Riptide (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever... More

Meet Sandrelly
Rules
Talking
Surf's Up
Stream
Bruises
Broken Arm
Home Sweet Home
Catchup
BBQ
Ava
Team VS Team
Scared
Peter
The Streets
Halstead
I miss mom
The Man In Black
Punch Ups
Abs
The Chase
I say it's him
British
Gone wrong
Heartbreak
Resting time
Hospital
Who is Ava?
Ducks
Home for the Holidays

Neon Paint

925 18 1
By KNeill006

"What normally happens in this parade that you need so many cops?" Asked San as she paid for everyone's coffee.

"We've had a few people try and steal from corner shops because they think that everyone is at the parade. Corner shops don't shut till about one."

"Oh. Nice. So like last minute supplies."

"Yeah. Some duct tape because someone's costume broke." Said Adam as he looked towards Kevin.

"We were with kids. I had to fix it somehow and I think you're forgetting that I borrowed a costume. Have you seen my muscles?"

"We can't miss your muscles, Kev." Laughed San.

"I thought you were on my side, San."

"I don't take sides. I have no clue what you two are going on about."

"He nearly flashed his ass to like a thousand people."

"I didn't think that if I bent over, it would rip."

"Oh god, Kevin." Laughed San.

"Take your stations, guys." Said Hank.

"Yo, Kim. You're with me." Said San.

"Yess. I don't have to listen to how much people butcher Paella from Antonio."

"I'm sorry Kim but most food places here do butcher it. Annie's doesn't." Said San and jogged off with Kim.

"Gotta love her."

"Bro? You serious." Said Kevin.

"You know what I mean. We're friends."

"You're telling me that the day she walked through the door a month ago, you didn't plan on falling in love with her."

"We're friends, Kevin."

"Whatever you say man."

We both started laughing as we watched San do the salsa with some guy that was part of the parade. Her smile was big as she danced and jumped around.

"Wait till nighttime, you'll love it." Said Antonio as he walked up to her at lunch.

"God, I love Chicago."

"As much as Brazil?" I asked.

"That's a big question."

"Fair enough."

"Do you guys sell powder paints?"

"Yeah, here you go." Said the cashier and handed some over.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she took off the lid to one of the twenty bottles she bought.

"Having fun, Halstead."

"Antonio, grab some paint and hand it out to families. I'm doing this my way."

"What is she going on about?" Asked Ethan as he approached us.

"She said they used to have a big summer party on the beach. They would throw neon paint at each other and dance around a bonfire. It was like a real party." Explained Will.

"She should do that at Kelly's BBQ." Suggested Adam.

"She already is." Said Kelly as he joined us.

He had pink and green paint over his face and on his clothes.

"She looks like she is having fun." Said Hank as he walked over covered in blue and gold paint.

"I didn't think the old man would come to this." Said Kelly.

"How old do you think I am?" Said Hank and death stared him.

"Sorry, Voight. Didn't think it was your scene."

"She practically begged me to come."

"We're glad you're here." I said and patted him on the back.

"Please tell me there is fireworks later." Said San.

"Yes there is fireworks and music."

"I love this parade."

"Jay, stay with her please."

"She's like a child. A drunk child."

"Jay. Go." Said Hank and everyone just laughed.

I followed San around for the rest of the day and watched her join in with some dancing. She even pulled me in to dance with her.

"Not really a fan of dancing."

"Don't be so grumpy, Halstead."

"Okay. Okay. I'm coming."

"Not quick enough." I heard her mutter under her breath.

I froze in my spot and just looked at her before letting out a chuckle. This girl is going to be the death of me.

"Kelly, look after her."

"I don't need to be looked after. It's called having fun. Let loose, people."

"Okay. C'mon. You need water." Said Will as he took her hand.

"I'm not drunk, William."

"No shit. If you were drunk, Hank would order you to go home."

"Good point."

*Will's Pov*

We were handing out water to people when a guy approached us and started talking to Sandrelly. I swear I could see Jay's jaw tick as he looked over and then started to approach.

"Hey, Sandrelly. Give me a hand over here, yeah?"

"One moment, Jay. I'm talking to someone."

"San."

"I haven't seen you in years. Not since I left with Andre."

"Hey, Michael. How's the stripping going?"

"Stripping?" Asked Jay.

"A friend of mine, Andre used to be a stripper. They both moved to London." Said San.

"Hm." Hummed Jay.

I pulled him towards me and smacked him in the arm before I handed him some water to give out.

"I can still show you a few skills. My offer still stands."

"Yeah, I remember. You offered me a strip show in front of my boyfriend and I had to stop him from breaking your jaw."

"Yeah that was my mistake."

"He better not make it again." Said Jay towards me.

I looked towards Sandrelly to warn her not to make Jay jealous or angry and luckily, she understood.

"Sorry, Michael. I don't like you like that."

"Nah it's cool. See you around, Ellie."

"See ya."

"You dated a stripper?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. I think Antonio wants to party with you." I said and pointed to where he was doing the salsa.

"See you later, guys."

Much later in the evening, we had watched the fireworks and then headed to one of the parties that was held at a nightclub. The unit was now off the clock and so was I as a backup Paramedic.

"So shut up and dance with me!" Shouted the crowd as they jumped up and down with one hand punching the air.

"Shut up and dance with me!" Shouted Sandrelly as she pointed towards Jay.

Jay let out a small laugh before he joined San on the dance floor but he pulled me with him. I pulled Kelly over with me, who brought Stella over with him.

Jay looked towards the unit with embarrassment as he swayed awkwardly.

"Don't do you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me." Said Sandrelly as she put her hands on his face and got Jay to face her.

I watched as they smiled at each other and looked into each other's eyes. Wow, they are so in love with each other but they are both stubborn as hell, so they won't admit it.

Kevin came up behind Jay with powder paint on his hands and pressed his hands on Jay's chest area to make it look like someone was grabbing his pecs.

"Kev owns you now." Laughed Sandrelly.

"So if I do that to you, do I own you." He whisper shouted in her ear.

Sandrelly started blushing but soon ducked her head so Jay couldn't see her. I showed a small smile before the chorus started playing again and we started dancing. This was such a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 3.7K 49
[ season 2,3 & 4 of Chicago P.D. ] [undergoing minor grammar and spelling editing] Life hasn't been kind to Spencer Grey. She's been through more tha...
158K 3.2K 37
After Erin left the unit a month ago jay had been stuck with no partner since hank couldn't find a suitable match for the team, that was until a cert...
36.7K 1.3K 23
Why did Ray leave the city of Los Santos and what made her comeback? This is just for fun and to practice writing. No shipping of content creators...
36.3K 499 16
Abigail Smith, also known as Abi, is a sweet girl who is alone. Has always been alone and will probably always be alone. She meets Jay Halstead and t...