Dancing With The Stars

By DowntonWriter

Within 30 minutes, Norah was asleep. Within 20 minutes, Mary noticed. Within 10 minutes, they left. Within 5... More

Bates' POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV
Mary's POV
Norah's POV

Mary's POV

406 11 1
By DowntonWriter

Mary's POV:

Everyone chatted happily and sipped their wine, waiting for the clock to strike midnight.

Norah caught my eye, though. She was asleep in the corner, curled up into a tight ball on an old chair, nuzzled closely to Isis, our dog. I smiled. She has told me she'd wanted to stay awake past eleven, but it was only quarter past ten. I placed down my wine glass and glided over to her. Bates got there first, with Anna by his side.

"Thank you milady, but we're off now." He smiled.

"Why not stay? It's just a while longer. Norah can be moved to a bed, it won't cause a fuss." I offered.

I was very close with the Bates'. And besides, papa wouldn't be bothered by it. Norah was a darling girl; everyone loved her.

"Norah would be more comfortable in her own bed, milady. And Anna is a bit sleepy herself." Bates said.

"Oh, alright. Have a happy New Year, we'll see you all in the morning." I smiled.

But, I would not see them in the morning. In fact, I'd never see Mr and Mrs Bates ever again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
199K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
766K 28.4K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
634K 32.1K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...