𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗟 ⸺ 𝖫𝖾𝗏𝗂 𝖠�...

By TheWhiteRabbit24

✦ ━━━ WE ARE EACH OUR OWN DEVIL, AND WE MAKE THIS WORLD OUR... More

───── 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖑.
𝑧𝑒𝑟𝑜.𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑠.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘 |
𝑜𝑛𝑒.ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦'𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.
𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑜𝑝𝑠 𝑠𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑑, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑓𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑔𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑠, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑒𝑟𝑤𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡𝑒𝑛.𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑤, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑, 57𝑡ℎ 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒.𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑦, 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑜ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑡, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙, 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑜ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑡, 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗪𝗢 |
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑤𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑎.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 |
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑠𝑚𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑎𝑙.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑦.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦.𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑏𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑡ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑚𝑖𝑑𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑙.
| 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 |
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑎𝑟.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑙𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛'𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑟𝑠.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.𝑎 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑦.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑤.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.𝑗𝑢𝑑𝑔𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦.𝑠𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒.𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 2,000 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜.𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑤.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑.
⁽ ⁵⁵ ⁾ 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑜𝑟.
⁽ ⁵⁷ ⁾ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑤𝑛 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦.
⁽ ⁵⁸ ⁾ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔.

⁽ ⁵⁶ ⁾ 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒.

234 5 0
By TheWhiteRabbit24

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

unedited

»»————- ★ ————-««

»»————- ★ ————-««

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝓒𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇,
𝓡𝙴𝚃𝚁𝙾𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

ANNIE WAS CURRENTLY TRYING TO DEFECT the Yeagerists as she crushed a few of them with her hand. Reiner punched into a building as Yeagerists headed towards him, in which he punched away. Simon kicked a few to the buildings. The three Titans continued battling it out with the Yeagerists who were trying to attack them.

"Wh-What... did... you just say?" Hange asked, not believing what they were hearing.

"So I'm saying, it will take an entire day to prepare the flying boat for flight. With all the necessary facilities, we could try to make it fly in half a day."

"Half a day? You're saying we have to defend this place for that long? The enemy will send in as many reinforcements as they need. The Titan's power could only last a few hours at most, and we're supposed to seize this harbor for half a day?" Magath asked.

"We won't make it in time. The Rumbling's march was faster than a galloping horse. And they can also ignore any obstacles on their way. In half a day, the Titans would already cross the shoreline to about 600 kilometers inland.  It will probably only take them four days... to trample the entire continent." Hange explained.

"Even if we could stop Eren with the fastest method possible... It'd already be too late for Liberio." They finished.

Jean widened his eyes at Hange's words, faintly remembering a memory. He gritted his teeth. "No way..." He muttered.

"Even if we got the flying boat going, we still don't know Eren's location. It'll take even more time to locate him. To begin with, it's impossible to hold them off for even half of a day. This is..." Magath trailed off.

"I have an idea." Kiyomi spoke up, getting everyone's attention.

All of them were soon looking at a map. "On the South from here, there's a hangar owned by the Azumabito in the coastal Marleyan city of Odiha. It's possible to service the flying boat there. By hauling the flying boat with a ship, we could sail off at once, then complete flight preparations in Odiha." Kiyomi explained.

"The Marleyan coast? Given the distance... Isn't it one of the cities about to be destroyed by the Rumbling?" Hange asked.

"Odiha is far enough away that we could get there before the Rumbling. But whether it will stand for half a day will be a gamble." Kiyomi answered.

"A gamble..." Hange repeated.

"Either way, we can't get the flying boat running here." Magath said before turning to the Azumabito mechanics. "Is there coal on the ship?"

"Y-Yes!"

"But we'll need thirty minutes before we can depart—"

"Do it in fifteen!" Magath ordered. "If you die, Hizuru will be gone along with the rest of the world! Keep that in mind!"

"Yes!"

"I'll go get Captain and the others!" Jean said.

"I'll inform Mikasa!" Hange stated as they rushed up the steps, Jean quickly following them.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Outside, the fighting still raged on. "Take this—" A Yeagerist said until Mikasa flew in and killed him. Mikasa attaches herself to Simon's face.

"Section Commander, change of plans! We're leaving by ship and prepping the flying boat on the continent!" Mikasa informed.

"Prepping it on the continent?" Simon repeated.

"Cover them as they board!" Mikasa told him before flying off.

The Azumabito mechanics, Kiyomi, and Magath rushed out. "Run, run!" He ordered as Mikasa was on Reiner's shoulder before flying off as another explosion hit.

Floch landed on a roof along with a few other Yeagerists. "The Azumabito mechanics! Kill them!" He ordered.

The Yeagerists began firing at the mechanics as Mikasa kicked him the face before Hange sliced the other two in half.

"You filthy traitors!" Floch shouted as he began to fire at them. "Why are the Azumabito on the move? Where are they risking their life to go?"

Floch then widened his eyes. "Can it be...!" He wondered.

"Reiner!" Magath shouted as Reiner used his hand to protect the Azumabito mechanics from getting shot.

"Take this!"

Two Thunder Spears were aimed towards Reiner but not before Simon protected him as he protected his nape while the Thunder Spears went off. Magath began to shoot down the Yeagerists.

"Run, run!" He ordered as the mechanics began running once more while Annie was dodging explosions.

"Deal with the Female later! Aim for the Azumabito!"

The Yeagerists fired Thunder Spears towards the Azumabito but Annie used her arm as a shield which got blown off.

"Stand up!" Magath said. "The ship's right there!"

"Outta the way!"

More Thunder Spears were thrown as Annie as Reiner and Simon stepped in, both of them taking the Thunder Spears to the face.

"This is bad! Are they planning to complete the flying boat on the continent?" Floch asked himself as more Thunder Spears were fired at Reiner, Simon, and Annie.

"Get every last Thunder Spear we've got! They're planning on going by ship to kill Eren! Destroy the ship by any means necessary! If Eren dies, Paradis will sink into a sea of blood! The world will take vengeance on us and kill your parents, siblings, and our children! Dedicate your hearts!" Floch saluted.

Meanwhile, Pieck was in a safe place with Gabi, Falco, Onyankopon, Yelena, and Levi.

"No way..." Falco muttered.

"What?" Gabi asked as her and Onyankopon looked over.

"They're targeting the ship now." Onyankopon said as Annie, Reiner, and Simon were being overpowered. "Those three won't hold out until the ship is ready to sail!"

"Eat this!"

Two more Thunder Spears went off as it exploded on both Reiner and Simon. "I must fight too." Falco declared as Gabi looked at him. "I'll use the power of the Jaw."

"Don't do that. Your first transformation won't go well." Pieck informed.

"But at this rate..." Falco began to protest.

"Just leave it to me. I'll join the fight once I take you all to the ship." Pieck said.

"If only Mr. Galliard were here instead of me." Falco muttered as Annie got hit with a Thunder Spear. "Then we wouldn't have to stay here worrying!"

More explosions soon went off as Falco hopped off of Pieck. "Falco! Wait!" Gabi called out.

"Don't." Pieck said. "I'll take you to the ship first."

The Azumabito mechanics were getting on the ship. "Get on! Hurry and start the boiler!" He pointed the gun behind him, only to see Connie supporting Armin. "Connie!"

"His chest and stomach got shot." Connie informed, handing Armin over to Magath.

"His jaw, too." Magath noticed. "He should recover soon enough. You should..."

Magath got interrupted as Connie pulled out his blades. "I'm defending the ship!" He exclaimed before running off.

Pieck soon appeared from the water. "Commander Magath... Falco has..." She began as Magath gritted his teeth, knowing what she was about to say.

Mikasa and Hange were on a rooftop as Hange gasped. "Oh no! Their reinforcements are coming!" They informed. "We must stop them somehow. Or else they'll wipe us all out before we can do anything!"

