The March Cousin! ➼︎ [Little...

By bonbonsandbooks

Beth March has passed on. Amy is to travel to Europe with Aunt March. Jo is going to stay home to home to hel... More

The March Cousin! [Little Women]
Disclaimer|Copyrights:
Chapter 1 ➼︎ Ginger Cake!
Chapter 2 ➼︎ Poetry
Chapter 3 ➼︎Teddy!
Chapter 4 ➼︎ Meg's Wedding Day!
Chapter 5 ➼︎ Artistic Attempts!
Chapter 6 ➼︎ Amy's Party!
Chapter 7 ➼︎ Lazy Laurie
Chapter 8 ➼︎ Long Letters
Chapter 9 ➼︎ Courtship
Chapter 10 ➼︎ White Gloves
Fun Facts:
Author Note:
Chapter 12 ➼︎ Facing The Facts
Chapter 13 ➼︎ Needing Answers
Chapter 14 ➼︎ Nurse Fiona!
Author Note:
Author Note
Chapter 15 ➼︎ Saying Goodbye
Chapter 16 ➼︎ Trains
Chapter 17 ➼︎Books
Chapter 18 ➼︎ Professors
Chapter 19 ➼ Wedding Dresses
Chapter 20 ➼ Story Time
Chapter 21 ➼ Wedding Plans
Chapter 22 ➼ Before The Wedding

Chapter 11 ➼︎ Baby Blessings!

155 10 0
By bonbonsandbooks

Chapter 11, Baby Blessings

I had begun courting Laurie. I was thrilled. This was indeed my first ever courtship. I was nervous about it. Most of the time we were accompanied by someone.

To supervise us while we were on the date. But in the most respectable manor. At times we were invited over to dinner with Meg and John. And then other times Laurie invited me for tea with his grandfather.

We went to church with my aunt and uncle. On nice days we would take a nice walk all alone. Laurie tried to shower me with gifts.

But I let him know right away I was not that kind of a girl. I could not be bought. My heart wanted affection. We got closer every week we spent more time together. The more I got to know Laurie the more I was falling for him.

The more it began to excite me to think that he might want to marry me one day.

I was in the kitchen washing vegetables from the garden with Marmee. My aunt prefers that I called her that. We were growing closer.

She was like a mother figure to me these days. I was grateful for her in my life. She would never replace my mother but she did my heart good to have her in my life.

•✿︎︎•

"Marmee, may I ask you a question?" I begin to say.

"Sure, dear you may ask me anything" she says with a nod. I hand the washed vegetables to her and she began to cut them. Hannah was helping to set the table and get the dishes ready for dinner.

"How long does courtship last until the gentlemen asks to marry you? How long did it take for uncle to ask you?" I wonder.

"Not long for him. But every man can be different. For uncle within six months he was ready to ask for my hand in marriage. We knew it was god's great design for us. And we were right. Of course, we both did a great deal of praying while the courtship went about" she chuckles softly. "those were the best times"

"Things are going well with Laurie and myself. And I am happy. I was only curious. Because I know once a man asks to start seeing you he has marriage in mind" I point out.

"Do you think you are ready for marriage?" questions Marmee.

I nod. "I have saw how wonderful it can be for you both as well as for Meg. I want my own family. I never had much of a family. I would want a family just as this" I say with a smile.

"I know Laurie has wanted to marry into the March's but let's hope he wants your heart and not just your family as well" says Hannah.

"We never thought he would get over our Jo. But they were not a match. I knew it right from the start. We know why now" says Marmee. "because something much better came along for him" she says as she hugs me.

"Oh Marmee thank you" I giggle.

"Marmee do you mind one more for dinner? John is working a little late in the city" Meg suddenly comes in.

"Oh sweetheart of course! Father will be happy to see you!" Marmee says as she greets her warmly with a hug.

"I bring dessert! I made a pie! Well two. Strawberry and apple" says Meg.

"You must teach me! I love to bake these days" I tell her. "they smell divine" I point out to her. She smiles then carries them to the table.

"Will Laurie be joining us tonight?" asks Meg with a wink.

"I am not certain" I tell her.

"Marmee? Fiona I have the best news for you both. I wanted to tell you first. After I had told John dear. And I had written my sisters of course" she laughs.

"Tell us what Meg?' asks Marmee.

"John and I are expecting!" she announces.

We all squeal with joy.

"Oh what blessings!" Marmee exclaims.

"Meg how wonderful!" I tell her.

We all hug Meg.

