A New Start: The Beginning of...

By sleepylilacfox

This teen is no other than Irumi Suzuki. Why was this young teen there in the first place? Well, poor young I... More

Welcome readers!
Welcome to the Netherworld Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Orientation Ceremony Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your new Family Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your New Look Irumi-chan!
Welcome to your Familiar Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Potential Playmate Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Cheerful Playmates Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!
Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!
Welcome to the Misfits Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Guardian Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Rank Owl Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Mysterious Ring Irumi-chan!
Welcome your Personal Tutor Irumi-chan!
Welcome your First Lesson of Magic Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Suspicious President Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Reading Aquaintance Irumi-chan!
Welcome Dinner Etiquette Irumi-chan!
Welcome Ambitions and Dreams Irumi-chan!
Welcome to Opera's Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Stressful Lesson Irumi-chan!
Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Determined Clara Irumi-chan
Welcome Execution Cannonball, Irumi-chan!
Collection of Drawings I've done for this-pt 1
Welcome the Beginning of Training, Irumi-chan!
Welcome an Interesting Development Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Final Preparations Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Sense of Forebode, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Retribution of the Insane, Irumi-chan!
Welcome Vengeance is not always Sweet, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a little Reward, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Newbie, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a New Wardrobe Irumi-chan!
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt 1
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt2
Lustful Haute Couture Catalogue pt3
Welcome a Dance Lesson, Irumi-chan!
Welcome a Possible Mentor, Irumi-chan!
Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Rookie Hunt, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome the Upperclassmen, Rumi-chan!
Welcome the Cannonball Battler, Rumi-chan!
Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!
Welcome Story Time, Rumi-chan!
Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome a Healing Process, Rumi-chan!
Welcome Another Lesson, Kalego-kun!
Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!
Welcome the Beginnings of Heat, Miyumi-chan!
Welcome the Warning Signs; Opera-san!
What If? Never a Warning, Rumi-chan!
What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?
What If? A Fierce Human Doesn't Want to go Back?
Welcome, Grandpa left for a Meeting, Rumi-chan!
What if? A Chat with Amaryllis!
Welcome Boastful Exclamations of Grandparents!
Welcome, A Goodnight's Rest; Opera-san!
Welcome an explosive idea, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night at Babyls, Rumi-chan!
Welcome suspicion and unease Kalego-kun!
Welcome to a Strange Room, Rumi-chan!
Welcome a Night of Surprises, Babyls!

Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!

563 22 13
By sleepylilacfox

A/N: Sorry I've been super busy, I don't think I'll be able to update the main story more than once a month but I'll definitely do my best. Every time I watch a new episode or read a new manga chapter, my inspiration re-ignites to keep going. So my love for this series, and my little fanfic here is definitely not going away any time soon, just the personal time to write while also having a solid internet connection is 🥲
Regardless I hope you enjoy! And please if you'd like to read any other 'what if's' let me know and I'll post them between my workings of the actual chapters!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 48;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. 4. Her rising abilities are drawing all sorts of dangerous attention to her being as her demon blood blends with her human, leading to changes as she grows. And 5. Her connection to her mother will be a cause of many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger!

Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? Perhaps, a certain being within could help from their imprisonment? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

"Something weird is happening again..." Andro M. Jazz mused from his seat at his usual lunch table. Resting both elbows on the top, he idly looked over to the table Irumi typically claimed- Asmodeus, Clara, and Sabnock at their side as they usually were during this time.

His head tilted to the side, eyes solely focused on the shorter blue-haired demon. Who hummed and purred? So enthusiastically while feasting upon a literal mountain of food. Biting his bottom lip, his focus moved to that messy strand of hair that usually stood like a scythe a top Irumi's blue head. The strand curled like a heart as it swayed in what he'd assume to be bliss. 'So cute...' Jazz thought, fighting the urge to take a picture of the scene as his neck and ears began to get a little warm.

"Yeah, no kidding," Lied spoke up next to Jazz, glancing up from his game as he did so- letting his eyes also trail to the four other misfits seated at the table nearby, witnessing how Clara half-clung to Irumi and Sabnock. The green girl bounced in place with happy exclamations of absolute insanity while cheering on Irumi's appetite and Sabnock's workout and simultaneously eating meat directly off a bone. All the while Asmodeus-seated on the other side of Irumi- dutifully replaced the empty plates with brand new dishes with annoyingly princely grace.

"Wonder how Rumi doesn't even notice those demons." The blonde muttered almost bitterly as he looked away from the scene to the column a few tables away from where the source of the focus rested.

