Norah's POV

Norah's POV:

I sulked the whole car ride home. I refused to speak to mama; even though she begged to know why I was suddenly upset.

When we arrived home, I jumped out of the car, slammed the door, and stomped into the house. I gave George his train and hid the bunny under my bed. I changed my out from my dress (which happened to be quite itchy), and pulled on a simple light yellow one.

Pressing my ear against the door, I made sure nobody was in the hallway. I snuck out of my room, and slid down to the servants quarters.

"Hello, Norah." Daisy smiled as I walked into the kitchen.

My face lit up. I much preferred being downstairs with the people that were like me, rather than being upstairs with people I was forced be like.

"Daisy, could I help?" I pleaded.

"Yes, come over here. We can make the biscuits for Master George, Miss Sybbie, Miss Marigold, and yourself."

I sighed, blowing my bangs out of my eyes.

"I don't like being a part of them," I explained, rolling out some dough, "I miss it down here."

"Do you really?" She asked, pulling out the flour, "I'd enjoy it, I think. You've got people to wait on you hand and foot, and their all so kind upstairs."

"No their not." I huffed, "Mama was nice to me for a week, and now she barely even acknowledges George and I. We spend all of our time with the nanny, even Marigold and Sybbie are busier than I. It isn't fair!"

I felt Daisy's eyes watching me in shock.

"Is it really like that?" She asked after a few moments.

"Yes," I said, my lip quivering, "I miss my parents."

Tears dropped off of my cheeks onto the table. I heard myself crying quietly. I stepped down from the small wooden stool I was standing on, and walked out to the sitting area. I sat on papa's favourite chair and sobbed.

I heard the familiar sound of heels walking down the stairs.

Great, I thought, Now she's come looking for me.

The sound of heels came into the sitting room.

"Go away, please." I sniffled.

"Well that's no way to greet Your aunt." Aunt Edith's voice spoke.

Slowly, my head rose. My hands wiped away the tricking tears on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."

Aunt Edith smiled sadly and sat across from me.

"Is it that bad living with us?" She asked.

I hesitated to answer.

"Oh, I don't know!" I cried out," I like it, but I don't like mama. She is never there for me or George. She doesn't care. It's very hard to act like one of you, when I'm not. But I love you, and granny and grandpa, and everyone else. You are all very kind to me."

"I'm going to fix this." She whispered.

"What? How?" I asked, baffled.

"We're all off on vacation soon. All of us; it's a family trip. I'll convince papa to not bring any nannies. Sybbie will be with Tom, Marigold with me, and George and yourself with Mary. It will be like family bonding time. She can't leave you alone in front of everyone, you and George are her responsibilities. We will be out on vacation for 2 weeks; long enough for her to realize what she's missing out."
Aunt Edith explained.

I took it all in.

"Do you really think this will work?" I asked.

"I hope so."