untouchable

By whatnothisisnotme

Origin story of "sa gitna ng ulan" (reading it first on my one-shot book is okay, but isn't a requirement). D... More

Preface and Dedication
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
14.2(? lol) [context on the gc sans y/n]
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

29

422 24 22
By whatnothisisnotme

Jill wakes up with a head-splitting hangover. She groans as she buries her face deeper on the pillows.

That's strange. It smells different. Even the fluff of the pillows feels different.

A brief moment of panic crosses her mind, then the flashbacks from last night comes crashing in. Oh right, she went out with workmates, blahblahblah, and you offered your place for her to stay.

Jill doesn't feel well but commands herself to slightly sit upright. She looks around the slightly dim room, all alone. What time is it? She looks for a clock on your nightstand, but finds her phone instead. That's better.

With squinted eyes, she unlocks her phone. Messages and missed calls from her family and friends, some notifications, spam texts, etc. Jill groans as she mentally takes note of checking it all later and replying once she's more conscious.

Wait, what time is it again? Jill completely missed her objective of checking her phone in the first place.

She turns her screen on once, 9:10. Ah, it's nine in the morning. Then goes back to lying sideways on the bed.

Nine in the morning! Jill slept that long? She jolts with a start this time combined with panic as she realizes she slept in. How embarrassing could she be to overstay her welcome! She ignores the pounding on her head from her sudden movement as she meticulously makes your bed. Crap, Jill actually liked lying there because the smell of the sheets is just oddly comforting, most probably because of the fact that it's yours. She draws the curtains open to let some natural light in. That's when she notices the still cold Pocari Sweat on the bedside table, a glass of water, and a softgel capsule.

Without further ado, Jill takes the medicine to aid her throbbing head and is thankful for the cold electrolyte drink for she's parched. She finished the whole bottle in one go. Jill slaps her cheeks to shake off the remnants of sleep, and takes some deep breaths to calm herself down. She won't lie, now that the liquid courage is gone, Jill immediately feels nervous and self-conscious.

Because what happened to being cautious? It's only been 2 weeks since she's back in your orbit and she already slept at your place? And even insisted to share the bed together? Jill pulls at her hair in frustration for her lack of self-control. Well, at least she didn't confess something huge, right? The events from last night are still blurry, but if she tries hard enough, Jill can recall.

"You'll be fine, Jill! Magkaibigan naman kayo ni Y/N, no need to panic!" She tries to peptalk herself.

Luckily, she was out cold instantly so Jill didn't have time overthinking her choices last night. But present Jill is now plagued by that. You win some, you lose some.

Jill can smell whatever it is you're cooking, and the grumbling of her stomach was shamefully loud she's so grateful she's all alone at the moment. Though before she could get out of the door, she perceives her yesterday clothes neatly folded on the chair. She picks it up, and it smells... fresh? It doesn't reek of alcohol, or sweat, or traces of her perfume. It smells like the fabric conditioner you always use on your sheets. You even carefully ironed it because it doesn't have any creases.

"Fuck, I told her last night not to wash it, pero she still did. How kulit can you get, Y/N?" Jill frustratedly asks no one while she's palming her face. You must have gotten up in the middle of the night to launder her clothes, but to also iron it? You're annoying! Jill is so annoyed of you... but she's also touched.

Now this is just embarrassing and endearing and you're even cooking breakfast? What a freaking perfect host! Jill now understands Shein's stories about how you're the caretaker of the group on wasted night outs.

With another sigh of exasperation, she timidly opens your door.

The noise snatched your attention away from the pan. "Uy! Good morning, Jill!" You greeted.

Jill genuinely smiles and pads over to the dining table. "Morning," she replies. The medicine has yet to take effect but she feels much better than when she woke.

You cheekily grinned. "'Musta hangover?"

"Ugh," Jill groans and runs a hand through her bed hair. "Not the worst I've had, but it's still bad."

You only laughed as you plate the egg you fried. Jill woke up just in time for you to get done. You almost opted into doing a breakfast in bed but you thought that would be too weird and intimate, so you figured you'd just wait for her to wake on her own. You made corned beef, sinangag, fried some hotdog, and of course, egg. You don't know what Jill would like so you kinda just cooked everything. Options.

"Tara, kain." You said as you serve the dishes.

Jill is overwhelmed and almost wanted to sarcastically ask, "Ano'ng okasyon?" but holds back her tongue. You're being a gracious host, and she should not disrespect that. This breakfast still feels like a feast, though. And damn, you fried the egg just the way she likes it: over easy with crispy edges. Jill tries hard not to blush.

"Sorry, andami kong niluto. Hindi ko kasi sure ano'ng gusto mo, e." You laughingly said.

"Honestly you've already done so much, but thanks a lot, Y/N." Jill sincerely replied.

"Naku, wala 'yon," you nonchalantly answered as you scoop some fried rice to put on her plate.

Jill steals your hold on the serving spoon with an amused look on her face. "I still have hands, Y/N. Masakit lang ulo ko, but I'm capable pa. Hindi mo na ako kelangang sandukan."

Her warm hands felt electrifying, and so you gave in. "Oh sige," you said before letting go of the spoon. You still scooped some corned beef for Jill though, but the younger woman paid no mind anymore.

The breakfast went on quietly, with just the occasional clicking of metal against ceramic the only sound. It's not awkward, it's even satisfying. The domesticity of the morning is comfortable.

"So I just wante—" "Nag-reply na pal—" You both started at the same time.

You both chuckled and signalled for Jill to go first.

She says, "Ayun nga, uhm, I just wanna thank you for being a great host. I truly appreciate it, Y/N." You only silently smiled in response so Jill continues, "But also, 'di ba I told you last night na 'wag nang labhan damit ko? You're so kulit!"

You giggled at being caught. "Ah, hehe. E kasi restless ako kagabi, e."

Jill's eyes widened at your answer, concerned and feeling guilty. "Hindi ka makatulog last night?" Was it because of me? Was I too malikot in my sleep? Was she uncomfortable to share the bed with me?

You can almost hear Jill's overthinking because of the expression on her eyes. It's so apparent. "Oo, pero hindi dahil sa'yo ha. Nakatulog naman ako nang maayos. Ano lang talaga, kapag nalipasan na ako ng antok... Parang nagiging kape na 'yung epekto ng alak sa'kin kaya ayun. Instead of tossing and turning last night and risk stirring you awake, naglaba na lang ako pampa-antok. Kaya kalma lang, hindi ikaw 'yung problema, Jill." You rambled.

