| 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑 | 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 �...

By Fivespotatoe

ᴋᴀʟɪ ʜᴀʀɢʀᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ, ɪꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴜᴛɪꜱᴛɪᴄ, Sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴜᴛᴇ. ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴠᴇʀʙᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴜᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇꜱꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ... More

Introduction
Childhood
Childhood (pt.2)
Childhood (pt.3)
Childhood (pt.4)
Childhood (pt.5)
Childhood (pt.6)
Chapter 1
Facts about Kali
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
BIRTHDAY CHAOS *\(⊙~⊙)/*
Chapter 4
Childhood (pt.7)
Childhood (pt.8)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Season 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Apology
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 8

4.9K 94 51
By Fivespotatoe

Kali woke up and the first thing that she processed with Klaus' voice, then Five's, then the fact that Five was playing with her hair and that not only were her arms wrapped around him but her leg was on top of Five's.

Her brain told her to roll off of him and apologize frantically but her heart told her to stay and continue hugging her best friend as this might be the last time she gets to. So she stayed and kept her eyes closed.

Klaus squealed, "My ship is finally sailing!"

Five sighed, "Klaus, I don't even know what that is... but, whatever it is I'm gonna assume that I should say it isn't 'sailing'."

"Mmmm, I'm pretty sure it's sailing. You my dear brother are shirtless, and Kali is practically on top of you."

Kali smiled slightly at that but not enough for the two to notice.

Kali assumed Five made a face or glared because he was silent for a second, "This, means nothing. We're just cuddling."

"Cuddling after sex?" Kali didn't know what to do gag or laugh so she pulled an odd face she didn't even know she could make.

(Ben's pov)

I looked down at Kali and seen her fighting a smile as Klaus and Five talked.

"Cuddling after sex?" Klaus asked. I grimaced at his words and looked back down at my sister.

She scrunched up her nose in disgust but a small smile crept upon her face. "Hey, Klaus. Let's leave them alone, yeah?"

Klaus looked at me and groaned, "Whyyyyyy?"

"Let's go see what Luther is doing." I suggested.

Klaus beamed at that idea and rang his bed loudly which both Kali and Five winced at. "I have to go find Luther. Goodbye, Senior Cinco." Klaus said proudly before skipping down the hall.

(3rd person)

Kali lifted a finger and flicked the door closed with her powers. Five chuckled, "How long have you been up?"

She opened her eyes and looked up at him. He was staring down at her with a smirk. She smiled back and just shrugged.

"I'm freezing." She shivered trying to snuggle back into Five's chest.

"That's not what you said last night." Five informed. She looked up again and gave him a strange look. "You woke me up with your sleep talking and told me, 'You're too hot to deserve a blanket.' , kicked the blankets off of us and proceeded to wrap your leg around me like a koala." He chuckled.

She went a dark red and groaned, burying her face in his chest again, "Sorry."

"No, it's fine. I actually quite enjoyed it." He informed. She somehow turned an even deeper shade of red and her eyes went wide.

"Can we just stay here? L-Like this?" She asked, her voice still muffled in his chest.

"Sure, but not for too long. We have a world to save, remember?"

She didn't respond and hugged him tighter. She fell back asleep in a matter of minutes.

30 minutes later Five woke her up, "Okay, I gotta piss and I need coffee." He said hurriedly.

"No." She whined.

"Do you want me to pee on you?"

She rolled off of him and grabbed the blanket from the end of the bed and pulled it over her head.

Five got out of bed and told her he'll be downstairs, she hummed in response. Kali headed downstairs a bit after and all heads turned towards her. She looked down and let her hair spill in front of her face as she made her way to a chair beside Five.

Five slid his coffee across the table, she looked through a curtain of hair and gave him a small smile before taking the coffee. She also noticed he had changed into pajamas'. Not that she cared that he wasn't wearing no shirt anymore. Right?

"Hey, Kali, guess what!" Klaus exclaimed. She looked up at him and took a sip of coffee. "Luther, popped his cherry!" He said jumping around and clapping. She choked and coffee went flying out of her nose. She covered her mouth with the back of her hand while she suffered from a coughing fit.

