| 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑 | 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 �...

By Fivespotatoe

ᴋᴀʟɪ ʜᴀʀɢʀᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ, ɪꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴜᴛɪꜱᴛɪᴄ, Sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴜᴛᴇ. ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴠᴇʀʙᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴜᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇꜱꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ... More

Introduction
Childhood
Childhood (pt.2)
Childhood (pt.3)
Childhood (pt.4)
Childhood (pt.5)
Childhood (pt.6)
Chapter 1
Facts about Kali
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
BIRTHDAY CHAOS *\(⊙~⊙)/*
Chapter 4
Childhood (pt.7)
Childhood (pt.8)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Season 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Apology
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

4.4K 79 71
By Fivespotatoe

Kali had gone for a walk and Elliot was left alone at the apartment, he looked out the window eagerly waiting for the girl to come back so they could play Scrabble like every other Sunday. A small flash of blue light appeared along with a boy. The boy straightened his tie and looked behind him as a police car went by. He looked up at the window and Elliot quickly closed the blinds.

Five looked up at the roof and at the contraptions on top and continued towards the building. He blinked inside and landed on the stairs, he carefully walked up them and fixed his blazer. There was two doors, a plain wooden one and one that had it's blinds shut and had the words, 'Mortimer Gussman D.D.S' on it.

Five knocked on the glass of the door and the one beside him opened quickly. Elliot peaked his head through, "What do you want?"

"Hi, I'm selling encyclopedias for my youth group. I was curious if-" The boy was cut off by Elliot abruptly slamming the door in his face. Five huffed and blinked inside the room.

Elliot turned around at the flash of blue light behind him and shrieked. He stumbled to open a drawer and grabbed a knife whilst Five watched in amusement, "How'd you do that?"

"Don't really have time to explain."

"You from the Pentagon? Huh?"

"Definitely not."

"CIA? FBI. KGB?"

"Is that fresh?" Five asked pointing to a coffee pot on the table and he blinked over to it.

Elliot shrieked in surprise again.

Five casually poured himself a cup and walked past Elliot, into the living room while taking a sip of coffee.

"Hmm? This Colombian?" He asked, obviously content with how it tasted.

"Me and Kal's own blend."

Five made an impressed face and looked around the room. There were news paper cuttings, machines and pictures all around the place.

"You ever heard of, uh, Area 51? Roswell?" Five mused, walking around the room, obviously playing with the man.

Elliot chuckled and threw his knife on the table, "Hot damn! Whoo! See, I knew we weren't the only ones. See, Kal always tried to convince me my head wasn't screwed on tight, but... but it's all true, yeah? UFOs, crop circles..."

"Well, the truth is out there." Five played him.

"No, no, no, no, no. The... the truth, it's... right here infront of us." He stuttered walking closer to Five. "Tell me, wh... why's it always an anal probe?"

"Any closer, and I'll melt your brain." Five threatened.

"He needs a little space. Yes. I'll be over here." He said quickly backing up.

"All those contraptions on the roof, you built those, right?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, sure did. Yeah, I've been tracking anomalies in... in the atmosphere. Just waiting."

Five turned away from the machines, "Waiting for what?"

"For you." Elliot stated. "For all of you." Five looked at him weird so Elliot told the story. "It all started in 1960, the year the Silvertone Omega was released. I was in the middle of a sale when something very... strange happened. So, for the past three years, I've witnessed six energy surges in that alley way out back. Same thing every time. A bright blue light, then something appears."

Five stared at the board with pictures of people on them, "Did you get a good look at any of them?"

"Yeah, the first one, last one of course. And then the big, sensitive one."

"Sensitive?" Five questioned.

"Yeah, cried a lot, kept coming back to the alley, sat around for hour's calling a woman's name. Uh... Allison." He snapped his fingers.

"Luther." Five gasped out.

"Yeah, he... he wasn't the only one. Uh, the others came too, off and on over the years, looking for each other. Eventually, they... they stopped."

"So my family is alive." Five said softly. "Shit. I think I stranded them here. Now listen to me..." Five said walking towards Elliot who backed away quickly.

