Ultimate scapegoat (DanganRo...

By Kakirihazuri

Y/n is the average high school kid with a talent unlike most other. He is called the ultimate scapegoat for h... More

Invite to Hopes Peak
The new teacher
Chaos and Class Rep
The Project and The'Ultimate' Little Sister
Ultimate Replacement
The Exams/ Enter Kamukura
Baby Gangsta's Little Sis.
Fall Festivities, Part 1: School festival announcement
Fall Festivities, Part 2: Preparation and Procrastination
Fall Festivities part 3: School festival problems
The ultimate hope meets the warriors of hope
Protecting Hope part 1
Protecting Hope Part 2
Protecting Hope Part 3
Protecting Hope Part 4
A Little Ultimate Chaos
Seasons change festival date
Chiaki's Christmas Party
New years events
The New Students
Helping out the Student Council
The Despair Sisters
Speaking with Mukuro and Missing student
Despair
The end of the beginning
Monokuma
Motive
Trial and Terror
Second Floor, Second Motive
Trail 2
To Another Motive
An Upset Brother
A Filler Chapter
The end of the killing game
Future Foundation
Towa City
Gathering the Party: Part 1
Gathering the Party: Part 2
Gathering the Party: Part 3
Towa Tower
An Emergency Signal
Picking Up What Remains
Neo World program
Beef or Chicken?
We're Doing A Sequal
Leaders and Bombshells
Spending a bit of free time
Motive Seems Redundant
More Free Time Before We get This Party Started.
Investigation Thyme
Cooking Up a Trial

A Little Party Never Killed Nobody...

1.5K 38 7
By Kakirihazuri

Y/n's Pov

I had been walking around the island until late into the evening. Monomi had left to go do something on her own, which left me alone at the beach. After a moment of being alone, I decided to check on what Nagito was doing, so I headed to the old hotel building. When I stepped inside the building, it didn't look bad, more like an old cabin. I walked down the hall until I passed the bathroom and reached the doors that lead to the main room. When I got there, Teruteru was quickly walking towards the kitchen. I frowned a bit and entered the room to see if anything was wrong. Inside, Nagito was placing a lamp on top of a table. He looked over at me and smiled "Hello Kamukura, what brings you here? I haven't quite finished cleaning up so forgive me for the mess." I looked around the room "It's not that bad, I'm kind of surprised you've done this much by yourself." He chuckled and scratched the back of his head "I've mainly been focusing on the halls and this main room." I nodded "So, why was Teruteru in here?" Nagito kept a straight face as he answered "We were just having a little talk. It was nothing important, just me giving him a bit of encouragement." Something about that seemed sketchy, but I decided to leave it be. I spoke with Nagito for a bit longer and helped him with some cleaning. After finishing with the main room we moved on to an office room. When we entered, there was a step ladder leading up to a fuse box that was high on the wall. Nagito went over to that first and folded it, moving it out of the room. I watched as he left, noting that the step ladder seemed to be something new, not something you would normally find in an old building like this. When Nagito came back into the room I spoke "That step ladder looked rather new" Nagito looked at me and smiled "ah, yeah. When I first got in here the power was off so I brought that to turn on the fuse." I stared at him for a moment, it was a good enough reason so I left it alone.

We spent a short amount of time cleaning the office room before Nagito thanked me for helping and left the building. Since he left, I decided to check on Teruteru. I walked into the kitchen and saw Teruteru cooking with every burner, hotplate, and oven in the kitchen. Through all of the noises, I could hear him faintly mumbling about something, but I couldn't understand anything that came out of his mouth. Seeing that he was so focused on his cooking, I decided to leave him alone.  I started heading out Until I bumped into Twogami. He glared at me and crossed his arms "What do you think you are doing here?" I stared at him "I was helping Nagito clean a little." He scoffed "I thought it was agreed that he would be cleaning by himself" I rolled my eyes "No, it was agreed that he would be cleaning, not that he wouldn't be able to get any help." he sneered "That defeats the purpose of the lottery we did" I stared blankly at him "No, it diminishes the punishment for the lottery, not the lottery itself" he clenched his fist "That's the same thing!" I shook my head "no, it's not." He glared intensely, scoffing before deciding to push past me instead of arguing. I rolled my eyes again and walked away. I saw Twogami setting something up near the entrance as I left, but I figured it was just him doing something for the party. 