Jill is still suspicious, though. She searches your eyes for signs of deception. "Are you telling the truth?"

You choked a little from air. "Oo nga! Bakit naman ako mag-sisinungaling? Seryoso ako, 'no." You sincerely answered. You're not lying so you're confident with yourself. "Pramis, bumalik ako sa higaan after ko magsampay. Cute mo nga matulog, e." You laughingly recalled the way Jill sleeps. She was softly snoring, definitely due to deep sleep. It was adorable, like watching a kitten nap.

Jill tries not to get distracted by your comment about her being a cute sleeper. "But if you really went back to bed after laundering my clothes, why was it ironed? And by the way, why did you iron it pa! You went above and beyond!"

You ignored her reprimanding tone. "Ah, kaninang umaga ko 'yon pinlantsa pagkagising ko. Nabagsak ko pa nga 'yung kabayo, e! Buti talaga hindi ka naalimpungatan sa ingay, hehe."

The math isn't adding up for Jill. You couldn't sleep last night then you woke up early? You're running on practically no sleep!

"Oh, preno muna. Baka nag-o-overthink ka na naman, teh. Nasa body clock ko kasi talagang gumising nang maaga kahit anong oras ako natulog o kahit gaano pa ako ka-puyat. Donchu worry, oks lang ako. 'Yun naman purpose ng kape."

Jill huffs in frustration. It's not okay, no matter how hardworking a person is, they still have to recuperate! They're still human!

"'Wag ka na mainis, Jill! Chill lang! It's the weekend naman so p'wede ako matulog nang buong araw to catch up on my sleep!" You playfully appeased her. Jill is still glaring at you, though. "Ba't nagagalit? Umagang-umaga oh!"

That slightly softened her glare, because you made a point. Why is she immensely irritated at you for not taking care of yourself?

No! You're manipulating her. Of course, you're her friend. It's natural for Jill to be worried of her friend's well-being!

"Can you blame me? Kaibigan mo 'ko, Y/N! Malamang mag-aalala ako sa'yo." Jill reacted.

You laughed, only increasing Jill's ire. "Oo na, oo na. Salamat sa pag-aalala, pero pangako. Oks lang talaga ako." You reached over the table to manually iron out Jill's frown with your hands. It's silly and childish, but maybe that could help. "Ano ba yarn, ang sungit-sungit naman. Magkaka-wrinkles ka niyan, sige!" You jokingly told her as you run your fingers along her brows.

Jill groans in protest.

When Jill tries to move her head around to get away from you, you held her jaw in place. The world seemingly slowed down to a halt for Jill.

There you are right in front of her, sporting an effortlessly charming and devilish grin, hypnotizing her as you're merely centimeters away. It's as if she unknowingly stared at Medusa and turned her into a stone statue before it registered to her. Jill stops breathing, she can hear on her ears how her heart lub-dubs, lub-dubs, lub-dubs loudly. She's fighting the urge to cast her gaze down your lips, could only stare at your mischievous eyes. Her stomach is fluttering wildly, goosebumps erupted on her nape, senses going into overdrive — common manifestations whenever Jill faces danger.

And at this very moment, danger is staring right back at her.

"Ayan," you said after what felt like eons for Jillian. "'Wag ka na sumimangot, 'di bagay sa'yo." You whispered as you continue to straighten her brows out with your thumbs, blissfully oblivious of your effect on the woman before you.

This also helped her break out of the spell you casted over her. The emotions in Jill's eyes shifted from being stunned to coming to a realization to feeling furious. She lets go of the utensils she's grasping to take your hands away from her face. A sharp suck of breath, and Jill slaps your forehead to shock you.

"Ouch!" You exclaimed as you nurse your forehead. "Grabe ka na, ansakit n'on! Ba't naman sa noo!"

Kulang pa 'yan sa ginawa mo! Jill thought in anger. "Ewan ko sa'yo!" The younger woman spat.

You looked at her in disbelief. "Kelan ka pa naging bayolente, Jillian Robredo? Amaccana!"

Jill rolled her eyes as she carries on eating her breakfast, still fuming. Para ka kasing tanga, Y/N. Nakaka-bwisit!

You poutingly rub the affected area on your forehead. "Nagbibiro lang naman ako. Ba't naman gan'on," you said like a defeated child. "Sumbong kita diyan kay Miss Aika," you mumbled under your breath.

Jill raises a brow as she scowls at you. You quickly retracted your statement because you didn't intend for her to hear that. You gulped. "Joke lang, joke lang! Bakit naman magsusumbong? Ano 'yon, bata? Hehe, ito naman si Jill hindi mabiro. Parang hindi tropa, e. Parang walang pinagsamahan, ay. Kasalanan ko nga rin naman. Makulit kasi ako." You rambled sheepishly.

The younger woman didn't react anymore, her mind is currently wandering. She attempts to forget what transpired earlier: how her heart thrashed against its cage, like a savage animal wanting to be let out; or how everything literally blurred, and the only vivid image was you; or how that stupid charming smile you had on your lips knocked the wind out of her. Jill wishes to be home now, and be far, far away from you.

Jill continued to stew in her own irritation until you spoke up again.

"Uy, pero anyway, speaking of Miss Aika..." You trailed off, have already moved on. "Nag-reply siya kanina sa'kin. Relieved daw siya na atlis ako kasama mo. Thought I'd let you know lang."

"Oh, right. I'll reply to her later after this." Jill replied. Gosh, she needs her phone right about now, and maybe ask her sister to come pick her up so she wouldn't have to commute with you.

But one discipline her Mama instilled to her is that whenever they're at the table, they should be present. No gadgets, or any other distractions. They have hectic schedules almost every day, and dining table conversations are their way to properly catch up with each other. Jill can't break out of that habit.

"Oks." You answered and went back to eating hotdog. You tried reading Jill's body language, on the look out for any signs of annoyance at you. You clear your throat. "Uhm, Jill?"

Jill just raises her brows in response, prompting you to continue.

"Ano, galit ka ba?" You timidly asked.

Jill paused on her chewing. Of course, you're not a mind reader, so you wouldn't know what kind of torture you put Jill through minutes ago. On the outside, it might even seem like Jill may have overreacted a little. But yes, she was mad. Now, it simmered down to exasperation. "Hindi ako galit."