"Elliot. Elliot. My name... My name's Elliot." He spluttered, tripping over the couch.

Five blinked infront of the man, "Whatever, all right? I got ten day's to find them and save the world. Now, I need your help to do that."

"You need... my... You know what? I, uh... I always thought that this, uh, mugshot looked like arrival number four." Elliot said, opening a drawer and showing Five a piece of paper.

Five took the paper, "Diego." He gasped out.

"So then, that's helpful?"

"You have no idea." Five said. He was just about to blink away when the sound of bells rang. "What's that?"

"Oh, um... that's my, uh, room mate. She's real quiet, so I needed to attach bell's to the door cause she would get home and scare me. Not on purpose of course." Elliot spoke. "She's not really a people person, but she's around your age. Wanna meet her?"

"Quiet and around my age, huh?" Five asked. "Yeah, sure. I'll 'meet' her."

"Okay, just stay here a moment." Elliot said and walked away.

Five listened closely as Elliot walked into the other room to talk to the girl.

"Hey, how was your walk?" He heard Elliot ask. There was no answer and Five assumed the girl nodded or something.

"Hey, so, listen. We're gonna put of Scrabble Sunday for today. There's someone here I want you to meet." Elliot told her. She shook her head and pulled her sleeve's over her hands. "No, it's fine. They're, um... nice. You'll like them." Kali let her hair fall infront of her face as she looked to the ground and Elliot called the boy in.

Five walked in with a small smirk that only grew when he seen the girl. "Hey, Eight."

Her head snapped up at the familiar voice and she stared at Five with her mouth agape. Elliot looked between the two in confusion.

Five chuckled, "What? No hello?-" He was cut off by Kali flinging herself onto him and they tumbled to the ground. Five laughed and hugged her back.

Elliot sighed, "Of course, they know each other..."

Five laughed harder and coughed, "Okay, I can't breath." She rolled off of him and sat on her knees, beaming at him. He sat up, "How long have you been here?"

She didn't answer she just stared at Five and took in his features, his emerald green eyes, his dark brown hair, his sharp jawline. He was still the same Five that she lost.

Elliot answered for the girl, "Exactly a month, as of today."

Five nodded and got to his feet, "Let's go get Diego." He told her. Diego's here as well? She jumped up to her feet as well and grabbed his sleeve. They blinked and left Elliot alone in the room.

. . .

The two sat in a room waiting for Diego to be brought in. Kali hasn't let go of Five's blazer sleeve since they got here. It sounds stupid, but she feels that if she let go he would magically disappear again.

Five put a hand on her bouncing knee, her leg immediately ceased it's movement and a blush crept up her face. Five smiled proudly as she turned her head so he couldn't see her blush but he had already seen it.

Diego was lead into the room and he took in his sister's beet red face and Five's prideful smirk. "Five. Kali." He smiled.

"Hey, Diego." Five greeted as the man sat down, Kali looked up and smiled at her brother. "You look good in white." Five teased.

"About time you showed up."

"How'd you know I'd be back?"

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull."

"Where are the other's?"

"They're not with you?"

"We'll find them." He muttered softly. "How long have you been here?"

"Seventy-five days. Landed in the alley behind-"

"Commerce and Knox." The said in sync.

"You?" Diego asked.

"I got here this morning. Kali got here a month ago."

"How'd you find me?"

Five scoffed lightly and pulled out the paper Elliot gave him, letting go of Kali's knee in the process, "Page 16. Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 N. Beckley. That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?"

"Let's just say Dallas Law Enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the assassination of... John F. Kennedy." He whispered.

"That's because it hasn't happened yet." Five whispered back.

"And it's not going to happen. Not on my watch. Look, I've been shaving down the bars in my room. Another day or two, and I'll be out of this place. Then I'm gonna stop Oswald and save the president. You want in, say the word." He whispered quieter making Five and Kali lean in to hear what he was saying.

"Listen to me very closely, you gibbering moron. You are not going to do a goddamn thing."

"Why not?"

"Because we have to stop the apocalypse."

