The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 65

8.9K 294 9
By HumbleSmith123

The Alpha POV

There was enmity between the werewolves and vampires, but what we had for the demons was way deeper than hatred. We all dread them and regard them as enemies to the moon goddess because they worship the devil.

In history, it was said that the devil almost raped the moon goddess out of lust for her beauty. The supreme one divided them, giving each the power to create their own living being who would be under them.

Demons were under the devil while we served the moon goddess, and the demon had never crossed paths with us, and neither did we. It was like two souls that could never meet. I don't know what the demons looked like, but each step I took forward kept making my heart thump very hard.

I was sweaty and couldn't stop gasping for breath as Sophia led the way through the forest on this chilling midnight. Even with the cool swirling breeze hitting my skin, I couldn't stop sweating as I knew I was about to do something more evil than I had ever done.

It is true I killed 5000 werewolves, but it was to gain power and protect them, which I did well. Yes, I have always protected them from every attack. Now, here I am, walking along this forbidden path to meet the demons, not for powers, but to connive with them and bring the vampires and Lola down.

I don't know what I should be expecting and there lies my fear. The rumours about the demons are always scary and evil, but I had never met them because most people hadn't met them but believed those stories.

"Sophia, how can a werewolf become a demon? We all know you as Beta's daughter, yet you claim to be a demon." I sighed, yelping in fright. I don't even know what I was afraid of.

"You just need the heart demon to become one. It doesn't matter if you are a vampire or werewolf, or even human," she replied without a glance at me.

"With the heart demon, will you have powers like magic or spells?" I inquired, and she nodded.

"Yes, you will be able to use spells and control things with your mind. It is something you will love to try, especially as you badly want to rule over the vampire clan and get Lola killed.

"Those spells can be used to protect my pack. Why are demons seen as evil spirits? With their magic and spells, we can be the most powerful pack, " I stated with a lopsided smile, feeling excited.

I could now imagine having both the powers from the demons and those which I got from killing those werewolves for rituals. I will really be invincible!

My eyes darted at Sophia and I could see how drawn and deem her face and eyes were. She looked so unhappy and disturbed, also lost in some kind of thoughts that I couldn't understand what they were.

"You don't look..."

"Stop talking, we are there already!" She shunned me and I was about to look around when something hit my head and I blacked out. I lost consciousness.

Sophia's POV

Hot tears gathered in my eyes while I sniffed, yelped, and gulped, just to push it back and act like nothing was happening.

He was so free-minded and didn't ever once act like he was going to lose anything from conniving with demons who were serving the devil, even after knowing clearly that the devil had always wanted to destroy the moon goddess' creation.

Selling your heart to the devil will make him control you beyond your powers, and even as you look normal to everyone else, it wasn't as it appeared. You will live like a robot and the most painful part was that you will be controlled for most of the crucial parts of your life.

That moment when you want to save the one you love but hear the devil ordering you to kill him. He wouldn't take away your feelings of pity or love; he would leave them in you and yet control your mind to kill, so you'd live the rest of your life in agony and guilt.

The Alpha knows nothing about it. Even when I told him about the heart demon, he ended up desiring it, all because I said it would give him magic powers. He couldn't even rack his empty skull to think thoroughly about what a heart demon sounded like.

Wondering why I don't look happy while coming here? Okay, I will tell you, but please tell me it wasn't anything close to love.

The Alpha has been knocked out, and when he wakes up, he will be already possessed. His life will change in an instant, and all he will be doing from then on will be what the demon king wants him to do.

I was unhappy because his son wouldn't be safe either. Torian's life is at the biggest risk because the Alpha will lose his love for him and won't hesitate to kill him any time he tries to stop him from doing anything. The first thing that the demon king will force the alpha to do is to allow demons to live among them inside that pack.

That would be the beginning of their destruction. The beginning of their doom was not just for them, but also for every wolf pack around them. Since the blue moon pack was the greatest, the demon king would use them to attack others and rule over them all.

Many will lose their lives, many will lose their sanity, and most will become tools for destruction. I don't really care at the moment, because I have lost my conscience and badly want the Alpha to suffer terribly, which I can only achieve by helping the demon infiltrate and rule over the wolves.

After so many years, my heart was once again beating for someone out there, and his images flying inside my brain were causing an effect that was beyond my understanding.

I watched as the Alpha was taken away by the demons, and I couldn't even wait any longer before running back to the pack. At some point, I'd stop and wonder why I was running, and it couldn't stop frightening me, because the reason was Torian. I was rushing to give Torian a warning that would save his life.

After some minutes, I was already inside the royal packhouse, and without wasting a single second, I scurried to his ward where he was being treated. I barged in, thinking he might be asleep, but no, he was wide awake, sitting at the edge of his bed.

The noise I made while barging in made the young man cringe in fright before looking up at me with those beautiful wet hazel eyes glinting like ripples in the ocean.

Those sexy eyes locked with mine, and I found myself looking away sharply as my cheeks all flushed.

"You just came at the very moment I needed you most." Torian's voice rang in my head, and my entire body shuddered with shivers running down my spine as I darted my eyes at him again.

Those eyes were still on me, but this time they were filled with tears, which were slowly streaming down. I squinted my eyes, wondering what was wrong making him cry, and the fact that I even care about his reason for shedding tears is something I find so hard to explain to myself.

"What is wrong?" I asked, trying hard to sound harsh, which I failed woefully.

"You clearly used charm to get me, and now the charm has washed away, but I find it hard to push you away from my head. I know it is so weird, and I swear, I won't force myself on you. But please, don't hate me." He stood up from the bed and walked closer to me.

I was literally shivering and dragging my legs back because I was afraid of myself and what was happening in my heart. The sight of the bandages around his belly really made my heart wrench as I felt bad stabbing him.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, pointing at the bandage.

"It hurts, but doesn't hurt as much as knowing you were the one who did it to me," he stated with a heavy sigh that made my heart pang in guilt.

I could remember telling the doctors to inject him with what would make him forget I did that to him. Does it mean they disobeyed me?

"I didn't do anything!" My voice cracked as I forced out those lies, fuming inside me. Why will those doctors disobey me? I will slit their throat!

"Why are you denying it? Does it mean that you have a soft spot for me in your heart already?" He mumbled and took my hand, but I quickly snatched it back as my eyes popped in great shock, looking straight into his eyes like I had seen an angel.

What did my skin just do now after making contact with his hand?

"What was that tingle and sensation waving through me?!" I gasped, dragging my legs back in fear.

"I felt it too.." he sighed and blinked those teary eyes again. Now he looked too handsome and charming, with his intoxicating smell hitting my nose. Just when he smiled, I lost it all. My heart began to race.

His striking cuteness was just so out of the world that I found my miserable self drooling, but just then, I remembered his father.

"Torian, this pack is in danger." I stated, and he gave me a long stare.

"Please, no matter what your father does, don't try to stop him with force. He doesn't love you anymore and will kill you if you try to stop him." I poured out and his face grimaced with confusion written all over it.

"What are you saying?" He shot, drawing closer.

"Okay, I'll tell you everything. Your father will be embodying the demon king heart demon who will use him to take over this pack. The plan is to rule the wolf pack, but first, he will have to lure Lola back here, by revealing her wolf nature to the vampires." I kept explaining without considering how dangerous it was.

"What is going on?" Torian was becoming frightened.

"Your father will visit the vampires in pretense of surrendering, but the plan would be to get into their palace and reveal Lola's wolf identity so as to get her killed." I spit out the secret.

"Why would my father do such a thing? He doesn't care about Lola's death. Why will he go to such lengths to have her killed?" He asked with heavy breaths.

"Because he is no more in his right senses. The most evil heart demon controlled by the demon king will live in him. That's why you shouldn't stand in his way, because he can easily kill you without considering that you're his son." I sighed, feeling my heart burdened.

It was all my fault that Torian would turn into a slave, not just any slave, but a slave to the demons when they rule this pack. He will suffer so terribly that death will be the only option.

Torian's POV

"Why does the demon king want Lola dead?" I inquired with my blood running hot as I breathed so fast with a fast-pacing heart.

"Because she is the only one that can stop him. Once she is marked, her powers will be unlocked. We can all only be saved if she gets marked by Blake before the visit, but I am afraid she..." Her voice seized as both of her eyes widened in panic.

"You are afraid she...what?" I tried to get the last part, but she couldn't say anything else before running out of the ward like one who was being controlled by an unseen force.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
74 1 23
Isaac Sharman is living the life most supernatural teenagers in his situation only dream of. He has a caring guardian, Erastus Amunyela, a beautiful...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
399K 13.9K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...