You nod as you purse your lips. "Oks... Pero ano, sorry. I didn't mean to, uhm, offend you for touching your face. Hehe," you bashfully apologized with a grimace.

Jill is rendered speechless, flabbergasted. Were you aware of what you've done to her?

"De, kasi 'di ba. Gan'to naman talaga ako sa friends, e. Medyo komportable akong mang-invade ng personal space. Kaso ano, s'yempre. Iba ka..." You rambled.

Ha? Hatdog? Jill blinked once, twice.

"I mean, ano. Iba ka, kasi ano. S'yempre we've reconnected for two weeks pa lang, 'di ba. Tapos mostly professional pa relasyon natin. So, s'yempre kahit na may pinagsamahan na rin naman tayo noon ta's kilala mo ako paano umakto, ganern. Marami pa ring nagbago sa dalawang taon. I... Ang gusto ko lang sabihin ay wala akong consent mo on where to touch or if p'wede. 'Di ba? Gan'on... Gets mo ba?"

Ah, akala ko iba ako kasi... Wait, stop your wishful thinking, Jillian. But she does understand the point of what you're saying.

"Kasi hinawakan ko lang bigla mukha mo. I shouldn't have done that. Kahit na magkakilala tayo, I still should respect your boundaries. Kaya ayon, I understand why you went off on me. I deserved it. Kahit na for me ay friendly banter lang 'yon, magkaiba pa rin tayo ng perception. You might not be comfortable with me crossing your personal space out of the blue. So yeah, I'm sorry, Jill." You said.

"Uh, wow," Jill breathed out in fascination. "Hindi naman ako na-offend, but yeah. I appreciate your... uhm..." Jill breathily chuckles as she shakes her head. You're giving her a whiplash. You can go from annoying to admirable in a single second if you want to. Call that range. "You know, I don't really know anyone else who apologizes for touching my face outta nowhere. Like, I think that's normal naman if may established trust with each other? If I'm friends with them? Like, it's not like you did it maliciously. Tsaka we literally just slept beside each other last night. I don't know what else is more intimate than that? Touching my face is nothing compared to that, honestly."

"Ah, iba 'yon e. We mutually agreed to that last night. Pero me, touching your face... I did it unprovoked. And it showed. You had a visceral reaction sa ginawa ko. Kaya nag-so-sorry ako." You replied.

Oh, you sweet summer child, Jill thought. Her reaction wasn't because you offended her for crossing her boundaries, but because she was being entranced by you. How can Jill clarify without fully giving herself away? The fact that you're hellbent on taking accountability for something you thought you did, it's enough to make Jill feel guilty. Jill bites her lip in contemplation.

With a resigned sigh, Jill would just let you believe whatever it is you believe for now. "You're forgiven, Y/N. I don't mind you touching my face, nagulat lang talaga ako kanina." Jill replied, half-lying.

You suck in a breath through your teeth. You nod once before sincerely responding, "Oks. Pasensiya na ulit. At least I know your boundaries na. I'll be better."

Gosh, this is definitely the Y/N I knew. Jill only stares blankly at you, trying to comprehend the situation.

"Ay, tapos ano rin pala..." You trailed off again, sitting more upright to show your sincerity.

Meron ka pa bang "kasalanan"? Jill asked to herself, amused.

"Uhm, sorry din if nalilito ka sa treatment ko sa'yo. I know na I come off as cold and strict sa trabaho pero... Gan'on lang talaga ako kasi I can't afford any distractions. Medyo pressured lang din kasi ako. Pasensya ka na kung magulo ako." You apologized again.

You're still unsure whether Jill is aware she said that out loud last night on the pub restroom, but you felt the need to apologize for confusing her. The last thing you want is to make Jillian feel uneasy around you.

Jill sat there frozen, as her blood runs cold. Where is this apology coming from now? It's so random, but at the same time, not entirely. Did she accidentally blurt out something stupid on her drunken stupor?

"Pero gusto ko lang din sabihin sa'yo, Jill, na inside or outside work; whether I'm in my boss persona or not, I'm still your friend. Constant 'yon, hindi 'yon magbabago." You said.

The younger woman stares at you meaningfully. She's weirded out, and overwhelmed, and endeared, and...

"Uh, no, uhm. You don't have to apologize for that, Y/N! I'm... I totally get it. Dapat naman talagang i-separate ang professional sa personal affairs. Wala kang kasalanan." Jill finally replied.

You timidly nod as you smile tightlipped. "Okies. At least, mas oks na rin na klaro kahit papaano," you replied and stayed silent after, ending the discussion there.

Yes, this is indeed the Y/N she knew. The Y/N she fell so easily for, because of your stupid, caring, sensitive, lovable ways. But also, Jill knows better now. She won't fall anymore on your pa-fall tendencies, on how you're doing more than the bare minimum. You're just kind and friendly, that's all. You treat everyone like that, and Jill isn't any special. She knows better now, and the tricks won't work on her anymore.

"Anyway, uhm... Do you have plans today? I woke up late pa man din. Baka na-deskaril 'yung schedule mo because of me." Jill asked, sparking a new conversation.

You swallowed your food first before answering, "Ah, oo. Meron. Pero mamaya pa namang hapon 'yon, so no worries." Jill only nodded in reply. So, you smilingly asked again, "Nakatulog ka naman ba nang maayos?"

The woman before you smirked. "Uh-huh! If totoong nabagsak mo 'yong kabayo, I swear I didn't hear a noise. Tulog-mantika ako."

You chuckled. You're relieved at that. "Ayos 'yan. Deserve mong makabawi ng tulog. Buti hindi ka namahay."

Jill tilts her head, thinking, Your bed literally felt like home, so yeah, namahay ako. In a way. But her mouth said, "Uh-huh, buti na nga lang."

Then, the next few minutes were spent once more in easy domestic tranquility. Despite the previous incident, Jill kind of doesn't want this to end. This takes her back to when you forced her to eat dinner with you in Baguio on an emotionally tolling day, how you spent the night sitting beside each other, how her feelings for you increased tenfold.

Jill subtly shakes her head to erase these intrusive thoughts away. Being nostalgic over the past won't do her any good.

When breakfast is done, you both stood up to clear the table. The two of you narrowed your eyes at each other in challenge.

"Ako na rito, Jill."

"No, you already cooked breakfast for us. At least let me do this."