"No shit. But that doesn't happen for another 60 years."

"Not that apocalypse. This is a new one. It followed us. I've seen it. Nuclear war, Diego, in ten days."

Kali leaned back in her chair and sighed. Great another one. Diego leaned back as well and laughed, "And I'm the one they locked up, huh? Fine, I'll play along. What causes it?"

"I don't know. Maybe some looney-tuned asshole with a here complex tried to save the president and screwed everything up." Five said sarcastically.

"So you're saying it worked? I saved the president? I knew I could do it." Five and Kali both scoffed. "Okay, okay, I'll help you."

"Thank God."

"After I save Kennedy. And then you swing us back a few decades so I can slit Hitler's throat with a butter knife."

Kali stared at her brother like he was absolutely stupid.

"This is why you don't have any friends." Five said with a straight face. Kali had to suppress a laugh at his statement. "You know what? Guard." Five called out, he stood up and Kali followed. "My brother is plotting an escape. The bars of his room have been shaved down."

"Piece of shit!" Diego yelled lunging at the two and Kali hid behind Five quickly. The guards slammed him down on the table.

"Look this is for your own good, Diego." Five told him with a small smile as Kali watched in horror what they were doing to her brother.

"No! Five! Kali help me!" Diego shouted desperately. Kali walked towards him to help but Five stopped her.

"Listen, my brother is a very sick man. I only pray that he get's the help he so desperately needs." Five told the doctors.

A nurse walked in the room with a needle and Kali watched helplessly as they stuck it into his arm, "No, please! Not the needle! No! No! No!" He screamed out.

Five leaned down to his nearly unconscious brother and whispered, "I'll be back for you later, okay? Just... well, nighty night." And with that the two walked out of the building.

. . .

Five led Kali into a bar and she held tightly onto the back of his blazer, cowering behind him trying to go unnoticed. Whistling and cheers filled their ears the farther they walked into the room.

A lady walked up to them, "Hey, kids, you can't be in here. We don't allow minors."

"I think we'll be fine. Say, what time do you get off work, love?" Five asked. Kali felt her chest tighten at his words, why does she care? The lady looked at him taken aback and Five walked past her. The two sat in the front row where the dancer was and Kali stared at Five while he watched the girl dance.

Five looked at her and smirked, "What? Jealous?" Her eyes widened and she quickly looked to the ground.

Drunk men cheered and wolf whistled for the dancer, God, Kali hated this time line. Men are even more of pigs then in 2019.

Luther leaned in over spoke to Five, "She's too young for you."

The two looked at Number One, "Nice to see you too, Luther."

"What do you want."

"For you to stop hovering like an ambitious stripper and sit down with us." Luther pulled up a chair and did as Five said. "How long have you been here?"

"A year, thanks to you."

"I'm sorry, Luther. That couldn't have been easy."

"I thought that every body was dead." Luther snarled. Kali did too, until Elliot showed her the pictures that is. "I gotta go." He said standing up.

"Luther, wait." Five exclaimed grabbing the mans arm. "Look, I get it, okay? I know what it's like to be stuck in time... thinking this is how you're gonna live out the rest of your life. On the run, and not knowing if you're ever gonna see the people you love again, and to be in an unfamiliar world. But, Luther, you are not alone. We have to find the others because the world ends again in ten days. I have no idea how to stop it."

"I don't give a shit." Luther said plainly and walked away from the two.

(Words: 2142)

AN: Hello, beautiful people! I'm on a roll with these chapters lately. I'm sorry that Kali and Five's reunion was boring. But you gotta love Scrabble Sundays with Elliot¯\_()_/¯ Anyways, love you all <3

-ash :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 25.7K 80
meet the commission's worst spy. ── 𝙫𝙤𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙭 © 2020
785K 17.8K 178
"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘱,𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦"
137K 4.7K 25
❝Hᴇʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ 60's, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏssɪʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ?❞ ❝Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, Iᴠʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ. Tʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡᴀs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ.❞ ❝Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, Fɪᴠᴇ. ᴀ...
79K 2K 42
𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘈𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘕𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨...