Can't You See Me?

By Haeminji1

Campus heartthrob Kim Minji is seen giving Hybe Entertainment CEO's daughter Haerin a ride home. I didn't eve... More

A/N
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
Twenty
twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
Thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
New Story!

One

6K 206 32
By Haeminji1

Ador Preparatory Academy. The bane of my existence if you ask me. This school is full of the elite. The highest class of teenagers with the richest families. It's finally my last year then I can leave this hell hole and attend university in the states. Preferably Harvard or Yale. There is no doubt I'll get into at least one of them with my grades and connections. I know that's cocky of me to assume, but anyone that goes to Ador ends up at the best schools.

"Hey, some guy just asked me if you wanted to go on a date with him. Like seriously??? He didn't even have the balls to ask you to your face." Hanni, my best friend scoffs as she loops her arm around mine. Hanni and I have been best friends since we've come out of the womb basically. Both of our families own the biggest commercial hotels in Korea and Australia respectively. Hanni came to Korea officially in sixth grade, but we've been on vacations together since we couldn't even speak.

"I can't wait to get away from these preppy douchebags who think they can have whatever they want" This isn't the first time a guy has come up to Hanni asking me out through her and I'm sure it isn't the last. Even when I was dating my boyfriend, Jake, boys would still come up to me and my friends asking me out.

"I think every guy in this school has asked you out at least twice. I'm sure of it!" I roll my eyes and drag Hanni to our first class. It's the only class I have with her unfortunately. I have friends in every other class, but it's not the same without Hanni.

"You'd think they'd get the hint after the first rejection."

"Well maybe you should say yes to someone. There isn't anyone in this school that you like?"

"I rather get my left leg chopped off before dating one of these neanderthals. I literally can't be bothered anymore." Hanni laughs as she takes her place next to me.

"What about Jake? I heard that he was gonna ask you to the homecoming dance." I don't hate Jake, we just didn't mesh well. He was a good boyfriend and I know that he loved me, but I just never felt that way about him. He is the captain of Ador's football team and very popular so that's why I dated him during my sophomore year. We ended things about halfway through our junior year–it was kind of a messy ending he didn't see coming.

"Where did you even hear that? I haven't even had a real conversation with him for months."

"The Ador gossip blog duh. It was posted last night. Everyone was talking about it on twitter last night." The Ador gossip blog is the second bane of my existence. They are always staying in my business ever since I stepped foot on this campus.

"Han you know that gossip blog is useless nonsense 75% of what they say isn't even true"

"Yeah but it's juicy gossip and everyone loves a bit of gossip don't pretend like you don't"

"Would you shut up and pass me a pen."

"Why can't you ever remember to bring your school supplies? I'm eventually gonna run out then we're both going to be screwed." I wink at Hanni and take her pencil pouch and pull out a pen and give her my biggest smile and pat her head. I don't always forget my school supplies. I swear I don't. I was just in a rush to get to school this morning. Okay...maybe I do tend to forget them, but Hanni always has my back so it's okay!

"I heard that Jake is gonna ask you to the homecoming dance." My smile faded as I looked up and saw Jay, one of my very persistent suitors.

"I don't care." I turned away from him, putting my attention on the board as the teacher wrote the agenda for today before class. I felt Jay pull a chair next to mine. Why can't everyone just leave me alone?

"Well if you really don't care then maybe you should go with me instead. I'll make it worth your while." He poked my arm trying to get my attention which made me even angrier if that was possible.

"Jay, if you would kindly go away, that would be great." I turn to him putting on my best fake smile, then turn my head again back to the board. I felt Jay heavy sigh on the side of my face before he got up and left for his usual seat. Thank god.

"Honestly he's getting better, usually he harasses you for longer." Hanni gives me a thumbs up.

"The bare minimum Hanni, the absolute bare minimum."

-

It's finally lunch time. I honestly thought it would never come. I'm literally starving. The school cafeteria honestly has pretty good food, but that is to be expected with how much it costs to go to this school. I'm meeting up with Hanni and Danielle, a junior we are really good friends with for lunch today. 

"Guys I took the cutest photo of a flower this morning look!" Danielle is the sunshine incarnated, I have never seen her upset once. Honestly I'm glad she's my friend. We are quite the opposite. I'm not a debby downer but I'm definitely not as high spirited as Dani. Hanni is a good medium between us both so we are a well rounded trio.

"Dani, this looks just like a normal flower." it does. I'm sorry I'm not gonna lie to her.

"Minji. It's not just a flower. Look at how the sunlight is hitting it, it makes it look even more beautiful." she smiles her big smile she does all the time shoving the phone in my face again. I should know better by now Dani is the president of the photography club here so of course it not just a normal flower. 

"It still just looks like a normal flower."

"Does not"

"Does too"

"Does not"

"You two hush and order what you want to eat. I'm tired of waiting on you guys. I'm starving." Hanni pushes Dani and I towards the line of people waiting to order their food.

"Sorry Hanni, Minji just can't appreciate art when she sees it." I scoff and pinch dani on the arm. She yelps and pinches me back. I laugh and pat her head.

"Dani, I love your flower. It's a beautiful photo." Danielle beams at that which causes me and hanni to smile as well. Danielle usually has that effect on people. If she's smiling you are too or you're a psychopath sorry I don't make the rules.

"I knew you loved it!"