"She did not need to know that..." Luther said.

"Look, you're killing her, Klaus." Five said with a smile as he watched her suffer. When she recovered she gave Luther a shaky smile and double thumbs up, that was the best she could do with her nose burning and the fact she nearly threw up from coughing so hard.

Klaus burst out laughing like it was the funniest thing ever, unknown to everyone else Ben chuckled, Five just kept smiling as he watched her and Luther groaned as he put his head in his hands.

"Okay, there's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out. Yeah." Klaus said staring off into the distance.

"Klaus." Luther said.

"I conjured dad last night" He said quickly. Kali smiled at him, that meant he was most likely sober, she was proud of him.

Luther and Five looked at each other in disbelief. "You said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years."

"Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da! I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and I ended having a conversation with dear old daddy himself."

Kali was certain he was sober now and her smile grew.

"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Luther asked standing up.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers." Five replied. Kali gave her brothers a look of disbelief, how were they not proud of Klaus?

"Hey, hey, hey. This is serious, guys, alright? This really happened, I swear." Klaus tried to tell them. Luther sat back down with a sigh.

"Okay, fine, I'll play. What did the old man have to say?" Five questioned.

"Well, he gave the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada, yada, yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, because... he killed himself." Klaus said solemnly.

Luther stood up again, "I don't have time for your games, Klaus." Kali was pissed now, she used her powers and shoved him down in his chair she turned to Five and gave him a look that told him he better not stand as well.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth."

"Why'd he do it, then?" Five quizzed.

"He said it was the only way he could get us all back home again."

"No. Dad wouldn't just kill himself." Luther said in disbelief.

"Ah, you said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office all day and night." Five said.

"No. There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviors."

"Like sending someone to the moon for no reason?" Klaus shot back.

"I swear to God, Klaus, if you're lying..."

"I'm not. I'm not."

Pogo walked into the room, "Master Klaus is correct." Five turned around in his chair to look at the chimp and Kali whispered, "Plot twist." Pogo continued on, "Regretfully... I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan."

"What?" Luther asked in disbelief.

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for the both of us. More difficult than you could ever know. Prior to your fathers death, Graces programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Five gasped out. Kali nodded in agreement as she stared at Pogo.

"So the security tape we saw?" Luther asked.

"It was meant to further the murder mystery. Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together... would reunite your desire to be a team again." Pogo informed.

"And to what end?" Five asked.

"To save the world, of course."

Klaus laughed, "All right."

"First the moon mission and now this. You watched me search for answers and said nothing. Anything else you want to share Pogo? Any other damn secrets?" Luther demanded, standing up.

Kali got up with glowing eyes and stood in front of Luther with pure rage on her face. At least Pogo actually tried to be a better father than Reginald.

"Hey, Kali, Luther, calm down." Klaus tried.

"No, I won't calm down. Kali move out of the damn way, Pogo can stand up for himself." Kali still didn't move. "We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted." Kali felt her heart break when she realized he was right.

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I... I had no choice." Pogo said.

Kali's heart just kept cracking. Today was going so well. She walked backwards on shaky legs and sat back in her chair as her eyes filled with water.

Luther walked towards Pogo, "There's always a choice." And with that he walked out of the room.

Five put his head in his hands and sighed, just as Kali was about to ask if he was okay he announced, "I gotta think." And he blinked away without her.

She stared at his spot and for the third time in a minute her heart broke. She looked up at Klaus who looked upset with himself and everyone else.

He looked up at her and in how she looked, her eyes were teary, she was still in the same clothes as yesterday and her glowing red eyes were slowly fading back into its original light brown.

"Wanna go up to my room?" He asked. Out of habit, she reached up and grabbed her necklace Five gave her and shook her head.

"Okay, then. I'll be in my room if you change your mind." He said getting out of his seat and walking away. Ben stayed in his seat across from the girl as she stared at the table.

