Xiaolumi S4: Edge of Dawn

By Otaku_AriaSnow

"Oh Viatrix, how brilliant and radiant you shine, a holy light in the dark so sublime. But what can I do, whe... More

Prologue: Daughter of Time
Lumen de Alatus
More Innocent Days
Deity of Dendro
Caged Bird
Where A Tiger Fell
Ningguang's Wish
Xiao's Final Contract
Healing Adeptus Incense
Temple of Pervases
Old Tales
Unexpected Encounters
Sentient Domain of Chaos
Stare Into The Abyss
The Abyss Stares Back
This Is Not Your Fate
Can't Live Without You
The Name's Yelan, "Agent" Yelan
Wanna Make A Bet?
Tears of Joy
Follow The Rules Or Be Fools
The One Who Hurt Her
The Maple & The Bird
Invitation To Sandy Shores
Memories Turn Into Daydreams
Song of The World
Power of A Dreamer
Blood of Valhalla
Chain of Fenrir: Shatter!
Ratatosk's Whispers
Fate's Familiar
The Withering
Dunyarzad The Runaway
The Desert Tiger
Zhongli's Old Friend
The Dendro Shackle(Lemon Warning)
World Forget Me
Deja Vu
Live Without Regrets
The Yaksha King
Ratatoskr's Lil Mind Games
You Will Never Take Her!!
Hatred & Despair
Don't You Fret, My Dear
Jackal In The Field of Reeds
The Missing Keepers
Stars of Deshret
"Take My Hand, Deshret."
Festival Feast of Spirits
A Squirrel of A Plan
A/N: Twins Final Introductions[400 Follows TY!!]
The Single Truth
A Game of Hawk And Snake
Balladeer's Sin of Pride
The Eyes of Deshret
We Are The Voice of Nature
Peraḥ Ištar
Lord of The Skies
Ratatoskr's Wisdom
I Am Lord Of The Lost
Do Heavenly Birds Purr?
The Winds of Time Cometh Callin'
Chronos Eclipse Disaster
The War of Familiars
Oh Beautiful, Dangerous Mocking Sun
O Welkin Moon, Your Siren Calleth
The Holy Ambrosia
Clair De Lune
A/N: About Bonus Chapters Going Forward

A/N: Thank You; Q&A; Info

618 8 15
By Otaku_AriaSnow

This has been one of the largest projects I have ever done at close to 70 chapters and you all showering it with such love makes me smile. Season 4 of "Xiaolumi Fated Encounter: Edge of Dawn" Has been a rollercoaster ride. Never did I think I'd have so many that enjoy my stories, for that thank you. "Edge of Dawn" brought many things beyond being my biggest book so far not counting the mega book that contains all 3 of the first seasons. 

I hope you enjoy the title song of this book/season, "The Edge of Dawn" while I answers some questions for you all. I'll be covering questions regarding the twins, Xiao & Lumine, Kairos, and more. Including what to expect for the Fontaine, Natlan, and Snezhnaya Sagas. Well shall we begin?

About Doomday/Bad Ending/Erased Timeline

Q: What happened to Lumine during the "Doomsday Timeline" that now has been erased by "Doomsday Vesperus" getting Zhongli to save Xiao during the Bosacius Arc?

A: Sadly, "D-Day Lumine" didn't survive the labor. How the Soul Bond works is if one partner dies then the other will soon die as well. Lumine fell terminally ill until she reached a point she was so weak the labor was extremely difficult and complications happened. She died from a combination of her illness and loosing too much blood. Nahida was able to arrive to protect everyone from the very explosive supernova results. Predicting she wouldn't survive, Lumine left a will naming Zhongli as the twins' new guardian. Vesperus and Solis were thus raised by Zhongli in a very bleak and dying world loosing everything they loved. 

Q: Does the Doomsday Timeline still exist after what "D-Day Vesperus" did?