"Hindi nga! Ang kulit, e. Bisita ka. Dapat chillax ka lang."

"Gosh, Y/N. I'd eat my hand na talaga kung wala pa akong gagawin! Just give this to me."

"Weh, sampol nga ng pagkain ng kamay?"

"Gago!"

You laughed. "Namura pa nga ako!"

"Dali na kasi. You've done so much na! My mother would be livid kapag nalaman niyang nag-bubuhay prinsesa ako sa bahay ng iba!"

"E good thing wala si Madam dito! Edi 'di niya malalaman." You sassed.

Jill loudly groans in annoyance, making you giggle triumphantly. "Tawa-tawa ka diyan! I'm not letting this go. I will clear the table and I will wash the dishes!" The younger woman declares. Before you could rebut, she added in desperation, "Period, no erase, naka-padlock, tapon susi!"

The childish statement astonished you on your tracks, dropping your guard to which Jill took advantage on. Then you heartily laughed, holding your stomach as you wheeze. Jill rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. You've yet to recover from your fit that Jill's already done bussing the table.

"Hoy," you said, still a little out of breath. "Ikaw ha. Hindi ko in-expect 'yon. Ang galing mo r'on!" You continued in between chuckles while wiping the tears on your eyes. "Shaks, 'di ako maka-move on. Bakit hindi ko naisip 'yon. Sayang!"

It's just so shocking that Jill would resort to a pretty childish measure. That was real witty of her, props to Jill.

"At least nanalo ako," Jill arrogantly replied as she's doing the chore.

"Hays," you sighed and finally done laughing. "Oo na, panalo ka na. Pero ngayon lang! Pagbibigyan na kita, tsk. Kulit kasi."

Jill smirks. Now, you're lingering on the kitchen awkwardly, not knowing what to do with yourself. Jill could feel your presence from behind. "I can practically hear your thought process from over here, boss," she speaks. "I can do this on my own. Hindi naman gabundok ang hugasin."

You only tut.

Jill turns around briefly, her hands foamy with soap. "Why don't you go wash up na in the meantime kung wala kang magawa? Imbes na binabantayan mo 'ko dito."

You scoff. "Luh? Hindi kita binabantayan, 'no!" You reacted a little too defensively. You cross your arms as you look away from her because Jill is drilling you with her gaze. "Oo na!" You gave in and walk away in concession. You still continue to rant although your words fade away as your distance from Jill increases, "Ako pa nga pinapaalis sa sarili kong kusina. Wow, wala na pala akong karapatan dito ngayon."

Jill only chuckled while shaking her head. "Ang immature pa rin talaga," she comments to herself. But then again, Jill's own immature streak comes out when she's with you. She snorts as she recalls what she said in desperation to win as she rinses the sudsy plates in contentment.

"Oks ka na?" You asked Jill one last time once you're both ready to go.

Jill checks her purse before answering, "Yup."

You nod and usher her outside the door. When you're sure it's locked, you carried on walking with Jill.

Now that she's more sober, the younger woman observes the hallway. It's not too shabby, she's seen way worse apartment buildings than this in New York. It's not that crammed, as well. Maybe if things get more hectic on her work life, Jill might get a place in Makati soon. This building is promising for her. So, she wonders out loud, "Boss, how much 'yung unit mo?"

"Ah, 'yon? 15k a month, wala pa tubig at kuryente r'on. Pero sa totoo lang, steal na rin siya since malapit sa financial district, at medyo malaki 'yung unit kahit papaano," you answered.

"You didn't look for roommates?" Jill asked again. Your unit was indeed big enough to house at least two or three people.

"Dati may roommates ako. Pero hindi ko kinaya. Mas prefer ko talaga ang mapag-isa. Kaya 'yon, 'di baleng medyo mahal kasi ako lang umaako ng bayad sa rent at bills, atlis may peace ako." You smilingly replied. "Medyo okay na rin naman sa'kin 'yung gan'on. Tsaka hindi rin ako madalas mag-isa talaga. Lagi akong binubulabog nina Shein. Kaya enough na 'yung may apat na peste sa buhay ko, ayoko na dagdagan."

Jill giggles at the thought of your friends pestering you.

"Ba't ka pala napatanong? May balak ka bang kumuha ng place?" You asked as you're approaching the stairwell.

"Hmm... Yeah, I'm kinda considering. I'll see pa." Jill replies.

"Good luck sa paghahanap, if ever. P'wede rin ako magtanong sa admin dito if may empty unit kung sakaling oks 'tong building namin sa'yo. Pero medyo marami rin namang mas maayos at mura na apartment or condo sa gilid-gilid. Nag-stay lang din talaga ako rito dahil sa mga kapitbahay." You said.

Right on cue, a sweaty and out of breath middle-aged woman tugging along a heavy suitcase blocks your path. "Hayop kasi ngayon pa talaga nasira elevator amputa."

"Mamshie Myrna! Kaya pa? Need helps?" You laughingly greeted your neighbor.

"Uy, Y/N! Nandito ka pa pala." Myrna answered. "De, kaya ko naman. Workout din 'to." She huffingly said while flexing her arms. She then notices Jillian beside you. "Ay, iba rin! Ikaw ha! May inuuwi ka ng jowa diyan, bading! Congrats. Infair, ang ganda niya ha! Bagay kayo! Cute niyo." Myrna comments.

You and Jill were both stunned by the older woman's words. Jowa?

"Ay, ako pala si Mamshie Myrna. Ang familiar mo, pero nice to meet you!" She introduces herself to Jill, who has yet to recover from the observation. Jill only politely smiled, waiting for you to clarify or whatever, but you're still unmoving and speechless. "Sige, mga girls. Ingat kayo! Gora na kayo bago pa maabutan ng traffic." Myrna said before leaving the two of you at the stairs.

That's also when it dawns on you.

"Ay!" You exclaimed, but it's too late. Myrna is already out of sight. "Uhm, ano, uhh," you stuttered. You nervously chuckled and scratch the back of your head. "Pasensiya ka na kay Ate Myrna. I-klaro ko na lang siguro next time, hehe." You sheepishly said, eyes looking everywhere but Jill.

Jill only responded with a tightlipped smile as she nods.

Awkward.

Jill coughs a little. The noise woke you from your daydream.

"Ah, sige. Tara na." You said and lead the way.

Your mind is still reeling on what your neighbor said. "Bagay kayo"? "Cute niyo"? Mukha ba kaming magjowa ni Jill? Ang bano talaga ni Ate Myrna kahit kelan!

It's not that the idea of being "paired up" with Jill disgust you, it's actually an honor! But you're terrified of what Jill thinks! She might've find being coupled with you as a weird or a nauseating thought. Should you ask Jill what she feels, and reassure her that Myrna mostly says things without thinking twice? Or just let it slip, and forget that that ever happened, and try not to panic over a simple and dumb comment? Myrna's observation is making you feel hot all over, in a bad way. Why are you so affected? It's not true, right? It was just a dumb comment, it's nothing!

You're so deep in your headspace that you almost collided to a street light if it weren't for Jill pulling you to her just in time. You frowned in brief rage, then you realize Jill tightly holding you by the shirt.

"Y/N, are you okay?" She asks in genuine concern. "Muntik ka ng mabangga sa poste!"

Ah, you thought. "Sorry, may iniisip lang. Pasensiya na."

Jill sighs in relief. "Can you do that later na lang? Baka my reflexes can't save you in time sa susunod!"

That's when you take note of your closeness to Jillian. She's still holding your shirt, chin slightly tilted up as she stares at your eyes in worry, her lips look so plump and inviting.

Wait, no, why were you looking at Jill's lips?

You frantically nod and try to retract your face away from hers. "Oo, sorry ulit, Jill."

That sort of doused Jill's distress. Then she remembers where she is, so she lets go of your now wrinkled shirt and steps away from you. She mumbled a small "sorry" for creasing your top. That was what she could only reach in panic.

Awkward. Again.

"Okay!" You said, then points at the direction of the bus terminal. "Dito tayo pupunta. This time, titingin na 'ko sa dinadaanan ko."

Jill only follows silently.

Since it's a Saturday afternoon, the traffic isn't as heavy as it normally does. The queue for the bus is also not as long. You droned on and on about how Jill could commute home. You learned that their condo could be traveled by bus through the EDSA Carousel system, or by MRT. Then one trike or jeep. It's not that far, but the commute would be tedious on Friday nights.

You two opted to take the bus for now: Jill sits by the window and you by the aisle. There's not a lot of commuters at the moment, so the PUB is still a little empty.

"Now I know how to get home by public transpo. Thanks, boss." Jill tells you once the vehicle drives.

You smiled at that. "Welcome. At least makakatipid ka na sa susunod."

Then Myrna's words plague you again. You both walked out of your unit at the same time, and now you're travelling home together. Your neighbor's observation isn't totally unwarranted if you think about it. Do you really look like a cute couple together? Why are you still stuck on that?

Jill was asking you a question, but you didn't hear her again because you're busy overthinking. You have a faraway look on your eyes. Confused and a little worried, Jill lets you be. Perhaps it's a very personal and private matter, and Jill should not meddle.

The entire trip was spent in relative silence, not entirely unsettling, but also not comfortable. Fortunately, it was faster than expected. The usual 1 hour and more trip was reduced into 45 minutes due to moderate traffic.

You didn't have to actually accompany Jill to the trike terminal because it's sort of out of the way for you. But you made a promise and you won't break it now.

You're now in front of the condo building where Jill lives.

"Uhm, so thank you ulit, boss. For everything you've done for me, sa pag-alaga at pag-hatid." Jill said.

You're done scanning the tall building and returns your eyes to the younger woman. You grinned at her. "Sure, wala 'yon. Atlis nakauwi ka nang safe."

"Well, I would've ask you to come upstairs muna to maybe, uhm... I don't know, maybe catch up with Ate? Kaso you have plans, right? I've already disturbed you enough."

You wave your hand dismissively. "Naku, mamaya pa naman 'yon. Oks lang, Jill. Pero oo, next time na lang. Hindi ko rin naman talagang matatakasan 'yang Ate mo, e."

Jill smiles as she nods. "Anyway, how are you going to get home pala?"

"Ah, mga isa or dalawang jeep lang ako mula rito. Dalawang sakay din talaga ako kadalasan. Though usually sa East Ave. ako bumababa or sa Philippine Heart, tapos trike or jeep. Depende sa mood."

Jill mulls over what you said. "Wait, so mas napalayo ka pa ba sa pagsabay sa'kin?"

"Hindi! Actually parang mas mabilis nga yata 'tong ruta na 'to." You answered. Jill has that suspicious look on her eyes again. So with a chuckle, you reassured her, "Pramis, hindi talaga. Makakauwi pa rin ako, Jillian. 15 minutes away na lang ako mula rito."

"Sure?"

"Sure na sure." You replied.

Well, if you ever get lost, there's always taxi or Grab or people to ask for directions. Ironic, yeah.

"Okay, then. Thanks again, boss. Mag-iingat ka please."

"Sila mag-ingat sa'kin," you humored.

Jill huffs tiredly. "Be serious now."

"Oo nga, seryoso! 'To naman. Broad daylight oh, walang mangyayari sa'kin." You reassured her. "Anyways, paki-hi na lang ako kina Miss Aika at kay Madam."

"Alright. Please let me know kung nakauwi ka na." Jill requested.

"Pag-iisipan ko."

"Y/N!"

"Oo na nga! Ito hindi mabiro! Kanina ka pa high blood. Kalma lang." You joked.

"Ang isip-bata mo kasi, e!"

"Wow!" You said, surprised. "Ako pa? Sige, okay. Edi ako na 'yan." Then you remembered what's been keeping you occupied the whole travel. "Onga pala, Jill. Pasensiya ka na ulit kay Ate Myrna. 'Wag mo na isipin 'yon."

Jill blinks once, then recalls Ate Myrna's words. "Hindi ko naman iniisip," she nonchalantly replied.

Your mouth opened in an "ah!" expression, then your mouth shrugs. Okay, sana all siguro. You snap your fingers then shoot her your finger guns. "Goods 'yan."

Jill smiles.

"Oh siya, una na 'ko." You said. You then clear your throat. "Have a good rest of your weekend, Miss Robredo," you said in feign professional seriousness to pull her leg.

The younger woman snorts while slightly rolling her eyes. "You too, boss Y/N. I'll see you on Monday."

You nod professionally, but you can't keep it in anymore so you chuckled. You did a salute before walking backwards.

Jill tilts her head back in frustation. "Tumingin ka sa dinadaanan mo!"

You turn your head sideways to check for a while. "Ako bahala!" You arrogantly call out, then stumbles upon a garbage bin. You shamefully look around you to check who else saw besides Jill (and the guard). "Bigla lang siyang lumitaw. Hindi ko kasalanan."

Jill only shakes her head in disapproval, but is amused by your silliness. Parang tanga talaga.

You only laughingly waved for the last time before fully facing the road ahead of you. Jill smilingly watches until you turn the corner, disappearing out of her sight, before entering the lobby entrance.

While she's waiting for the elevator to get to the floor of their unit, Jill recollects everything that happened on the last 36 hours so far. If that's how you are as a boss, or as a friend, what more as a partner? How caring, considerate, and sensitive will you be? Will you dote on your partner, do everything in your power to keep them satisfied, go beyond your limits to ensure their security? What an insanely lucky person to be at the receiving end of your affections, whoever they would be.

You gave her a taste of how homey you could be, and Jill is afraid she'll keep searching for it.

"Pa-fall pa rin talaga after two years. But sorry ka, Y/N, I know better now." Jill says out loud before the elevator dinged, signalling she has arrived at their floor.

--

"Ano ba 'yan! Bakit kasi pinaalis mo?" JD irritatedly asked you.

It's Monday, and you and your friends agreed to meet up this lunch.

You held your chest as you slightly lean back. "Kasi trabaho niya 'yon?"

"E 'di ba ikaw boss niya? Ba't ka pumayag?" JD asked again.

"Pasensiya ka na Jason, ha. Utos kasi ng higher-ups? Tsaka ayun kasi nasa job description ni Jillian so kelangan niya talagang umalis for work business?" You defended.

"Tsk, kahit na. Imbes na kasama namin si bebe gorl right now. Hays, imbyerna!"

"Gusto mo ba 'kong umalis? P'wede naman, beh." You sassed with a roll of your eyes.

JD shooed you. "Go! Hindi ka welcome rito," he quipped. Then hugs you sideways. "Kimi lang! Dito ka muna kasi may chika kami, mars!"

"Tahimik ni Shein, ah. Anyare diyan?" You commented.

Your girl friend only purses her lips as she makes a zipper motion.

"Naku! Nananahimik si teh para hindi anchahin! Pero aanchahin pa rin naman yarn!" Sugi replied.

"Manahimik, Sugi. Parang ikaw wala kang kasalanan!" JD accused, this made Sugi purse his lips as well.

Your brows frowned in confusion at your friends' ambiguity. "Ano ba kasi meron! Mang-iintriga kayo ta's hindi naman magsasalita. Baliw ba kayo?"

"Sandali lang kasi, bading! Ito na nga. So, we have bad news, and even badder news." Aries speaks up this time, relaying the message.

"Grabe naman, wala bang magandang balita ngayong Lunes? Sige go, bad news muna." You answered.

"Ayorn nga, the bad news is... magre-resign na si babe." Aries sadly replied, leaning his head on his partner's shoulder.

"Hala weh? Bakit, Kuya Sugs?" You asked, astonished at the news.

"Traydor kasi siya! Parang ikaw!" JD blurts out.

Sugi lightly pushes JD's head. "Hindi, kasi ano. I think it's time to focus on my side hobby. Mas fulfilling talaga fashion designing for me tapos medyo dumarami na rin gigs ko. May regulars na rin. Sayang naman if hindi ko paninindigan. Mas masaya naman ako r'on."

Your heart swells in pride and happiness for your friend. He's an exceptional tailor, you've always wondered why Sugi won't hone his skills and talents on something he's passionate for. So you're really happy that the push he needed is finally here. "Hala, I'm so proud of you, Kuya Sugi! I say, deserb! Support ka namin diyan sa lahat ng endeavors mo! Best of luck!"

"Thanks, bebe. Pa-commission ka ulit ng more, more business suits! Chariz."

You chuckled. "Sige, ti'gnan ko pa. Parang may formal event kasi ulit sa company, 'di ko pa sure. Sabihan kita, mamshie." You replied and hugs him since he's beside you. "Hindi naman pala bad news, e! Mga timang. So, ano naman 'yang badder news na yarn?"

The three men chuckled amongst themselves, while you're frowning on your seat because you don't understand the inside joke. You shake your head in disapproval. "Kayo-kayo lang? Gusto ko rin makitawa, mga dzai."

JD waves his hands around to try to calm his laughters. "Sorry, sorry. Sige, ako na 'to. The badder news is... drum roll please."

Sugi and Aries did a drum roll with their fingers.

"Gustong ligawan ni Shein si Ella."

"Ha!?" You exclaimed in utter shock, your eyes widened at the extremely bizarre news. "What? Is? Going? Awn? May na-skip ba akong episodes? Shein Inocencio?"

Shein finally unzips her mouth this time. "Naur, because I can fix her."

Your guy friends laughed again, but you're still looking at Shein in disbelief, as though she grew two more heads. "Grabe, super unexpected 'to. The more you hate, the more you love talaga, 'no? Lakas mo trashtalkin si Ella dati tapos ngayon? Naur!"

"Enemies to lovers, 'no! Wala ka kay Shein! Very mother of her." JD commented.

"Naur, I swear, I can fix her. Alam mo, she's changed na kasi! Pramis, she's not so bad pala? I mean, okay pala siyang kausap? And she's better na talaga! I swear!" Shein explained.

You chuckled but you kinda get what your friend is saying. "True. I think mahahamig pa si Ella. Baby steps lang, pero hamigable pa. I believe in Shein's power. Baka bestie ko yarn!" You replied.

"See! She gets it! Only the baddies get it talaga. Labyu bestie so much." Shein said.

You two held hands in solidarity.

"Pero seryoso, paano? Akala ko ba walang gayuma mga binibigay ni Ella sa'kin? Mukhang na-hook ka beh ko. Ems." You asked.

"De, to be honest. Hindi ko rin sure paano nagsimula. Pero kasi alam mo 'yon, when I actually got to know her n'ong medyo nag-change na siya... Hindi ko rin alam talaga. Basta crush ko na lang siya! Tangina, weird I know, pero wala e."

You smiled in understanding. "You don't have to be sorry for feeling this way, beh kong nagayuma chars. Okay lang yarn. Hindi rin naman totally unbelievable na capable of change si Ella. Nakausap ko kasi siya n'ong last day ko, she's good. Medyo misguided siguro, but she's learning."

