The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 34

11.2K 453 10
By HumbleSmith123

Sophia's POV

My mind had been away in thought as everything seemed to be so confusing. To make it worse, Lola had refused to say anything to me, and my pride wouldn't let me beg her to spit it out.

I needed to know why the Alpha killed her parents so I would be sure of what I read through her mind. Yes, I had used my dark powers to read her mind only to hear her mumble about a certain room, which was the cause of her parents' death. And it just seemed like she remembered I was able to read her mind and had refused to divulge more information both in her heart and voice.

She hates me so much and I also do the same to her, but I badly wish she would tell me if all I heard was true and also tell me if she knows anything about the room.

"Why did the Alpha kill your parent if he truly did it as you claimed?" I asked her for the umpteenth time, but was still faced with silence from her. She had been so sober and morose that not even hitting her could solve it as her mind seemed to be wandering away.

"Let her go to hell if she doesn't want to say it. Even if my father killed her parents, they must have deserved it. My father is a very good man and can't just kill them for nothing if they hadn't done something terrible!" Torian snorted, sneering at Lola with hatred glinting in his eyes.

His words made Lola flash a glare at him. It was so clear in her eyes that she was deeply pained and enraged by those words he said.

Gosh! My concern isn't about the assassination! All I need to know is why the alpha killed her parents. Anyone who finds out about his heinous act would be killed by him to save his reputation, and one thing in common is that he would try every way to hide it.

A teacher walked into the class and I couldn't help sighing as I wasn't ready to listen to any lesson. I buried my face in the locker, thinking deeply about this.

Just then, something struck my mind. The similarity

The Alpha put the blame on the vampires, as he did when he assassinated my mother. He had dug out the heart so it would look like the death was caused by the vampire.

This could only mean he killed them to hide his secret, which was the same for my mother. And Lola mumbled about a certain room her parents found when I listened to her mind.

Does this mean that her parents found out about this room that my dad had told me about? And because of that, the Alpha killed them?

Immediately, I lifted my head and leaned toward Lola, who was sitting on the floor.

"Did your parents find out any secret rooms which had led to their death?" I asked curiously, peering into her eyes and trying to read her mind, but to my dismay, I couldn't.

She had suddenly locked it. What I can't understand is how she got the power to do that.

"I am not telling you anything. Not even a death threat would make me say anything to a demon like you!" She blurted, rolling her eyes, which were filled with that intense desire for revenge.

"Don't you know I can help you get that desire? I can help you kill the Alpha and even his son here!" I whispered into her ear, but she scoffed and tilted her head.

"Bring your ear closer so no one will hear it," she suddenly said, and I couldn't help the gasp of excitement that slipped from my lips. Does this mean she wants to tell me?

"Okay... tell me everything and I will surely help you." I grinned and drew my ear to her lips.

"I rather die than say a single word to you. Go to hell, bitch!" She saw and did the last thing I ever expected. She spat in my ears.

"what!!" My lips let loose as I growled and slapped her so hard across her cheeks, making her sprawl away with her cry, filling the classroom and drawing everyone's attention.

I had slapped her with the rings on my fingers, and I was sure it must have created bruises on her face.

"What happened?" Torian asked, and I showed him the spittle smearing my ears. I saw how his face turned red in rage. Fury burned in his eyes like a lake of fire.

"Lola spat at you??" His growl seemed to shake the ground as he stood up. Every muscle in his body was tugging out in readiness to devour her. He was already breathing heavily with both hands clenched.

"It is my fault for keeping her alive. I knew the traitor had a death wish already," he howled and stepped out of the desk, stalking over to Lola, who was whimpering and moving back in tears as her palm clutched her cheeks.

I could see how everyone froze in shock at seeing Torian's extreme anger.

"Will you tell me all I requested so I can save you from Torian, or will you keep it a secret and die?" I used my powers to speak into Lola's heart, thinking the fear of Torian's outrage would make her accept it, but the young girl rolled her eyes at me, hissing at the same time. She was bent on keeping it from me, even at the cost of her death.

"Torian, please kill her," I whined, and he nodded, giving me a reassuring smile before growling like the beast he was. His alpha aura filled the whole place, and no one could stand against him.

Bella ran up to me and knelt down, holding my legs and pleading that I should tell Torian not to kill her, which was quite surprising as I thought she hated Lola too.

"It's too late," I shrugged as the cracking of bones was heard next. Torian broke Lola's two wrists with a punch when she tried shielding herself with her arms.

Her shrilly painful scream reverberated through the entire class room while she sprawled around, crying more and begging Torian to spare her life.

"I dare not let you live after now. You are a curse!" He growled and gripped her hair till she was standing on her feet.

"Hey, teacher. Get your cane and flog her butt till she can hardly breath! You boys should pin her on the desk," he ordered while pushing her off and wiping his hands with a napkin.

"Let her enjoy torture before death" he smiled at me, and I smiled back, nodding and feeling elated.

I kicked Bella off my leg.

"Is she pleading on Lola's behalf?" Torian snorted, and I nodded, making him glare at her.

"You want to die with her? Okay, everyone, do the same to Bella!" He ordered, and I saw as Bella quickly jumped from the floor and attempted to run, but wasn't quick enough as the boys who wouldn't dare to disobey the Alpha prince grasped her legs and arms.

"See, Bella will also suffer because of you. Tell me about the room which led to your parents' death and I will spare you." Once again, I talked to Lola through mind link, but it seemed the pain she was facing from the lashes wouldn't give her the chance to talk as she kept crying, wriggling, and fighting to free herself, which was close to impossible.

"What the hell is going on here?" Jace's growl shook everywhere, and the next thing I saw was his quick punches landing on the three male students who had held Bella to the desk. He was so angry that he cared less about their lives, giving them countless punches even when their faces were all bloody.

This made everyone scamper away to the chairs, including those dealing with Lola.

"How dare you disrupt what I am doing?" Torian yelled, and I was forced to raise my gaze fully. I wanted to know if Jace was going to fight Torian, but what my eyes saw at that moment made my entire being freeze as my jaw dropped with every part of me paralyzed as my legs throbbed on their own.

I just saw a male angel, or should I say one of those Greek gods?

My heart began to race and thud erratically as I joined the other girls, getting lost in his handsomeness and perfect face. He looked so manly and alluring, with everything a woman would die to have.

He just walked into the class after Jace, and even though he wasn't smiling, he still beat every man in this world at being so cute. I didn't know when I began to drool. I'd heard that a new student would be enrolled this morning, but no one told me the guy would be one of those angels left on earth.

I quickly primped and began to send my charming smile at him, but he wasn't looking in my direction at all. Something seemed to have drawn his entire attention so that it looked like he had forgotten he was in front of the class.

I traced his gaze, and my eyes widened on seeing he was looking straight at Lola like his life depended on it.

No, it can't be!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...
74 1 23
Isaac Sharman is living the life most supernatural teenagers in his situation only dream of. He has a caring guardian, Erastus Amunyela, a beautiful...
513K 21.3K 59
*This is not your typical romance. My characters are deliciously wicked anD unrepentant. This book features very mature content that includes sex w...