Siren

By Raven0822

*Very mature content*Altered timeline* Following a heart wrenching break up with Bucky Barnes, Juno Donahue h... More

Siren
Post-it playlist
We're done
Feeling broken
Goodbyes
Looking back
Henri Richelieu
Drinks
Dinner with the god of Thunder
Better days
Let her go
Call my name
Care Package
Truth hurts
I need you
A little drama for effect
Fii fata mea bună
Apartment hunting
Family date night
If you love her
Moving on
Deuxième partie
A Misunderstanding
Decisions, decisions
This isn't goodbye
Unexpected turnaround
Wedding invitation
This isn't how it's supposed to be
Sequel update

Dinner party gone awry

308 16 8
By Raven0822

Staring silently at the man who should be in a prison cell but was currently sitting across from him, Bucky's glower turns into a grimace when he hears his best friend shouting through the phone. The other man standing next to him gives Buck a sympathetic look knowing that his friend and commander was likely to kick his ass the second he got here. Why you ask? It's because he might have helped Zemo escape from prison, but he had a good reason. Although, if the way Sam was tugging at his collar and the way sweat was beading across his forehead and upper lip was any indication Steve didn't think this plan was as good as he did. Sure Buck should have talked to him ahead of time, but they had a very limited window of time from the moment he talked to Zemo and the time he left the prison to set things in motion. And besides, it wasn't like he had been able to take his cell phone in with him. Still Steve sounded really mad.

Like madder than the time he'd been back in the spring of '31 when Buck had punched Ronnie Tettario for Steve who'd been about to have his much smaller self beaten into the dust. Steve had never liked him stepping in, but that particular day had been one that had his best friend madder than a wet cat because Ronnie had been talkin' out the side of his mouth about Mrs Rogers to Steve's face. Sarah Rogers was a sweet lady who had accepted his no good troublemaker self into her home with open arms like a second son and as such he felt like he had every right to step up and defend her honor as Steve did. His friend on the other hand hadn't felt the same. But Bucky just couldn't let it go. He couldn't stand there on the sidelines listening to his filth about the sweet Irish lady who'd become like a second mother to him and do nothing. It had taken weeks of apologizing and finally telling Steve he'd only step in if it was absolutely necessary for his safety. Granted, little Stevie didn't know that after he stood back like he said he would, Buck would go back around when he'd take him home so Mrs Rogers could patch him up and then beat the tar outta whoever was blockheaded enough to mess with his best pal. This left Bucky wondering how much trouble exactly he was in and how much he was gonna have to grovel for so he not only didn't ruin his friendship, but his tenus pardon.

Finally hearing a stern, "Don't go anywhere. I'm on my way", Sam hangs up the phone with a stunned and slightly sick looking expression on his face. Tucking his cell back into his pocket he spares Zemo an exasperated glance before plopping down in the chair next to the couch. "Buck, what were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that he is our best chance at finding out what exactly is going on and with his connections we can finally find the Power Broker." Rubbing his hand along the back of his neck he hesitantly asked, "How mad is he?"

"Seeing as he was in the middle of Jun and Henri's dinner party at their place, I'd say pretty fucking mad. I mean can you blame him after what you two did? I don't care what connections he has." Pointing aggressively at Zemo who was still sat there silently, Sam raged on. "The man flipped the winter soldier switch in your head and framed you for the bombing in Vienna! He tried and succeeded in tearing the team apart for two years, Buck. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been fugitives on the run not able to see our families and go home."

The need to clarify that it was Henri's apartment not Juno's since she hadn't moved in yet sat on the tip of his tongue, but he figured it was better to shut up at the moment. Buck really didn't like how easily everyone had accepted the idea of her eventually moving in with the Frenchman. But that wasn't what was important right now. What was important was his friend was still pissed off that he'd missed out on two years with his sister and nephews because of the man sitting on the other side of this table. Two years of being chased after by every government all because he'd sided with him and Steve for what was right. It was a sacrifice Bucky could never pay back and would always feel behind on when he tried. The thing of it was, as much as he hated that Zemo was right and that they needed him, he had to do the wrong thing for the right reasons and hope he wouldn't end up in a cell right next to him.

:::::::

"What just happened?"

Looking around the dinner table, Henri waited for someone to explain why Steve had abruptly left the table to call who she assumed was Bucky and Sam, only then beginning to loudly yell at them for doing something stupid. Unsure herself what it was all about, Juno sat there silently while the others kept their mouths shut in stunned silence. No one had ever heard Steve so angry and never this badly at Bucky before that she knew of. Sharing a glance with Tony who shakes his head at her just as confused by what was going on Jun leaned towards her boyfriend. Laying her hand over Henri's she explained, "It's probably classified. However, from what I could gather before he closed the door, Sam and Buck have stepped in some major shit and Steve now has to go dig them out of it."

Flicking his eyes around the room he nods, completely understanding what she was saying. Clearing his throat he smoothly changed the subject to put everyone more at ease while Steve was apparently making another, quieter, phone call. "How about dessert? Juno has made an English trifle. Something that she was turned onto while in London and has become her favorite." Murmurs of accent from around the table have him standing up, gesturing to Juno to stay seated while he scrapes his chair back from the table. "I'll get it, mon coeur." With a smile to all Henri presses a quick kiss to her lips as he stands but not before speaking so only she can hear, "You should go check on, Steve."

While they wait for Henri to come back with dessert, Juno sits there for another minute. Her watchful eyes pan around the table seeing the tense ticks everyone was now displaying. Clenching her hands hidden in her lap in anger she takes a slow deep breath before expelling it just as slowly. Until the phone call they had all been relaxed while they caught up and then Buck had to go and do something to ruin it. For all his talk about wanting to be here the day before when he called to accept her invitation he still couldn't let go and be happy for her. Instead, he had impulsively run off and apparently did something so reckless that it was sending his best friend into a fit of rage so bad that it ruined her night. While deep down she knew whatever his motivations for his mission, they hadn't been to do this, it still didn't make her any less upset.

Softly excusing herself, Juno made her way over to Henri's office where Steve took his phone call. Knocking on the door she slipped inside where he was wrapping up with who she assumed was Fury. Shooting her a look she couldn't quite read Steve huffs out a mumbled curse under his breath. Smiling in return to try and lighten the mood, Juno asked, "Anything I can do to help?" As if weighing his words he shakes his head in exasperation after a long minute. "No? Come on, I might not be a SHIELD agent any more, but that doesn't mean that old colleagues can't talk out a problem."

"No, Juno. I can't talk to you about this." His terse tone had the smile slipping from her face. "You decided to walk away. That means you can't know anything that goes on in or with SHIELD. You don't have the clearance anymore." Taken aback Jun doesn't know what to say to that.

What could she say? He was right of course but the way he was looking at her, the tone in which he was speaking to her.. She knew he was angry at Bucky and so was trying to not take it to heart. Still..."You can't really be serious?" She scoffs humorlessly.

Folding his arms over his chest he looks her straight in the eyes with a hard expression that had her feeling like an outsider for the first time since they met. "I am dead serious, Jun. You wanted out. Then that means you're out. All the way. We're friends, but I won't break protocol just because you're curious about your ex and what he's up to."

"Look, Steve." She paused for a second to get her temper under control. "I get that you're angry about whatever it is Sam and Bucky did, but that doesn't mean that you can talk to me this way. I was just trying to check in since I've never seen you this mad before. Regardless of whether he's my ex or not, I just wanted to help you like you've always done for me."

"Well you can't help me because I can't talk to you about any of this!" Running his hand through his honey blonde hair Steve curses again. "I have to go before those two cause any more trouble." Crossing the room he stops just beside Juno, staring at the half open door before glancing down at her, but she avoids his gaze. Seeing a glimmer of tears shining in her eyes he instantly feels remorseful. Softening his tone he goes to apologize but she cuts him off. "I'm sorry, Jun-bug-"

"Save it, Steve. Just go." Without looking at him she opened the door and walked back out to the silent dining room. Sitting back down in her seat she avoids looking anyone in the eye knowing they had to have heard some of their conversation.

Following behind her Steve apologizes to everyone for having to run, but he needed to go. "Piet, Wanda. You two are with me." Trying and failing to catch her gaze he also apologized to Juno. "I'm sorry, Jun. Truly. When I get back we'll talk."

"It's fine. We don't have anything to talk about." Forcing a smile she stands to give each of the Maximoff twins a hug telling them, "Be safe. Don't do anything stupid and I'll see you when you get back." Sitting back down she picked up her spoon and began to eat the dessert she'd worked so hard on pointedly ignoring Steve until they left. However once the door closed behind them she couldn't pretend to be fine anymore. Placing her napkin on the table she used a headache as an excuse to end the night early. "I'm really glad you guys were able to come over, but my head is killing me. I'm gonna go lay down."

