๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ง๐—ง๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—›๐—”๐—ช๐—ž๐—ฆ || k...

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™๐™ช๐™จ๐™—๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™˜๐™๐™ž๐™ก๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ก๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™—๐™ค๐™ช... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 25

12.5K 612 63
By ASTRAGAZER-

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Hawks is in the living room. It's been exactly twenty minutes since the 30-minute timer went off and you were still outside. While he's sitting on the couch, the phone on the coffee table in front, Hawks took it and stared at the time.

He just wants to make sure the time on his phone is right. He glanced at the digital clock ahead and it was exactly the same.

"Where is she," he muttered, starting to get worried all of a sudden.

As the time ticked by, Hawks couldn't contain his worry and when ten minutes passed and you hadn't arrived yet, Hawks decided to call you. Had you not answered after a few rings, Hawks would have flown out the house right that instant and looked for you. But when he heard your voice, he couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief.

"What?" you asked when you heard the sigh. "Were you that worried?"

"Why wouldn't I? You're supposed to be home thirty minutes ago."

"Things happened," you said nonchalantly, looking out the window as you remembered what occurred earlier.

"What things?" Hawks asked almost instantly.

Though you don't recall who those guys were, they knew you, at least they knew who you were. It's not like you keep tabs on your enemies back in the Underground, especially when they weren't exactly that much of a threat.

"Don't worry much about it," you said. "I'm almost there. I'm hanging up now."

You ended the call as the car slowed down. You glanced at the box of cake, the cake now ruined because of those guys. You still think altering their memories and punching the shit out of that guy weren't enough. But you don't want to think much about it now.

You have more things to think about. More important things, so just as the car halted, you decided to clear your thoughts about the incident that happened earlier and decided to focus on the more important thing.

After paying the cab, you walked to the house and the moment you opened the door and stepped inside, a blur of red suddenly came before you were engulfed in a hug. You weren't able to react at first because of the abruptness, until a moment later when Hawks leaned back, you looked at him.

"Aren't you..." you started, before letting out a chuckle and then clearing your throat. "Overreacting? I was just gone for barely an hour and you're like this already."

"Barely an hour? You said you'd be back in thirty minutes."

You started to make your way to the kitchen and Hawks followed.

"Where are the twins?" you asked, putting the box of cake on the table.

"They fell asleep."

"I see," you muttered, untying the ribbon around the box. "Then, we'll have more time to do this."

Instead of asking 'do what', you noticed Hawks' eyes were at your hands and before you realized it, he had seized your hand and looked at your reddened knuckles, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What in the world happened to your hand?" he asked, his jaws clenching and unclenching. "Who the hell did this, Y/n?"

He sounded annoyed, no, he sounded angry. You didn't pull back your hand as you answered.

"I did," you said and Hawks looked up at you.

"You...did?" he asked, his hold slowly loosening as you lowered down your hand.

"I told you, things happened," you said casually, opening the box.

"What exactly happened, Y/n?" He held your shoulders and made you turn around, your back pressed on the edge of the counter and Hawks moved closer to you, his hands on each side of you, propped on the counter.

You let out an inaudible sigh. "Some guys who recognized me played some underhanded trick causing the twins' birthday cake to fall on the ground and it was all ruined. Naturally, I got pissed so I punched one of them."

You looked at your knuckles. They're red, and some bruises were forming.

"I didn't know that guy's face was that hard. At least I broke his nose."

Hawks held your hand and he lowered his head as he let out a heavy sigh. You looked at him, he seemed so worried over something that is barely even troubling.

"Y/n," he started before lifting his head to look at you. "They didn't hurt you anywhere?"

"No," you said. "Aside from my knuckles that got injured from punching that hard face of his, they didn't hurt me."

"Alright," he nodded. "But you're not going outside without me from now on."

You didn't say anything, you pulled back your hand but Hawks didn't let go. Though his hold didn't tighten, he was careful not to hurt your hand.

"And let me apply ointment on your knuckles so it would heal fast."

"I'm alright," you said but he was already pulling you to the living room.

You guess sparing a few minutes would be alright. Since the twins wouldn't wake up until dinner. Though you were worried they might not be able to sleep early tonight. You just have to refrain from putting them to sleep at this hour once they start going to school.

When Hawks came back with the ointment, he sat beside you and held your hand. He carefully put the cold ointment on your knuckles, cautiously and gently. You glanced at him to see that he's way too focused on what he is doing.

And then you found yourself lifting your hand, before you knew it, you had brushed his hair behind his ear as Hawks stopped for a second before he looked at you.

"I just realized something," he said.

"What?"

"You aren't..." he glanced down and you did as well. "...wearing a ring."

"Why would I wear a ring?" you asked almost instinctively before you realized it and you glanced down. You frowned when you looked at his hands. "You aren't wearing one either."

You looked at him, an eyebrow raised in question and Hawks closed his hand. "The thing is, I–"

"It doesn't matter," you said, cutting him off before you averted your gaze from him. "You can just buy another pair for us when you have time."

"You didn't let me finish," he said and you looked back at him. "I still have our rings."

You watched as he took something around his neck, it wasn't noticeable because it was under his shirt but when he took it out you realized what it was.

"A necklace?" you asked and you glanced down to see there were two rings.

"Yours and mine," he said before he put it back inside his shirt. "But what you suggested was better. I'll buy us a new pair."

Hawks took a gauze and wrapped it around your knuckles, tying it gently but securely before he stood up.

"Ah, you said something about having more time to do this. To do what exactly?"

You looked past him and to the kitchen where the box of cake is before looking back at Hawks.

"I told you, the twins' birthday cake was ruined. I thought maybe we could make some icing and redecorate it? Since the cake itself wasn't ruined."

"We still have time before the twins wake up," Hawks said before he grinned. "Let's do it."

You didn't know why you didn't think that there is a high chance you two might make more mess, or at least Hawks would. You should have known better when you saw that grin of his.

He made it seem like an accident, when he wiped an icing on your cheek. Of course you made it look like you didn't mean it, when you wiped an icing on his cheek as well. You thought that would make you even, but it was just the beginning as Hawks made it more obvious that he was doing that on purpose when he put icing on the tip of your nose.

"Stop it," you reprimanded him when you saw from the corner of your eye that Hawks was about to wipe an icing on your cheek again.

"I'm warning you. If you put that on my face," you turned to him. "I won't sleep with you tonight."

Hawks stopped before he put his finger with the icing in his mouth, licking it off and then gulping down as he smiled.

You shook your head as you wiped the icing on your cheek. "I'm going to take a short shower."

You started to walk off when Hawks held your arm and pulled you back before holding your face and leaned in, licking the icing left on the tip of your nose, taking you aback as you stood there frozen until he leaned back and looked at you.

"Oh? There's also icing on your lips, Y/n."

"What?" you were caught by surprise again when he wiped an icing on your lips before he closed the gap between you two and licked it off and then sealed your lips with his.

Whether it was the icing or his lips, you opened your mouth to get a taste of the sweetness as Hawks kissed you more. After a while you both leaned back, your face now flushed as you looked at him.

"I said I was going to take a short shower."

"How about we do it together?"

You put your hands on his chest and took a step back. "How about you watch the twins? They might wake up any time now."

You turned around, aware that Hawks is still looking at your back so you stopped and looked at him.

"Besides, you did say we'll have more than enough time once the twins start going to school." You winked at him before continuing to walk upstairs, leaving Hawks feeling like that.

"At this rate, I might not be able to wait until the twins start going to school," he muttered with a sigh as he lowered his head. "You're such a tease, Y/n."

At the same time you and Hawks finished redecorating the twins' birthday cake, back in the pastry shop, the two guys you altered the memories of were at. Just as the guy finished the last piece of cake after knocking off the other guy who was trying to stop him, someone entered the establishment.

The man who entered looked at the guy passed out on the floor before he looked at the other guy who started to run towards the door, clutching his stomach before his head bumped on the man standing in front and stumbled back, throwing up in front of him.

"Are you done?" the man asked after a while. Then he grabbed a handful of the guy's hair and yanked his head back. "I told you two to wait for me, what the fuck is going on here?"

"B-Boss?" the guy asked.

"Fuck, you reek of vomit. Disgusting shit," he said before putting his foot on the guy's shoulder and kicking him back.

"What happened here?" the man asked the lady who looked terrified as she visibly gulped.

"I–I don't know. They just suddenly went into the shop and that guy started buying all the cakes while the other one stopped him."

The man stood there, contemplating for a moment until he scoffed. "How odd. It's like someone told them to do it."

Because someone really did. Someone who can alter their memories, though the man couldn't be certain of it. Since it's been a while since the last time he saw you. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5K 20
Thanks to Izuku's quirk, he was left behind, abandoned by his own mother. For her, his wings were a curse and not a blessing, including his healing q...
22.2K 1.3K 23
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค ๐Š๐๐Ž๐– ๐๐Ž ๐„๐•๐ˆ๐‹ โ”โ” โI have the power to control those I consider to be of lesser rank than myself; be thankful I don't feel like using it...
14K 319 39
(Completed) in this noncanon future, a large family full of doctors with soulmate quirks started sharing their power with the world. But (Y/n) doesn'...
67.1K 1.1K 30
Becoming a hero was an alright job to you. You attend a hero meeting and finally get to meet the youngest hero "Hawks". Your life was normal until yo...