As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

27. Ex Idiots

4.9K 196 86
By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki hasn't been with the greenett laying back in his arms that long, but he's been with him long enough to see the dark shift in jade eyes when he questioned what Sora wanted.

He raises a brow as he answers.

" Honestly I don't really know, but my guess is he just wanted to be an ass and start trouble. He mentioned something about being friends or some shit. Was running his mouth asking what was so different with you that I wanted to be around you so much, so I gave him a goddamn list."

Izuku has turned around so he's completely facing the blonde, his face showing a look of seriousness on normally gentle smiling features.

" What did you say?"

The blonde furrows his brows.

" I told him to fuck off, that there was no way I wanted to be friends. I don't want anything to do with his cheating, lying ass. I was furious he showed up at the practice venue at all."

Izuku is quiet while his mind takes in the information, deep green eyes shifting to gaze at nothing in particular.

The silence is a bit unsettling for the blonde musician.

" Oi, Deku? You ok? You're so quiet."

Jade eyes meet concerned crimson ones, he smiles.

" Yes rock star, I'm ok but I'm going to be honest, I'm not happy about him showing up again."

The blonde nods.

" Trust me I get it, I'm not happy about it either. This is how he is though, anything he can do to start fucking drama, he lives off it."

Izuku scrunches his face in thought.

" He seems so opposite of you. Whatever made you get into a relationship with him in the first place ?"

Katsuki shrugs forcing a slight smile.

" Shit didn't start out that way. He was good at pretending to be one thing when he was actually another. It was like a bait-and-switch thing. He changed over time, slowly so that I hardly noticed at first. He was so fucking skilled at flipping things around and making me feel like everything was my fault. I use to feel fucking crazy because I couldn't figure out if it was bullshit or it was really me.", the blonde explains.

Izuku feels a twinge of both pain and anger for his boyfriend as he listens.

" The extras all saw it, saw that he wasn't right for me, and could even see behind all his bullshit, I was too close to the situation to see what they could. I feel like an idiot now if I'm being fucking honest. I think that was one of the worst parts when I caught him fucking someone else, 'cause I'm sure it wasn't the first."

The greenett reaches for his hand squeezing it, giving him a gentle smile.

" It doesn't make you an idiot that you were fooled Kacchan, it makes him one. You wanted to believe that someone you had once cared about felt the same. We never want to believe the bad in a person we loved. I get that. But Sora treated you badly and the mind games he played with you are mentally abusive. It's no wonder you felt crazy."

There's a beat of silence while Katsuki feels the hand that's resting perfectly in his while he takes in the words of this seemingly perfect nerd who always seems to know exactly what to say.

There's a slight smile curved onto his features as he shakes his head and clears his throat.

" You always make me feel some kinda way, you know that?"

Izuku smiles brightly.

" I hope so."

The blonde chuckles.

" You don't have to hope, it's a sure thing."

There's a beat of silence before Izuku speaks up again.

" So um, about the Sora thing."

Katsuki meets his eye.

" What about it?"

There's a very intense look in those jade gems suddenly making the musician raise a brow.

" If this continues with him trying to interfere with us or talk nonsense to you, putting shadows of doubt in your head and still making you feel like you were at fault for a relationship that was doomed from the start, I will go after him myself. I don't like confrontation, I don't like to start trouble, but Kacchan, I won't run from it either, I'm not a pushover. If he chooses to continue, I'll show him that side of me."

Both blonde brows are now rose high as Katsuki hears his own heart hammering inside his chest.

Izuku had stolen Katsuki's attention the very first time he saw him at Jade, he had captivated his thoughts even when he hadn't wanted him to. He effortlessly seemed to work his way under his skin and seep into his veins and infiltrate a heart that was broken with betrayal. He constantly says and does things to surprise him and make a cold heart feel the whispers of warmth once again, at this moment those words of no-nonsense protection over him and their new relationship has his heart doing summer salts in his chest.

The blonde doesn't even let Izuku say anything else, he himself speaks not a word in the moment as he leans over and crashes his mouth to the surprised greenett.

The kiss is intense immediately, rough, because Katsuki is both of those things.

He holds the greenett's jaw in his hand tightly while he lets his mouth talk without words.

Izuku kisses back with the same fire of intensity, letting this blonde demon have his way into every hidden part of his mouth while he works his way into the caverns of his soul at the same time.

There's heat and electricity all pulsating at the same time and before he can get lost any further Katsuki pulls back both struggling for air.

There's a flush on fair skin but also one across a perfect blonde as Katsuki chuckles with his forehead resting on the others gently while he runs his thumb over freckles.

" Shit, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that with your head banged up. You ok?"

Izuku raises a brow still breathless from what he knows is the best kiss he's ever gotten in his life.

" Y-es, I'm...I'm fine but.. you have got to tell me what the heck it was I did or said to make you kiss me like that because I need to know so I can make sure I do it again. Oh my god."

Katsuki breaks into a deep laugh, the depth of the sound bouncing off Izuku's soft green walls.