I had some time to spare so I decided to head back to my cabin for a little. When I got there, I found that my door was unlocked. I frowned and opened the door slowly, just in case something was in there. There was in fact something in there. Shirokuma was on my bed sniffing the pillows, Kurokuma was in my underwear drawer, Monomi was tied up to the ceiling fan with my tie collection, Hiyoko was using the full body mirror to tie her kimono sash, Sonia was searching the bookshelves with a strange expression, Peko was looking over the swords collection that was supposed to be hidden in the closet, Ibuki was looking under my bed complaining about a lack of 'mags', Mahiru was looking through a photo album, Chiaki was sitting in the corner surrounded by all my games, and Mikan was looking at the physical therapy equipment that I had in a box in my closet. I did what any sensible person should do, and slowly closed the door, backing away slowly before deciding that the hotel lobby would be a much better place to kill time. When I got there, I saw monokuma sulking by a foosball table. 

I walked over to the seating area and sat down, then monokuma approached and laid down on the lounge sofa, beginning to talk like I was his therapist. "All the girls left me out of the fun. First leaving me out of baking, then out of girl time, then gossip hang out, and now they've left me out of breaking into Kamukura's room. I'm stuck out here on my own while they are in there touching my Kamukura's things" I sighed and spoke up "You're not a girl. and why were they even in my room" Monokuma sat up and stared at me "Hiyoko wanted to use your mirror to put her clothes on properly, and the other girls were talking about stuff that they didn't have in regard to their girly activities? Then that evil Monomi let it slip that you had stuff similar to what they were talking about." I sighed again and rubbed my forehead "I'm guessing Ibuki jumped on the opportunity to snoop around my room, Sonia wanted to see what a typical Japanese boy's room might look like, and Mikan came along because she didn't want to be left out?" Monokuma let out his weird laugh "Spot on, Detective Kamukura! your prize is one big smooch from yours truly!" I glared at monokuma "I'd rather kiss a tiger." Monokuma was silent for a while before disappearing and leaving me to silence. The silence lasted until the monitor in the corner turned on and played the nighttime announcement.

I headed out of the hotel lobby to see Mikan standing outside by the pool, staring at the hotel building nervously. Nearby was Peko frowning about something. I took one step out of the building and watched as Hajime appeared outside his cottage door, glided across the area, and talked with each person before heading into the old hotel building. I blinked my eyes a few times before deciding to ignore that and walked up to Mikan. "hey, you feeling okay?" She let out a noise of shock and looked at me with a nervous expression "H-hi. I've never been invited to a class party before. I'm excited..." I nodded "Why don't you head on in then?" She pressed her index fingers together "I wouldn't want to show up before anyone else and make them upset." I frowned and pat her head "You don't have to worry about that here. You're part of the collective, and a friend" She smiled and giggled a bit "Th-thank you for accepting someone like me as a friend." She immediately stopped smiling "ah! Sorry for laughing, I wasn't laughing at you or anything. I'll apologize however you want! E-even if you want me to get on all fours and apologize like a dog" I frowned and flicked her forehead "Bad Mikan, never apologize for being happy" She rubbed her forehead "b-but I wasn't given permission to be happy in front of you" I sighed and looked into her eyes "Mikan, you can act however you want in from of me. laugh, cry, smile, get upset. you don't need permission. understood" She stood straight and stiff "Y-yes sir. ah, do you want me to call you sir? w-would you prefer master?" I flicked her forehead again "Just call me Y/n. no need for formalities." She blushed a bit and nodded "I've never been on a first-name basis with anyone" I sighed and shook my head "you really need more good friends. and therapy. lots of therapy." 

