The Little Shop

By homebodies

Five young lads... and one even younger little girl? AJ Burrows is seven years old and crying in a fitting ro... More

The Girl in the Shop
The Man Wearing a Hat
The Missing Lady
The Little Lion Man
The Peter Pan Costume
The Woman Who Stays Oblivious
The Radio Host
The Party
The Bit with the Monkey and the Ripped Skirt
The Pirate Dance
The Bus Drivers
The Filler Chapter
The Spanish Lady
The Charades
The Truth Comes Out
The Pretty Girl From Sheffield
The Boys and Princess AJ
The Lazy Day
The Summer Begins
The End
Author's Note

The Dancing Lasted All Night

2.3K 107 13
By homebodies

The Dancing Lasted All Night, in which the party lasts all night, AJ is so tired from dancing that she falls asleep, and it is raining.

SASSMASTER

The party was still in full swing around midnight. Harry was being pretty antisocial, although I couldn't imagine why. He and AJ retreated to the steps to eat ice cream and talk, which made me happy, because at least he was talking to someone other than Zayn.

I, on the other hand, was sweating buckets, nerves boiling over like a pot of spaghetti. Sienna went to the bathroom, and I was left with only my thoughts. We'd been dancing earlier, and she'd mentioned something about being lonely (which I felt a lot; having the lads around all the time doesn't take away from my longing for a romantic relationship). At the time, I assumed she was referring to the song lyrics, which were quite sad and lonely-sounding, but when AJ told me that Sienna fancied me, it all seemed to click.

I suppose it was the little things. Our arguments, the way she scrunches up her nose when she smiles, the way she laughs every time she scoffs at me. I loved those things about her. It sounded stupid and cheesy, but I was having a hard time keeping my mind off her. There was something hidden, though. Even after all that she'd told us, I could tell there were details that she was keeping secret, and there were reasons why. But I wanted to know. I wanted to help.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and spun around in an entire circle before I met Sienna's eyes and she stopped me by my arms. I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck. I suddenly didn't know how to act around her. I don't know what came over me; maybe it was the realization that I fancy her, or the news that she fancies me too. Maybe it was the way she looked in that dress, or that sly smile that seemed to be permanently plastered onto her face. Whatever it was, I could barely get my body to cooperate with my brain.

"Are you drunk or tired?" Sienna asked. 

I chuckled again. I probably sounded more high than anything, so I just stared at her for a moment, thinking of the appropriate response. If I told her that I was not tired or drunk, she'd probably ask why I was acting so weird, but I don't want to lie about my level of intoxication or sleepyness. 

"Nevermind," she said. "You looked like you were trying to solve a sudoku."

I chuckled again, which earned me a funny look. I rubbed the back of my neck again, searching for the right words to say. It was bad enough that Sienna was three years older than me, nevermind my low maturity level. "Wanna dance?" I spluttered. I felt my face getting hot, but Sienna nodded anyway and and we moved to an emptier part of the dance floor. 

I instantly regretted asking because under pressure like this, I'm nearly as shit a dancer as Harry, and that's saying something. It's hard to be yourself and let it go when you can hardly even talk to the person you're dancing with. In any normal situation, I would've broken out all the classic dance moves (knee slides, shopping trolley, cartwheels, and the like) but as it seemed, I was awkwardly shuffling back and forth while Sienna danced in circles around me.

It didn't help much that she was kind of rubbing against me and grinding on me, because this made me even more nervous, and I really wished I could just tell my mind to shut up; if Sienna really did fancy me and AJ wasn't just making it up, then she fancies me for who I am, not for this odd, nervous Louis who can't even dance properly.

"You okay?" she asked after a second. I nodded quickly. 

"You don't look it. You're kind of pale, too. Maybe we should get  you some water, yeah?"

She didn't let me respond. Instead, she grabbed me by my left arm and dragged me through the crowd, weaving through the people with ease while I was left to get smacked by every hand in the air and hit in the stomach by every elbow. By the time we reached the bar, I felt like I'd been in a fight with a ten year old. 

Honestly, I thought I was going to chunder. It was a combination of the alcohol and the nerves, I think. I mean, Sienna was sliding her arm around my waist, walking me up to the bar, sitting me down. She was taking care of me, and she wasn't even teasing me or calling me a wimp. It was refreshing.

"Can we just have a bottle of water, please?" Sienna asked. The bartender nodded and reached under the counter (I was glad I had Sienna, or else I'd have never gotten his attention) and tossed her a bottle, which she caught with her left hand and unscrewed with her right. I didn't ask her to, but she held the bottle up to my lips and tilted it a bit so I could drink. I didn't feel much better, but I forced a smile. "Wow, you're sweating like mad. How's your vision?"

"Blurry," I said. I felt suddenly very tired.

"Maybe you should eat something," she muttered. It was more to herself than to me, so I stayed silent. "Louis, don't move, I will be right back," she commanded. Slightly scared, I nodded slowly and held onto the bar to keep myself upright. Maybe I was going to pass out. I hoped not. That would be hella embarrassing. 

I put my head down on the bar and let my eyelids flutter. I was so tired, so suddenly. I wanted to take a nap. That would probably help. Yeah, just close your eyes for a minute. Just for a second, and then, you can wake up and dance and sweep Sienna off her feet and...

