𝙍𝙪𝙣 𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙄𝙄...

By MK11_EGY

After the Battle of Earth, 28-year-old Aaron O'Connor had retired from the Avengers along with Bobbi Morse as... More

OC Bio
THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER
The "New" Captain America
Meeting The Flag Smashers
Another One
Reluctant Alliance
High & Low
Shipment
Memorial
Grief Counseling
Getting It Back
Fixer Upper
Comeback Kid
Invited To The Cookout
SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME
Exposed & Framed
What In The Multiverse Hell?
Catching Some Multiverse Men I
Catching Some Multiverse Men II
Catching Some Multiverse Men III
Catching Some Multiverse Men IV
No Good Deed...
...Goes Unpunished
Power & Responsiblilty
Setting Up Shop
Liberty Feud I
Liberty Feud II
Déjà Vu
DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS
Monster
Being Reasonable
Same, But Different
Illuminati Confirmed
Stopping A Witch
Going Back Home
WHAT IF...?
Guardians of the Multiverse I
Guardians of the Multiverse II
What happened in each episode of What If...?
HAWKEYE
Hectic Christmas
The Bros
Safe House
How NOT To Rescue Someone
Chaotic Pursuit
Meeting The Family
Saving The Holidays
Stakeout
Girls Night
Time To Go To Work
Rockefeller Rumble
Back In Time For Christmas
TRAILER
WEST COAST LEAGUE
Peculiar Sightings
Discovery
Rescue
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Battle of Los Angeles
BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER
Outside Help
Underwater Rescue
Surface Attack
The Black Panther Lives
Oceanic Offensive
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA
Subatomic Screw-Up
Who is the Conqueror?
Truth
Probability
Rebellion
SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE
Electrifying Mishaps

The World Is Watching

338 13 0
By MK11_EGY

Los Angeles, California

Bobbi was making dinner for herself when her phone rang. She saw an unknown number and reluctantly answered it.

Bobbi: Hello?

???: (on the phone) Barbara Morse?

Bobbi: Uh, I prefer to go by Bobbi, but yeah. Who is this?

Karli: (on the phone) My name is Karli Morgenthau.

Bobbi immediately recognized that name.

Bobbi: Hey, Karli. I've seen you on the news.

Karli: (on the phone) That's good to hear. I hope you love the work I'm doing.

Bobbi: (scoffs) "Love" isn't exactly the word I would use.

Karli: (on the phone) You've toppled regimes before. I thought you might like it.

Bobbi: Is that why you're calling me?

Karli: (on the phone) No. Actually, I'm thinking about what to do about your fiancé.

This caught Bobbi by surprise.

Bobbi: Really?

Karli: (on the phone) I thought I could trust him. I assumed we had some things in common, but it turns out he's working for the new Captain America.

Bobbi: Oh, Aaron hates that guy. We didn't choose him.

Karli: (on the phone) And who would you have chosen?

Bobbi: The man Steve Rogers actually chose as his successor, Sam Wilson.

Karli: (on the phone) Really? I suppose he would've been better...

Bobbi: Why are you calling me? Did you just want to discuss my opinion on this?

Karli: (on the phone) I want Aaron to stop. I want him to stand down, or else...

Bobbi: Or else what? You do realize who you're talking to, right?

Bobbi thought that Karli was going to give her the whole "I'll come for you and everyone you care about" talk which became all too predictable.

Karli: (on the phone) Oh, I know. Mockingbird. Spy. Avenger. Fiancée. I was going to say "or else I'll kill him."

Bobbi didn't respond as Karli kept speaking.

Karli: (on the phone) I don't want to hurt him. He's actually one of the reasons why I'm doing this. He inspired me to fight for those who can't. But I will do what I have to do. Sure, he gave me a bit of trouble the first time we fought, but he got lucky that time. He won't be so lucky again. He's just one person without his speed and there's plenty of Super Soldiers with me. He'll be unmatched and eventually, he'll get put in the dirt. Just like his friend, Pietro Maximoff. You'll live the rest of your life with a broken heart. I just thought you should know.

Bobbi began laughing.

Karli: (on the phone) What's so funny?

Bobbi: Oh, Karli. You really think this is the first time Aaron and I have been on the receiving end of a threat like that? When Aaron finds out you called me...and make no mistake, he will know whether I tell him or not...you'll live to regret it.

Karli: (on the phone) Oh, you're threatening me?

Bobbi: I'm promising you, there's a difference.

She hung up. Also, she's managed to trace the call.

She was about to call Aaron and tell him what just happened, but then she had an idea. Is it crazy? Yes. Is that gonna stop her? No.

She dialed a different number and waited as the phone rang.

???: (on the phone) Hello?

Bobbi: Hey, Mason. Look, I need a favor.

Short timeskip
Riga, Latvia

Aaron, Bucky, and Sam were on their way to the coordinates Bobbi sent them.

Turns out, Bobbi wasn't the only one Karli called.

Sam: (into his phone) She said what?...Right, hold on, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag, and take the boys.

Bucky: What happened?

Sam: (to Bucky) Karli called Sarah, she threatened my nephews.

Aaron was shocked to hear that.

Sam: (into his phone) Okay. Go somewhere safe, only pay cash, alright? Let me know when you get there...I know, I love you. I'll never anything happen to you or the boys, you know that...Okay, bye.

Sam hangs up the phone as the trio stop.

Sam: Karli wants to meet. She left a contact number.

Just then, Sam received a message from said number.

"The rooftop above North Plaza. Now. Just you and Aaron."

Aaron: Huh, that's the same coordinates that Bobbi sent me.

Sam: She said the two of us.

Bucky: I'm coming with you.

They didn't complain as they go somewhere and suit up before going to the plaza.

Short timeskip

The trio arrive at the Plaza.

Sam: KARLI!

They see Karli on a balcony on the upper floor.

The trio go upstairs and confront Karli.

Aaron: (to Karli) You call Sam's sister and my fiancée? Is that how you want to play this?

Karli: Aaron, I would never hurt either of them. I just wanted to understand you and Sam better. (looks at Bucky)  I see you've brought company.

Sam: You have to end this now.

Karli: I don't want to hurt you. You're just a tool in the regimes I'm looking to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless.

Sam and Aaron look at Bucky.

Karli: I was gonna ask you two to join me. Or do the world a favor and let me go.

Sharon: (on comms) Hey, Sam, Aaron. New Cap is moving. Looks like he's found them...or maybe they found him.

That's when Aaron and Sam knew what has happening.

Aaron: (to Bucky) It's Walker.

Bucky jumped over the railing, but Karli does the same and tackles Bucky midair.

Aaron takes out his batons as he and Sam jump down.

Sam does a roundhouse kick to send Karli into a wall.

Sam: (to Aaron and Bucky) I'll send you the location, go!

Bucky and Aaron run and Sam flies to John's location with Karli close behind.

Eventually, they arrive at John's location.

Sam and Aaron see a Flag Smasher get thrown down the stairs and into a wall, and John walking towards him.

The Flag Smasher swings a pipe at John, but he grabs it and bends it.

Flag Smasher: Oh, shit.

That's when Sam and Aaron knew that John somehow took the Super Soldier Serum.

John threw the Flag Smasher away as he ran off.

Sam: (to John) What'd you do?

John: They got Lemar.

Sam, Aaron, and John chase the Flag Smasher.

They reach a large room when three Flag Smashers jump in behind him.

Aaron took out his batons immediately and swung at one of the Flag Smashers as John and Sam fought the rest.

John threw the shield as it ricocheted off a wall into a Flag Smasher's back.

Sam clotheslined one with his wings.

John blocked a kick with the shield before the Flag Smasher pulled out a knife.

John: What's with all the knives?

Another Flag Smasher pulled out his knife and swung at Aaron, but he blocked it, disarmed the Flag Smasher before doing a spinning heel kick at the Flag Smasher's head, sending him to the ground.

A Flag Smasher that was on the floor tried to sweep Sam's legs, but he flew up and landed on a table.

Sam, Aaron, and John continued fighting the Flag Smashers when Bucky came in and caught a knife midair.

He saw another Flag Smasher with a knife of his own charge at him.

Bucky threw the Flag Smasher to the floor before throwing the knife next to his head.

Aaron was fighting a Flag Smasher before one of his batons was caught mid-swing. Aaron responded by throwing the Flag Smasher over his shoulder and onto the floor.

But Aaron didn't see a Flag Smasher charging at him, but Bucky punched him away.

Bucky: You're welcome.

John got grabbed by another Flag Smasher from behind as Karli charged at him with a knife, but Lemar came in and speared her away.

But Karli punched Lemar into a pillar and...

CRACK!!!

The fighting stopped as everyone saw that Lemar was not moving at all.

John ran towards Lemar and checked on him as the Flag Smasher began slowly backing away.

John: Hey, hey. Lemar, Lemar.

Everyone knew what just happened.

Lemar Hoskins was dead.

At this point, John only saw red as the Flag Smashers ran away, with Sam, Aaron, and Bucky going after them.

John ran through a window and landed on a car and saw an unmasked Flag Smasher running away.

John ran after him and threw the shield at his back, knocking him down at a square.

The Flag Smasher tried to get up, but John threw the shield at his chest to knock him back down as John stood over over him.

Flag Smasher: It wasn't me!

John raised his shield.

Flag Smasher: IT WASN'T ME!!!

John continuously pummeled the Flag Smasher with shield until he was dead as everyone around looked on in shock, with some of them recording it.

Sam, Aaron, and Bucky arrived and saw the aftermath in shock.

John looked around, hearing nothing but white noise, and saw the people that saw what just happened as he held the bloodied shield.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 317 41
Picking up after the fight with Killian aboard the Norco, Izzy has fully retired from SHIELD, now living and working with Tony, at the tower. She was...
1.1K 53 5
The fate of (Y/n) Stark left the world stunned. But, as all things do, it eventually moved on. You were by no doubt forgotten, but things were moving...
13.9K 319 24
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ꜱᴛᴇᴠᴇ'ꜱ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜᴄᴋʏ'ꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ 1940ꜱ. ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴅɪᴇᴅ. ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʟɪꜰᴇ, ᴏʀ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ. ꜰᴀꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀᴡᴀʀ...
154K 4.6K 57
"I can do it!" four-year-old Raven shouted to her father as she cautiously took a step toward the ocean for the first time. ----------- "I can't do...