A group mostly consisting of what looked to be third-years stood around salivating. Focus strictly on the most gentle and strangest misfit of the class. Every once in a while they'd get rambunctious; blushes flaring their skin, scales, or fur a shade or so darker, low mutterings being shared between the students but gazes never leaving Irumi. No, that never left the nice-smelling, gentle demon's back.

"Despicable brutes, completely undignified if you ask me!" Kamui exclaimed, lowering closer to the table to venomously glare at the male students within that salivating group. "Who are they anyway?" Lied questioned, glancing down to the furious bird demon and then to Garp and Schneider, assuming either one would likely be the one with the answer. The guys looked like they worked out so he didn't doubt Goemon looked into their battlers and Schneider liked to gather plenty of information about anything- the school, its staff, and students included.

Goemon bowed his head, presenting a few rice balls as he cautiously sent a glance to the group that consisted of mostly males, silently thinking while his hand twitched towards the sword handle on his hip. "The majority seem to be members of the Cannonball battler..." Schneider spoke up, tilting his head down to stare at his lunch, eyes squinting the slightest bit but beyond that, his expression didn't change.

"And the girls are from the succubus battler," Elizabetta giggled out in an airy manner, walking by with her lunch tray in hand. Her other hand delicately cupped the side of her face, tilting her head to look at the group of four at a table all to themselves. A wider smile came to the tall blonde demoness, red-tail flicking in amusement. Internally squealing at how Clara tried to sit on Irumi's lap. Meanwhile, Sabnock and Asmodeus tucked in closer- guarding the girl's sides and back. 'So absolutely cuteeee!~'

"N-nee-chan!" Lied squeaked and choked simultaneously, jolting from where he was seated as he lowered his game console to the table. A blush came to his face as he stared up at her.

"Hello, my ladies! May I assist you in any way?!" Kamui exclaimed, eyes going wide and bloodshot as he got out of his seat and bowed, trying to tilt his head in a way to peek up Elizabetta's and their other classmate who stood shyly beside her-Kerori's skirts. "I'm perfectly well! Thank you for asking!~" Elizabetta laughed, foot planting into the perverted demon's face to block his vision and keep him at a distance. The action still sent shockwaves of pleasure through the much shorter student as a bit of smoke rose around his head. His winged arms reached out to test the smoothness of the demoness's skin. If only he could reach!

"The succubus battler and the cannonball battler huh?" Jazz glanced away from his classmates- away from the demon with a dazzling smile to the mixed group of demons. Demons that just barely kept a distance due to the fearsomeness of Sabnock's and Asmodeus' dark looks that kept them hesitant.

A frown pulled at his own face, annoyed that they kept staring with those weird expressions while watching-stalking the blissfully unaware demon. A feeling churned in Jazz, deep within his gut.

He didn't like it, he didn't like them all watching his sweet and gentle classmate.

He...had the urge to do something- anything about it. The idea of leaving it be for the pinkette and blonde to handle felt unsettling. Sure, those two would definitely be able to handle a measly group of drooling students. But at the same time, he knew they were at a disadvantage. A lot of them were definitely in a higher grade- meaning they had more overall experience and tricks up their sleeves than any of them first-years. No matter if those two were definitely the most physically and magically capable in the class.

Should he find Kalego...? Their teacher seemed to have some sort of fondness for Irumi seeing as the man never yells at Irumi as much as any of the other students. There were also the naps he occasionally succumbs to on the demon's lap during the ending session of the familiar courses. Along with all the helpful stuff he overhears Kalego instructs Irumi in during class as well, 'privately' or whatever the case it may be. So that must mean something. Surely the teacher would be able to do something-anything promptly. He was this school's famous guard dog!

Mind made up, Jazz slowly stood from his seat, a plan on finding his homeroom teacher circling within. "Hm?" Lied looked away from Elizabetta to Jazz, head tilted to the side in curiosity as his blush died down a bit. "I'm going to go find-"

"And just what are you students doing in here while many of you have classes?!" A snarl loudly rippled the cafeteria, the large doors leading to the outside swinging back shut as a gust of wind blew through the large area along with the sharp scent of electricity and an oppressing presence of mana.

The misfits stiffened. Much like nearly everyone else, they turned to stare at the guard dog of Babyls glaring daggers at the group of students that were staring at Irumi.

Kalego's stature was stiff, dark growls rumbling within his throat reminding many of a rapid hellhound. Golden sparks of lightning crackled around his clenched fist, shifting every time one of the students tried to glance past him to Irumi who was watching the scene with curiosity- her eyes glowing a brighter blue with a violet wisp every once in a while.

