The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 14

18.8K 584 13
By HumbleSmith123

The scene of our first meeting was something that felt like a soothing balm. Each time it crossed my heart, I become softhearted and would only feel the urge to smile and wish to see her again. Especially that moment when she ran to get the drug, when she screamed and leaned close to my face to check if I was dead already; also that point when she sat on the stool beside the bed, locking her pretty eyes with mine.

"You can't kill her, right?" My mother bawled, breaking my world of thoughts as I cringed and pulled my head up to look at them. Both were standing in front of me with rage filled in their eyes like a lake of fire.

"I can...." My voice dropped out like a gasp, every hair on my body shooting up as I chilled at everything happening. I couldn't believe it, or could I tell what I would do. My parents won't spare her, and I fear what my mother will do next with her magic powers.

"Blake, when did you turn into a coward? Your sister wouldn't have given that man a chance if he was a werewolf. He could only get her because he was a vampire working for the enemy, but now you have a werewolf as your mate and you're falling in love with her? You want to die? You want the throne to be taken away from my generation? Is that it?" Dad growled as he took heavy steps closer to me, glaring and grunting as every muscle in his body swelled.

"I just said, i will kill her. Yes, I can kill her. I'm not falling in love!" I sighed and it seemed to make my mother so mad as she shot an invisible whip at my legs, causing a loud cry to shoot off my lips as I fell to the floor.

"What did she give you? Is it a love portion? You have never fallen in love and a werewolf can't soften your stony heart at first sight!!" She yelled while Dad grumbled and moved back to his throne, sat and buried his face in his palm.

Mom's question made me realize how much my mate had softened my heart towards her by saving me.

"You have no idea what I can do." Mom shrugged and sat beside Daddy.

"She saved me, that's it. After she saved me, I found it hard to pay back by killing her." I spoke out, but no one was listening, as my mother leaned her head on dad's shoulder while he sagged his face down in silence, but I knew they were talking to each other through their minds and that scared me.

"Do you both hear me?....But it doesn't mean I can't kill her. I didn't know her pack killed my sister. Now that I know, I won't spare her! ... I pro...." My voice cut as I gulped at that word. Was I trying to promise it just now?

"You can leave!" Mom finally spoke out, and I furrowed my brows at her, wondering what she meant.

"You mean?"... I squinted my eyes.

"You can leave. We are done talking with you. Leave, I will be having a meeting with the elders now and the maids need to arrange this place," Dad replied dryly, every emotion gone as they both seemed to have something hidden in their hearts.

"We aren't done." I stuttered, rising to my feet.

"You've already told us you're going to kill her, haven't you? Then let's see. " Mom hissed and walked away to her room while Dad called in the maids to arrange the room for the meeting, while I stood like a statue, wondering and racking my brain about what would be on their mind. I had always feared my mother because of her special abilities, and now I am certain she had something planned with my father.

Gosh! Now I'm scared for my mate. I was caring so deeply for her, and it was clear my stony heart was melting.

Lola's POV.

The tears in my eyes never paused for a second as I shuffled my weak and wobbling legs to their room with a broom and dustpan. My stomach was crying out so loudly for food as my heavy eyes kept shutting themselves while I battled to keep them open.

Every strength in me was sapping out with pain all over my body, but it wasn't compared to what I felt in my heart as I knocked on their door and was ushered in to see Torian and Sophia, his new girlfriend, cuddling together under the duvet.

I had been made a slave, and Torian was now staying in the Royal Pack House with his new mate. It was morning, and I was the first to wake up so as to sweep the entire building, wash the plates used last night, and cook before they all wakes up.

I'm here to sweep their room, and the way they cuddled each other ripped my heart. I wasn't allowed to accept the rejection, so now I'm faced with the immeasurable pain of seeing him with another lady as his mate. But what happened last night is something I can't understand.

Something strange seemed to be forming inside me.

I could still recall all that happened yesterday, and the thought couldn't stop banging in my head confusions, and causing shudders to run through my spine at the fear of what my life might turn into.

It was like an illusion, yet it was happening in reality. I wasn't what I thought I was. Yes I don't think I am a normal wolf.

Just suddenly, last night, I had noticed the pain that had swept through my whole body vanish, and all weakness and fear had suddenly left me. Not just that, I also felt an intense craving to kill instead of crying and shivering like the weakling I had always been.

That day when they brought me to the Alpha to be killed for saving the vampire would have been my last day on earth, but Sophia had made them spare my life to make me a slave instead.

I was thrown into the dungeon, which had a pungent smell that made me throw up regularly. They had told me that would be my apartment for days, the place where I would stay as my room. I was fed, but eating was so hard as the bad smell mixed up with the food, causing my belly to churn as all appetite vanished immediately, but I knew deep down in me that there was something my body was longing for, and that was fresh blood.

It was just a day I was kept in the dungeon, yet it seemed like a year and I prayed for death because of how bad the place was. Every minute, I ask the moon goddess to take my life, but it seems she has fated me to suffer terribly before death.

Sophia and Torian had visited me in the dungeon last night to taunt and torture me, but what they never knew was that some strange inner energy was spreading through my veins to my heart. I really felt the true depth of every hit, but I couldn't cry. Instead, I grit my teeth and clenched my fist with groans and heavy breaths.

Yes, I should be crying and rolling on the floor as usual while they bash me, but that wasn't what happened last night. I was absorbing the pain with my heart was filled with rage. I was suddenly feeling extremely furious, and that made my blood run hot through my veins, making my heart become very heavy and swelled up. I only wished I wasn't chained so I could kill Torian and Sophia instantly with the surge of power spreading through my system.

I knew the powers were from the second beast inside me, but I couldn't control it either.

The urge was so strong that I sagged my head down and clenched my teeth, wondering what I was turning into. Before last night, I was a weak wolf who had never thought of killing anyone nor drinking blood, and had never had the heart to hurt anyone. How did I get such a strong desire to pierce their hearts and drink their blood?

"Lola, I can feel a beast rising inside you!" My little wolf had screamed back then, and I truly realized for real that something was forming inside me.

The new creature was a beast that craved blood and appeared so powerful that it was taking over my mind and brain. Once in my life, I felt so strong that I wanted to rush at them and tear their bodies apart. I can't tell you how, but last night, I almost killed Sophia and Torian, if and only if I wasn't chained with strong shackles.

They had chained me so I wouldn't run, but little did they know I would have killed everyone if I was freed a bit last night. It was all from the powers that emanated from the strange beast.

But on waking up this morning, I found out I must have been dreaming as all ferocious ability from the strange beast had disappeared like it was never there. I am back to my normal self, fretting and feeling my heart shattered at the rejection of my mate.

I couldn't equally feel any other beast in me except my wolf.

It hurt so much to see Sophia lying on his chest while he stroked her hair. The face of Torian was bringing back the past, those memories when we were together and admired by everyone. I was seen as a Luna in school because everyone assumed we were mates, but in the blink of an eye, I had turned into a slave; turned into that lady everyone scorns and despises from the bottom of their hearts, all because of a single act to save that vampire who might have forgotten me.

My eyes flashed at the mirror hanging on the wall, and I felt like my heart was stabbed and seared with intense pain as I saw how dirty I was. My brown hair was disheveled and scattered around my face, soiled with dirts that made it stick together. I could see my bulging eyes turning reddish due to having had a sleepless night filled with the pain.

There was no doubt I looked scary and malnourished. My body had a bad smell that irritated me. Not only had I not bathed since yesterday, I had stayed inside the dungeon, which was a place so stinking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 13.9K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...
470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
14.8K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
361K 16.8K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...