That's when the train suddenly exploded. "What?" Hange muttered.

"The train carrying our reinforcements... They got us!" Floch said.

Falco was trying to make himself transform by stabbing his hand as Jean landed above him, causing Falco to step back in surprise.

"Falco, what are you doing?" Jean asked. "Hurry up and get to the ship!"

"O-Okay!" Falco replied.

Both of them turned as they spotted Annie's head collapsing as the three Titans were covered in steam. Simon's Titan was missing its left arm and right leg — immobilizing it.

"My body... move!" Reiner told himself.

"I can't see anything!" Annie thought.

"Shit! I'm immobilized! I guess trying to protect both Reiner and Annie took a toll on me!" Simon noted.

"Now! Finish them off!"

Connie soon appeared as he sliced at the Yeagerists that were heading for Reiner, Simon, and Annie.

"Connie!" Reiner exclaimed.

"Die! Traitor!"

Connie soon got shot. "Connie!" Mikasa shouted out before she attacked the Yeagerists that were on the roof while Jean shot one.

"If we hesitate..." Jean began.

"... the Rumbling won't stop!" Mikasa finished, wiping the blood from her face.

Pieck appeared from the roof as some of the Yeagerists were in her mouth.

"Floch!"

"I know! We'll take out the traitors with anti-personnel equipment. Hit the Cart with Thunder Spears!" Floch ordered.

Pieck easily dodged the Thunder Spears coming at her. "Oh, come on!" Pieck complained.

"Defend it to death! Defend this island! Defend our country!" Floch shouted.

Hange was running along the roof as a bright yellow light soon appeared, signaling a Titan transformation. The Jaw Titan soon made its appearance.

"Falco!" Pieck exclaimed.

"Now! Their formations are broken!" Jean shouted.

"Now is..." Connie attacked a Yeagerist.

"Our only chance!" Hange finished, slicing another Yeagerist.

Falco continued rampaging before he roared at Floch. "Damn it!" Floch screeched, heading for Falco with Hange right on his heel, managing to slice his cheek with their blade.

Floch fired a Thunder Spear at Pieck in which she dodged while Floch headed for the ship.

"It's all riding on this one shot! It just has to make a hole on the bottom of that ship!" Floch told himself.

"I'll be the one to save Eldia!"

Floch suddenly got shot by Gabi, causing him to crash into the water.

"They got Floch!"

Mikasa took down the rest of the Yeagerists as blood rained down from the explosion. The remaining Yeagerists began retreating.

"We're ready to cast off! Hurry up and board!" Onyankopon called out.

Jean flew down onto the roof. "Let's go. Before those we drove off come back." Hange said.

Falco soon crashed onto the roof and roared as Pieck stood in front of him.

"Falco! The enemy's gone now! Get ou—" Pieck's sentence was cut off as Falco attacked Pieck's neck.

"Pieck! Hold Falco down!" Magath ordered as Pieck did so.

"Falco!" Gabi called out in worry.

Magath sliced the nape of the Jaw Titan, pulling Falco out. "It's all right now. Falco, you've done well." He said.

The group were heading towards the ship as Hange supported Pieck, Mikasa supported Annie, Connie supported Reiner, and Jean was supporting Simon. Magath was carrying Falco.

"Hold him." Magath said, passing Falco to Onyankopon.

"Okay."

"Get moving at once."

"Eh? What about you?" Onyankopon asked.

"I'll guard the rear." Magath replied before rushing off.

The boat was tied to the ship as it set sail. Magath was running along the harbor.

"An enemy! There's still one left!"

Magath dodged all of the shots before someone sliced at the Yeagerists. Magath pointed the gun at him.

"Are you the one who stopped the Yeagerists reinforcements?" Magath questioned.

"That's right. Why didn't you get on the ship?" Shadis asked.

Magath lowered his gun as he looked back. "That's a captured Marleyan cruiser, isn't it? With its speed, they'll catch up the transport my allies are on, and sink it in no time. I couldn't leave it behind." He responded.

