yelled as she zipped the back of my dress.

"Ready?"

I smiled and nodded. The girls headed downstairs while Beck, Zac and Nico walked in.

"Wow!" Beck said as he admired my dress. He shook his head and closed his eyes, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to stare... You look absolutely beautiful though."

The other two smiled, nodding in agreement.

"Thank you."

"Here."

Most of my stuff was still in my apartment but I had Beck go there this morning and grab the picture I had of my parents and sister so I had them there with me today.

"Thank you for doing this for me."

"It was no problem. You ready? Aaron called six times since I left to make sure everything was okay over here."

I started laughing. "I'm ready but... can I have just two minutes by myself before we go, please."

They nodded, picked up my overnight bag and left the room. I let out a breath before looking down at the picture of my family. "Hi. Today's the big day." I paused for a moment. "I think you guys would have liked him. I know I sure do." I paused again.

I tried looking up at the stars last night so I could talk with them before I went to bed but it was cloudy and this just wasn't the same. "Please help watch over him for me and keep him safe."

I wiped the tear carefully away and headed out.

Pulling up to the cabin, I smiled to see it beautifully decorated. Sofia had the idea of getting married at their family cabin and had no problem with it. It was beautiful and a place we went after we confessed our love for one another.

"Everyone is in their place. You ready, Thea?"

I gave Sofia a smile before nodding.

Justin helped me out of the car and we all went inside and lined up. Annie and Amy were about to go out back with the others when I stopped them and handed them the picture. "Can you guys put this out there somewhere close, please."

"Of course."

A few minutes later, the music started playing and the back door of the cabin opened and Sofia motioned for Noah to start down the aisle.

I couldn't see Aaron from where I was standing and I was getting anxious. Sofia was next, she walked out and the doors and they closed again. Both Kevin and Justin guided me up to the door I'd be walking out next.

"You look stunning." Kevin leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, Kev."

"You do. I'm very happy for you T. We both are." Justin leaned down and kissed my cheek too.

"I'm so glad you guys are here with me today."

"We'll always be here for you. You ready?" They both asked.

"Yes."

The doors opened and that's when I saw him.

Aaron was standing at the altar in his white tux with the biggest smile on his face as soon as the doors opened. Silas was standing behind him smiling too, patting Aaron's shoulder, whispering something.

Sofia stood up front with Noah as he waved, excitedly at me.

Derek, Nico, Beck and the other men close to Aaron sat in the white chairs that were set up.

My eyes never left Aaron's as Kevin and Justin started guiding me toward him. The closer I got, the bigger both our smiles got. Aaron walked forward, meeting us upfront, that's when I saw the tears in his eyes.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" The minister asked.

"We do." Kevin and Justin said together. They both kissed me before sitting down with Annie and Amy.

Aaron grabbed my hand and brought me up the rest of the way. "You were worth the wait. You're beautiful."

I reached up with my hand and wiped the tear from his cheek. "Thank you, handsome."

"Fuck it! I've broken every other rule, I'm stealing a damn kiss." He leaned down and placed his lips on mine and I let him. I smiled against his kiss, hearing people laugh as we continued.

He pulled away slightly. "Better?" I asked.

"Much better."

"Shall we continue?" The minister asked.

"Yes."

The minister started the ceremony as Aaron and I stared at one another. He sent me a few winks, making me smile.

Soon, Noah was instructed to hand Aaron and I our rings.

"Aaron, I'll have you go first. Repeat after me. I, Aaron. Take you, Thea, to be my wife."

Aaron smirked. "I, Aaron. Take you, Thea, to be my wife."

The minister continued, "To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, I will love and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part."

"To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, I will love and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part." Aaron repeated, slipping the ring on my finger.

"Thea, repeat after me. I, Thea. Take you, Aaron, to be my husband."

"I, Thea. Take you, Aaron, to be my husband."

The minister continued again, "To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, I will love and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part."

"To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, I will love and honor you all the days of my life, until..."

I paused. I couldn't breathe. I knew I could lose him in a few days and I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around that.

"Thea?" The minister asked cautiously. "Can you continue or?"

"Yes." I stared at Aaron. I gave him a sad smile squeezing his hands a little tighter as I fought through my fear. "Until death do us part."

I saw him relax as I slipped the ring on his finger.

"In the name of the Holy Spirit, I now pronounce Aaron and Thea, husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Grabbing a hold of his tux, he wrapped his arms around me and we pulled each other in for our first kiss as husband and wife.

Aaron and I danced together, under the lights as everyone we loved sat and watched.

"Aaron, this is beautiful. I can't believe you got this all done in the amount of time we had."

"I was pretty demanding and I might have threatened a few people in the process."

I smacked his arm, playfully.

"I'm kidding." He pinched his fingers together, "a little bit."

"I don't want to know… but this day has been wonderful."

He nodded. "This day has been great but I really can't wait until I have you alone tonight."

"Hmmm." I started kissing him. "I can't wait for you, Mr. Hale." He groaned against my lips, making me laugh.

After Aaron and I shared our first dance, we all sat down and ate as the light music played in the background.

Throughout the night, we danced, laughed and enjoyed everyone's company. The stars and moon shined bright and it was then that I knew my parents and sister were there, sharing this day with us too.

As the night wound down, we said goodbye to our guests. Aaron picked me up, bridal style and headed into the cabin.

I was laughing as Aaron hurried over to the couch. He had it pulled out into the bed and  made up already.

"This okay?"