Going around the table she gives everyone a hug stopping only when Pepper holds onto her hands. "I'm so sorry, Jun. We'll talk to Steve-"

Shaking her head, Juno tells her to forget about it. "He's right. I'm a civilian now. There are things I just don't have the clearance to know anymore. Thanks for coming though." With a kiss to her cheek Jun headed up to Henri's bedroom.

She changed out of her carefully chosen pantsuit into leggings and a tank top. It wasn't long though before her restless energy got the better of her and so she left his room after changing into her bathing suit heading up for the enclosed pool. Maybe doing some laps would expel some of this restlessness that had her feeling like she needed to punch something or someone. Halfway through her fourth lap, Juno felt eyes on her. Finishing up she held onto the wall of the pool and looked over to see Henri standing there. Hands tucked into his pockets as he looked down at her with a small smile on his lips. "Your friends all went home. Care for some company or do you want to be alone?"

Slicking back her hair from her face she sighs as she tipped back her head to look up at the evening sky. The few stars that could be seen twinkle through the glass ceiling at her with a dimmed light. It was a beautiful view, one she didn't mind sharing at the moment. Shifting her eyes over to the handsome man gazing adoringly at her she smiles back. "Company would be nice."

Juno watched as Henri slowly unbuttoned his white dress shirt, tugging the expensive material from his pants before tossing it to the floor. Next he kicked his loafers off to the side then reached for his belt, undoing the buckle all the while keeping his gaze locked on hers. Juno's eyes tracked every movement hungrily as he gripped the end before sliding it out of his belt loops with a snap. Shivering with anticipation at the equally hungry look in his eyes as he stripped both his dress pants and his underwear off in one go, Juno clamped her bottom lip between her teeth at the sight of his strong body bathed in moonlight. Now fully naked, Henri gracefully dives into the pool coming up for air a moment later next to her. Without words he scoops her into his arms wrapping her legs around his waist as he treds water to keep them afloat. Kissing her neck he nuzzles his face into her shoulder. "I'm sorry your dinner was ruined, darling."

"Our dinner." She says, threading her fingers through his thick dark hair. "I know everyone's had the chance to meet you a few times, but I wanted them to really get to know you. To include you now that we're together." Resting her chin on his shoulder, Juno hugs Henri tightly. They'd been gone for most of the summer so her friends and family hadn't had a chance to see them as a couple. To see how happy he made her and after the year that she'd had she felt like she'd earned some happiness. To show it and him off a little.

Speaking softly even though it was just the two of them, Henri slowly swims them over to the shallow end of the pool. "There will always be more dinners, Juno." Pecking a kiss to the side of her face he pulls back enough to look into her eyes. "That's not what made you so upset though." While he knew she was upset with what happened between her and Steve, that wasn't what had been eating at her all evening. Bucky's name went unsaid but he lingered there all the same. "It's okay."

"It's not okay. He said we'd be friends. That he would try and the first chance he gets, he bolts and ruins our dinner and also probably his job. I understand that he's not happy that things didn't work out between us, but it's been months. Hell it's been over a year since we broke up. If he was dating someone I would be happy for him! I'd try to include her into the group, make her feel welcome." Panting a little at her impassioned speech Juno deflates feeling angry at Bucky and upset because it wasn't fair to Henri who has been so patient with her.

As if sensing where her mind was at, he tips her chin up to look him in the eyes. With a firm expression his eyes flit back and forth over her face. "I understand and it's okay. I knew what I was getting into when I pursued you. Who I was up against for your heart."

"But you do have my heart." She interrupts, leaning up to kiss him hoping to reassure him of that fact. Cupping the nape of his neck Juno tried to deepen it when he again pulled back. Pinching her brows together with confusion, she worried that her history with Bucky had just ruined everything with the man whose arms she was in.

"I know I do, mon coeur. But so does Bucky." She opened her mouth to apologize for that when he placed his thumb over her lips. "He will always own a piece of your heart, just like I'm sure you do his. That's the way it is when you love someone the way you loved each other." Moving his finger away Henri cradles the side of her face. "It doesn't mean that I'll be unfulfilled with the love you give me now. It just means that I'll work harder to show you that I don't mind that he'll be a part of your life. I don't hold it against him for how he feels. I know what it's like to lose you. Not in the way he did of course. But it didn't lessen the pain any just because I only knew you for a few months instead of years." Voice deepening with desire he tells her, "You're worth all of the pain I endured and more waiting for you to come back to me."

Melting at the things he was telling her had Juno feeling like she couldn't hold back anymore. She had to have him, right now. Wiggling her bottoms off she rewrapped her legs around his waist and reached between them for his half hardened cock. Gripping it firmly in her hand she pumped his shaft while she attacked his mouth with hers. "I love you."

"Je t'aime tellement, mon amour." Holding her by the thighs he angles her so that she could guide him into her body. Kissing her just as greedily Henri holds her up while he works his hips back and forth, the water churning around them as they lose themselves in each other. Walking them to the side of the pool he lifts her out of the water to lay back on the heated tiles. Spreading her thighs open wider he grabs her waist as he braces himself to slam deep inside her over and over and over again. Murmuring words of how much he loves her between curses all in French as her eyes stray up to the twinkling stars has Juno bearing down on his cock with her orgasm.

"Herni.." She gasps on a moan as her body trembles with her release. With a growl he chases after his own release, but he isn't satisfied with her just letting go once. He wants her screaming to the stars when he finishes inside her. Reaching between her thighs he rubs furiously on her clit shocking Juno into sitting up as bolts of pleasure shoot through her core. "Fuck, Henri! God.."

"Again for me, mon coeur. Come with me." He demands between kisses. Unable to do anything else she does as he tells her. Tugging his head down to hers, Juno let's go with a cry that he swallows down as he devours her mouth while shuddering with the force of his release. Eyes closed, she rests her forehead against his cheek as they catch their breath. With a soft groan Henri pulls himself from her body spent for the moment. Pressing a gentle kiss to her lips he gets out of the pool and helps her to her feet. "Come. Let's get cleaned up and go to bed."

Nodding, Juno kneels to swipe her bathing suit bottoms out of the water while he gathers up his clothes. Walking back up to his room naked they head straight into the bathroom to take a shower to wash off the chlorine of the pool. With soft words and kisses they lather each other's bodies before rinsing off to wash their hair. Once their done Henri grabs her a towel and dries her off then himself. Scooping her up he carries her into the bedroom and deposits her on the bed. "Where are you going?" She asks when he doesn't immediately join her.

"I'll be right back. Get under the covers." He says shooting her a wink over his shoulder as he leaves the bedroom still naked. Coming back a few minutes later with a bowl filled with the trifle she'd made and two spoons he crawled into bed with a grin at the way she lights up. Holding the bowl he hands her one of the spoons. "I figured this would help improve your mood."

"You know me so well." She chuckles a little as she scoops up a bite. Closing her eyes at the sweet taste of the pudding and the jam mixed with the ladyfingers. When she opens her eyes they widen when Juno sees the open ring box sitting on the bed between them. Swallowing roughly she stares down at the tasteful asscher cut diamond set in a platinum band. "Henri.."

Taking her hand in his he shifts to face her better. Running his thumb along the backs of her knuckles he says, "I love you, Jun. And while we haven't been together for long I know what I want. I want a life with you. A family. I'm not asking right now if you aren't ready, but I wanted you to know that I want it all with you. Every moment for the rest of our lives, I want to share every second of it with you."

Placing the spoon back in the bowl she picks up the ring box with a small frown. Thinking back to when she was helping him look for a place to live, Juno remembered the feeling of despair at the future she'd lost out on with Bucky and couldn't handle the thought of sharing it with anyone else. But now? Taking her hand back from his Juno plucked the ring out of the box and slipped it on her left ring finger staring at it. She waited to feel like it didn't belong there, but the longer she waited the more it didn't feel wrong. Henri loved her and she loved him. He wanted everything single thing she's wanted for the last few years and was willing to give her everything her heart desired no matter how long he had to wait to give it to her.

Looking up into his brown eyes again expecting to feel like this wasn't the right moment, the right man, but again it doesn't happen. "I'm ready. I'm more than ready. I want all of that with you and more. Henri, I want to be your wife." The smile of pure happiness that breaks across his face had her matching it when he leaned down to kiss her.

"You're sure?" At her emphatic nod he moves their dessert to the bedside table then turns back to her and pulls her under him. Settling between her thighs he links their hands together to bring the ring up to his lips. Kissing it he smiles down at her. "You have no idea how much I can't wait to make you mine forever." With a shift of his hips he slides his aching cock into her with one smooth practiced motion making her gasp when he bottoms out. Moving slowly with long steady strokes he makes love to her whispering sweet nothings as he trails kisses everywhere he could reach.

After a few minutes of the euphoric feelings he was giving her, Juno pushed until he was on his back. Needing to be in charge at this moment she climbed on top of him and impaled herself on his rock hard shaft and rode him in languishing waves. Hands on his abdomen for support she moved her left hand up until it rested over his heart so she could look at her engagement ring. Moving her hips faster Juno rides Henri harder making him call out her name when she rolls her body as she claims him. It doesn't take long for either of them to find their release. Spent, Juno keeps their bodies connected as she lays down on his heaving chest. Tucking her head under Henri's chin as he wraps his arms around her to hold her close.