"Then let me help you." Shadis offered.

The two of them were soon inside the ship. "They're charging in." Shadis informed.

"Doesn't matter. I'm just here to set this ammo supply on fire. Now is your chance to jump into the sea." Magath told him.

"No, I'm fine. I was looking for a place to die, anyway." Shadis claimed.

"Why did you help us?" Magath then questioned. "You may have doomed this island."

Shadis stayed silent for a moment. "I saw my students heading south from the fort in Shiganshina. Together with Annie Leonhart. Realizing what they were planning, I was moved. With how they'd grown." He answered.

"If you hadn't stopped the reinforcements, it would've been all over for us. I'm sure one day you will be known as one of the heroes who saved the world." Magath said.

"Then that makes two of us."

Magath began laying the coal down. "I've done nothing I can be proud of. I ignored the voice of my conscience, turned those children into a convenient tool for the country, and ordered them to breach those walls. I've finally realized. If those kids could have lived a normal life... Who knows how happy that would make me feel." He said.

Shadis stepped forward. "Even if you can't be proud of yourself... I have respect for you." He stated.

"Hey! Open up! I said open up! What are you doing?! Open up!"

"I'm sure those kids would feel the same." Shadis finished.

"Thank you. By the way, what's your name?" Magath asked.

"Keith Shadis. And you?"

"Theo Magath."

Magath clicked the trigger of the gun as the ship erupted into flames as the others watched. Pieck held onto a distressed Gabi.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Simon was currently sitting down, fidgeting with a silver chain that was on his neck, lost in his thoughts.

"Section Commander?"

The gray-haired male looked up to find Reiner was looking at him.

"You don't have to call me that anymore, Reiner. I'm no longer your superior." Simon reminded him.

"Right, sorry. Force of habit." Reiner said, making Simon chuckle. "How are you feeling?"

"I've been through much worse, believe it or not." Simon responded, using the wall of the ship to propel himself up. "I guess without my squad I really am vulnerable. All of them would kill those Yeagerists before they touched us."

"Thanks for doing your best. Protecting Annie and I." Reiner thanked him.

"I guess apart of me still thinks of you as that prick in the Survey Corps and not a traitor." Simon admitted. Reiner smiled a bit as the two joined the others.

"We decided with Magath that we'd go to Odiha. Or rather, we had no other choice. There was no way to save your hometown, Liberio." Hange was saying as Annie dropped to the ground.

"Then... I don't have any reason left to fight. I quit." Annie said as Mikasa kneeled down to her.

"Even if the Rumbling stopped at this moment, the destruction of Marley and Liberio is unavoidable. And Magath understood that as well. But he still put his life on the line to open the path forward for us. And he didn't do that for Marley or Liberio. He did it so that we can save even one more life of a stranger." Hange said.

"Then... Let me ask you again. Could you kill Eren?" Annie asked Mikasa. "If I tried to kill Eren... would you be able to sit back and watch?"

Everyone stayed silent. "I don't want to fight anymore. I don't want for us to kill each other again. Not with any of you... Not even with Eren..." Annie confessed.

»»————- ★ ————-««

A/N: This was just a small view of how Simon got injured majorly since his squad are all dead. Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 2523 words. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 8.4K 110
⋆⭒˚。⋆ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚝'𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠." ⋆⭒˚。⋆ ...
301K 12.3K 38
Levi Ackerman fell in love with a certain turquoise-eyed brunet since the first time he laid his eyes. For a year, he's just loving him from afar. Bu...
327K 8.3K 140
ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs, ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪɴ ʙʏ Kᴇɴɴʏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ʜᴀᴅ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, ᴛ...
522K 21.6K 115
|| 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 || • 𝑼𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑯𝑨 𝑺𝑨𝑺𝑼𝑲𝑬 • ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ? ʜᴇ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴʟʏ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ. ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴏᴋᴇ...