Divergent- No War (UNEDITED)...

By agreatperhapse

(EVEN THOUGH THIS IS PUBLISHED AND "COMPLETED" IT ISN'T ACTUALLY FINISHED AND WON'T BE) Everyone who's read t... More

Please Read
Schedule
Chapter 1- Just a Dream
Chapter 2- Explanations
Chapter 3- Cake vs. Muffins
Chapter 4- Party Invite
Chapter 5- Pickles and Bananas
Chapter 6- Candor or Dauntless
Chapter 7- Goldfish, Smoothies, and Pink Hair
Chapter 8- Tampons, Pregnancies, and Pillows
Chapter 9- Apartments and Decor
Chapter 10- Ambassadors
Chapter 11- Secrets and Engagments
Chapter 12- Missing Friends
Chapter 13- Lynn and Surprises
Chapter 14- Welcome Back Dinners
Chapter 15- Dress Shopping
Chapter 16- Gender Reveal
Chapter 17- Date Night
Chapter 18- Sicknesses and Soup
Chapter 19- The Wedding
Chapter 20- New Baby
Chapter 21- Double Dates
A/N
Chapter 23- Uriah and Nightmares
Chapter 24- The Chasm
Chapter 25- Watching Maxon for a Day
Chapter 26- Wedding Showers and Presents
Chapter 27- The Dress
Chapter 28- The Fire
Chapter 29- Threats and Injuries

Chapter 22- Capture the Flag

724 16 7
By agreatperhapse

- Chapter 22~ Capture the Flag -

Tobias' Pov

Today we're going to be having a huge Capture the Flag game. If you weren't aware, this game is my shit, so I'm pretty excited to say the least.

Tris and I are currently heading down to the train tracks to meet our friends. Its only one-thirty in the morning, so most of Dauntless is asleep.

"Finally you two pansycakes decided to show up!" Uriah yells.

I look at a clock that's on the wall of some old abandoned train station thing and read it.

1:37

We're literally not even ten minutes late.

I look around and, sure enough, see all of our friends already there, us being the last to arrive.

Will is standing near the train, a deadpan expression clear on hid face. Chris is also leaning against his shoulder. She looks exhausted.

Marlene and Shauna are talking about something and trying to ignore their boyfriend and husband who are both currently jumping up and done like kids in a candy shop. Pedrads.....

Lynn insisted on coming. Baby Maxon is now more then a month old, so Lynn claims she's in perfect heath to be getting hit with paint-balls. If she was any one of the other girls, I may question that, but she's Lynn. The same Lynn who went jogging in a rainstorm less then a day after she had a baby, ignoring all of the precautions the doctors had.

Maxon is currently at the house Lynn's mother and Hector share. Since Al is factionless, he can't currently be there. Luckily it hadn't been that bad so far. He arrives at Dauntless early every morning and then leaves at eight every night, when visiting hours end. I feel like when Maxon gets older, though, the living situation is going to get harder and he's going to start questioning where his dad is.

Tris leaves my side and walks over to Christina, who instantly perks up after seeing Tris. Christina starts talking her head off while Tris looks slightly annoyed, but still listens to het best friend.

I walk over to Zeke and Uriah and join there conversation.

"Paintballs, check. Guns, check. Flashlights, check." Zeke says, making a list of items he's brought. He's holding a large, black bag which includes all of the items on his check list.

"Flashlight? What kind of pansycake are you?" Uriah asks.

"Some people," Marlene says, walking over to her boyfriend. "Don't want to cut their feet open and like using light to make sure they don't do that, so yeah, flashlight, check!"

"Whatever." Uriah says, rolling his eyed and walking away.

We wait until we hear the train start rolling down that tracks and, when we do, all jump into the train, each of us landing safety.

"Okay, so teams..." Shauna says impatiently.

"Four and I are captains!" Zeke says.

"What? Why do the boys always have to be captains? That's sexist!" Lynn asks.

"Fine," Zeke says, considering what Lynn's saying. "You can take Four's place as a captain."

"Nah, I don't want to." Lynn says.

"Well then what the fuck's wrong with Four and I being captains?" Zeke asks.

"Nothing." Lynn days. I don't understand women. I don't even instant Lynn who's the least-feminine women I've ever met.

"Okay, so anyway, Four and I are captains," Zeke says, rolling his eyes at Lynn."Do you want to pick first or should I?" He asks.

"You can." I say, not really caring that much.

"Okay, Shauna." He picks.

"Tris." I say. She walks up to me and gives me a high-five, stand next to me.

"Will."

"Marlene." I choose.

"Christina."

"Lynn."

We all now have three people on our teams. Zeke has Shauna, Will, and Christina, while I have Tris, Lynn, and Marlene.

"Okay, so that's everybody!" Zeke jokes.