"Head to the teachers' lounge promptly to receive your assigned detentions! Now!" He snarled out, his magic flaring into the air with an intimidating feel to cow them into obedience. Immediately following a few steps behind the trudging second and third-years that he managed to single out.

Leaving the good handful of first-years to still be standing around gawking at the turn of events and Irumi- always Irumi. Though a harsh glare from the Misfit class- barring a few such as Elizabetta, Kerori, Clara, and Irumi herself. The short warning snarl Kalego sent them, caused those particular students to rush to open seats to eat their lunches. Successfully dropping whatever reasoning they held to leave the clueless student alone and mind their own business.

"How weird, I wonder why so many were skipping...?" They heard Irumi's soft, confused voice and felt dread. Yes, they as the Misfit class need to protect this very odd demon, that's for certain. And maybe teach her a bit more to raise her own awareness.

Clara laughed boisterously, cutting the depressing gloom that covered the majority of the Misfits as she threw herself at Rumi. Forcing her into a tight embrace and pressing into Azz who froze despite the bit of fire that burned within his gaze. Determined to protect his Master from such trash that was so below her acknowledgment.

'Truly! Such a noble demoness! Knowing when and who to give her attention and time of day towards! Of course, those vermin don't deserve even the most basic acknowledgment of their lecherous acts!' Azz thought as he cried silently to himself, within bliss as Irumi's soft, warm back pressed against his arm.

"Yeah...definitely weird." Jazz sighed but smiled, watching with a pleased glint as the upperclassmen were directed out of the cafeteria, a fuming Kalego glaring behind them as he followed. Eyes promising pain- in other words; detentions and brain numbing extra assignments that'd make most cry.

"Was there any doubt though? Rumi-kun is in the Misfit class for a reason." Lied shrugged, laughing as he picked his game back up to resume. "I...guess so, yeah." Jazz looked back at the clueless blue-haired classmate, as did the rest of them; smiling in relief at the joyous smile that stayed on that feminine face.

Unexpectedly; pearls of laughter began escaping Elizabetta. Her shoulder trembled as she bowed the slightest bit. "Oh! So cute!~ absolutely adorable!~" The demoness giggled out, the others a bit lost at what exactly was so 'cute'. The sudden laughter also attracted another's attention.

"Hm? Oh hello everyone! Did you all just finish up your lunch too?" They heard Irumi chirp out, walking to their group with a friendly smile and a skip to her step. Behind her, Asmodeus was tossing all the bones and other inedible bits left over from Irumi's feasting into the trash while Clara sang as she restacked the piles of plates, bowls, and trays. Sabnock was also busy, continuing to keep narrowed eyes trained at any who still tried to take a glance over while keeping up his workout with the two weights clenched in his grip.

"Yes indeed! I have a few leftover rice balls if you care to have them, Rumi-kun!" Goemon offered, eyes squinting in a smile as she took them with gratitude. A happy hum left her as she immediately took a bite into one. "So yummy! Thank you so much Garp-kun!"

"Geez you ate all that and still got room to spare Rumi!" Lied snickered, getting closer to playfully poke at Irumi's stomach, who blushed brightly. "G-grandpa says it's normal..." she argued weakly, rubbing the back of her head, looking down a bit shyly. A small smile slipped back into place as she stood a little straighter, her eyes glowing an eerie shade of vibrant blue swirled violet once more as she addressed them sweetly.

"Well anyways, I'm gonna start heading to our next class, would any of you like to join?"

A tinge of power weaved its way into the air, leaving tremors to go down each and every one of their backs. How could she expect anyone to ever decline? When asking them like this? While looking at them like that?

"I'd be honored!" Kamui, close to screaming in his excitement, arms flapping as he attempted to fly at the slender legs of the blue demoness- attempted.

Swiftly blocking the bird demon's path, Asmodeus stomped forward and slammed his knee into the perverted demon's face. Barely taking note of what he had done as he gave most of his classmates a short scowl before a dazzling expression of worship towards Irumi. "Please! Lead the way, Master!" He beckoned with a deep, mannerly bow.

"Oh..." for a moment she blinked at them, studying their expressions before another smile came forth, "sure! Maybe we can all play a card game together before class starts! Only if you'd all like to of course!" She offered, beginning to walk forward, back straight and shoulders pulled back. Steps steady and regal-like. The onlookers and the misfits themselves watched on in a form of awe. This was the first time Irumi started to look so...noble. No, more like...royal? Or...commanding? They weren't sure what to exactly call it.

The growing demoness was starting to look scary and powerful. But not unwelcoming. That scent and smile stayed perfectly inviting. But the new way she carried herself...it was of a higher classed demon that far exceeded that of a gimel.

And like happy shivering fools drawn to the warmth of a flame, the Demons of the Misfit class followed along. Leaving all others to fend for themselves in the blizzard that the void of her presence left.

Mere hours passed on by, classes filled to the brim with the beginners' information of the courses left the day feeling infinitely longer. But not as long as it felt for Irumi and her suffering stomach. Simply put, Irumi was starving, experiencing a pain that for the first time food seemed to be incapable of fixing.

The poor girl tried; every available time, pulling out a snack to munch on it, and even going so far in taking a small break from class to grab a few things from vending machines and the student store. But none of it did anything to ease the pain and how her stomach seemed to endlessly grumble, empty.

Finally, at the last place she needed to be before she could run home and into that safe space of her bedroom that seemed to taunt her name; Rumi laid on the floor, flat on her stomach within the confines of the apparatus battler. She whined and muttered lowly as Kirio sat at her side, sipping tea. It didn't help that the pain spiked all the more since entering the battler room. Nearly every muscle in her body was tense in strain; almost like her body was trying to urge her out. Her room and that cloud-like bed specifically beckoned her.

Off to the side, Clara happily played with spare parts of previous inventions. While Asmodeus carefully brewed a cup of tea specifically for Irumi at the other side of the room. Somewhat cleaning up trash from the countertops as he did so- it was unsuitable to work in such a filthy environment; especially with his mistress in attendance within this over-cluttered room.

"Oh my, you all are filled with so much energy today!" Kirio laughed out, smiling down at Irumi's figure. He held up his cup to his lips, hiding the pleased expression from the others. "But I feel like there is something wrong, everything alright Rumi-kun?"

While it was a very nice scene to witness the first-year shiver and nibble their lip to muffle the small whines... it was still a strange thing to witness in such a young demon. Almost making Kirio wonder, was there more to this younger demon? More than he previously was led to believe?

He wanted to see and hear more of those sounds, of course. After all, how will they react to the upcoming plans? What will be their delicious expression?

Disappointment? Horror? Perhaps utter fear or pain? Will there be tears clouding those pretty eyes? Maybe even a little scream and cry tearing their slim throat?

Kirio licked his lips, tongue grazing against one of his canines as his wants festered under his skin. He shuddered, tasting a bit of his warm blood all while staring at the sweet-smelling demon who laid there by his side, taunting him with those possibilities. That lovely defenseless back facing him. None the wiser...

"Just sleepy and a bit hungry is all Kirio-senpai!" Her musical voice hid away another pained sound as she shifted. Getting up from her laying position to sit up; accepting the soothing tea Asmodeus brewed just for her. "Thank you Azz-kun. I should feel better tomorrow, Kirio-senpai! I promise I'll do my best to help as much as I can regarding the upcoming event!" Irumi smiled up at the upperclassman, her smile causing his mouth to secretly water all the more.

Oh, he can't wait to see how this innocent, trusting gaze will look once it is time!

"It is nothing to worry about, Rumi-kun! Take all the time you need to recover!" he smiled back, settling his cup back down to rest in his lap once he got his expression back under control.

Irumi's expression brightened briefly, a pink hue taking over her skin as her ears twitched. An urge to fidget and fold into herself arose.

She looked down into the cup of her steaming tea, feeling a bit unsure of herself at those words and the emotions that seemed to rise with them. "Y-yes...okay!" Irumi squeaked slightly at the last word; a strange nervous feeling settled within her along with her constricting heart. It was hard to sit like this so close to the third-year for so long; just as it did last week. For the life of her, Rumi simply couldn't understand why she was reacting this way...

"We can think over what to do for the battler tomorrow, I'll also take you all to where the event will be held so we can use that as a reference as well! But for today, how about I show you some more items past members have created or brought so you all can get a broader idea of what this battler is all about!" Kirio offered, getting up as he set the empty cup down.

"More yummy yums!" Clara cheered, letting go of what she was playing to sit by Irumi while Asmodeus bowed in gratitude, "if you would please do so!" "ah- s-sure!" Rumi squeaked a second time; face flushing a brighter red more so at the way her voice was cracking up.

"It'll be my pleasure!" Kirio smiled at the three clueless first-years. Happy to get closer, gain their trust, and see those tender expressions of hope. It'll make his prize all the sweeter.

