Norah's POV

Norah's POV:

Over the next few days, mama paid more attention to George and I. On Thursday, we spent the whole day together. She took me to town for an ice cream, and a long walk through the park.

"What flavour, Norah?" She asked me, pointing to the ice cream parlour.

"Chocolate, please." I answered. I smiled to myself. Chocolate was my real mummy's favourite flavour.

She paid for the ice cream, and we found a seat outside. We chatted for a few moments.

"How is Mr Welch?" She asked.

I sighed.

"He isn't a very good tutor. He only teaches me the very boring things, and he smells like a rotten egg." I explained.

Mama laughed.

"Shall we search for for a new tutor?"

"Most likely. I like him, but not enough to keep him as my tutor. He's very old and cannot see very well." I giggled.

She smiled at me and gazed out the window. Her eyes widened.

"Norah, could you go across the road and purchase a new toy for George?" She said hastily.

"But-" I got cut off.

"Here is some money, go." She said, panicked.

I uneasily took the money from her and slid it in my pocket. I stumbled out the door and across the street, walking into the toy shop. The shop was huge, with elaborate toys everywhere. I wondered around the magical store, momentarily forgetting her panic.

I chose out a wonderful red wooden train for George. It had little people inside of it, riding the train. I had money left over. I walked over to the baby items hesitantly, not knowing whether I wanted to get something for the new baby or not. I picked up a plush lamb. It was soft and fluffy; perfect for a baby.

I paid the man at the front, and walked out with the little bag. I crossed the street, but stopped in my tracks. Angry tears welled in my eyes. Mama was sat at the table where we were, kissing a man.

She was kissing Tony Gilligham.