Riptide (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever... More

Meet Sandrelly
Rules
Talking
Surf's Up
Stream
Bruises
Neon Paint
Broken Arm
Catchup
BBQ
Ava
Team VS Team
Scared
Peter
The Streets
Halstead
I miss mom
The Man In Black
Punch Ups
Abs
The Chase
I say it's him
British
Gone wrong
Heartbreak
Resting time
Hospital
Who is Ava?
Ducks
Home for the Holidays

Home Sweet Home

792 15 0
By KNeill006

When we got into Brazil and had stepped off the plane, everyone was taking off their jackets and losing their scarfs.

"I understand why you were in shorts at the airport." Said Adam.

"Yep. I may have gotten a few weird looks but at least I'm not having to try and find space for my jacket and scarf. That is in my suitcase for when we land back in Chicago."

"Alright. No need to brag."

"We have to catch the taxi in an hour. How long will the airport take us?"

"Probably thirty to forty five minutes." I said and followed Hank into the airport.

Once we had grabbed our bags, we waited for the taxi to pick us up. Hank had ordered one for all of us to get into.

"Drop your bags at the hotel and then get back in the taxi." Said Hank.

"I'm not staying in a hotel. I'm staying with my parents."

"Yeah. Sorry, I forgot. Taxi driver is going to take you to your place. Drop your bags off and then he'll drive back to pick us up to take us to the district." Explained Hank.

"Can we not just chill for a bit?" Asked Adam.

"Yeah. It was a long flight." Said Antonio.

"I need sleep." Said Kim.

"Can I not just say hi to my family quickly? I haven't seen them for three months."

"No. Everyone can rest later. We are literally meeting Sargent James and his team and sorting out a few things. That's it."

"Okay." We all said.

"Hi, Mom. Dad. Diego. I can't stay long." I called out and dumped my bag in the kitchen.

"Oh Ellie. We are so glad you are home." Said my dad, Roberto, as he came at me with big open arms. Kind of open.

"Hey, Dad. How's your arm?"

"It's fine."

"Oh, my baby. How are you, sweetie?" Said my mom, Helena.

"I'm great, mom. Where's Diego? I can't stay long and I wanted to see him quickly."

"You'll have to see him later, Ellie. He's currently teaching."

"Nah, just finished." Said Diego as he ran in and picked me up in his arms.

"Hey, Diego. How are you?"

"I'm great, sis. Can't wait to meet the new team later."

"Oh yes, the new team." Said Roberto.

"I have to go, guys. I'll be back in an hour or two."

"Invite your new team round. We'll have a bbq."

"Will do, ma."

I quickly ran out the door, got in the taxi and apologised to the man for being longer than I was supposed to be.

"I was able to sit down for a bit." Said Adam.

"Yeah. Thanks, San." Said Antonio.

"What took you so long?" Asked Hank.

"I just said a quick hello to my parents."

"Are they okay?" Asked Kevin.

"Yeah, they are great. And before I forget, you are all invited to a Santos bbq tonight."

"Really? Asked Kevin.

"Yeah. You can thank my parents for that one but I think I might be cooking."

"Better be good food." Said Hank.

"Trust me, it will be."

*Jay's Pov*

When we pulled up, I could see that Sandrelly was nervous. I took her hand in mine but quickly let go when Hank looked down and saw.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Asked Hank as Kim talked to Sandrelly.

"No. I'm not allowed to say what happened but Sandrelly hates this place."

"Okay. Stay close to her." Said Hank and patted me on the back.

"This looks like a beach house." Said Kevin as he looked up.

"Nice place." Said Kim.

The interior was wooden floors and wooden desks but a few areas had bamboo sticks. For example, the outside of the building and the blinds.

"Sargent Voight. Honour to meet you." Said some bold man as he walked down the steps.

He looked over to us as he shook Hank's hand and then his eyes fixed on Sandrelly.

"Detective Santos. Long time no see." He said and shot her smile.

"Yeah. Long time no see." She said back but didn't smile.

"Anyway, follow me. You can meet the rest of the team. I'm Sargent Peter James. We are the only Narcotics team in Maceió and we need help catching some bad guys."

"Have you been working on that line all day?" Asked Sandrelly.

"No."

When we walked up, there was a door mat on the floor, just above the steps that was covered in mud and another dark stain.

"You should really get a cleaner. I'm sure they can get my blood out of the door mat." Said Sandrelly and the two Sargents turned to look at her.

"Santos, you haven't lost your sense of humour."

"No but it seems you've lost more hair."

"Santos, shut up." Said Hank.

"Yes, Sarge."

Sandrelly looked around the place before her eyes stopped wandering when she heard voices.

"This is George." Said Peter as he pointed at a short guy in a flannel shirt and a pair of jeans.

"This is Roger." Said Peter as a guy in a pair of jeans and a loose shirt nodded toward us.

"And this is Francis." Said Peter as a guy in black cargo trousers and a black top gave us a small wave.

Hank introduced us all and we shook hands with everyone, including Peter.

"Where's Sammy?" Asked Sandrelly.

"He's busy this morning. Sammy is our other detective."

"Well, it's great to meet you all." Said Hank.

"Shall we sort out partners?" Suggested Peter as he looked at Sandrelly.

"Sure. Can I choose?" Asked Hank.

"Of course, Sarge."

"Kim and Roger. Francis and Antonio. Kevin and George. Adam and Jay. Sandrelly and Sammy."

"Sarge, I don't think that last one is the best."

"You said I could choose and I did. Any issues, we'll sort them later."

"I have a few rules." Said Peter.

"Of course he does." Muttered Sandrelly under her breath.

"The first one is, you can call me Sarge or James. I don't mind either."

"Wow." I said and Sandrelly just glared at me.

"The second one is about you and your partner. If your partner is down, you stay with them. I don't care how long we've been chasing these people for."

"Unbelievable." I said.

"Sandrelly, has your man got something to say?"

"First of, he's not my man. And second, why change the rules? Was it something that clicked after you had been shot?"

"You could say that, yes."

"Or was it the fact that you realised how wrong it was two get all these men to attack one woman?"

"Sandrelly. I don't know what you're going on about."

"Doesn't matter. What's your last rule?"

"Always go in as a three or a four and if you feel it is unsafe. Talk beforehand or at least stick close."

"Wow. Unfucking believable." I said and Adam nudged me.

"You got something to say, Halstead?"

"Ye-"

"No, he hasn't. Thank you for introducing everyone. We'll see you tomorrow, isn't that right Sarge?" Asked Sandrelly towards Hank as she pushed me back.

"Yes, we'll see you tomorrow."

When we got outside, Hank grabbed me by my jacket and pushed me into the wall.

"What the hell is your problem!?" He shouted.

"It's just beef with my old unit. I've told Jay a few things."

"Do I need to know these things?" Asked Hank.

I tried to convince Sandrelly to tell him by just looking her in the eye but she shook her head and smiled.

"No, Sarge."

"Okay. We'll see you tonight. Text us the address. I'm staying it now so I don't forget." Said Hank.

"Will do. See ya guys." Said Sandrelly as she got out of the taxi and walked down the beach to meet a friend of hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.2K 37
After Erin left the unit a month ago jay had been stuck with no partner since hank couldn't find a suitable match for the team, that was until a cert...
16.4K 280 14
When a new detective Mia Stevens joins the Intelligence Unit, the whole team take a disliking to her. She has attitude, she's messy but she gets the...
8.6K 121 15
Kayla Cole works alone and wants nothing to do with a team. But when Hank Voight gets his way, she's stuck working under his name as much as she want...
141K 2.9K 32
y/n moves to Chicago trying to get a fresh start, she becomes good friends with some people over at Firehouse 51. One night she meets detective Jay H...