--------------------------

"Grandpa, are you about ready?" Rumi called out as she gave the doors to the principal's office a polite knock; her battler activities of the day being released and her immediately wishing goodbye to Asmodeus and Clara.

Slowly, Rumi peeked her head into the room, glancing at her sorrowful grandpa who sniffled, continuing to fill out paper after paper, a couple of buckets full of his tears all around him.

"Greetings milady," Opera greeted, turning to look at their young ward as she cautiously entered. Sullivan, pausing for a moment to glance up from the dreadful work. "Ru-channn!!!" the elder yelled, tossing the fountain pen and a handful of papers over his shoulder and leaped to his startled grandchild.

"Oh, my precious pumpkin! You came to save me! Let's hurry home! I already canceled tutoring with that meanie so I have you all to myself!" Irumi squeaked as she was scooped off her feet and hugged tightly, her grandpa immediately rushing to the window before Opera had any time to reprimand or do much anything.

The security demon sighed, watching as the elder took flight immediately. "I swear...I doubt he even noticed how pale and exhausted the princess's complexion was..." they muttered, quickly cleaning and locking up before following behind. A large snack and a long bath are definitely required for the poor girl.

"Thank you for the snacks Opera!" Irumi chirped, seated on her bed with a blanket bundled around her as Opera set out the spread they prepared- along with a herbal tea, becoming more and more certain of just what the young demoness was going through. "Yes, thank you, Opera! Be sure to dig in Ru-chan!" Sullivan cheered, nursing his own cup of tea while seated at the end of her bed.

Opera sent him a tired glance before looking back to Irumi, leaning down to pick up the two house cats that tried to pounce on the food. "I'll prepare your bath when you are finished, if you need anything else just call and I'll be here immediately to help, enjoy Milady, Sir."

"Yes, thank you."

"...It's my pleasure helping you," they bowed once more, easily keeping the two cats within their grasp before exiting the room, leaving Sullivan to cuddle and spend time with the young hybrid. Immediately they went towards the study, the aim to study a particular book that may prove useful...

--------------

They should have expected such, the book was close to useless. Merely restating facts they already were familiar with-if not just updating previous knowledge.

By the time they finished the book, Irumi had finished up her snack and was half-dozing on her delighted grandfather. "Sir, a particular package has just arrived for you. In the meanwhile, I must take Umi-sama for a much-needed bath so she may relax before dinnertime." Opera announced, arms open to take the sleepy demoness from the pouting elder.

"What? A package..." Sullivan sighed, giving a slight huff as he passed his grandchild into their awaiting arms. "Oh fine, fine. But I'll be the one styling her hair tonight before bed!"

"If you must sir," Opera sighed, making sure he had a steady grip on Irumi who gave a pained hum through her exhaustion. Without further delay, they took her to her private bath, worry churning within them seeing how swollen and red her back was. "It's no wonder you've been so sluggish and in pain...how did these become so inflamed? Your skin wasn't nearly so irritated this morning..." Opera muttered in worry.

"Mmm?" Irumi hummed tiredly, hugging her legs close to her torso while laying her head atop her knees. "Whaz-at Oper...?" Her words slurred together, ending with a loud yawn.

"It's...it's nothing Milady, just take it easy, and if you are in any further pain come to the Master or me immediately." Opera stated, moving away from the bathtub to gather some balm they have bought. "It's almost as if these are reopening but how...?"

"Mmm-don kno...back hurts same with..tummy but..not 'gry any..." Irumi yawned, laying against the edge of the tub now as she fell asleep, actually looking content rather than pained as Opera continued to rub the herbal medication in soft circles into her irritated back, taking great care to massage between her swollen shoulder blades where her wing roots will one day be.

"I really do hope what I assume is wrong, Milady...but for now rest well..." Opera muttered, continuing to take care of her, moving her sleepy self back into her bed in fresh pajamas. After tucking her securely into her bedding, and shutting off all the lights; they made their way to inform the master of this manor- who was pouting and glaring at the all too familiar letter and plate.

"Thirteens dinner..." Sullivan grumbled in annoyance. "To think it was already time for that annoying day..." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 114 15
Visual Prison is a ritual for vampires to offer their songs to the Scarlet Moon. Vampires compete in a battle of music to have their song acknowledge...
3.1K 88 7
The World of RWBY meets the Skaven. Mostly taken from the Warhammer Fandom Wiki. May turn into a Harem, but I don't know for now.
90.7K 1.6K 61
*E D I T I N G* Beyonce Knowles meets Shawn Cater in a club and they hit it off really well and they started to become friends, to lovers, husband a...