A: No. The instant Xiao was saved from Chasm by Zhongli history was rewritten. Thus this dark and terrible timeline was destroyed. So "Doomsday Vesperus" ceased to exist, smiling in knowing this version of him wouldn't suffer like he did and he had saved the parents he never got to know as well as his sister's life.

~.~.~

The Twin Laws' Design

Q: What type of twins are Vesperus and Solis?

A: They're fraternal twins actually, not identical. Thus why they look similar but also so different. Solis inherited more of her father's looks during the Soul Bond while Vesperus has a perfect mix of both parents. While they are yaksha desert wolves they inherited wings and some bird-like features and mannerisms from their father.

Q: Why do the twins have "bird wolves" instead of bird forms like their father?

A: Lumine's Primordial blood influenced it far more then they realized. Also the legend of Skoll and Hati greatly inspired me when I was designing the twins when creating them. I have gone through and scraped so many design ideas in the process of making their true forms until I got the ones I revealed. Other mythologies that inspired them were Egyptian, Japanese, and Greek/Roman mythologies but Norse was the strongest influence. Another thing yaksha true forms can be influenced by one or both parents' genes and their environment. But due to Xiao being born at the old Tree of Dreams, this actually affected his genes too. Another thing. yes Inuyasha and Okami did inspire me a little bit when I was creating the twins along with their strengths and weaknesses. 

~.~.~

Xiaolumi Family

Q: Who/What caused Bakari to become so deathly sick? Did something happen during the nine months?

A: You can thank the Goddess of the Void for this. *gestures to my armory of weapons* You can find your weapon of choice on my left. Minor jokes aside Vespy was already weakened and only just recovered upon awakening when he was being born. Nyxia took this chance to try and snuff him out but Istaroth intervened sending her own avatar to protect him until he was born. However the damage is sadly done and Teyvet will now once a month face a time when there is a moonless night(a new moon). During these new moons Bakari going be very weak and may even fall sick. This will be a big learning hurdle for the family particularly for his twin sister, Nalini particularly will have to learn this and it will create some problems as she will get jealous of her brother's extra attention.

A: Do the twins have strengths and weaknesses?

Q: Of course they do~! Vesperus is at his strongest during the night while his sister is stronger during the day. Solis draws a lot of strength from the planet's inner fire, so volcanoes and areas like Mare Jivari are her playground and doesn't suffer from extreme heat. Meanwhile Vesperus thrives in places like Snezhnaya and Inazuma, places rich in electro, hydro, and cryo. He does not suffer from sheercold and thrives in it and the darkness. Just getting hit with abyss energy triggers something the family calls "Shadow Bakari" which is interesting.  You actually got a glimpse of "Shadow Bakari" very briefly when Nyxia attacked him.

Q: How fast will the twins age?

A: A lot faster then a human would I'll tell you that much. It'll be at least at two to three times the speed thanks to that yaksha blood in their veins mixed with Phane's Legacy. However since they were conceived while their mother is still suffering the Gnosistic Seal they won't age as fast as their father did or their mother. By the time they reach Natlan they will have the bodies and minds of a 4-5 year old on their 1st birthday. And by their 2nd birthday they will have the bodies and minds of 8-9 year olds. This was inspired by an idea a reader suggested from Chinese mythology and I think it's a brilliant idea and it'll let you guys get to know the twins faster but not too fast. From my scientist side it does fit as animals mature far faster, so illuminated beasts and yakshas would be no different.  

Q: Will they control other elements besides what they are born with?

A: Actually yes, they will have 2 others besides the element they were born with as they get older. Bakari would have control over Cryo and Electro. As such Miko, Cyno, and Ei will teach him to use electro. Cryo he will learn to use with some help from unlikely sources such as Boreas. Nalini will be able to control Geo and Dendro. The geo control she'll learn with some help from Zhongli and her dendro is taught personally by Nahida and Alhaitham. Giving each twin a total of 3 elements. This has to do again to their mother's royal divinity.

Q: Which Moon Sister is Bakari the Reincarnation of?