" Shit I dunno, I got so swept up in how you were making me feel, I just acted on it. That was hot as fuck, I've never had someone who was protective over the relationship, it's always been me to be that way, and having you feel that way in return was a huge fucking turn-on. Like I said, you make me feel some kinda way Deku.", he says with a wink making the greenett's heart dance in his chest.

Izuku smiles showing his perfect teeth.

" I'm going to be protective over you, over us. I want to be sure this gets a chance to grow without some ex trying to step in and mess things up."

The blonde nods with a grin forming while he pulls his phone from his pocket.

" Speaking of hot. Why didn't you ever tell me you were a badass black belt?"

Izuku furrows his brow looking at the screen seeing the picture of himself. He blushes suddenly while a sheepish look takes over his features.

" Oh gosh, how did you get this?!"

Katsuki chuckles with a smirk.

" Pinky showed me. You're hot as fuck in this picture. I'm gonna get this shit blown up and framed I think, but seriously, why didn't you tell me?"

The greenett smiles with a shrug.

" I dunno, I wasn't hiding it or anything, it just never came up. Besides I'd rather brag about the hot musician I'm dating then myself.", he grins.

Katsuki laughs lightly.

" Yeah ok but damn I'll be sure to be bragging about it for you. What made you stop? Pinky said you were great at competitions and everything."

Izuku laughs lightly his eyes shifting to the floor.

" You might have been able to tell by now but I'm not all that crazy about being the center of attention, it gives me anxiety so when the competitions got bigger I got more uncomfortable and just decided that it wasn't for me, the competitive side anyway. I kept up with my training and use it for workouts but that's as far as it goes now and I'm ok with that"

There's a smirking blonde devil.

" I'm ok with it too since it gives you a body like this"

The greenett blushes and laughs smirking at the blonde.

" Ah now you know my secret power on how I get hot blonde singers to stick around. I lure them in with my nerdy charm then lock them in with my athletic kickboxing skills. All part of my evil plan to keep you invested in me."

Katsuki breaks into a laugh as he leans over and kisses the greenett softly this time.

" Yeah well, it's working for you nerd cause I'm definitely invested."

They talk a bit longer before the greenett is once again settled back against a strong chest.

Crimson eyes keep shifting down to his boyfriend who is laughing at something on a cheezy movie, the sight and sound make Katsuki smile without hardly noticing.

Izuku is everything he ever wanted in a relationship and he still finds it hard to believe this little hot as fuck shits ex let him go.

Words swimming in his head are out of his mouth suddenly.

" You're ex was a goddamn idiot."

Izuku scrunches his face at the suddenness of the comment while he turns the TV down shifting to see the blonde.

" What?"

" An idiot, your ex was a fucking idiot. To fuck around on someone like you and lose you? Guy must be fucking brain dead."

The greenett blinks up at him then smiles sheepish feeling his heart flutter with butterflies.

" Oh um. I guess he just wasn't sure what he wanted really. I was always more committed to the relationship I think. I wanted something and someone serious. He didn't at the time, tho I hear he's been faithful to the girl he's with now." , the greenett explains.

The blonde furrows an angry brow.

" You ever hear from him?"

The greenett shakes his head.

" No. I made a clean break. I don't want anything to do with someone who didn't want me and only me"

Katsuki nods.

" Exactly. Fuck him and that chick he went after. I'm not sure if I wanna punch him in the throat for hurting you or thank his stupid ass for fucking up so I could find you"

Izuku can't help but laugh at the comments, the sound makes the blonde smile with his own chuckle as he continues to speak.

"Fuck, I think I wanna do both, just thank him while I'm knocking his ass out"

The laughter in the room begins to grow back and forth between the two. The carefreeness of it is something Katsuki has been lacking for such a long time.

When the laughter calms down soft jade eyes meet crimson.

"As much as it hurt me at the time, as much as it put me through emotionally. I'm glad it worked out the way it did because if Shoto hadn't done what he did, I never would have moved and I never would have met you and started what we have going."

Katsuki feels his heart ache while he touches a soft green curl.

" Yeah, I'm beginning to understand that myself. All the bullshit I went through, meeting you, seeing the way you are, how a real partner should act, makes me see now just how unhappy and how wrong for me that fuck really was. I mean don't get me wrong, I know I'm still fucked up with some trust issues and shit but, I'm trying, I'm trying to be sure I don't mess this up because of what I went through. I .. I really don't wanna lose you even if it scares the fuck outta me"

Izuku leans in and places a loving kiss on the blondes mouth.

" Our broken roads lead us right where we needed to be, to each other. I'm not going anywhere rock star, not a chance."

A/N

The babies.

Watch it Sora... 👀

Our tale continues, stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30.2K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
208K 6.9K 31
Katsuki Bakugou has been a vampire now for well over a hundred years, turned when he was only twenty two years old. Now he's permanently stuck at th...
11.1K 221 18
🔞SMUT, college au. Drummer Katsuki rivals with Dancer Izuku who despise each other and their life choices. Katsuki seems to want to protect and negl...
27K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...