After a little more talk, I convinced her to head into the building without waiting for anyone else. When we got inside, Twogami stood there with crossed arms. "You're finally here. Stand up straight and raise your arms" Mikan immediately did as told. I frowned and stared blankly at him "Why" He scoffs and looked down at me "I'm performing a search on everyone to make sure no contraband items get brought into this party." Mikan speaks up "A-are you going to have us take off our clothes?" I sighed and facepalmed. Twogami looked at her "no. I'm going to pat you down to make sure there is nothing concealed on your person." he quickly did a search of Mikan, even checking the bandages she has wrapped on herself. After he finished with her he looked at me. "Tie pin, metal hair band, and that childish character badge. take them off." I glared at him "I am not going to be taking off any of those" He glared back at me "I am confiscating any items that can be used as weapons. hand them over now." I pointed at my tie "I could kill you with this necktie faster than I could kill you with the 8th-inch tie pin or the Gala Omega pin badge. This hair band is the only one I have, so I'm not just going to hand it over." he pushed his glasses up "very well, Hand over your tie as well."

 I stared at him in disbelief before responding "no" he sneered "if you don't hand them over, then you won't be going to the party" I rolled my eyes "Then I'll just leave and go to bed" he spoke again "Attendance to this party is mandatory." I stared at him "Glasses, collar pin, necktie, and tacky overcoat. are you going to remove those potential weapons from your person as well?" He pushed up his glasses again "I am the leader, therefore I have special privileges. Which should be expected from someone of my standing." I rolled my eyes again "Please, we both know that you aren't that guy. so trying to act high and mighty in front of me won't work. It definitely didn't work for him either. Now either you let me through with the basic additions to my clothes, or I'll just have one of the stupid bears show up to crash this pity party of yours." He scoffs and stared at me "At least hand over the hair tie then" I sighed and took off the metal hair band, causing my hair to go down and all over. He took the hairband and put hit in the box before patting me down. Of course, the only thing he found in my suit was my Ehandbook, so he let me through. 

After getting inside I headed down the hall toward the main room. It seemed like no one was in the halls, so I headed into the main room. Inside, there were many small groups that had formed. Hajime was talking with Komeda about something. Akane, Gunham, and Kazuichi were eyeing the food set up on the table. Chiaki was in the corner playing on her handheld while Mahiru stood by her setting up her camera. I stood over by a table and looked around the room. The back wall had iron slates covering where the windows should be, the carpet didn't quite cover the whole floor, there was a table I noticed someone standing next to me so I looked over and saw Hiyoko. She was complaining about stuff up until a voice speaks loudly into the room "Thank you all for coming." Twogami stepped in and looked around before continuing "Teruteru is in the kitchen, and... it appears Fuyuhiko didn't come." Peko looked down "I apologize. I told him about it, but..." Mahiru pat her back and spoke "It's not your fault " Twogami crossed his arms "I explicitly mentioned that attendance was mandatory, and he still didn't show. It's fine. If it's just him then it won't pose a problem... he won't be able to do anything if he's not here." Peko looked at him "What do you mean by that?"

Twogami ignored her as he looked at the food "More importantly. What is that" He stomped over to the table and pointed at some kabobs before grabbing onto them and starting to eat them quickly and messily. Akane shouted out "You're hogging all the food! no fair!" He continued to eat quickly, speaking even while stuffing his face "No, I'm not" Mahiru spoke up "I don't care what you say, you're totally pigging out!" He continued anyways "I'm telling you, that's not what I'm doing. Look carefully at this dish." Nekomaru crossed his arms "Looks like delicious roasted meat." I sighed "He's probably referring to the meat skewers." He finished eating them "That's right. these iron skewers are definitely dangerous. I must take full responsibility and collect them" I stared at the skewers "I mean, they are about as long as a fencing sword. so I guess they are dangerous." 