"Perfect." I started kissing his neck as I unbuttoned his tux. I removed his tie and tossed it aside.

"Do you want some champagne first?"

Backing away, I bit my bottom lip with a smile and shook my head. I moved my hair over my shoulder so he could unzip the back of my dress. His hand rested on my lower back for a few seconds before he slowly started unzipping.

Turning back towards him, he removed one strap at a time before it fell around my feet, leaving me standing there in my white laced underwear I bought special for him.

"Fucking beautiful." He picked me up, laying me down and we spent the rest of the night making love.

The last few days have been absolutely perfect and I couldn't have pictured a better wedding for us. Aaron was amazing and went out of his way to make this day perfect for the both of us.

*****
The next morning, Aaron and I had breakfast and spent the whole morning enjoying our quiet time.

After the Rojas are taken care of in a few days, I'm taking some time off of work and Aaron and I are leaving on our honeymoon… then I don't know what. All I knew was I was excited for this new life with Aaron to begin.

We got back to Aaron's around 3pm. Kevin and Justin were staying a few more days which I figured was Aaron's idea because he knew I was going to be going crazy all day tomorrow, waiting for Aaron's return.

I was snuggling on the couch with Noah, in the living room talking with Kevin, Justin and the girls while Aaron made calls and went over the plan with the men again.

My phone started ringing. I reached for it to see it was Maggie calling. Confused, I let it go to voicemail but it started ringing again.

"Noah, sweetie. I'll be right back. I have to take this."

I uncovered us and went into the other room.

"Hi Maggie."

Maggie was out of breath and sounded like she had been crying. "Oh thank God you answered. Thea, I'm in trouble."

"Maggie, what's wrong?"

"I was working and shit just didn't make sense with the Miguel case. The further I dug the more I found. Thea, I know who's been helping Miguel."

I got chills.

"Thea, I'm scared but I need to tell you before something happens to me."

"Maggie, you need to stay calm. Who is it?"

"Gray."

My heart sank. "Maggie, that doesn't make any sense."

"It is him. Trust me. Can you get here safely? I'll show you what I found."

"Where are you?"

"Home."

"Good, stay there. I'll figure something out."

"Thea. If something happens..." She paused. "Just be careful."

"Grab your gun and stay low. Don't answer your door for anybody. I'll be there soon."

I hung up and ran into the living room. "Beck, Zac…. I need to go to Maggie's, can you come with me?"

"No."

"Then I'll go by myself." I said, stubbornly.

I ran upstairs and grabbed my work gun and badge.

"Thea? What the hell is going on?" Justin asked, while the others came into the room.

I pointed at Kevin and Justin, "You two worked closely with Gray more than I have, do you trust him?"

"Yes."

"Is there any reason you think he could be corrupt?"

"No. He's probably one of the best guys I know."

I looked over at Kevin, "I agree with Justin, why?"

"Maggie told me she found evidence that he's the one that's been helping Miguel. I don't believe it either but she's scared."

"Where is she?"

"At her house. I promise you Beck… that is the only place I'll go. If she's in danger we can bring her back here."

"I'll come too." Justin said.

"Me too." Amy offered.

"Me too." Kevin said.

"No. Kevin. You're going to stay here with them." I pointed at Annie and Sofia. "People think you're dead and they cannot see you around New York. We will be fine."

I kissed his cheek and walked out the bedroom door.

"Seriously, married not even one day and you're just as bossy as Aaron." Kevin teased.

"I will go get Maggie, you stay here." Beck offered.

I glared at Kevin and shot Beck down, "I appreciate it but she's not going to trust you, Beck. Let's go."

Hesitantly, they followed me out after grabbing guns of their own. We all piled into the large SUV and headed towards Maggie's.

I sent Aaron a text, letting him know what was going on. He responded back right away and was sending more men to her house.

On the way there, Zac told me they would be on the lookout for Gray. They made me put on a bulletproof vest and I wore an earpiece so they could hear me and I could hear them.

"Amy. Hold my ring until I get back out here."

"Thea?"

"Nobody knows yet. I don't want to chance anything."

"Alright." Amy grabbed my ring and put it on her finger.

Once we stopped, I got out and ran into the building until I reached her door, knocking repetitively. "Maggie it's me."

A few seconds later she opened the door. She wasn't armed which shocked me because that's not how I would have answered the door.

"Come in… hurry."

I looked around her empty apartment. "Thank you for coming alone."

I looked at her puzzled. She handed me a folder. "Evidence that it was Gray."

I put the gun in my back waistband and grabbed the folder in her hands and started to open the folder. "I still can't believe it would be him…. Maggie, this folder is fucking empty."

I looked up at her. She was crying harder and now shaking. "Thea, I am so sorry."

"What the hell did you do?"

"We meet again." That voice.

My head snapped to my left. There he was, leaning up against the door frame.

"Miguel?"

I went to reach for my gun but a fabric was put over my nose and mouth and something ripped the gun from my hands.

I kicked and struggled, pushing back as hard as I could and I heard things breaking as they fell to the ground.

I stopped struggling… my body couldn't do it anymore, even though I tried. Then... everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 67K 49
Fiction Awards Winner 2016 in General Fiction Category Book 1 of the New York Mafia Series: Summary: What happens when an innocent and kind hearted...
4.8K 227 25
"Rosie, I'm no fucken angel. People like me are the ones I'm trying to protect you from."-Mateo De Leon "What if I don't need protection? I'm old eno...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.5M 39.1K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
587K 12.8K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...