A: This was mentioned before but for those that forgot, Vesperus is the reincarnation of the goddess, Sonnet. Sonnet, Aria, and Canon were the Moon deity sisters that killed each other during a calamity event that nuked the seelies into those mindless beings we see now. That event also stopped the lycanthrope races from being able to shapeshift. We don't know much about them, just that the moon functioned normally before shit hit the fan and one of the sisters' bodies became the moon that Bakari "Devoured" recently and replaced with his moon. For story sake I'm addressing each sister as the following..."Sonnet the Siren", "Aria the Seerer", and "Canon the Watcher" respectively. I'll let you guys think about why Sonnet was the one that got to reincarnate and was reborn a male. I'd love to hear your speculation. But Bakari has all of his powers from when he was Sonnet, and they are far stronger then that of Nahida and Deshret's powers. The closest looks I can think of for Sonnet is the Welkin Moon Sister.

Q: How would Aether treat Vesperus and Solis if/once they meet?

A: That is difficult to say. It depends a lot just how far gone their uncle has become and if he dies or not. He wouldn't harm them but he's not going be that warm protective uncle you think he'd be either. He's sadly hurt his relationship that used to be so close with his sister and unfortunately Vesperus is a grudge holder.

Q: How will Dainslief treat them?

A: I gave a small glimpse through his interaction with newborn Bakari. He's going be that kind and loving viking grandpa, telling stories around the fire and very likely will pass on Khaenrian swordplay to the twins. He will get to see them again when he returns in Clair De Lune.

Q: How heck did Istaroth escape and where is she now!?

A: The Chronos Eclipse provided Kairos the right conditions for her to escape Tartarus. But she is still not truly free. She's under the effect of the seal from Tartarus and as such has gone into hiding and only Dain knows where. This is upping Dainslief's desperation to save her while still also investigating Abyss Order and their wayward son, Aether.

Q: Will there be more familiars for the Xiaolumi Family?

A: Yes and no. Solis and Vespy do get familiars of their own at age 12; they use these 50yrs after the events of the Teyvet Chronicles. Both of them are rather interesting creatures. Solis gets kitsunes and jaguars for her familiars. Vesperus does receive a pet moon bunny however that is very ancient that once belonged to the moon sisters. He even calls it "My bunny!" upon seeing it first time and it's name is Mochi.

Q: Will Xiaolumi have more kids? 

A: Main story they won't but "Timeskip Teyvet"? Yes. They do have a son after Lumine takes the throne that is Zhongli's reincarnation and is the 2nd gen archon of geo. You'll get to meet him in the timeskip and his name is Qinglong/Basiliscus. Vesperus affectionately calls him "Little Dragon" while Solis calls him Basil. He is very, very close to his family and looks up to his big brother. He's 40yrs old in the timeskip but appears no older then 15yrs old give or take. Qinglong is the deity of Trade & Harvest in Future Teyvet. Also, he is in the care of Ganyu and the other adepti, living at the Temple of Alatus. Qinglong is also very loved by his parents and was raised on stories of Zhongli and the other archons as well as tales of his parents' adventures.

Q: What kind of parents will Xiao and Lumine be?

A: Stern, supportive, encouraging, and sometimes blunt. Lumine and Xiao aren't going to sugar coat things due to how dangerous their lifestyle can be at times. A truth that they are going to be extremely fast to make Bakari and Nalini understand. Since the majority of the time once they leave Sumeru they'll live on the move unless its far too dangerous. Xiao's going to be the more strict of the two but he still loves his lil wolf pups. Lumine's going to be the one that encourages the twins to question everything in the world, that if they want answers they should look into things themselves and ask questions. But reminds them they are here when they want help. Both parents will start training Bakari and Nalini to defend themselves and fight once they are old enough(3-4 years old in yaksha terms, so about 6-7 months old).

Q: What are Lumine and Aether's full names and titles?

A: Crown Divine Princess "Lumine" Lumen Sirius Aion(true name: Protogonus), Goddess of Fate & Order.
Divine Prince "Aether" Either Seirios Aion, God of Destiny & Chaos(True name: Horae). [tidbit: Horae is a name of Greek gods from mythology by the way, they ushered in the 4 seasons and hours for Chronos. Protogonus is another name for Phanes.]

Q: What the Sam hell happened to Aether!?

A: Phew that was a lore bomb from Nahida about her brother, eh? Lumine and Xiao are just as shocked and confused. But one thing is clear...something happened on his trip between Natlan and Snezhnaya. That's when Xiao suspects Aether started to succumb to the Void. Only Kairos knows for sure what happened and if it is too late for Aether or not. Another thing is the tree thinks Aether's from Teyvet because of this and his journey so he ended up linking to the wrong tree. He linked to the Tree of Knowledge and not the Tree of Life.

~.~.~

Other

Q: What is a True Ascension vs A False/Liar's Ascension?

A: We know very little about how this works for Vision Holders since the only one we've seen is Venessa's ascension(I am not counting the blank screen one from Aranara ty! lol). So for the sake of the story, there are 2 types of ascension: Liar's Ascension & True Ascension. "Liar's Ascension" is instant and was the corrupted version of the real version created by the 1st Throne, Emperor Phanes. It is instantaneous as a result and never bodes well for the allogene as they land not in the Golden Hall of Valhalla but in the least desired place. "True Ascension" is the real one and usually takes years to finish as it serves as a final test as each needs to go through the 3 Choruses known as "Thrones", "Cherubim" and "Seraphim" respectively. But after completion and passing their appearance might change and even their vision will morph before being absorbed into their body before finally ascending to true divinity. However Xiao's case is very special, Istaroth is molding him to be Lumine's Shade. Making him into a member of House Aion. As such this requires lessons which she's giving when she can as she builds up his immunity to elements, slowly altering and molding him body and soul into a primordial deity. Xiao will eventually become the full fledge "Primordial God of Hope" towards the end of Snezhnaya, loosing almost all his karmic debt in the process.

Q: What did IstaDain and Nahida give to save and heal Bakari? 

A: Ambrosia made from the forbidden fruit of Yggdrasil. It is a very effective and highly potent all purpose medicinal tonic that is way too strong for mortals. For an immortal race however like a deity it can save a life or relieve pain and fever. It can even heal wounds. Nahida will make a special medicine for Xiao from the remaining batch of ambrosia for his karma. 

Q: Will there be more books/Seasons?

A: Better believe it! I'll have "Clair De Lune" out next year in 2023 some time around Lantern Rite. It'll have the Fungi event, then Scara's AQ Interlude, then stuff from 3.4 patch. Like before it'll probably end with Dainslief return or the summer event.  But I need a break after this massive book/season that was Season 4. *faints into pile of tinsel*

Q: Anything on IstaDain Stories Soon?

A: I did previously write one and it is the prequal to both Chilumi and Xiaolumi. However I want to rewrite it and overhaul it completely in the future. It feels rushed and too short to me and I feel like I missed some fun scenes I could explore. If not I may just write a few one shots of the couple's reunion before the disaster. <3

~.~.~

Fontaine, Natlan, & Beyond

Q: Does the Fatui & Celestia know about the twins and Lumine?

A:
-Asmodaus knows of the twins as she is the keeper of the heavenly principles. However the twins' birth present a sort of dilemma for her. Because the twins are 2 of these laws, duty says she should protect them but the other is torn to her loyalty to the throne. Poor girl's in a bit of pickle and will eventually have to pick a side or die by one angry time goddess's hands as Ragnorak is slowly beginning. As Kairos said, "Fate is just as cruel as it is kind."

-Tsarista at first was in the dark, even mistaking Lumine for a human and thorn in her side. But after the events in Sumeru and Dottore's report, she's now suspecting something is up. Especially after Venti paying her a visit that night with a warning of the Chronos Eclipse. She just isn't sure how or why Sonnet picked Lumine to bring his rebirth back into the world along with a new sun deity. "Anastasia" is suspecting something far more ancient is at play here and messing and toying with the fate of their plans. A wild card has entered the chess board and it's molding a new King and Queen piece. The name "Anastasia" or "Ana" is a placeholder name I use for the Cryo Archon. 