•✿︎︎•

"I am rather nervous to become a mother. But John is going to be a wonderful father" says Meg. "the baby is due in nine months. There is so much to be done" says Meg.

"Anything you need I am here for you sweet Meg" I promise her.

"Oh, I am going to be a grandmother!" exclaims a happy Marmee.

"This is a wonderful day indeed" I agree.

Marmee and Meg went into the kitchen to talk about babies more. I smiled. Our family was growing larger. I was sure that Jo was going to be thrilled to be an aunt.

Jo would make a fantastic aunt. Amy to. I glance out the window. It was a bright sunny day out. I wondered if one day I might become a mother myself. I might. Only god knew.

Someone knocked on the door. I glance out the window. It was Laurie! My heart skipped a happy beat. I let him come in. He hands me flowers. He had some others in his hand.

•✿︎︎•

"For you and these are for Meg. John told me the news earlier today. Isn't it wonderful?" asks Laurie.

"Very! These are so lovely thank you Laurie!" I exclaim with joy.

"Laurie what a nice surprise! Joining us for dinner?" asks Meg as she comes in.

They hug.

"No these are for you" says Laurie as he hands her flowers to.

"For me? What for?" asks Meg.

"Congratulations are in order" Laurie reminds her. Meg laughs. They hug again.

"I see John told you" giggles Meg.

"Indeed" says Laurie with a nod.

"Do join us for dinner won't you?" asks Marmee.

"I would love to thank you" Laurie agrees.

"Oh Meg and Fiona what lovely flowers" Marmee brags on Laurie.

"From grandfather's garden. I did not buy them so you can not give them back" points out Laurie to me with a grin.

"But did you have his permission?" I tease.

"Yes" he says to me.

Meg and I get vases out to place the flowers in water.

"That Laurie is so sweet. I do hope you have fun tonight at dinner. I will make sure he sits beside you" Meg whispers to me. Then she winks.

Laurie glances over at me then smiles.
I smile back in return.

We all sit down at the table together. I am sitting between Meg and Laurie. We are to pray before dinner. We take hands.

I feel Laurie take my hand in his under the table. Lacing our fingers together. A warmth of pleasure rises to my cheeks. We close our eyes then pray. Laurie's hand lingers in mine until food is passed our way at the table.

After dinner we steal a moment alone out in the back yard.

•✿︎︎•

"Did you like your flowers?" he asks me.

"They are so beautiful. It was a lovely thought" I say. "I do love them"

"You are welcome" he says. "Look at that sunset. Gods many great creations" marvels Laurie as we glance at the sky.

"Very true" I agree.

"I am glad I came by tonight. I got to have dinner with you" Laurie says to me.

"I am glad you did as well" I answer him.

"I had better head back home. Grandfather will come after me" he chuckles.

"Do take some pie for him. I know he would enjoy Meg's pie too" I remind him.

"I shall thank you" says Laurie.

I go help him get some pie to take for his grandfather to enjoy. I walk him to the door. 

"Good night Fiona" he says as we linger at the doorstep.

"Good night Laurie" I answer.

I shut the door as I see him out. 

He surprises me by leaning in and sweetly kissing me on the cheek. 

"I hope to be in those dreams tonight. You are in mine" he says softly after the kiss. Then he smiles and heads on his way home.

I grin. Then head back inside.

•✿︎︎•

"Fiona there you are! I forgot to give this to you! It is a letter from Jo!" says my uncle. 

He hands me a letter.

"Oh grand! Thank you!" I say as I take it. I head to my room to read the letter.

I sit at the desk near my little window. And I could see to read my letter.

Dear Fiona,

Things are not going as well as I had hoped. I am going to head home very soon! I do look forward to seeing you and everyone once I get back. I had a falling out with my professor. My writings have not really sold as I had hoped while I was here as well. I feel the need to come home. I admit at times I get rather home sick. I think there will never be a greater place than being at home. Home is where my heart is so home is where I will follow it too. See you soon my dear Fiona!

Yours Jo

•✿︎︎•

My heart sticks in my throat. She was coming back here? Back home? What would that mean for my courtship with Laurie? Would he want to win Jo back again?

My heart sinks.

I knew the answer to that. He would want Jo. Not me. I was her replacement. That was all. I knew it. He never once has said he loved me. We had courted for nearly a month now. And nothing. Because he was in love with Jo. Not with me. 

I knew it. Laurie was not mine. I was not his. I had to set him free to be with whom he wanted. And he always had wanted Jo.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
90.5K 5K 35
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
144K 5.2K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
683K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...