Dropping The Crown

By MavelineBelle

"Stay away from my son or you'll regret you ever became a maid here." Meet Adani. A beautiful woman, despera... More

Greetings
Chapter 1: Hell At Home
Chapter 2: What Changed?
Chapter 3: What Lies Beneath
Chapter 4: Stuck In The Middle
Chapter 5: Not Alone
Chapter 6: A Friend In Need
Chapter 7: Back In Time
Chapter 8: Confronted
Chapter 9: Riddance
Chapter 10: Everyone Has A Story
Chapter 11: Truth
Chapter 12: At The Starting Line
Chapter 13: The Mother
Chapter 14: For Your Information
Chapter 15: Commands
Chapter 16: Full House
Chapter 17: Rich People Drama
Chapter 18: Penelope
Chapter 19: Outside
Chapter 20: Caution Signs
Chapter 21: Party Woos
Chapter 22: Dress Up
Chapter 23: Territorial
Chapter 24: Adjustment
Chapter 25: Friends
Chapter 26: Touch Of Class
Chapter 27: Atmosphere
Chapter 28: Do We Have A Problem?
Chapter 29: The Drama Is Never Ending
Chapter 30: Shattered
Chapter 31: Walk The Walk
Chapter 32: Blown Away
Chapter 33: Exhale To Inhale
Chapter 34: Weathering Night
Chapter 35: The Influencer
Chapter 36: Step Up
Chapter 37: We Jammin'
Chapter 39: Peace And Pieces
Chapter 40: Over It
Chapter 41: Gala Storm
Chapter 42: Don't Throw It All Away
Chapter 43: You And I
Chapter 44: Last Straw
Chapter 45: Hell Wouldn't Freezeth
Chapter 46: Old Friend
Chapter 47: Up Close And Personal
Chapter 48: Without A Doubt
Chapter 49: Webs Of The Past
Chapter 50: No Family Like This
Chapter 51: Acceptance
Chapter 52: The Sister
Chapter 53: Another One?
Chapter 54: Freaky Deaky
Chapter 55: Point Made
Chapter 56: Let's Make Up
Chapter 57: Talk Your Shit!
Chapter 58: Traps
Chapter 59: Hot And Cold Hearts
Chapter 60: Weathering The Storm
Chapter 61: Nobody's Burden
Chapter 62: Blameworthy
Chapter 63: Why You Don't Like Me
Chapter 64: Different Directions
Chapter 65: Let's Share
Chapter 66: Son-Shine
Chapter 67: Unbreakable
Chapter 68: The Day Cometh
Chapter 69: All Of You
Chapter 70: Lion King
DROPPING THE CROWN (Book 2)

Chapter 38: Bliss

4.6K 284 146
By MavelineBelle

Adani's POV

"She's up to something," Adonna said as we returned back to the hotel and walked into our beach cabin, "She wouldn't just invite us along. That bitch doesn't like us."

"It is weird. I'm still wrapping my head around her giving me a pair of bikini. Maybe she wants to make amends and be friends with.."

"Don't do that," Adonna almost snapped. She turned towards me, "Don't go melting and thinking she wants to be your friend or our friend."

"Okay."

"Bless your heart, you're always trying to see the good in people even though they've already shown you their true colors."

As the sunset in Jamaica, I opened the windows, letting in the orange effect and the evening air. Adonna sat on her bed with a crossword puzzle book and I ordered something for us to eat.

~

The next afternoon, a knock greeted us. Adonna went to open the door and in stepped Penelope carrying two white boxes.

"Hi. I got these for the two of you," she said and handed us each a box, "Feel free to wear it to the event today."

"What event?" I asked.

Penelope smiled and fixed her hair behind her ear. "It's a surprise for everyone so I wouldn't tell you until it's time, but the two of you are to be at the beach front entrance at 3:30 pm sharp. That would be all. Bye now." With with a small wave, she left the room and left us in utter suspense.

Adonna and I opened our boxes. Inside, there were white dresses.

"A party?" I questioned.

"Maybe. Maybe not. We'll find out at 3:30 pm and I'm not wearing that white dress. I'll be wearing black. Completely opposite to what she wants," Adonna said and started ruffling into her baggage.

I looked between the dress and my baggage, wondering if I should wear the dress or not.

"Adani, are you going to wear the dress or not?" Adonna asked, snapping me from my wondering and causing confusion.

"Uhh.. the dress."

~

At 3:20 pm, we left and took our walk towards the beach front entrance as instructed. Eloise and Derick were already there and so was Penelope. She was wearing a mini white dress with lots of ruffles, similar to that of a prom dress. It was lined with dazzling diamonds and pearls. The sleeves were a sheer white and when Eloise helped her fit the veil onto her head, it dawn on me.

A wedding. The wedding?

Penelope locked me in her vision and a coy smile wider than a river plastered her face.

"That was her plan all along. To rub her getting married to Mr. Parriston in your face. She's so insecure!" Adonna whispered with a shout.

We then watched as Mr. Parriston walked towards her with a confused expression on his face. A slow jazz played as he reached her and the officiant of the ceremony.

"Do we have to be here?" I asked. I felt like I wanted to vomit and I also felt stupid wearing the dress.

"We don't but judging by the look on Mr. Parriston's face, he looks confused and ambushed by what is going on."

We watched as Mr. Parriston gestured for the band to stop playing. He removed his sunglasses.

"Let's get closer," Adonna said and took my hand without waiting for me to answer. We walked closer to the stage but stood at a respectable distance.