Q: Will ANY of the harbingers be considered friendly around the twins and Xiaolumi?

A: YES!! At least I hope so!! Right now my top candidates are Arlecchino, Captiano, Rooster, & Regretor. Depending how things go of course, as we need to see who's a "friendly" and who is not. But I sincerely hope Knave is a "friendly" due to her love for children. Due to the Monstandt Wine Festival and leaked info I know Captiano's a runner up for a Xiaolumi ally(strong one too). Pantalone is still 50/50 but I would love to see him join the ally list and not just cause I adore him(Night mode Baizhu anybody? <3 hehehe~!). Despite the rocky start, Tartaglia is on good terms with the Xiaolumi family and spares with Xiao and Lumine regularly in the training arena Lumine has setup in the teapot. 

Q: Where will the Xiaolumi family stay in Snezhnaya when they reach it?

A: They will stay with Tartaglia's family at the seaside port town very likely. Ajax's mother will be able to help Lumine with the twins and even give some helpful advise as a more experienced mother. The twins can even make friends with Tart's siblings, I think that would be very cute and fun.

Q: How much does Baizhu know about Primordials and the Yakshas?

A: Quite a lot actually. It's how he was able to save and heal Lumine when she got sniped. It's also how he treated her after getting hurt by Beisht and how he knew she'd shy away from dendro energy due to her pregnancy. Its also how he knew the dendro infused incense in the candles would help Xiao and Lumine get in the mood when he removed that seal holding back the Soul Bond Ceremony intense drive to do the final claiming. There is a great deal Baizhu knows about due to his search and desire for immortality. But regardless of his motives he remains a valued friend and ally to the Xiaolumi family crew. Baizhu will remain their family's most trusted doctor as a result and chances are high he will join the handful that will ascend to join Lumine's side at the Table of Heroes at the Golden Hall of Valhalla. Ascended Deity Baizhu even has a son, Jin, that'll be mentioned in the 50+ year timeskip bonus chapters.

Q: Will the twins have important parts to play in future seasons/books/sagas?

A: Not right away, no. You will see them in full swing on their 1st birthday since they'll have the maturity and minds of young children by then. But you will see them during Dain's return. Fontaine Saga they will still be far too young and it'll be too dangerous, as such will be entrusted to a caretaker while Xiaolumi deals with Foca. Will they make appearances before and during Fontaine for important milestones? YES!! Xiaolumi will have some chill chapters with them just being with their little ones and being a family in the teapot and outside it. There will be lots of firsts they'll experience too like their first words and steps. And even some misadventures as the twins start to crawl and eventually walk and play like baby yakshas do(Poor Squeaky Toy Paimon).

Q: Will the Hydro Archon and Fontaine Crew get to meet the twins?

A: Yep~!!! But not until after the archon quest. Foca and everyone will get to meet Bakari and Nalini during the twins' first birthday very likely. Xiaolumi brings them over to Fontaine once everything is safe and things have calmed down.

Q: How will the Pyro Archon, "Murata" treat the family and twins?

A: Murata? She knows who Lumine is and is ecstatic, she can't wait to meet her!! Pyro archon is going be extremely close to the Xiaolumi family, just as close as Nahida and Zhongli are(maybe closer). She'll be like an older sister to Lumine and an aunt figure to the twins. Nalini in particular will be very close with Pyro Archon. She likes to call the twins some pretty interesting names you'll see for Natlan Saga. Lumine she addresses as "Princesa."

Q: What about Dottore? He's still out there.

A: I have no clear cut answer yet for this one. Depends a lot if he becomes playable or not. But...judging by the rumor mill it's going be interesting. I CAN say Dottore will very likely never be trusted around Lumine and the twins. He'd need to do something very very drastic to earn that kind of trust. *hears Dottore's scream as he gets yeeted off cliff* Did you hear something? Nah, moving on~!

