The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 59

8.9K 339 5
By HumbleSmith123

Blake's POV

For some minutes, I was lost, staring into those beautiful blue eyes, sparkling like ripples in the ocean. It was shimmering like she was about to cry. Her eyes were locked with mine as she let out a bright smile, which made my heart skip a beat and clench.

She stood up from the bed and walked closer to me, forcing my breath to hang as I gulped in admiration. The figure in front of me was nothing different from perfection.

"You are so beautiful," I breathed, yelping as I felt a bit of a struggle to breathe. She was really taking away my breath.

"You are so adorable and perfect that I feel unworthy to have you," she replied, biting her lower lip and taking my palm into hers without breaking the eye contact that was driving me insane.

This wasn't the first time I would be this close to her, but this time around, it felt so magical, her alluring scent seemed more overwhelming, and every gaze into her smiling face kept causing my heart to race.

It was like I was falling in love over and over again. I don't just know this is what love feels like. My first experience, yet it felt like I had been in love for ages. I guess that is how it feels when you meet the right person.

"Thank you for saving my life. Now I am out of that hell of a pack. All because you chose to make a lot of sacrifices for my sake." She mumbled, directing my palm to her soft and chubby cheeks while a few drops of tears rolled down to my palm.

I let out a muffled laugh while pinning my eyes on her angelic face.

"I should be the one thanking you for breaking those walls around my heart. You made me become a normal being after I had wallowed in darkness for years. You appeared into my life like a light and changed everything about me. Lola, I love you" My voice was under my breath as I said those words because it seemed like they were coming from the core of my soul.

I meant every single letter and wanted her to feel the unending depth of my love for her in those words.

Just as she was about to say something, a knock was heard on the door, and she cringed away from me, clutching her hands together with a little bow, pretending as a maid.

"Who is there?" I shouted while we shared a wide smile at each other.

"Your mother. I am here to invite you and your personal maid to dinner. " The voice of my mother squealed in, followed by a muffled laugh of excitement.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked while walking over to the door.

"Nothing " she replied sharply as I unlocked the door to meet her cheeks all flushed. She gasped, stealing quick glances into the room, but I was wise enough to cover it all with my body while leaving the door half open.

"The food is ready and I prepared it myself, so you can't say no to mommy's food, unless she will be hurt." My mother grinned, her wet eyes filled with emotions as she looked at my face. All I could sense from her tone was happiness, a deep one. And I don't need a soothsayer to know what caused all that.

She is really giddy over the fact that I am finally in love. It must have been a dream come true for her that her son, who she had lost all hope of finding a mate for, finally has someone he is close to. If only she knew the same girl inside my room was the same she ordered to be killed, the same wolf girl who she vowed never to allow close to me.

"Since when did you start cooking dishes for me once again? And since when did you take over the work of the maids to come and call me out for dinner? Last question, what is all that happiness in your eyes all about?" I threw those questions, trying hard to sound cold, which was impossible because I wasn't angry anymore.

I won't be wrong to say I have lost the ability to keep a stern face and talk harshly. All those cold attitudes seemed to have vanished the moment Lola slipped into my life.

"Look at how calm and gentle your voice sounds. Unlike before, when you'd be seething and snorting at me. She is really a life saver." Mom laughed and caressed my cheeks.

I ended up laughing, before I could hold it back, and for some seconds, I stood there wondering how much I had changed in not less than 24 hours.

It was still clear in my memory how violent I was when I thought Lola was gone. The rage really ate deep in me, and I was ready to cause my mother the greatest pain of her life by killing myself.

"I will be waiting for you and her at the dining room. Your father is there waiting, so please do us a favour and come down quickly" she grinned again and peered inside the room, but I ducked my body to cover up.

"I know she might be half naked, lying on your bed, ready for sex. I am sorry to disturb you both. Just that I couldn't wait to dine with her. So please let's eat together. Then you can continue since you both have the bed all night."  She winked and walked away almost immediately, laughing to herself all the way.

"Your mother seems to love me a lot." I heard Lola's melodious voice from behind and couldn't help grinning as I felt a wave of happiness rush through me.

"My greatest wishes are coming to reality. It has stopped being an illusion playing in my head and is gradually playing in real life. I will confess my love for you to them, and they will accept you. We will be together forever. Just like that. Happily ever after!" I chirped, grabbing her up into my arms in a bridal style, making me giggle as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"But make sure I never get to touch silver, because that will force out my wolf nature " She spoke out to me at that moment, and it was like everything around me paused.

I dropped her and grimaced.

"Silver will reveal your identity?" I gasped, and she nodded meekly with a trace of fear in her eyes.

Lola's POV

"Then I promise never to bring it close to you. I promise to always protect you against anything that has silver. It is nothing to be afraid of, because it will never touch your skin." Blake cooed with that reassuring smile that takes away my fear, that makes me feel on top of the world.

"I believe you." I nodded, pecking his lips and laughing the moment I saw his cheeks flush pink as he blushed.

"You just blushed!" I squeaked amidst laughter while he plopped down on the couch, pinning those eyes on me like that was where his life depended on.

I couldn't help smiling hard as I tried to ignore his stares. Just at that moment, I was sure I heard it, creeping footsteps receding off from the door.

It was so low and seemed unreal, but I was sure I heard a faint sound, and that forced me to hurry to the door, but as I opened it and peeped outside, I saw no one. Slowly, I stepped out and moved further to the left, tracing the faint vampire smell I was getting.

I don't know why my heart was racing and hammering hard inside my chest. Something was suddenly troubling my entire being as it struck me that someone had been spying and eavesdropping on me and Blake.

My fear was that I had just mentioned something that would reveal my real identity. Yes, I just said it to Blake inside that room, which means that if there was really anyone peeking, then my secret is blown off.

"Lola!" Torian shouted my name from behind, and my legs froze as I stood at a point, gathering my breath and trying hard to appear calm even when I was already frightened to the core.

The last thing I will ever want right now is to have my wolf identity revealed because I will lose every chance to be with Blake, who my heart beats for. I might end up running away for my life again.

"Where are you going to? That path leads to the dungeon!" Torian added as he ran a little to catch up with me.

His words made me scan around, only to see it was an empty route with no rooms on any side.

"Do you smell anyone presence here?" I squinted, turning around to see him.

His brows arched as he gave me a confused look.

"You think someone is around here? Why? It is late and no one is allowed around this place," he relayed, and I tried to tell my heart all that to be at peace, but never did it stop wrenching. It hit me with the possibility that someone knew I was a wolf.

"Lola, tell me what is troubling you? Tell me everything, I am here for you. For you alone. Just to make you happy is my actual reason for being alive," he purred, his eyes glistening with pure emotions as he held my jaw gently, as if he was afraid it would hurt me if he held it stronger.

"Did any vampires pass through here?" I queried again, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Why do you keep asking this?" he responded with a question, and I decided to share my fear with him.

"While I was in your room, I heard receding steps from the door. It was as if someone was eavesdropping and then crept away after hearing my secret," I explained seriously.

"And you hurried at the door quickly but couldn't find anyone. It must be an illusion, because no one dares to come close to my door, and even excluding that, it is very late at night, everyone is asleep except mom and dad, waiting for us," he chuckled to ease the tense atmosphere.

"I didn't see anyone, but a vampire smell hit my nostrils. I pressed on.

"You remember mom just left? Don't you really think it was her smell you noticed?" he suggested, and my eyes widened.

Could it be that she was the one who was spying on me? Could it be that Blake's mother suspected me and had lingered at the door and eavesdropped? It means she has heard me mention silver, which will be traced to the wolf race. Then she would conclude I was a wolf who was able to hide her identity.

"Lola, let's go and stop being too sensitive." He sighed impatiently.

"Your mother has found out who I am." I cried, and just at that same moment, she came walking toward us, her blue eyes glowing in the dimly lit darkness of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
13.4M 367K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
13.4K 504 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...
90.1K 276 5
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...