"Yeah!" I agree, playing along with the we didn't include Uriah again because nobody likes him thing.

"Hey," Uriah yells. "What about me?"

I look over to see Uriah sitting in the corner of the train car. He's cradling a pillow in his arms and holding a baby bottle up to it.

"Oh, shit you're right! We forgot about Uriah." Zeke says.

"And Caity!" Uriah adds, looking down at the pillow.

"Fine, we forgot about Uriah and Caity," Zeke says. "Uriah, you can join Four's team."

"What? I don't want him!"

Uriah walks over to my team and looks at me, a fake pout on his face.

"That's not very nice," he says. "And what about Caity?"

"I'll take your stupid pillow if it gets you to shut up!" Zeke says, yanking the pillow from Uriah's hands and handing it to Christina.

Chris takes the burden of Caity and, even after agreeing to keep her safe for Uriah, stuffs her into her purse harshly. Who needs a purse during Capture the Flag, anyway? Or a pillow for that matter.

We wait for the train to pass Navy Pier and, when it does, my team hops out.

"Okay, where should we hide the flag?" I ask, pulling the luminescent, orange flag out of my pocket.

"I know this isn't the typical hiding place," Uriah starts. "But yesterday I was trying to find a place to hide my bag of chocolate chips..."

"You were what?" Marlene asks.

"The fuck?" Lynn asks.

"Don't interrupt! Anyway, I needed to hide my chocolate chips somewhere, so I started searching around and I found this hole in a tree and I think I'd be a great hiding place. Plus, it's on Navy Pier so it technically wouldn't be cheating." He explains.

Shauna stares at her boyfriend in disbelief, the same way I'm sure most of us are staring at him. I'm not sure why he goes around hiding chocolate chips in trees, but it us Uriah, so I'm not going to question it.

"I think that might be a good idea," I admit. "Even though your reasoning on how you found the spot isn't the best, teams don't usually go searching in trees for the flag."

"Damn it," Uriah exclaims. "Now I'm going to have to find another hiding place for my chocolate chips!"

"Then why the hell did you tell us about it?" Tris asks.

Instead of answering, Uriah just gives us all an evil glare.

Uriah leads us to the tree, which is surprisingly close to where we already were.

When we find the tree, sure enough, it has a large hole in it. Uriah pulls a bag of chocolate chips out of the tree and stuffs them in his jacket pocket. Wierdo.

I walk over to the tree and see if the flag will fit, which sure enough, it does with room to spare. Marlene picks up some leaves from the ground and places them on top of the flag, so the glow is no longer obvious.

"Zeke's team should have gotten out of the train and hid the flag by now," I say factually. "Should we start looking for them, or should we wait a while?"

"I think Marlene and I should wait behind while you, Tris, and Lynn go and start searching." Uriah says.

"That sounds like a good plan." Tris agrees.

"Yeah," Lynn adds. "No offence, but Four, Tris, and I are the three-badasses of the team while you, Marlene, would make a better lookout and Uriah, I don't know what the fuck you'd be useful for, but I don't want you to come with us so you can stay with your girlfriend."

Instead of getting offended, Uriah sits in a pile of leaves behind the tree, out of view for if anyone from the other team comes, and opens the package of chocolate chips, popping some into his mouth.

Marlene agrees and sit's down next to her boyfriend, trying to make sure he doesn't get fat from all of the chocolate.

Lynn, Tris, and I run away from the tree, toward the rest of the pier.

"How is it again that you guys found the flag during initiation?" Lynn asks. I instantly get happier thinking of the Ferris Wheel. That was the moment I realized I liked Tris and vise-versa I think.

"We just happened to stumble upon it." Tris lies, not wanting the whole world to know what happened that night.

"It was the Ferris Wheel, right," Lynn asks. "Didn't you guys climb it and happen to see it in the distance?"

"Nope," I lie. "What Tris said, we just happened to see if from where we were standing."

"Oh," Lynn says. "That'd be a good idea, though, right? Climbing the Ferris Wheel? It would really give us a good advantage point."

"No, I don't think that would work out well." I say. I hate heights, but the Ferris Wheel memory is the one memory involving heights that I like. I don't want to replace that memory with something awful. I also don't want to think of Lynn following Tris and I on the Ferris Wheel every time I see it.

"Plus, it wouldn't be very safe," Tris adds. "By the time we got up there the other team may have found Uriah and Mar. If the two of them got approached by the other team, we'd be screwed. Not that Mar is bad at fighting, but I don't think Uriah would be much help."

"That's probably true." Lynn finally says, giving in.

The three of us continue walking until we see a flashlight in the distance.

"Guys, hide." I whisper, pulling the two girls, as well as myself, behind a piece of rubble on the ground.

We look up from where we're hiding and try to find the flashlight again. We finally see Will standing a short distance away from us, a flashlight in hand. Among him is Zeke, Shauna, and Christina. I see part of their yellow flag behind a rock in the corner.

The entire team decided to guard the flag? Poor strategy.

"When I say 'go'," Lynn starts. " Run toward them and start shooting."

Tris and I nod in agreement.

We wait a few seconds for the other team to turn away. When they've all begun talking to each other and have stopped looking our way, Lynn whispers "go."

We get out from behind the rubble and start running toward them, our guns out and loaded with paintballs.

When we get near them Zeke sees us and tells warns the others. The other team starts flanking us, but luckily we manage to escape getting hit.

Lynn and I start shooting as well, while Tris tries to sneak toward the flag.

I successfully manage to hit Will in the chest with the paint ball. He falls over and drops his gun.

Luckily the pain will only last a couple of minutes. It's not like I killed Will or anything.

Lynn manages to shoot both Christina and Shauna. Sadly, at the same time the paintball leaves Lynn's gun once also leaves Shauna's, shooting Lynn in the arm. She's now out as well.

"Oh my God Lynn," Christina yells. "You chipped my nail! Bitch!"

I see Tris nearing the flag. I don't think the other team knew Tris was ever here, so they don't notice her missing. I'm pretty sure they thought it was just Lynn and I who decided to come.

"Legendary Four," Zeke taunts. "You won't be known as such a ledged once I whip your ass!"

"Whatever you say."

We both take a few shots at each other, but since both of us are so good at shooting, neither of us get hit.

I look out of the corner of my eye and see Tris right by the Flag.

"Me against you, buddy. We both know who's going to win this." Zeke says.

"Oh?"

I shoot at him a few more times, but sadly he dodges each bullet.

"Yeah, and it's going to be me." He adds.

"We'll see about that!" Tris yells from behind the rock, holding the flag and waving it in the air.

"Shit!" Zeke yells, turning around and facing Tris. While Zeke is turned away I shoot the gun at his back, causing him to fall flat on his face.

Tris runs up to me while holding the flag and jumps in my hand. I spin her around and give her a quick kiss before setting her down on the ground.

"We did it!" Lynn says, walking up to me and giving both Tris and I a high-five.

"Guys," I hear someone yell from the distance. "We won!"

I turn around and see Mar running towards us.

Christina, Will, Shauna, and Zeke all stand up in defeat. Zeke's face is covered with mud from when he face planted the ground.

"Wow, Zeke," I say. "I've gotta' say, you should try this look more often."

"Fuck you." he says, giving me the middle finger which causes me to laugh.

"Good game." Tris says to both Christina and Shauna.

"You too." They say simultaneously. Thankfully neither of them are as completive as the Pedards, so they don't take losing that seriously, even though Shauna is now technically a Pedrad.

We all start heading back home, since it's late at night. Luckily none of us have work the next morning, so it's fine if we sleep in late.

"Wait, where's Uriah?" Will asks once we're all safety back in the train and almost home.

"Marlene, did you forget him again?" Shauna asks accusingly.

"Damn it, Mar," Zeke says. "You have got to stop doing that."

"I'm sorry," Marlene says. "I forgot to tell him we were leaving. He's probably still eating chocolate by the tree!"

"I would give you Caity, but I'm afraid you'd lose her too!" Christina says, taking the pillow out of her purse.

"I'm so sorry," Mar apologizes. "I'm a poor excuse for a human being!"

"Damn right!" Zeke exclaims.

"Don't worry Mar, it's fine," Lynn says. "Uriah should find his way back. If he doesn't then, oh well, we'll be sad for a few weeks and then probably get over it."

Marlene stares at Lynn, her eyes looking like they're about to explode out of her head.

"I wouldn't get over him in just a couple of weeks!" Marlene says.

"Oh, well, the rest of us probably would." Lynn says.

We all ignore Lynn and head back to our apartments. Tonight certainly was fun!

------

Have any of you guys seen The Phantom of the Opera because my best friend and I watched it a long time ago and were obsessed with it for like a year. Luckily that obsession had worn off, but last month we both watched the movie again and became reobsessed. I just saved a lot of fanfics to a Phantom of the Opera reading list....I need help.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! If you did then please leave a rate and a comment. They both help a lot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 348 50
You know how every school has that shy girl that nobody really pays attention to and then that special somebody and everyone loves? Those two people...
368 17 20
A divergent no war story What if Tobias has a sister? What if Eric was nice behind his mean aperance? What if the war never happend? What if...? That...
92.9K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...
29.5K 580 35
ALLEGIANT SPOILERS! After Tris's death, Tobias goes to see her in the weapons lab. When he gets there, he realizes that he went only to be greeted wi...