She put her head in her hands and sighed deeply. She abruptly stood up and looked around the room. She walked over to the fridge and grabbed some peanut butter and then some marshmallows from a cabinet. She put together a sandwich and stared at it.

"Just apologize. Give him the sandwich and apologize." She whispered to herself. She picked up the plate and walked upstairs with Ben on her tail.

When she reached Five's door she knocked lightly on the door.

"What?" Five snarled from inside and Kali tensed. 'He knows its me. That's why he's so mad.' She told herself. She didn't know what she was apologizing for, but she just told her that she needed to and didn't have another thought on why.

Five got annoyed at the silence when he expected an answer and flung open the door. His expression softened deeply, "Hey, Eight."

She didn't notice as she stared down at the sandwich and her lip began to tremble.

"Here." She said, and handed the plate to him.

"Oh, thanks, Kal." He smiled as she stared at her feet. "Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry." She blurted out.

"I- what?"

"I'm so sorry." She repeated as a tear fell down her face.

"What are you sorry for? Whatever you did I'm sure it's my fault." He told her.

She shook her head, "No. It's not. I- I- I'm a-horr-horrible p-" She grunted in frustration at the fact that she couldn't get words out and looked up at Five with her tear stained face. She noticed he was out of his pajamas and back into the academy outfit.

Five set down his plate quickly and wrapped his arms around her. She didn't technically hug back, she just grabbed onto his sleeves and sobbed into his chest.

Usually she would be angry at Five for hugging her first but at the moment she didn't think anything of it. She just wanted her best friend to know that she was sorry and that she felt terrible about whatever she needed to apologize for.

"Sit. I don't want you passing out and hitting your head on the floor if I can't catch you." He told her while backing into his room, she let go of him and walked in as well.

As soon as they were fully in his room she slid down the wall and began to pinch her arm tp stay awake. Five sat down beside her and placed his hand on her hand that she was pinching herself with, "Please don't do that, Kal." He said calmly. Yes, he knew she was just trying to make herself stay awake, but he didn't like her method if it involved her hurting herself.

Ben sat down on the other side of Kali and watched, upset that he couldn't do anything.

She slowly let go of her arm and leaned her head back against the wall as she stared ahead of her.

Her crying stopped and her breathing slowed. "Lay down." Five told her.

She laid her head on his lap and passed out. Five sighed, "Yeah. I guess I can still think like this."

When Kali woke up about 10 minutes later she began to play with the hem on the end of Five's shorts just like she had in the car the other day.

He looked down at her, "Good, you're awake. We need Klaus."

She bit her lip and sat up, Five stood up and opened the door. Kali got up and walked passed him a bit hurriedly. She was mortified with herself, she cried and apologized about nothing and then passed out on Five's lap. Who does that?!

Five knocked on Klaus' door and didn't wait for an answer before walking in, "Hey. Get up. We're going."

"Where?" Klaus questioned looking up from what he was trying to knit.

"To save the world." Five said casually.

"Oh, is that all? Great." He looked to the door and seen Kali, smiled and looked beside her, "I was wondering where you went." She tilted her head and looked beside her. Nobody was there and she looked back at Klaus and raised an eyebrow.

"So, Pogo said dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?"

"Yeah, so?" Klaus questioned as he stumbled out of bed and attempted to put pants on.

"So it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but dad, he can't time travel. So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?"

"Well, you know..."

"Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical. Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse."

"Yeah, but I always thought that he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes." Klaus said putting on a shoe.

"Me too. But what if the old man really knew what was going to happen?"

"Yeah, but knew how?"

"No idea. But the fact remains, his fakata plan worked. We all came home. Since we're here, we might as well save the world."

Klaus sniffed his shirt and put it on, "Oh yeah? What, like, the three of us?"

"Uh, well, ideally, no, but... gotta work with what I got." Five said walking out of the room and the two followed him. Diego came running down the hall. "Where have you been?"

"Jail. Long story. Where's Luther?" He asked as he ran into his room and took his jacket off.