Teruteru entered the room after he said that, bringing more dishes with him. "Heeey, looks like everyone's here! I should bring out the rest of the..." He stared at the food that he already had set up and started panicking "Whaaa!? Some messy eater ruined my arrangement!" Twogami pushed up his glasses up "Who made this dish?" Teruteru looked at him "th-that would be me, but... um... are you a food critic?" Twogami stood over him "What are you plotting? Cooking with such dangerous items" I sighed "does he even know how cooking works?" Teruteru tried to explain why he used the skewers, but Twogami still had a problem with that. Teruteru reacted negatively so Twogami decided there might be more hazards in the kitchen. He looked at the door "hey, Hajime, come with me, I need your help" Hajime looked shocked "why me?!" Kazuichi scratched the back of his head "You're fault for standing too close to you. My condolences." Hajime left following Twogami. Once they were gone teruteru put the food that he brought and started heading back to the kitchen himself. As soon as they were gone people went back to what they were doing before. Hiyoko crossed her arms and spoke up "Ham hands is so pushy, and gross. He was getting all grabby with me earlier." I looked down at her "You mean the body search right?" She crossed her arms "Yeah, well I thought he was being extra frisky with me." I sighed and pat her head "you can be such a brat sometimes" She looked at me and huffed "I'm not a brat" 

After a while, Hajime and Twogami came back in. Immediately Akane spoke up "Can I start eating now, I'm starving!" Twogami crossed his arms "No, there is still one important thing we must address." Akane cracked her knuckles "What is it? Who do I get to beat up?" Twogami shook his head "that won't be necessary. We need to discuss how to safeguard this case." Peko spoke up "In that case, I could watch over the case to prevent anyone from taking it." Twogami nodded "that's the how. Now where." Sonia pipes up "How about the storage room in the back?" Nagito immediately speaks up "Ah, that's not a very good idea, I didn't get to clean that back room so it's still all messy. I suggest using the office instead, the circuit breaker is in that room as well so we'd be protecting 2 things at once." I looked at Nagito for a moment "Hmm.. you seem to be making a lot of the decisions today, if I didn't know better I'd think this party was your idea." Nagito let out a strange chuckle "That's nonsense, this was Byukuya's idea, I'm not nearly good enough to come up with an idea so befitting of an ultimate like him." I could only hum in response. 

Peko took the case from Byukuya and left for the office, after which Hiyoko spoke up "huh, shouldn't she take that other case you have as well?" Twogami crossed his arms "this case is fine" Hiyoko scoffed a bit "That's weird, why are you allowed to keep something like that while all the rest of us don't." Twogami looked down at her with a sneer "When you're as special as me, you get special privileges." I muttered, "Yeah, like parking spaces closer to the entrance of buildings, seats at the front of the bus, and electric carts at supermarkets." Hiyoko snickered and Mahiru smacked the back of my head "Jeez, Is Hiyoko rubbing off on you?" I rubbed the back of my head and rolled my eyes as Twogami speaks again "This duralumin case stays with me at all times. I've also taken the liberty of putting the key to the other case in this one" I raised an eyebrow a bit "Isn't that a bad idea to mention something like that?" He glared at me "I'd like to see anyone try to take this from me." I wasn't going to mention that I could have probably taken the key already if I wanted to. 

After a short silence, Akane spoke "More importantly, can we start this party already, I'm hungry." Twogami presumed the pretentious pose "No, there's still more." Akane balled her hand into a fist "Tell me who I've got to beat up already so I can eat already!" Hajime frowned and spoke "I don't think that's what he means" Twogami struck a thinking pose for a moment "actually... if you're volunteering, there is one pest I'd like to get rid of" Hajime looked at him "ah... you mean, monokuma right?" Twogami took a moment before nodding "Yeah, we need a way to keep those bears away from this party." Chiaki spoke up "I could take care of that, I think" I looked down at her "Going to enlist Monomi's help I'm guessing?" Chiaki nodded "yeah, she seems to be really easy to trick" Twogami nodded "Very well. That will settle that." Akane spoke up once more "So we can start now right? I can start eating?" Kazuichi let out a noise of shock "You've already started eating!"