"Truth! I'm telling you I can fix her." Shein repeats again.

"Rehab center ka na pala?" Aries asked.

"Oo, for bad bitches only. Charot." Shein replied. "P'wede be! Teme ne keshe! Oo na, weird na ng choices ko sa buhay. Don't look at me na."

"Grabeng Lunes 'to." You laughingly said.

Now the discussion is diverted to something else.

"Anyways, nasa'n ka pala n'ong sweldo, gorl? Imbes na nomi sana tayo sa unit mo!" Shein asked you.

"Ah, lumabas ako kasama mga katrabaho. Wala akong choice, e. Nilibre kami in Ate Cess." You answered.

"Luh, parang ang galante ng Ate Cess na yarn sa mga kwento mo ha. Dapat tropahin ko na 'yan." JD said. "Pero mga katrabaho? Kasama si Jill?" He asked, brows raising up and down in a teasing manner.

"Oo, kasama si Jillian. Nakitulog nga siya n'ong Friday sa apartment ko, e. Late na kasi masyado para bumyahe pauwi sa Kyusi." You nonchalantly admitted.

This made all your friends stop on their tracks at your revelation. Then they all spoke all at once.

"Hoy, may pag-uwi?" "Lumalayag na ang barko?" "Tumatapang na mga manok ko?" "OMG, romcom yarn?"

"Mga bakla, one at a time lang, p'wede?" You tiredly asked.

Then JD shrieks as he slaps Shein in kilig, the woman only taking his violence. "Shuta, dalaga na si Y/N! Never thought I'd see the day." JD gushed.

The couple embraces each other while Sugi dramatically wipes an invisible tear in pride.

You look at your friends weirdly, then you scoff. "Para kayong mga baliw! Parang hindi naman ako nagpapatuloy sa apartment ko kapag may inuman? 'Di ba nga, kayo laging suki?"

"Bading! Kelangan ka muna naming gripuhan bago mo kami papasukin, shuta ka." JD rebuts.

You roll your eyes in annoyance. "Ang OA. Hindi naman ako madamot."

"Hindi naman namin sinasabing madamot ka. Pero kasi sobrang protective ka sa apartment mo. Kami lang yata pinapapasok mo diyan. Kahit mga katrabaho mo ngayon, ni isa yata wala pang nakakatapak sa loob! Hindi naman na sila others kung tutuusin. Sino nga 'yon? 'Yung Ethan ba 'yon? Pinauwi mo imbes na patulugin ng isang gabi sa unit mo! 'Kala mo ha. May resibo ako, teh!" Shein rambled.

"E s'yempre taga-Cubao lang 'yon si Ethan. Tsaka lalaki naman 'yon, kaya niya sarili niya! Hindi ako mag-aalaga ng lasing na lalaki." You defended.

Your gay friends said, "Ouch, pighati."

"Except kayo, mga baklita ko." You reassured them.

"E bakit si Danica? Beshie ko rin yorn. Taga-SJDM pa 'yon, pero hindi mo pinatuloy! Oha, oha!" Shein raises again.

"Kasi nag-insist siya na kaya niyang umuwi! Edi sige. Capable naman si Dani. Mas siga pa nga 'yon sa'kin." You replied.

"Weh?" Shein challenged. "Knowing Jill, panigurado nag-protesta 'yon. Pero it's definitely you who insisted na magpalipas na lang muna siya ng gabi kasi delikado at worried ka for her safety." She deduced.

Well...

"May favoritism si boss Y/N?" JD playfully asked.

"Tsk, ewan ko senyo. Wala akong favoritism. Ano naman kung pinatuloy ko nga si Jill at hindi sina Dani? Wala namang malisya 'yon."

Shein only narrows her eyes at you.

"Pero nilutuan mo ba siya ng breakfast?" Sugi asked this time.

"Oo." You replied.

This made the men dramatically gasp again. "OMG, samantalang kapag kami... Kanya-kanya, ganern!"

"E s'yempre hindi na kayo bisita lang, e. Mga punyeta na kayo."

"Grabe ka na sa'min!"

After a few beats of silence, Shein dares speaking again, with a scathing question. "Y/N, magpakatotoo ka nga. Crush mo si Jill, 'no?"

The out of the blue question made you stare at her in bewilderment. "Huh? Hindi, 'no! Dahil lang sa pinatulog ko si Jill sa unit ko, crush na agad? Edi ibig sabihin n'on crush ko rin kayo?"

"Daming sinabi. Oo o hindi lang naman. 'Di naman need ng essay, teh." Aries quipped.

"Tangina mo, Aries." You told him off.

Shein tilts her head at you, her eyes scrutinizing you. "Hindi mo talaga crush si Jill? Sigurado na?"

You return her gaze, trying to keep calm. "Hindi talaga. Sigurado ako." Her intimidation won't work on you right now.

The shorter woman kept staring at you for several more seconds, before shrugging. "Edi hindi. Sabi mo 'yan, e."

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Maybe Shein's intimidation still worked a little. You're not that nervous, though. You're pretty confident with your answer. You've been asked the same question before, and the answer is still the same.

Hindi ko crush si Jill, hindi ko magiging crush si Jill. Mas lalo ngayong katrabaho ko na siya.

Shein knowingly sips on her iced tea. She knows bullshit when she sees one, and right now you're full of it. But she'd let you be... for now. Shein will let this run its natural course, let you go insane once you make the realization yourself. She has always loved drama, the slow burn, but she wishes deep in her heart this won't end badly for the both of you.

And like last time, she's still rooting for Jill.

--

The first of May is on a Wednesday, and that means another monthly general meeting for your team. You're still at your office at the moment, trying to perfectly memorize the order of the meeting. Everyone is already waiting for you at the conference room. When you're content with what you've remembered so far, you made your way to the conference room. Chad informed you he already left your hot coffee there.

"Good morning, everyone!" You greeted as you enter the room.

"Good morning, boss!" Everyone greeted back. Two years in and you're still not used to being called that.

You scan the packed room. Your gaze briefly lingered on Jill, who's sitting beside Ethan. Ayos, duma-damoves na si mokong. Then sighs before facing the screen to commence the meeting.

40 minutes has passed and the technical goals of this meeting is already discussed, now it's talking about more personal team events.