Q: What about Kunikazushi/Shouki no Kami, the Balladeer?

A: *smiles* He'll be back in "Clair De Lune." He actually does earn Xiaolumi's trust and respect, like Tartaglia does. He will be like that cranky, cheeky older tsundere brother to Vesperus and Solis. I'm sure you noticed he showed a lot of interest in the twins, particularly Vesperus after seeing Sonnet's old memories. He will over time become very close to Bakari, being one of the tiny few he's soft towards.  He is the first to call him "Tsukuyomi" when addressing him. Solis simply getting called "Amaterasu." by him. Since Scara is pushing the reset button on himself, he'll need a new name. I have narrowed down a few and will reveal my choice next season/book on what Lumine names him.

Q: How will the rest of the harbingers treat the family, particularly the twins?

A: That is still a mystery even to me but I have some vague ideas as I mentioned before. However the ones that have me stumped for now are Sandrone and Columbina. As for Pierro he's going be an interesting one, same for Rooster. Particularly Pierro once he finds out Lumine and the twins has Khaenrian blood and who Lumine is. Rooster may end up being that quirky rich grandfather figure I'm not sure as it's too soon to tell(he gives me Penguin vibes from Batman). Knave I know she'll adore the twins(she's soft with kids apparently but has a short temper). Captain going be a fun one, he sounds like a gigga chad and if I am right then I know who he is(Bloodstained Knight is my highest candidate rn) and he may end up being a friend. Regrator is 50/50 but I'd love them to be friends to the family, particularly Xiao and Vesperus but we'll see. Dottore well...need I say more? *bonks his head and yeets him off nearest cliff* he'll never be on good terms with the family. That leaves Columbina and Sandrone, they are the ones I am the most unsure of after all at this time.

Q: How will the Tsarista treat them after everything?

A: I can tell you there will be uneasy and rocky feelings about "Anastasia" especially from Xiao at first. No shocker since she did order for Lumine's head then suddenly withdrew that same order. Tsarista will soon learn the full truth about Lumine and even meet the twins and Alatus. She knows a new emperor was was awakening but did not know who and will not for awhile. As I said their relationship will start very rocky but as for which way it'll go for the goddess of love? We shall see. I don't want to reveal too much. I will say Tsarista and Vesperus will have a positive relationship hopefully in the future, allowing her to teach him to use Cryo and may end being like a second mother to the twins...but this could change years from now, so we shall see.

 Q: Aether vs Dainslief or Aether vs Lumine?

A: Sadly this may very well happen. I'm just not sure which would happen first yet but there strong signs it will happen, it's just a matter of when. Both being very emotional fights, family drama yeah? lol

Q: Will Xiao stop using his alias, "Xiao" eventually?

A: No, not right away...well not for 50 years at least or until he fully ascends, whatever happens first. lol

Well that covers it for the Q&A here, so I'll see you all in Season 5: Clair De Lune. I look forward to walking the milestones and see the family develop with you guys through 2023. In the mean time...where the heck did i put my beret and french bread? XD *inserts silly french animal meme here* I'll see you guys next time in the new book~!

~To The Stars, and to the Abyss, Aria Snow~

~Have a happy holidays and happy new year!!~

~See you all in Season 5: Clair De Lune!!!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 7.2K 35
What if Xiao wasn't the last Yaksha? What if one of the "dead" Yakshas survived? Karmic Debt. Madness. Could anyone possibly survive that? The answer...
5.6M 181K 46
As a member of the Fatui military, it is extremely important to follow the rules of your superiors. Betraying them would be similar to a death senten...
28.2K 812 40
ლ(' ❥ 'ლ) You pretty much get isekai'd and wake up as a slime in the world of Teyvat. But not in the way you, Y/N expected. This takes part after all...
84.9K 2.3K 23
"Why? Why won't you rely on me more? All I said is you had to call my name and I'd be there....so why didn't you?" Xiao, the last Yaksha and Lumine...