The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 21

15.6K 515 47
By HumbleSmith123

At first, I thought my ears were playing pranks on me as I stared at Jace from the corner of the class where I squatted.

Everyone was staring at him awestruck, while Torian was already fuming and gritting his teeth.

"Jace, are you really doing this?" Don, who was the gangsta guy at the Torian party, huffed at him from where he sat. Other friends who I recognized from that party at Torian's house were also there in the class sneering at Jace like he had lost his mind.

I rose from my squatting position, peering right into Jace's blue eyes, which had become wet as it shimmered. I could see how he looked at me and was so stunned at the passion I was seeing. It was so clear he cared for me.

"Lola, come over here and sit with me!" He repeated those words, swallowing hard as I noticed him glance at Torian. He looked away sharply, and I could see pure fear and a trace of pain in his eyes. He seemed to be afraid of something.

"I am fine here," I mumbled, letting out a deep sigh as tears prickled down my eyes. The last thing I would ever want to do is put him or anyone in trouble. Torian hates me so much, and he is his best friend. There is no way this will go right.

I squatted back down to the ground, and just immediately, Jace left his seat and walked over to me.

"I don't mind losing the friendship or Beta's position because of you. We might not be mates, but I care for every single part of your entire being. Even your hair. Sit with me, please" Those were the words I heard Jace say as soon as he got close to me. He said those words with his husky voice and it really seemed to hitch my breath as all I could see was a man ready to fight for me.

Those eyes weren't saying otherwise. There was pure determination in it. He really meant those words. After being friends with Torian since childhood, even before I knew who Torian was, he is really about to break it just to stand by me.

Isn't that too much for a wretched soul like me?

"Jace! Will you stop that madness you are displaying and get back to your seat now!!" Torian yelled, sending shrills of fear down my spine, but Jace seemed not to be shaken at all, as he acted like he had not heard those Alpha growls from Torian.

He equally made no attempt to reply, nor did he look back at Torian. Instead, he gave me a reassuring smile that melted my heart. Now I see he was pretending back then at the party. Jace really cared about me.

"At all cost, I will help and protect you till Torian gets back to his senses. Because that witch, Sophia, over there, has a secret she isn't telling! I am sorry for all you have gone through. " He purred, and before I could catch my breath, he held my hands gently and pulled me up till I was standing right in front of him, a few inches apart. I could feel his hot breath on my neck, sending shivers through my spine and making my heart thump so fast and loud.

"You are the true Luna. I can feel it. Just be strong and hope for a better tomorrow. Torian will get back to his senses!" He whispered that into my ears, and I couldn't help cringing.

"Sophia is a demon. I personally found out, and Torian isn't aware. I am scared that something bad will happen in the future!" I whimpered, and he let out a deep sigh before wiping my tears with his soft palm.

"I thought so too." He mumbled, then locked his palm against mine before turning over to the students in the class, who were all looking at him dumbly, some with their mouths agape. The females couldn't believe their eyes as they frowned and glared at me.

I cast a short glance at the cute Jace at that moment to be sure I wasn't dreaming. This is so good to be true.

After Torian, Jace comes second in being every lady's dream, and he has always been a second option for female students who had no chance with Torian. His appearance, especially his curled blonde hair, blue eyes, and those pink lips, is enough to drive any lady crazy. His smiles and dimples can make one hypnotized.

I don't blame all these females here who are jealous of me. I myself couldn't understand why Jace was treating me this way.

"Anyone who is her enemy is also my enemy." That was the only statement he made before taking me to his seat. I saw how he avoided looking at Torian, and with the fury I saw in Torian's eyes and how he was puffing and huffing, I knew Jace was in trouble already.

We both watched closely while the lecture went on. I could only pray that the break period would take a very long time. I am not emotionally ready for what awaits me.

"Why did you make such a sacrifice for me?" I asked Jace, who was staring blankly at the space, breathing heavily. On hearing my question, he only sighed without replying.

Beta Stan's POV

"I have finally found the source of Alpha Darren's extreme powers!" While I stood a distance away, bowed in a dark cloak and hood, I heard the Demon King growl from his elevated throne.

As I heard that statement, my head tilted up sharply with a rush of excitement waving through me. Could this mean that I would finally get my revenge on the alpha?

"Really?" I exclaimed, my eyes glistening to show how glad I was.

Damon, the demon king, was a man whose appearance was enough to send chills of horror through every werewolf being, but I had finally learnt to overcome that fear and could stand in front of him without shaking like one who had been electrocuted.

Damon has his eyes filled with dark fog, deadly serpents crawling around his body, going in and out. The muscles he possessed gave the impression that he could be a rock, as they throbbed and tugged at regular intervals.Those two horns on his head and the one on his forehead are something that makes him look exactly like the devil. He also has a tail that has a sharp edge, which could sting one to death.

I was very wise to come to him for help in getting my revenge, and the payback was something I was ready to gladly do. My daughter and I are ready to do this to the very last.

The payback was to help him rule over the entire Blue Moon pack, and the only issue that had been a barrier was finding the source of Alpha Darren's mysterious powers, which could destroy the demons so easily.

So, you can see why I am giddy to hear that the demon king has found this source.

"Could you please tell me what gives Darren such power?"My daughter will soon become Luna. We can destroy that source to make Darren vulnerable!" I asked, bowing.

"Yes, I commend you for working with the witch. Torian can never stop loving your daughter, especially as the witch stated that his mate connived with a vampire to kill him. The love spell I gave the witch is very strong and will keep Torian bound forever. Now I will tell you Darren's secret!" He smirked, and my heartbeat really began to thud erratically in curiousity.

"Alpha Darren sacrificed 5000 virgins from his pack to create a magic spell that feeds him with great powers, making him invincible. Finding the room where he kept the spell made from their hearts is the only way to bring an end to all the magic powers he has!" Damon explained, and my brows arched in confusion.

I was staring at him without saying anything, as my mouth went agape. Alpha Darren killed 5000 innocent souls to make himself powerful?" That statement really struck me hard, as I also recalled that year when there were cries and wails of pain and agony across the entire pack.

It was a gloomy moment as many she-wolves kept going missing and were later found without their hearts. That was the first year of Alpha Darren's reign after taking over from his dead father.

I had watched him cry and console the pack members who lost their daughter and sister to the brutal killing. No one knew who was doing it.

Alpha Darren had claimed that it was a curse on the land. Those who had caught a glimpse of the serial killer had said it was a big black wolf, but no one believed it was Darren, even when he had black fur. They believed it was someone from another pack.

Was this how evil Darren was?

"The spirit of the world who created the spell for him visited me last night, crying for revenge! Darren butchered her after she helped him get those powers. She was the one who told me all this, but not even she knows where the room is hidden. But she stated clearly that it is right inside the Royal Pack House. Somewhere in there." Damon explained, and I took a deep breath, as fury filled my heart to the brim.

Tears welled up in my eyes too as I recalled once again how the entire pack had cried for a year in immense sadness as they watched the she-wolves dying one after the other. Now there are more reasons to kill Darren!

"Tell your daughter this and let her lure Torian into forcing his father to spit out the secret. You know how much Darren loves Torian. Just find a way to get the location of this room, then leave the rest to me," Damon concluded, and vanished into the thin air, leaving behind a burst of fog that filled the entire room.

"Darren!! You did that to be powerful and protect your life and family, but now I will ruin it all! You will watch as everyone you love dies. You murdered my mate and made that heinous sacrifice!! You monster!!" I yelled as pain and deep sadness burst like a bomb inside my entire being, pulling me down to my knees as hot tears fell from my eyes.

I must make him pay!

Now I don't care about the lives of the entire pack members, which would be in danger once my daughter and I help the demon king rule over them. All I want is revenge!!

To see Darren tortured severely while he cries and prays for death is all I desire!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
407K 14K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...
170K 4.6K 30
Evie went to college at her hometown to get away from Ashton (her mate that she rejected after she found out what he really did to her). Ashton was h...