"As you all know, people. May outing tayo next weekend." You said which made everyone cheer in place. You chuckled at the noise. "And actually, mas marami pa pala ang sasama kesa sa expected, 'no. Kaya 'yung 18-seater van lang sana, upgraded na into mini bus. Mas okay rin para more space at more comfortable."

An employee named Emman, raises her arm to ask, "Sino pa aside sa buong team ang sasama, bossing?"

"Si Ma'am Kara, 'yung head ng HR." You answered.

The room fell silent with some gasps being let out. This made you chuckle. "Kayo talaga. Issue kayo ha."

It's a universally-known fact that the HR department are usually the direct antithesis to unions, they have to side with the management after all. But so far, the HR department of this company are proven to be allies of the unions. Perhaps it helped that you're friendly to the head. Kindness really goes a long way.

Because at the end of the day, the HR department isn't the true enemy.

"Friend natin si Ma'am Kara. Bakit sa tingin niyo naa-approve mga leave niyo?" You asked the silent crowd.

"Kasi down bad si Ma'am Kara sa'yo?" Dani deadpanned, making everyone in the room laugh.

"Miss Palma, isang strike ka na lang talaga sa'kin." You emptily threatened, but you're keeping your lips from stretching into a smile. Ang gago talaga nito ni Danica, kahit kelan.

What she said wasn't completely false, that's why it's funny.

"Charot lang, mamsir!" Dani replied.

"Pero ayun na nga, ready na 'yung lodging, may mga drivers na rin, maggo-grocery na lang sina Ma'am Cess at Mister Prias a day before we leave. Ready na ba mga swimsuits niyo?" You smilingly asked.

Everyone hollered their affirmative. You chuckle. "Okay, pero alam niyo na rin naman ang hatian sa villas, 'di ba? Idi-distribute na lang ni Mister Prias 'yung listahan ng kung sino matutulog saan. I think nasa GC na yata?"

"Bossing, what if may mga mag-lampungan sa outing?" Gary playfully asked, eliciting chuckles.

You rolled your eyes at the question. "Ano pa ba'ng magagawa ko? Adults naman na tayo, you can keep yourselves in check. Pero please, don't traumatize anyone ha? Private trysts should be kept private. And safe sex please, if ever."

"Boss, walang gan'on!" Someone shouted.

"Ay sus! Maloloko niyo lahat, maliban sa'kin. May nahuli ako last year!" You answered. The memory brought chills to your spine.

Some people groaned in disgust, and some gasped in amusement.

"Oh siya, if wala ng questions. Meeting adjourned. Thanks everyone for your time." You said in dismissal, and the employees start filtering out of the conference room. They're all excitedly talking amongst themselves about the upcoming getaway.

Ethan and Jill are also conversing about something, and you could only watch as they walk out of the room together. You diverted your attention to your coffee as the room is finally quiet. Chad closes the laptop screen and fixes the folders of paperworks he has to bring back to your office. Your secretary observes you as you're leaning back on the comfortable swivel chair, eyes distant and unblinking.

"Dito ka muna, boss ma'am? Wala ka naman ng meeting today." Chad asked.

"Dito muna ako." You softly replied.

It's almost a month since Jill started working under you, and on the course of her time here, her relationship with Ethan seems to be growing steadier. The man really kept his word that he'd befriend Jillian before confessing his feelings for her. You've been seeing them always engrossed on an entertaining discussion during lunch, or work breaks, or on dead air during meetings.

"Oks ka lang ba?" Chad asks again, his free hand's on his hip.

"Oo naman." You answered with a confused frown.

Chad mouth shrugs. "Lately kasi parang ang tahimik mo."

You sigh heavily. "Marami lang iniisip na trabaho."

Your secretary accepts that answer for now. "Well, you're in luck, teh. Kasi malapit na outing. Makakapag-bakasyon ka na rin. Dasurv mo 'yung mag-swim-swim more than anyone."

You smile. "Lahat tayo deserve 'yon. We've all been working hard."

"Hay naku, pa-hamball pa rin kahit kelan. Balakajan. Sige na, lagay ko muna 'to sa desk mo, boss. See you mamaya sa lunch ha."

"Sure, salamat Chad." You gratefully said.

And so he leaves you on your solitude. You stayed there for you don't know how long, but the peace feels nice. You're thankful for small pockets of uneventful, boring hours like this on an always busy workday. You shut your eyes because you're overwhelmed and you don't even know why. Must be another one of those days.

Someone knocks on the heavy doors of the conference room, taking you out of your trance. No department is scheduled to use this room as far as you know. Before you could reply with a come in, someone pushes open the door.

"Hey! Sabi ni Sir Chad you're here. Just need to have this document signed, boss. I hope I'm not interrupting?" Jill sheepishly asked.

You give her a small smile. "Wala kang ini-interrupt. Ako lang mag-isa rito." You replied and took the papers from Jill's hands to skim through the document.

Jill only silently observes you as you're focused on the task at hand. Something has been bugging her though, and she can't keep it in anymore. "Can I ask as a friend?"

The bizarre question made you briefly look up at Jill. "Huh?" You responded before returning to reading.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Jill asked.

Now that completely made you pause. "Oo naman? Why's everyone asking me that?" You laughingly replied.

"Sorry. I can't get a hold of you kasi the past few weeks kaya medyo worried lang din ako." Jill answered.

You've been unconsciously avoiding her the past few weeks after that day you dropped her off home. You can blame it on heavy workload, but your backlogs have been taken care of two weeks ago. Your schedule is practically freer now, the meetings aren't crammed in just one day, it's spread out evenly. So you have more room to breathe in.

But how could you justify your pulling away from Jill?

"Ah, pasensiya na, Miss Robredo. Marami lang talagang inaasikaso." You coldly replied.

Bullshit.

"Hmm, understandable. I just hope you're not neglecting your needs." Jill answered.

"You don't have to worry about me." You said, and you're finally done with signing the papers, passing it to Jill. "You're doing great, Miss Robredo. Thank you." You said before standing up from your seat, and walking out of the room, leaving Jill alone there.

Uh, okay? Jill thought in confusion.

-------------

note: hi, if you got to this point, sorry again! :)

beach ep na kasi tayo next chapter (nuks lol jk). that would probably be another loooong chapter XD kaya need ko talaga i-cram 'yung mga dinagdag ko sa chapter na 'to. sorry ulit! i'll be more careful next time. :/

spoiler: the next one is also chapter 30... divide that by 2... ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
249K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
615K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
330K 9.9K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...