"Minji!!" I roll my eyes as I see my little sister run up to us. This is her first year at Ador Prep and she is crazy about this school. I have never seen someone as excited as her to come to school in the mornings.

"Hyein...don't yell, people are gonna stare!"

"People are always staring at you, that is nothing new." She grabs me and hugs me tightly before letting me go. "Hey Dani! Hey Hanni!" She bowed to Dani and Hanni respectively.

"Hey Hyein-ie how has school been so far?" Dani asks as she grabs the plate of food she ordered. She asks her that almost everyday it's been almost a month. I think it's time to move on to different questions.

"So great I've made so many friends and I think I'm gonna try out for the cheer team like Minji." What? She never brought that up before? Tryouts are literally Friday. Why is she bringing this up now?

"Cheer? I didn't know you were gonna try out!?!?"

"Yeah. I was talking to Wonyoung last week and she said I should try out."

"Well I think that's a great idea. Minji is the captain this year so of course you'll make it" I whip my head to Dani's directions trying to make her shut up with my eyes. I can't let Hyein on to the team because they are going to think I'm being biased or something. It was hard enough to become captain with half of the team constantly coming for my throat for things I can't control. I can't help that their boyfriends are constantly trying to get my attention. I don't want it they can have it. We eventually get our food and make our way to our usual table. Hyein bids us a farewell before hopping to her table with her freshman friends.

"Dani, you know I can't just let her on the team."

"Yeah I know I just meant she's most likely good if you are right?" Hanni throws a grape at Dani who throws it back at her.

"That doesn't make any sense. Like seriously how would that make sense?" Hanni makes a good point. I can't just assume that she would be good since I am. I mean I've never seen her cheer before. I don't even think I've seen her do a cartwheel before. We left that topic immediately and started talking about random things like Hanni's upcoming dance competition and Dani trying to recruit some younger people for her club when Jake approached our table.

"Hey Minji, could I speak to you for a moment?" Oh no. I can't do this right now. How can I get out of this? I look around at my friends for help but they both just look down at their food. Great. What good friends they are. Whatever.

"Yeah sure." I get up and walk towards the cafe exit with Jake and turn around squinting my eyes at both Hanni and Danielle. I'll get them back for this. We sat on one of the benches in the hallway. It's kind of awkward for a second no one is saying anything. I was about to just get up and leave when he finally spoke.

"I know we haven't really talked in a while so this is probably really sudden, but would you like to go to the homecoming dance with me." I froze in place and stared at my hands fiddling with my uniform skirt. Suddenly its the most interesting things in the room. I don't even know what to say really. I know that I don't feel that way about him, but then again I do need someone to go to the dance with. It's two weeks away so someone else I like more could ask me, but there is no boy in this school that I like.

"Jake, I don't know. I'm not really looking to date anyone right now and no offense but we didn't actually end on good terms." I finally made eye contact with him and he just started viciously shaking his head.

"No that's okay we can just go as friends and maybe if it goes well we can maybe get back together? I'm really sorry for how things ended with us. I know I said some things that I probably shouldn't have said." So he does want to get back together with me. I really don't want to be with him romantically, but he was a good friend before all of 'that' went down.

FLASHBACK

"I think we should break up"

"What the hell, MInji? What do you mean?? We were literally fine five minutes ago." Jake dropped my hand that he was holding as we were walking through the park. We weren't 'fine' , we never have been. I've never felt romantic attraction towards Jake. I thought I eventually would because he was sweet and he's definitely attractive. I know he loves me, but I can't bring myself to love him.

"I've been thinking about this for a while. Jake, I'm sorry."

"You're such a bitch! You just kept this to yourself stringing me along?" My eyes widened at his outburst. He is usually really sweet and calm so this was definitely unexpected.

"I said I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to go on this long." I take a step back from him as he begins pacing in front of me. I can almost see steam coming out of his ears.

"I should've listened to my friends when they said you were an ice cold bitch that can't love anyone. Why can't you just love me Minji? I've done everything for you. I've been perfect." I turned away from him as I felt my eyes tearing up. Everyone thinks I don't have emotions. Well I do. I can't believe he said that about me.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly as I walk away crying silently to myself. Not because of the break up, but maybe because he is right. Maybe I really can't ever love someone.

END FLASHBACK

"Can I let you know in a couple days I need to think about this." I give him a small smile when I see his expression light up. Maybe I can give us another chance. Maybe I can love him this time.

"Yeah of course! Just let me know!" I stand up, him following soon behind me, and he gives me a big hug before basically galloping away. God what did I just get myself into.

-
Hello fellow Adorians!

Today after lunch did anyone else see that romantic moment between football Captain Jake and Campus Heartthrob Minji. Maybe old flames are being lit again. Honestly...I'm not a big fan. She could do so much better.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 2.7K 32
haerin can "see" the future and tells danielle about her feelings for her, but its too late as she looses some of her memory to a basketball game and...
19.3K 444 25
"You know, I was ready to sacrifice anything for you, even if it meant going against the entire world. Now let me ask you, do you think Y/N would've...
9.7K 462 15
Y/N and Kim Minji have been rivals for the longest time. Whenever she sees Kim Minji, she feels something. story on hold
18.4K 947 17
Kang Haerin, rebellious girl who sucks at college yet made it in. Kim Minji, she's a young college professor who teaches English. Will Kang Haerin's...