 Just like that, the party started. Akane wolfed down food like there wouldn't be any food tomorrow. Ibuki cheered on Akane, Mahiru took pictures of everyone, Nagito stood by the wall smiling, Hiyoko stood next to me complaining about everyone, and of course, the chaos started. Gunham lost one of his earrings and began panicking, Nekomaru needed to take a shit but apparently, the bathroom was full and no one was allowed to leave the party building, Akane was trying to eat the entirety of the buffet, all while Twogami was attempting to calm everything down. As everything seemed to be devolving further, a loud beep rang through the room and suddenly everything went pitch black. 

Immediately, someone hugged onto my arm. based on how it was only the lower arm, it was Hiyoko. Akane's voice rang out "What's going on here!" then Kazuichi "It's a blackout!" Hajime spoke timidly "Everyone, we need to stay calm." Teruteru's voice came from somewhere nearby, slightly muffled "what's going on?! the blackout isn't just in the kitchen" Twogami raised his voice "What's going on here!" I heard the sound of footsteps approaching near me. Mahiru spoke "Hey! Who stepped on my foot!" a breeze passed by me and Twogami spoke again "T-this is!" Nagito's voice came next "H-hey! ow!"  Then something pushed into me, knocking me and Hiyoko over. I pulled Hiyoko over me to soften the impact for her. when I hit the ground, I felt 3 weights on me. Hiyoko was on one side of me with my arm over her, someone else landed on the other side of me, and something was pinning my leg down. I heard a strange noise coming from whatever was holding my leg down, and I felt the sharp pain of something stabbing into my leg. I let out a hiss from the pain before the lights in the room turned back on. 

When the lights turned on, immediately people began reacting. Mahiru being the first to speak up "Is everyone okay?" A few confirmations were made before Mikan let out a shriek. There was a small commotion as people rushed over to her, apparently, she had fallen over again. Hiyoko used the opportunity to get off me without anyone noticing that she was even on me at the time. I tried to move my leg but it wouldn't budge, so I looked at the other weight that was holding me down. There was Nagito Komeda, who slowly got off me and spoke "ah, forgive me for landing on you. Someone like me shouldn't burden you" His speaking brought attention to me. Kazuichi was the first to speak "Hey man, what are you doing on the floor? get up already." I frowned and spoke, "I can't, something is pinning my leg down." I sat up and looked towards my leg, seeing that it was under the table. I tried pulling it out again but it wouldn't budge. Then Nekomaru spoke "Where'd Byuakuya go?" Mahiru spoke up "yeah, he isn't here. I could've sworn I saw him before the blackout" I felt a bit of dread well up as I reached forward and threw the tablecloth in front of me out of the way. My leg was stuck under the chest of Twogami. Who weakly turned to look towards me and tried to speak. No words came out, but what I could interpret from reading his lips was 'forgive me, I failed'. Hiyoko let out a shriek and the intercom chimed off "A body has been discovered!" 

................................................................................................................................................................

A/n

Hello there. This chapter has been a bit of a pain to work on and get out. between personal and internet issues, this has been probably the roughest chapter of anything I've written. Thankfully that pain is mostly over. I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter, and hopefully, any further delays will be by my own choice. anyways

as always, until next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.6K 32
Hope's Peak Academy is a place where talented people can perfect their talents and become ultimates. In this scenario it's a little different. It's a...
2.6K 98 13
Meet Alan Hall, a fifteen-year-old lawyer who has entered a school called Hope's Peak Academy, where only the students who are the best in something...
83.8K 3.6K 79
Who knew that getting accepted into Hope's Peak Academy as The Ultimate Shut-in would take a turn for the worst? ☆☆☆ Contains spoilers for: - Super D...
28.6K 1K 28
The 53rd class of Hopes Peak Academy find themselves is quite the situation, when the 77th class blows up part of the building. The world's biggest...