Riptide (Chicago PD)

Par KNeill006

Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever... Plus

Rules
Talking
Surf's Up
Stream
Bruises
Neon Paint
Broken Arm
Home Sweet Home
Catchup
BBQ
Ava
Team VS Team
Scared
Peter
The Streets
Halstead
I miss mom
The Man In Black
Punch Ups
Abs
The Chase
I say it's him
British
Gone wrong
Heartbreak
Resting time
Hospital
Who is Ava?
Ducks
Home for the Holidays

Meet Sandrelly

2.4K 27 11
Par KNeill006

It was a normal day in Intelligence where everyone was waiting on a case to arrive while another part of them wanted to go home.

"We have a new addition to the team." Announced Hank as everyone sat down at their desks.

"If it's a woman, keep it in your pants, Halstead." Said Antonio.

"Just because you haven't got any for a while, Dawson." He shot back.

"Both of you, pack it in." Said Hank.

"Please welcome Sandrelly Santos." Smiled Hank as the young blonde girl walked up the steps.

She had a big smile on her face and was dressed in black jeans with a grey top and a white winter hat on her head.

"Unusual first name." Said Kim.

"I'm from Brazil."

"Nice." Said Kim.

"Tell us something about yourself." Said Kevin.

"Um...I like trucks. I know it's not that exciting."

"No I like it." Said Jay with a cheeky grin.

Hank walked up to him and smacked him round the back of the head before he asked Sandrelly to follow him.

She took a seat in his office and he closed the doors while making eye contact with the boys to warn them.

*Hank's Pov*

"Welcome to Chicago and the Unit." I said as she took a seat in front of me.

"Thank you Sargent Voight."

"You can just call me Voight."

"Oh."

"If you're comfortable with that?"

"Yeah of course."

"I will most likely call you Santos but if there is any other nicknames."

"You can call me San or Ellie. I don't mind either."

"So, what brings you to Chicago?"

"The job offer."

"You reached out to my Unit as well as many others."

"You asked around about me?"

"Yeah. Twenty eight year old Detective wants to leave the beautiful country of Brazil and move to Chicago. Literally emails every single unit, hoping someone would take her. It's a bit strange."

Sandrelly sat there uncomfortably, confused on what to say. She thought he accepted her because she was good not because she was desperate.

"I promise you I'm a good Detective, Sargent Voight. I'm not that desperate."

"I didn't say anything about desperation. That was all you."

"Listen, Sargent Voight. I really want this job and I hope I can meet your expectations. But if you don't want me, I completely understand. I don't want your pity because no one else decided to take me. I will get out of your hair and leave. Sorry for taking up your time." Said Sandrelly as she started to stand.

"Woah. Hang on a minute." Said Hank and stood up.

"Sorry Sargent Voight." She said.

"Stop apologising. You haven't wasted any of my time, I promise. I want you on my team. I accepted you because you are a good cop, I've read your file."

"Thank you Sargent."

"C'mon, take a seat."

"Yes, Sarge. I mean Sargent Voight. Please don't hurt me. I didn't mean to."

*Sandrelly's Pov*

I don't mind people calling me San, a lot of people call me it. I hate when people shout it.

My old unit was very different. If you called our Sargent by the wrong name or called him Sarge, even if you called him Sir, he would call you into his office and then punish you. There was always different punishments but the main one would be a slap round the face or a fist to the stomach. There was much worse punishments but I've only ever had to deal with one once.

*One Year Ago*

"Sargent James, I really don't think we should enter. Not without more backup."

"I took you into my unit because people said you were brave, not a pussy. Put your big girl pants on and follow me."

"I refuse to enter. I'm not having my body be rolled out in a body bag for my family to have to look at."

He grabbed me by my top and slammed my head into the wall before grabbing me by my hair.

"If I were you, I would get moving."

"Yes Sarge."

"What did you just say?"

"Yes, Sargent James."

"Let's go."

We walked in with our guns raised and went through each room before we stopped to look at an open book case.

"How typical." I whispered.

"Go on." He said.

"Are you not coming with?"

"I'll search the upstairs."

"Okay. We'll go together."

"You follow my orders. Go."

"That's not how we do things."

"We?"

"I'm sorry. I meant you."

"Exactly. Go."

As soon as I stepped through the door, I knew something was wrong. The place was brightly lit up and it was empty. Why keep a door open if there was nothing to see?

I turned around as quick as I could and legged it up the stairs but it was too late.

There he was.