I woke up at home, or, at least I thought I did, for a second. I was at home, just not my home. I was tucked into Sienna's bed in nothing but my boxers. I didn't want to know how my clothes got to be neatly folded up and placed on a chair across the room. They looked clean and ironed, too, which made me smile a little bit. There were pain pills and a glass of water on the night stand next to me, but I didn't hurt at all, so I just rolled over in bed and looked out the window.

I felt a little bit weird, being in someone else's bed, but the sheets smelled like the ocean and the sky wasn't too bright outside, due to the rain, so I didn't bother moving. I stayed like that for a while, curled up in the covers and staring out the window, before the door flew open and AJ ran into the room and hurled herself onto the bed.

"Morning Louis. Well, actually it's the afternoon already. Happy Sunday? Are you hungry? We're going to have lunch. We're having hot dogs, only mine's a tofu dog, do you want one? Yours can be made of dogs like mum's if you want? Oh, and mum told me to tell you that the boys will be here for dinner, so you can go home with them then if you want, or you can go now, or you can go tomorrow, only mum didn't really say that, but I think she'd be okay if you had a double sleepover."

"Hi," I replied.

"Put some clothes on," AJ commanded, sliding back off the bed and scurrying back out of the room.  I moaned and pulled the blankets over my head, unwilling to leave the nest of blankets. I heard (and smelt) all sort of cooking things before there was knock on the door and Sienna shyly ducked her head inside.

"Uh, lunch is ready if you want some?"

"Yeah, thanks," I said. I slid out of bed and walked over to my clothes, pulling on my trousers first and then my jumper, skipping the shirt altogether. I then grabbed my phone and followed Sienna out of her bedroom and into the kitchen, which was much brighter and hurt my eyes a bit.

"Oh, and just so you know, I didn't undress you last night. It was Zayn and Liam. They all came over and hung out for a while. Decided not to disturb your sleep."

"What exactly... happened? Did I...?"

"Pass out? Yeah," Sienna said with a soft smile. "Don't worry, only a few people saw."

I sighed. It wasn't the amount of people that saw that I was worried about. It was more about the fact that Sienna saw me that made me blush. How embarrassing.

"It's okay, Louis. One time Mum fainted in the grocery store," AJ said brightly. Sienna laughed a bit, but she also looked embarrassed, so I sent her a reassuring smile as we sat down at the table. I sat next to AJ and across from Sienna. AJ had already started going to town on her tofu dog, which was covered in so much ketchup that it looked almost inedible. Almost. Maybe she needed something to cover the tofu?

"Did you have fun last night, Little Lady?" I asked.

"Yeah," AJ said, her mouth full. 

"Chew," Sienna said, giving AJ a sideways look, the kind your mum gives you when you're being warned that you'll be in trouble if you don't cut it out. "AJ almost passed out too, she was so tired. Fell asleep the second I picked her up. We couldn't even get her to wake up to change out of her dress."

"You and me both, kiddo," I joked. "Minus the dress bit."

"It was just like the story you told me," AJ said. I thought for a moment before I remembered. On one of the first days we'd known her, we'd told her that story (well, she told us) about dancing all night until we fall asleep or something.

"You're right," I agreed. 

"It's raining. We were going to go to the park, but I guess that'll have to wait until Wednesday," Sienna shrugged. 

Before I could even take a third bite of my hot dog, AJ had already finished her second tofu dog and was darting off to her room, leaving Sienna and I alone. I was scared I was going to faint again, at first, but then I realized that I was completely fine. Happy, even, getting some alone time with her. 

Not to be creepy or anything, but I kind of watched her eat more than I ate myself. She took these really cute little bites that were almost like kisses. 

"I've always liked the rain," I said after a while. "It's like music, but it's got no repeating melody. It goes on forever without sections or a theme."

"That's a funny way to think about it," Sienna said, tilting her head to the side. "But I suppose music is your thing, so it makes sense."

"We don't have to stay in," I said, unsure how to reply to what she'd said. She'd gone from snarky about our fortune to being seemingly fascinated by it all.

"What? It's raining," Sienna reminded me. She stood and grabbed both of our plates, taking them to the dishwasher.

"So what? So we go on clothes we don't mind getting wet," I said, following her. I leaned against the counter. "Don't tell me you've never wanted to go down a slide in the rain and land in the puddle at the bottom."

"Yeah, when I was a kid," Sienna laughed.

"Don't you think AJ wants to do that! I sure do," I laughed.

"Fine, Lou. We'll go to the park. In the rain. Maybe then you can tell me about how you fancy me." With that, she left me standing dumbfounded in the middle of the kitchen. At least we get to go to the park...

A/N:

Yeah, I know this barely even counts as a chapter! I'm sorry :(

For those of you asking, this story takes place in late 2012/early 2013, so Louis is 21 and Sienna is 24. Hope that helps put more of the story into perspective.

Oh, and I WILL be making a sequel, and it will come out... whenever I finish this book. Look out for that! I'll probably link it on the last chapter or something. That being said... there are only two more chapters after this one, and I think they might both be up this upcoming week. Also, I'm going to a 1D concert tomorrow. I'll tell anyone about it, if they want to hear, idk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5K 53
Alex was just a normal 17 year old girl who lived in London and loved the boy band One Direction. Her life gets turned around when she bumpes into a...
28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
2K 20 17
Chloe is a typical teenage girl. She loves One Direction and her friends, and has everything she could have ever wanted. Until news off her parents s...
4.7K 154 15
Rem,16 year old Directioner, always wanted to meet One Direction, even though it meant being an outcast. Little did she know, she's closer to them th...