Snuggling into him a little more she sighs out contentedly ready for the future Henri promised her to begin. As they lay there he shifted them up a bit so he could feed them their dessert. No mention of dates or anything else came up. They each focus on just enjoying this next step in their relationship. For half a second Bucky flits through her mind, but for once she doesn't feel anything about him. It was more like she was finally letting him go. It was a bittersweet moment really. Shoving him out of her mind completely so as to not ruin this as well with thoughts of what could have been, Juno places a kiss on Henri's lips and lays back down. This wasn't at all how she thought the night would end after the disaster of a dinner happened, but she couldn't be happier.

:::::::

Two days later

While he was forced to sit across from a still very much pissed off Steve, Bucky shifted his gaze out the window of the private plane Zemo owned. They were chasing down the leads Buck risked everything for when Wanda, Pietro, Sam and Steve's phones all went off at the same time. While it wasn't unusual that they would receive texts in the group chat, it was strange however that he wasn't included. Mind too busy with how to make sure that Zemo didn't screw him over, Bucky wasn't too bothered by not being included for once. Although when all four of them looked up from their phones at nearly the same time to look at him with nervous expressions his stomach roiled with dread. What could have them looking at him like that? Shifting up in his seat he glances around at them all with a deep frown. "What?"

When no one says anything he frowns harder until a minute later his own phone goes off. Placing his hand on the table between them Steve shares a panicked look with Sam who was staring back down at his phone with wide eyes. "Buck, wait. Before you read that-"

"It's fine, Steve." He waves his friends' concern off. If he was being fired for his scheme with the Sokovian he could handle it. It wasn't like he wasn't expecting to have Fury on his ass ever since Steve had called them the other day. So far so good, but that would only last for so long before the Director was ready to deal with him.

Biting her lip nervously, Wanda tries to warn him before he could see what they all know is going to be waiting for him to read. "No, Bucky, you don't understand-"

Pulling out his cellphone from his pocket he unlocks it and taps on the text notification not reading the contact name as he shakes his head at her. "I said it's fine. I-" Looking down at the message his heart seized up in his chest. He had to read it twice more for him to believe that this was real. That Juno and Henri were getting married. Bucky didn't realize how hard he had been gripping his phone until the screen cracked, partially obscuring her text. "Fuck."

"Buck, if you want to talk.." Holding up his hand he shakes his head as he goes to stand. As much as he appreciated Sam's offer he just couldn't right now. Right now he needed a moment to himself away from the sympathetic looks from his friends and teammates. Making his way down the aisle to the bathroom he avoids looking at anyone. Not knowing what was happening but able to read the room, Zemo keeps his mouth shut as he silently watches Barnes drop the broken phone on the table as he heads for the front of the plane.

While the others speak in low voices he leans forward just a bit to read the message that was still open. Not recognizing the name but piecing together from the few snatches of heated conversations about the Sergeant's former girlfriend over the last couple of days, he concluded it was from Juno Donahue. The gist of her message read that she was getting married and she wanted him to hear it from her before someone else said anything to him. He couldn't read the name of her fiancé, but it didn't matter. While he and Barnes would never be friends he didn't envy the other man the heartbreak he was currently feeling. However now that Steve Rogers was involved in their endeavor he knew he had to be doubly careful. When the time was right he would make his escape, but until then he needed the other man to have his head in the game otherwise this could go sideways before he was ready. Although maybe if he pressed at just the right time he could use this information to his advantage.

-author's note-
1

/20/23

Sorry for all the updates. I wrote this out mainly on Wattpad instead of Google docs so I went back and fixed mistakes and added a couple small things. As a result I'm already working on the next chapter. No promises on when it'll be out though.

-Raven

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.7K 2.3K 73
~ Goodbye's are bittersweet But it's not the end I'll see your face again ~ ••• The life of Lexie Williams Avenger ▪︎ Necromancer ▪︎ Hero ••...
5.3K 44 20
•REQUESTS CLOSED• •BOOK IS FINISHED• I (obviously) don't own any of the MCU characters, just the storylines, and add-in characters.
317K 5.4K 51
The title says all! *Tony Stark* *Bucky Barnes* *Loki Laufeyson* *Thor Odinson* *Natasha Romanoff* *Pietro Maximoff* *Wanda Maximoff* *Steven Rogers*...
56.2K 1.5K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...