Blood dripping down his face and soaking through his shirt. I dived down to the floor as shots went off. I fired back but they just ran. We had been chasing these people for three years. One hundred people had died because of them. I looked down to my Sargent, who was reaching his arm up to me.

"I'm sorry, Sarge. You've always said do your job not the Paramedics."

Shots fired at West Street 557, calling for backup. Roll and ambulance to my address as soon as possible.

I ran out the door and after the suspects. It was hard to find them but eventually, I was chasing them down a street shooting forwards as they shot back. I hopped the fence and then a wall before running out into the road. A police car came out and hit one suspect and I left the cops to deal with him as I carried on running. We were coming up to a bridge that was in the process of being built.

I ran as far as I could and watched them jump into the water perfectly. They bobbed back up before they began swimming. I looked down and just froze. I can't. It's not the fear of jumping, it's the fear of being surrounded by water.

I called for water police and then turned around to be met with Sammy, my bestfriend.

"Where are they?" He asked.

"Down there."

"C'mon. We have to jump. You risked The Sargent dying for this, you can risk your life jumping into the water."

"Sammy, you know I can't."

"Let's go."

"You can but I'm not going with you. I have to go back to Sarge."

He was okay. He ended up being out of work for three weeks and had to have his spleen removed. Sammy and the other boys caught the two suspects and were rewarded with badges. I don't care about some badge but I do care about respect because I lost everyone's respect. Out of everyone, I thought that Sammy would at least understand but I was wrong.

I reached out to other places, places far away from Brazil. Finally someone reached out and said that they would take me. Chicago was going to be my new home.

I packed everything up and left my desk as soon as possible. I didn't tell anyone I was leaving apart from the day that I was leaving. They all just shrugged and threw insults towards me.

"San! Get here now!"

"Yes, Sarge." I said without thinking.

"Hopefully your new Sargent can smack some sense into you. You need to learn to respect people."

"Respect goes both ways."

"Then tell me why you left me bleeding out."

"I was following your rules. You're a cop not a Paramedic. You do your job, they'll do theirs."

"It's a bit different when it's your Sargent."

"How?"

"Because it is. I've let so many things slip recently..."

I didn't let him finish his sentence as I legged it towards the door and towards the steps. I was so close but someone just had to stop me. I was thrown to the floor and received kick after kick, punch after punch until I could barely breathe.

As soon as they were done and gone, I got up and left. I caught my flight and got the hell out of Maceió and away from Brazil.

When I arrived in Chicago, I went straight to the closest hospital after I had dropped all my stuff off at my apartment.

"Hi, I'm a nurse. Can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm really lost. I'm just trying to find the entrance."

"This way, I'll take you. Do you have an appointment?"

"No, I was wondering if I could just walk in."

"Yes you can. If you don't mind me asking, what seems to be the problem?"

"Just a bit of stomach pains."

"Okay. Dr Halstead, can you take a look at..."

"...Sandrelly."

"Of course. Come and take a seat."

"So, what seems to be the problem?"

"I was wondering if I can get an X-ray of like my ribs. I just don't want any serious damage."

"Yes. What's happened?"

"Oh, someone tried to mug me, I fought back."

"Can you take your top off please?"

I could see his face change to pure shock at the dark blue and purple areas on my stomach.

"You should see the other guy." I laughed but then winced in pain.

"San!"

I hadn't told him my nickname, so how could he know it.

"San!"

*The Present*

"Are you okay?"

"Sorry. I must have zoned out. I really didn't mean to Sarge. I mean Sargent. I'm sorry. I know I'm a massive screwup and I haven't made the best impression but please don't hit me."

"Woah. I would never hit you. What happened in your old unit?"

"Nothing." I said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sargent Voight."

"Voight or Sarge is fine."

"Okay."

"Here's your badge and gun. Your partner will be Dawson, I'll introduce you to him now and the rest of the team."

"Thank you." I said and took the gun and badge with trembling hands.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

I know. Not the greatest past.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

16.3K 280 14
When a new detective Mia Stevens joins the Intelligence Unit, the whole team take a disliking to her. She has attitude, she's messy but she gets the...
159K 3.2K 37
After Erin left the unit a month ago jay had been stuck with no partner since hank couldn't find a suitable match for the team, that was until a cert...
40.2K 469 27
Cleo didn't choose this life, but at the end of the day it was all she had. She was brought into the South Side Hustlers as a kid and has never known...
212K 2.2K 54
Kelly Severides little sister works as a firefighter at 51. But she finds out that her old flame Jay Halstead works in Chicago as a detective. What h...