Mary's POV

Mary's POV:

"And where do you think you were going?" I demanded, pulling Norah by the arm back to the house.

"I was-ow!-trying to-ouch!-get away from-owwww!-you!" She yelled.

I continued to yank her into the house and march her down the hall.

"Owwww! Could you please let go of me?" She pleaded.

I kept a firm grip on her arm, but loosened it a bit.

"You will go up to your room, pack your things into a case, put on a coat and hat, and march back down here ready to go on vacation with a smile on your face." I ordered.

She stood there giving me a death stare.

"Now." I said between clenched teeth.

"And you will begin to treat me like someone you love, let go of my arm, March into the sitting room and wait for me with a smile on your face." She snapped back.

She turned around and stomped all the way down he hall and up the stairs.

I sighed and flopped down onto a chair.
My hand rubbed my stomach; I was beginning to show slightly.

I was a mess. I couldn't take care of George. I didn't even know who this Norah was. The Norah that I knew was happy, bubbly and kind. She always smiled. Always laughed. Never cried. Who was the Norah I had now? She was angry, disrespectful, and most of all, sad.

Edith's words began to sink into my head. I was a horrible mother.