The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 57

9.6K 355 10
By HumbleSmith123

Alpha Daren's POV

"What is written in that letter? Why are you in panic?" I heard Sophia ask, but I couldn't turn back to her to say anything. I quickly left the room, panting and trying hard to hold myself from destroying everything around me as rage and fear engulfed me.

I can't believe what I read in the letter was real, but that could only explain why Lola was able to survive being killed in the vampire clan, and it is also an explanation of how she was able to come on here and rescue Jace without anyone noticing.

As I sprinted straight into my room, I could see everyone's stares darting at me due to how I kept puffing. No one would understand the danger that was setting in. The terror that was about to destroy me in the near future.

They all looked perplexed and perplexed, especially as I was musing to myself; I knew those guards and Sophia, who saw me hide the letter, would have a lot on their minds, but how would I explain to them that my life is at stake?

My nightmares were coming to reality, and it seemed like karma was really knocking at the door. I can remember how shattered Lola was after watching me kill her parents. I can still recall how she screamed in deep agony and pain, pleading that I should let them live.

But I was too enraged to hear her out. I was so protective of my power source that I was willing to kill anyone who even hinted at it, but little did I know I had just created an enemy for myself, not just an enemy, but the very person who would tear me down.

My greatest mistake was not killing Lola all this time while I had the opportunity. All this time, she was living here as a slave. Now that she has found out her true identity, it is impossible to get her killed. Once her vampire mate marks her, all her mysterious powers will be unlocked and no one can ever defeat her. She is a rare hybrid, the last of her kind. She is the only one who can open that room and destroy it all. The witch who made those powers for me had warned that I should never make enemies with a hybrid because they are the only ones who can easily bring me down without stress.

Lola had just threatened to come back for me in this letter. She stated it clearly that she knew about my source of powers and would be back shortly to end my life. Oh God! I can't believe this is happening!!

With a loud thud, I slumped on the bed, feeling my heart grow heavy. I regret ever killing her parents. Maybe if I had not murdered them, she might have mercy on me and spare my life.

A knock sounded at the door, but I had no strength to respond. I have never been this worried in my entire life. This fear was crawling up my skin and making my hair rise, forcing sweat to form all over my face and neck.

I kept racking my brain to find out what to do next, but all it could do was cause me a headache with nothing registering in it. My past crimes are coming back to haunt me.

"Alpha, we couldn't find any trace of Lola or Jace in the entire pack," I heard one of my royal guards announce from the door, making me hiss as I wiped the sweat dripping into my eyes.

How will they track her down when she can run faster than the wind, covering every trace of scent from herself and anyone she has been with?

"You can never find her. Go away," I huffed in frustration, burying my face into my palm.

"Oh, I am doomed!" My lips broke out into a muffled cry as I also recalled that my son was recovering from being stabbed. Lola must have done that to him, which means she hates not just me but also my son.

If only my stupid son had accepted her as his mate, then I would be safe now. The whole pack had rejected, hated, and tortured the one person who could either destroy or protect us.

It is obvious we are all in danger.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath, feeling more waves of panic course through me.

I heard another knock, but couldn't say anything to whoever was there as my head kept banging with different thoughts. My dream of being the most powerful Alpha ever known was going down the drain, and it was soon before I would be crawling under her feet, begging for my life.

In the past years, I have become an enemy to many packs after bullying them and forcing them to go under me. Yes, with my powers, I treated them all like slaves, knowing there was nothing they could do to save themselves from me. What would be the fate of this pack when I am killed?

All those enemies are going to attack and take over us. Torian, my son, might end up becoming a slave to my enemies!

"Alpha, can I come in?" I heard Sophia's voice from outside.

"What is it? Go and stay with Torian and make sure he is fine. I am busy now and want to stay alone. Please, I don't need anyone in here!" I blurted, clenching my fist and gritting my teeth in exasperation.

"I want to see what was written in that letter, Alpha. Why are you hiding it?" She inquired with a calm tone, but it sounded daring to my ears, just as if she already knew what was in it.

"The letter is for me and it is confidential. Please keep your curiosity to yourself and leave that door!" I half-yelled, hoping she would go away without saying anything.

"It is no more confidential because I had read it before you came into that room." She paused and burst into a mocking laugh that froze my entire body as I peered at the door, wondering if my ears had just played a prank on me.

Does this mean that Sophia has found out my secret?

"You said what?" My brows arched while I waited to hear her repeat those words again, because I don't think I heard it right the first time.

"You are going to let me stand out here and spill it all? There are many here who you won't like to hear those dirty secrets of yours!" She cackled in sarcasm.

I didn't know when I jumped off the bed and hurried to the door, unlocking it in a rush as I glared at Sophia, who was standing at the door smiling sheepishly at me.

I angrily dragged her in and shut the door.

"How dare you read the letter!" I thundered, gripping her neck and pinning her to the wall.

"I did nothing wrong. How will I know it was meant for you only." She snapped, and that made me punch her in the face, slamming her back against the wall, leaving her falling heavily on the ground and expecting to see her cry, but instead, she laughed like I just did nothing.

I watched as she stood and dusted her body with no wince on her face, just her cheesy smile, wondering why she felt no pain.

"I won't fight you now because you still have those powers in you. I am weaker now, but after Lola returns, you will be a weakling. That is when it will be an end for you and everyone in this pack, including your son and mate," she smirked, forcing out a yelp from my lips as I peered dumbly at her in confusion.

"You are working with Lola?" I queried, but she spat and snorted in disgust.

"I can never work with that stupid girl. Yuck! I hate her already." She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Then what? What is going on?" I sighed in exhaustion and terror.

"Well, I can help you defeat Lola." She stated with another cheesy smile that made me grimace as I tried to understand if this isn't the Sophia I know. A mere wolf and mate to my son. Why does she sound this confident?

"You can't help me. Lola is one of the most powerful hybrids," I breathed, but she laughed again, walking close to me.

"I am a demon. And only the demons can help you out. Work with us to bring Lola down because we also want her dead," she offered, and my eyes popped out as her words resonated inside my head, causing shivers to run through me.

Sophia's POV

I was staring into his desperate eyes, praying he would accept this. It was the last move to get everything to work out; the Trojan horse, which would cause massive destruction and make me victorious.

A stone to kill two birds.

I know Lola has a good heart and might only threaten Daren with destroying his source of power with no intention of doing that, but when she finds out that Daren has joined the demons to bring her down, she won't hesitate to carry it out, but that will also make her walk into my trap.

I think I have wasted enough time. It is the time to end it all.

"I don't think I can work with the demons. They are vile and cruel, and it will soil my good name to work with them," he whined, and I couldn't help laughing again.

"You just mentioned your good name after killing 5,000 werewolves, including Lola's parents, just to gain powers? I don't think you are any better than the demon king. Make your decision now " I fumed, trying hard to hold back my emotions as I remembered how he ended my mother's life.

"Okay, I am in... let's kill Lola together and we can also attack the vampires and rule over them," he grinned greedily.

"The demon king will be waiting to meet you tomorrow." I smiled back, feeling the sense of victory coursing through me.

Wow. I must be the smartest woman on earth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 4.4K 30
Evie went to college at her hometown to get away from Ashton (her mate that she rejected after she found out what he really did to her). Ashton was h...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
14.8K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
74 1 23
Isaac Sharman is living the life most supernatural teenagers in his situation only dream of. He has a caring guardian, Erastus Amunyela, a beautiful...