Magic - On Hold

By NeneJPhilly

Talk about the magic of love... Fallen series - Book 2 (Sequel coming soon!) ⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️ Highest Ra... More

Honey, I'm Home!
Déjà Vu
Date
Soñador
Time Warp
Enemies to Enemies to Lovers
Unborn
2 for 1
Boom, Baby!
Under Fire
Hot
Abundant
Let Go
Only Fools Rush
Oh Happy Day
Shortie Like Mine
Rock Me
Calm Down
Meeting
Swing
Winter Waltz
Tragic
Pictures Deux
Ride

Dive Right In

7 2 0
By NeneJPhilly

"We should probably find our home. Yes?"

Dean wondered if he was still sleeping. He lifted his head and sat up a little bit, Calliope coming with him. "Huh?"

"If we are to move to the Montana before Dean Jr. is born then we should find our home. Yes?"

He hated that that made sense but he was just waking up. Why did she always want to have serious talks when he wasn't ready?! "Um... I don't know. Yeah?"

She beamed. "What city is this home in?"

"I don't know."

"Then how are we to research our home then?"

He blinked. He never thought about that. He knew what their house looked like but she didn't and although he knew what it looked like, that didn't mean he knew what city it was in so how could they find and buy it? "Can't you ask Judah?"

"Why me?"

"He's your brother."

"And Adam is yours."

"I'm being nice to him!"

She rolled her eyes. "Just ask Judah so I can try to find the home please. We have to pack and move and find reliable doctors and-"

He felt tired from the list she wasn't done with yet. "Okay, okay."

"Dean, you know I hate that."

He remembered in that moment that she did. "I just woke up. Can I get a minute?"

"To do what?"

"Get my bearings."

"Okay." She set her phone's timer.

He hated that thing. He sat up fully and tried to hurry to get his bearings.

Once two minutes passed, she looked at him. "Do you have your bear rings?"

He was surprised that she gave him two minutes. He smiled. "How do you feel?"

That wildly confused her. "I do not understand."

"How do you feel?" He gave her the "look".

She narrowed her glassless eyes. "What are you doing?"

He realized she wasn't wearing her glasses and laughed. "I'm just saying."

"Saying what?"

He knew he was confusing the life out of her so he laid her back and kissed her softly, testing the waters.

She stroked his cheek gently. "You are a strange man, Dean Winchester."

"That's okay."

"It is more than okay." She reached up to kiss his lips, missing and getting his nose.

He felt warm inside at his adorable angelic weirdo. He helped her out and kissed her lips. And there was not much said for about an hour.

¥

Dean searched neighborhoods in Montana and hoped he could find their home that way. He really didn't want to bother Judah. Then he thought about that. Since when did he care about bothering others?

He went outside to pray to Judah.

Judah appeared. "Yes?"

"Hey." Dean was unsure if he should make small talk then decided against it. "Do you know the town we live in, in Montana?"

"Excuse me?"

"When you sent me to the future, you sent me to a town. What's the name?"

Judah gave him a heavy lidded look.

"Calli wants to move soon."

Judah relaxed his shoulders. "It's Dillon."

"Dylan?" Dean's top lip curled.

Judah cracked a small smile. "Yes."

Dean glowed inside at getting the stern angel to lighten up, however small. "Thanks."

Judah nodded once, stern once more. "Please take care of her."

"I will."

Judah disappeared.

Dean went back inside.

Sam came into the living areas. "Hey? Where'd you go?"

"Just outside. Have you heard of Dylan?"

"Bob Dylan?"

Dean laughed at Sam's totally confused face. "No! It's a city in Montana. Apparently the one we move to."

"Oh! Dillon!"

"That's what I said."

Sam wasn't sure about that but shrugged. "What about it?"

"Calli wants to move soon."

"Why?"

"I think we move before DJ's born and she doesn't want to wait until the last minute."

"Smart. It'll be hard enough to move cross country without having two small babies to take care of."

Suddenly Dean was tired. "Ugh! We've got to find the house soon and get out there. This is such work."

Sam shook his head. "Okay."

¥

Dean grew excited. "This is it!"

Calliope leaned over to look at his computer. "That is lovely."

He felt like celebrating. He couldn't believe he'd actually found it. "So what do we do now?"

"How should I know?"

"Calli,-"

"I don't!"

He chuckled at her churlish expression and kissed her cheek. "We'll figure it out together."

She squealed before laying on his chest. "I have heard of the agent. Will we contact one?"

"An agent?" He screwed his face up in confusion.

"Yes. The real estate agent."

His face cleared. Damn, that's smart. "Oh. Yeah. That's a good idea. We can contact a real estate agent in the area and see what they say."

She beamed.

He hugged her close, careful not to disrupt the sleeping Dianna.

¥

Contacting a real estate agent in Dillion was easier than Dean or Calliope thought. They just searched the web for one and went with the first person to pop up.

The agent suggested a Teams call to get to know each other to see how they'd get on.

Dean thought that was weird but allowed it.

The woman contacted them the next hour. She double blinked. "Wow!"

Dean smirked. "Hey."

"Hello." Calliope waved.

"You're so pretty, sugar." The woman made a face as if trying to think and talk at the same time.

Calliope beamed. "You're so pretty, sweetness."

Dean could see this turning. He cleared his throat. "So can you help us?"

"Yes!" The agent snapped to. She began outlining her fees, her job description and what she could do for them.

Calliope told her the exact home they were looking for.

The agent was shocked. Most people had wishlists; not an actual home picked out. "Okay. I will check it out and call you back. If it is for sale, would you like to put in an offer?"

Dean thought about it but Calliope immediately said, "Yes!"

He blanched. "Calli,-!"

"We must move quickly, Dean. Before someone tries to steal our home."

"It is in a popular spot." The agent put in.

Dean had a flat expression cross his features. "Fine. What's a good offer?"

The agent gave the math on it but it gave him a headache.

Calliope nodded along. "Add 10%."

The agent's jaw dropped.

So did Dean's. "10% of what?"

Calliope patted his hand. "Add 10%."

The agent grinned. "Will do! I'll speak with you soon. Goodbye."

"Goodbye!" Calliope waved.

Dean closed his laptop. "Calli,-"

"We must move quickly, Dean." She repeated.

"Why? I already know we're going to get it."

"Nothing is set in stone. You have proven this multiple times."

His jaw dropped again. He snapped his mouth closed after a full minute. "Fine."

She grinned.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"No. You're lucky I'm cute."

He laughed. "Why?"

She sat up on her knees and threw herself on him.

He saw why.

¥

Sam whistled as he studied for a test. He had no idea where that melody came from but he liked it.

Margot beamed at him as she dealt her tarot cards. The baseline sounded familiar but she couldn't place it. Until she could, she'd just bob her head along.

Adam flipped through channels on the old fashioned television, bored.

Benny read a book Jessi Rae recommended.

Missouri folded laundry.

Calliope played with Dianna on a couch. She was moving sillily to get the baby to laugh, which she did.

Suddenly Sam began whistling louder.

Calliope caught the beat and instantly recognized the song. She brightened and got up to dance earnestly.

Dianna laughed and clapped her little hands.

The others noticed Calliope moving and began urging her on.

Dean returned from the bathroom and saw. His eyes bulged at her risqué moves. "Calli?!"

Calliope twirled her hips, turning in his direction. "Dean!"

He took in her happy expression and a flat one crossed his face. She never understood him when he was expressing displeasure with her! "What are you doing?"

She stopped moving, Adam booing Dean. She blinked and shrugged. "I do not know." Then she resumed dancing!

Sam laughed, stopping whistling to do so and in turn Calliope stopped dancing. "What's the problem, Dean?"

Dean flushed. "What if she did that in public?!"

"You don't like her moving?" Benny flipped a page in his book without looking up.

Dean's color rose higher. "I'm going to kill you one day."

Benny snickered. "Okay, Boss."

Dean huffed but Calliope looked at him in hurt. "You do not like my movements?"

Dean's face went through three expressions in such a quick succession, no one knew how he felt. "You just can't dance that way out there."

"Do I appear foolish?" Her shoulders slumped.

"No!" Dean's eyes were wide.

Missouri was so mad at Dean. She went to hug Calliope. "Don't listen to him! He's just angry you have more rhythm than him!"

Dean opened his mouth then closed it as if thinking of if that was really his problem. He shook his head. "I am not."

"He's just mad that you dance better than him." Adam rolled his blue eyes. "If anything, he's mad because you dance so good that people are gonna look."

Dean gave him a terrible look.

Sam sucked his teeth. "Dean!"

"Let people look at your wife!"

Sam was appalled.

Margot giggled. "Sam!"

Sam frowned.

Castiel and Meg entered the bunker from outside. "Hello."

"Dean's still jealous." Adam taunted.

"Dean?" Castiel frowned.

"I'm not!" Dean defended. "I'm envious."

Sam had to laugh.

Calliope cocked her head. "I believe you are confused."

"You're going to correct my English right now when you were just dancing like a-!" Dean started.

Calliope's whiskey gaze sharpened. "Like a what?"

He took a literal and figurative step back. "Like a bad girl."

"That's what you call backpedaling?" Benny scoffed.

"One day." Dean kept his eyes on Calliope.

Missouri wanted to slap Dean. "How dare you?"

Dean's head fell back. He knew he was going to get a lecture.

"What is wrong with you?" Surprisingly came from Sam. "You used to be so open. Especially about women. When'd you get so close minded?"

Dean's jaw dropped. "I'm not close minded! I just don't want my wife shaking everything for everyone to see-! Oh my-...! I've become close minded!" A look of horror overtook his face.

Adam burst out laughing.

Sam threw a pen cap at him. "Shut up! Dean, you've got to do some soul searching to figure out what's going on. You're stifling Calliope."

Margot pinched him. "Calliope can speak for herself. Although you're right."

"Calliope?" Missouri rubbed her arm.

Calliope thought about it. "I am unsure of if I am being smothered but I feel as if I cannot be myself or grow and explore without him judging me harshly."

Dean was stricken. "I'm so sorry, baby."

She blinked then blushed. It was the first time outside of the bedroom that he'd called her a term of endearment. It made her think of the bedroom and she melted. She hurried to firm. "I accept your apology. But things must change."

He nodded. "Can we talk?"

"Are we not?" She was plum confused.

He smiled as the others burst out laughing. "We are. But we should probably talk in private."

"Are we going to make love?" She squinted at him.

Sam and Benny hollered.

Dean's lips trembled. "Not until after."

She thought through it. "May we make love before?"

Margot blushed brightly as Meg whooped. Missouri knew she had to teach Calliope decorum. Quickly. Sam and Benny were crying. Adam shook his head slowly, trying not to find this funny but he couldn't help it. Castiel was just straight up confused by this entire exchange. Dianna wondered what the big people were going through.

Dean's heart nearly exploded. And he bricked up as well... "We can make love before and after."

Calliope brightened. "Okay!"

He held out his hand and she went to him without a second thought.

The two disappeared to their room as the room acted a fool.

"She's my favorite person ever!" Meg knew Calliope was her new best friend.

Castiel was unsure of if he should be offended or not.

¥

Dean sat Calliope down on their bed, prepared to talk but was attacked by his wife. "Calli? Calli. Calli!"

She pouted but stopped.

He gave her a quick kiss on her strong pout. "We should probably talk first. I might not want to if I get under that skirt."

She giggled. "What?"

He shook his head with a smile. "Nothing. Let's talk about the way I treat you."

"You treat me well."

"I'm not sure I do." He frowned. "I've always believed in women's rights. Believed in women period. But since meeting you... I've been acting like a caveman."

She laughed at him saying nearly the same exact thing as Adam.

He smirked. "Caveman is not funny."

"No!" She giggled riotously. "Never the mind! Go on!"

He waited for her giggles to taper off. "Anyway. I've been a real douche since meeting you. Maybe even before? I think I was getting burnt out by everything I've been through-"

"Dean." She palmed his right cheek. "You have the right to be tired and frustrated and hurt over your life's experiences. You've been through so much. So much pain and heartache and trauma. You were an innocent toddler who was forced to grow up so very quickly. That takes more than a year or two to go away simply because you have a modicum of peace or found love.

You deserve to dig through all that hurt and pain and arrive at your peace in your own way in your own time. I know you treat me well. I know your heart. Father has told me many times. Many times. I watch you. I listen to you. It is the little things. It is the big things. In the end, it is just things. Who you are... is a good, kind soul, who deserves peace.

You treat me as well as you can and that is all I can ever ask for and will not settle for less from. I know your brain is better than this. I am an angel. As dangerous as you are, I am much stronger than you. Do you really think I would allow you to mistreat me?"

His heart lifted. "No?"

"No." She used her thumb to boop his nose. "I love you. But I am no idiot. I do not stay where I am unwanted nor where I am being hurt. I am not frightened to be romantically alone nor am I that starved for physical touch or affirmations."

"So I'm not a dick?" He sorely hoped not.

"You are."

His jaw dropped in her hand.

She giggled. "But you are growing as a human and that is all Father wants for any of us."

His heart warmed. "Thanks, Calli."

"Now may we make love?"

He nodded slowly and grinned salaciously. "I can arrange that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 96 23
Liv Evans and Hali Ever are long time best friends. As seniors in high school, they live normal, boring lives. That all changes when Liv goes home on...
12.1K 305 13
ੈ✩‧₊˚ ❝ yeah, well, you're a goody two shoes! ❞ &&. in which a goody two shoes and a cocky asshole fall for each other. SUPERNATURAL || DEAN WINCHES...
16.4K 983 37
Dean moved once again with his little brother and his dad. He meets Castiel Novak and falls in love. But a lot of stuff happens.. Alcohol, drugs, mi...
29.6K 952 23
The second book in the Hunters trilogy *************************************** You all remember Maeve Winchester. little sister of the Winchester b...