Mr. Parriston's friends looked uncomfortable as they looked on. Penelope was speaking calmly.

"Sweetie, let's not make a scene. I went out of my way to do this."

"And what is this?" Mr. Parriston asked her.

"It's not obvious, it's our wedding," she answered.

"Penelope, you cannot be serious. This is beyond cretinous."

"Don't say that and don't you dare do this to me. I've worked too hard to put this all together!" Penelope erupted.

"All of what, some flowers, a band and an arch?"

"You always said you wanted a beach wedding. You said you wanted to marry near the water. I'm giving this to you and now it's a problem?"

"You're the problem. You're still living in the past and think things are still the same. It's not. You can't leave someone for years and expect things to still be the same when you return. People change. I've changed."

"What changed exactly?"

"My feelings for you. I don't love you. I'm not in love with you. This whole thing was nuts and I shouldn't have agreed to it."

"Ricardo, we're getting married here. End of story."

"No. We're not getting married here. We're not getting married anywhere. This is over."

Adonna gasped with delight and I was surprise Mr. Parriston turned down his own wedding.

"What are you saying, Ricardo, you know good and well that if you walk away from me, you're also walking away from my father!" Penelope spoke up. Her fingers dug into the petals of flowers she was holding as her bouquet.

"You can't buy my love. Even you deserve someone to love you, Penelope. It's just not me."

Penelope broke into tears. The bouquet slipped from her fingers as hot tears streamed down her face, ruining her makeup.

It was a sad sight but the way Adonna was cheesing....

"Why, Ricardo, I love you. I've never stopped loving you and I've told you this before! All I want is for us to be together. Grow old together. Have your kids if you desire them," Penelope cried. Her voice broke and Eloise went over to console and comfort her.

Mr. Parriston walked away and Penelope collapsed into the sand. She was hysteric and was having a complete meltdown.

"Maybe we should help her," I told Adonna.

"Let the witch suffer in the grains of sand," she responded.

"Must you be so mean, she's having a breakdown. The man she loves just walked out on her."

"Who wouldn't?"

"Adonna!"

"Okay. Fine. I'll help but if she snaps at me or you, I'm burying her in the sand pile she's sitting in right now."

We approached.

"Penelope, you need to get up and pull yourself together. People are watching," Adonna said.

"She's having a really bad day. Ricardo is an asshole," Eloise responded.

"Eloise, she can't just sit here. There are probably sand in some places I don't want to talk about," Adonna said.

"Is this a joke to you, if you two think this is funny, it's not. It's embarrassing, but I hope the man you wants to marry would do the same thing to you. Maybe only then you'll understand how it feels!" Eloise shouted.

"Okay. Hold on, you're not going to Penelope us. We came over here to help her up off her feet," I voiced.

"She doesn't want your help. Go help yourself to a broom or a mop or something. Shoo!" Eloise snapped at us.

"I'll shoo my foot up your..."

"Adonna!" I yelled and stopped her before she could reach Eloise, "Let's not."

I held onto Adonna and Penelope managed to get on her own two feet. She looked at us with disgust and wobbled back towards her beach cabin.

________

The trip ended. What was supposed to be a week was just merely a weekend. Penelope had already left the island the day before with Eloise.

~
Our entire plane ride home was in silence. Mr. Parriston didn't speak a word. He busied and occupied his time by typing in his cellphone.

Adonna did crossword puzzles after the other.

Derick milked from the champagne bottles.

I missed Jamaica. The beef patties, the jerk chicken. The national dish, Ackee and saltfish. The Jamaican oxtail. The food, the music, the energy, the country-side tour. It was everything.

~

We arrived safely. After our descent, Derick and Adonna got into his own private vehicle. He offered to take her home, and Mr. Parriston I filed into an awaiting limousine.

"How did you like Jamaica?" Mr. Parriston finally spoke to me.

"It was everything and more," I answered. He smiled at my response.

Reaching home at last, I headed straight for the bedroom. I was beginning to unpack when a knock came.

"I need your help," Mr. Parriston said when I opened the door.

I followed him upstairs to his bedroom and was stun in disbelief when I saw the damage done.

All of his clothes were thrown on the floor and were deluged in bleach. The mattress was torn apart like it was attacked by a mighty bear and thrown into a corner. His watches were smashed, his jewelry were placed into the toilet bowl, picture frames were smashed, the walls were spray painted in pink and each pair of shoes were filled with red wine.
The carpets were sticky from the glue poured onto it, and as if that wasn't enough, glitter was also added to top it off.

"Wow. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned," Mr. Parriston said. He opened a trash bag and we began cleaning up.

I looked up at the walls and right above the bedhead, written in red spray paint, the words:
'The two of you haven't seen anything yet!'

_______________
A/N

😂 Penelope done lost her mind!

Due to a Thunderstorm, I lost internet service but thankfully it was restored today so I had to come through with an update. ❤

Don't forget to vote and show your support to DTC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.1K 17
He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. But I love him. "Adam squatted so that he was eye to eye with me and he harshly grabbed m...
1.9M 106K 51
Zenia Blackman had a deep dark secret, which caused her to be fearful of falling in love. But there was one guy who was determined to make her fall...
45.4K 4.4K 63
"She don't want my money She don't want nobody She just wants loyalty She wants my loyalty. "
549K 37.4K 77
#1st Book in 'Tangled Series.' Revenge and Love, I was tangled between both of these. Once I loved but that love took everything from me, it destroy...