"Haven't seen him since breakfast."

"Yeah. Two days till the world ends, he picks a great time to go off the grid." Klaus joked.

"Shit. Allison is in danger." Diego informed them, walking back out of his room.

The three looked at each other in confusion.

. . .

They walked up to a shady bar and Klaus opened the door and pointed inside, "Look."

Diego walked in and Five limped beside him with Kali watching him cautiously.

"Trying a little hair of the dog, are we? Hm?" Klaus chuckled.

"Leave me alone." Luther grumbled.

Diego sat down, "Give us a minute."

"Okay, come on. Maybe they'll brood each other to death." Klaus said.

The three walked away and leaned against the wall, Five looked towards Kali when her watchful eye was getting a bit annoying. She looked him up and down worrriedly. "Yes?" Five asked.

She gave him a pained look before looking down to the floor and letting her hair fall in front of her face.

Klaus leaned closer to Five and tapped his wrist to show they didn't have much time and Five nodded in agreement.

"You should have led with that!" They heard Luther yell and he rushed out of the bar cussing, he ripped the door almost completely off its hinges and they rushed after him.

. . .

They had been driving for a couple hours now and Kali, who was sitting in between Klaus and Five at the front seat, was getting extremely fidgety and everyone could tell.

Usually she would be pacing around whatever room she was in when she was nervous. But being stuck in the same spot for almost three hours while her anxiety was through the roof, it was driving her crazy.

Her leg was bouncing rapidly and even though it was annoying the hell out of everyone they let her turn the broken radio dials. Every time it turned one way it would make a click sound, she would press it twice and turn it the other way.

Luther leaned forward, "Hey. Can you go any faster?" He asked Five and then turned to Kali, "And can you, please, stop doing that?"

She mouthed a 'sorry' and leaned back in her seat embarrassed at how childish she was acting without even realizing it.

"Ask me again or tell Kali what to do again, and I'll burn you with the cigarette lighter. Do whatever you want, Kali." He reassured.

She shook her head and let her hair fall over her face again.

Five sped up the car like Luther asked. No matter how irritated he was with Luther, he was still worried about his sister.

. . .

They parked in front of the cabin and rushed out of the car, into the home.

Diego kicked open the door and Luther pushed past. "Allison! No!" He exclaimed.

Five, Klaus and Kali rushed into the house at Luther's words and froze in their place. Allison lay on the floor, with her neck slit open and was bleeding out.

"Om, my, God. Allison." Luther cried out again as he held her and cried. Klaus kneeled beside Luther covering his mouth and Diego stood to the side in horror.

"Please look at me, please..." He sobbed.

Kali stared at her sister's limp body in a daze. She knew what was happening, but she also... didn't.

She just stood there. Watching. What else was she able to do? She couldn't heal people.

Five stood in front of her so that she couldn't see her sister but Kali stared at Five's chest as if she could see through him.

Five didn't know what to do. Nobody did. Luther was sobbing on the floor, Allison was bleeding out at a rapid pace and Kali was in so much shook she couldn't even blink.

(Words: 3161)

AN: Hello, beautiful people! Haha, I left you all on a cliffhanger but that's how the episode ends. I just want to thank you all, like this story is at nearly 4K! I expected nobody to read this so four thousand reads.... It's a lot. When I finish this season I think I'll rewrite the chapters cause it's really fucking dramatic rn and most of them are unedited cause I just quickly do a lot of it after of before school and finish on weekends. For example, I literally just did this all after school so it's unedited and hasn't even been read over yet. Anyways, I love you all <3

-ash :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

822 53 36
S2 Of Umbrella Academy🌹🔥 |Part 2 of Fire and Flame| Siblings live their own lives in the 60s and then there's an upcoming apocalypse. Shit. SAME WE...
79.5K 2K 42
𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘈𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘕𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨...
270K 8.4K 40
"Your life is about to get real busy," Five sighed. "Now, rules: Don't talk during meals, the only time we're allowed free time for fun is on Saturda...
298K 7.3K 19
━ 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒈𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