Norah's POV

Norah's POV:

5 days later

Mama woke me my shaking me. I flipped over onto my side.

"Come on Norah. We're the first ones up!" She said enthusiastically.

"It's still dark out." I mumbled, overtired.

"Get up, I want to do something." She said, pulling the covers off.

"Then go do it," I yawned, "I'm going back to sleep."

She grabbed my shoulders and sat me up. I unhappily opened my eyes and glared at her.

"What are you doing?" I asked snappily. I was still unhappy with her.

"Do not use that tone with me," she said sternly, taking a deep breath. A smile plastered across her face. "Now come on. We're going to do something fun."

I sighed and pulled on my slippers and housecoat. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. The wall clock read 5:30am.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes and sat down on a stool. I leaned on the counter and wearily watched her pull out ingredients for breakfast.

"It's too early." I mumbled again, fighting sleep.

Mama sensed I was falling asleep on the counter. She took a handful of flour and splattered it in my face. I jolted back, nearly falling off of my stool. I was awake now.

"Hey!" I cried, "What was that for!?"

She keeled over laughing.

"It isn't funny!" I said, trying not to smile.

She turned around and pulled out a mixing bowl. I smiled slyly as a scooped a handful of flour into my hand. My giggling made her turn around.

I threw the flour into her face and fell to the ground laughing. She laughed as she rubbed the flour out of her eyes.

"It's on!" She cried.

I hopped up and hid behind the table. My hands were filled with flour, and she had mounds of baking powder in hers. She threw it at me, but it missed and hit the chairs. I blew all of the flour into her face and laughed even harder. Our vacation house was being destroyed by a flour fight.

I heard feet pounding down the stairs. We both looked at each other. I stay hidden under the table as she stood up quickly and wiped her hands.

"What is going on?" Grandpapa questioned.

"Just...um...making some breakfast...?" Mama mumbled.

I laughed so hard that I snorted, which made me laugh even harder. He glanced over in my direction, but I was hidden, so he didn't see me. Aunt Edith came down yawning with a sleeping Marigold in her arms.

"Mary?" She said, baffled.

"Yes?"

"....What on earth?"

"Norah and I were just making breakfast."

"Where is Norah?"

"Over there," she said, pointing to the table, "she's hiding."

"The girl you are looking for has fled the scene. Please leave a note." I said in a robotic voice, smile spreading across my face.

It felt like old times.

Dancing With The Starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें