The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 13

19.7K 655 24
By HumbleSmith123

I can recall then, when she would sit with us to eat around the dining table and would smile all to herself without knowing she was doing it. Then she will tell us she was thinking about that man.

I can't be doing the same now. Blake, when did you become a fool? It doesn't matter if she dies! I shouldn't care about her, and everything about her should be away from my mind now! What the fuck?

"Sir, I am... so... sorry." The maid kept shaking, afraid to lose her life. I was sure she must have seen others drift to their deaths by my vampire fireball because of a mistake they made, but I am in a good mood today, so she is safe.

"Get out of here now!" I ordered, and she sped away like the wind while I turned back to my food, hissing and grunting to myself. I hope I never fall in love with her. Not even my mother would welcome any werewolf as my mate. Once I inform her she was a werewolf, mom would never let me accept her, not to talk about my father.

After some minutes, I was done eating and stood up, stretched my body and yelped as I felt fully satisfied.

I dragged the chair back and started to head over to the palace to stay with my dad when three guards ran over to me, breathing heavily like they were being hunted.

"What is it?" I sneered at them as anger rushed in. Why the hell would they run up to me like this?

"We are sorry. Your father wants to see you now!" One of them spoke out in a rush, like he was losing his breath.

"Is that why you're running and panting like a goat?" I scowled, and they shivered, moving back to avoid my punch, which could come at anytime.

"Your mother found something shocking about your mate. Please go and meet them in the palace!" Another stuttered, sucking his breath, and at that moment, I felt my heart flutter as every hair on my body rose in agitation at what they had just said.

The thought of my mate being killed by her pack for saving me had suddenly crossed my heart as what mom found out, the same way she had figured my mate was in pain. That was the reason for the fear that gripped me.

Wasting no second, I dashed to the palace, and on getting there, I saw my father and mother, both on their feet, with Dad moving back and forth, breathing heavily.

"Dad..." I called out, and they both flashed their gaze at me, gritting their teeth.

"What are you waiting for to lure your mate here and get her killed?" Dad seethed immediately as my brows gathered in confusion.

"I have found out through the ring that your mate is a werewolf and also a pack hunter, but not just that, she is a member of the pack that murdered your sister! BLUE MOON PACK! " My mum bawled, and my jaw dropped as I gaped at her in great shock.

"It is our time to get revenge for your sister's death by not just killing her, but also her entire family, who are the hunters using poison arrows." Dad cheered with a bright smile, but I couldn't smile back or feel any glint of happiness. I was just realizing that I wouldn't be able to kill my mate.

The thought of her death alone was giving me chills, and all I had in mind was to protect her instead.

Blake's POV.

I stared at them, swallowing the lumps in my throat continuously, scratching my head and sucking my breath as I couldn't find any words to say. Their eyes, expression, and body reaction all showed how certain they were that I would do as they said- killing my mate.

I had always turned away from love, and not long ago, I told my mother I would kill my mate. But I was bluffing. As they both stared at me with their hatred for the werewolves visible in their countenance, I couldn't help the thudding of my heart, which had gone erratic.

For some moments, I regretted having a witch mother who had a crafty and mysterious way of finding things out, no matter how much you hid them. Now she has pulled her stunt again.

I never showed all this on my face. I made sure my expression never gave me out, but now I think all that was useless; I think that which I dreaded was about to happen. My parents had known that my mate was a werewolf and would go to any length to kill her, to worsen it, she wasn't just a mere werewolf, but also a member of the pack that killed my sister.

"Mom, you said you found my mate was what?" I finally spluttered, gulping as my breath hitched inside my throat nervously while I tried hard to hide all that was running through my mind.

But my inquisitive mother already seemed to know, as she raised her brows at me, peering into my eyes like she would gourge it out with a stare.

I said, "I found out who your mate is, and I don't understand why you hide it from us. I know you hated having mate and won't give way to love; you also told me you'd kill her rather than accept whatever was related to love, and I stupidly tried to force you to accept it. Gosh! I'm so sorry!" She stated, tugging her hair and letting out an angry snort, showing how much she hated the sound of werewolves.

"Son, I'm happy about this news because it seems like our prayers have just been answered. Getting back at them has become quite easier now." my dad chirped in a satisfying smile, which he directed at me. I had to force myself to pretend everything was fine by smiling back.

"But, how did you both find out who paid my sister's lover to kill her? How did you know it was the werewolves, talking more about being the pack of my mate?" I asked in a gruff voice, which was more out of frustration than curiosity.

My mind had already planned how I would sneak to her pack and to her room to check on her, using my mother's dark powers to cover my scent and nature, so as to spend some time with her. Yes, that was the crazy thought that had crept into my mind recently, only for me to hear this from them.

Dad sighed in sadness and buried his face in his palm. "Your mother had to visit a lot of magicians to get more powers to look deeply into the past, and after a lot of pains and struggles, she found it out. We didn't bother telling you because there was nothing we could do since we can't wage war on them and they aren't crossing the boundary anymore." He muffled.

"Those cruel wolves killed my only daughter!" My mother cried out, with tears streaming down profusely. I also watched as Dad grunted, hurt deeply.

My heart became so heavy and I felt the urge to cry too. The image of my sister was flashing through my mind and I could vividly see her smiling at me. She was the most beautiful lady anyone would see. Taking over my mother's beauty made her stand out differently, adding her bravery and expertise in fighting battles. Every man craved for her.

These scenes my parent were pulling in front of me were battering my head and filling me with guilt, especially when I heard mom cry more intensely, shaking and clutching her chest while dad tried consoling her. I could recall how much my mother loved my sister that she wouldn't want to stay away from her side. Even when my sister had grown up, my mother would still find time to spend with her. They were so fond of each other.

My eyes became wet on watching the emotional scene playing in front of me. Goosebumps covered my entire skin as I shivered under the influence. My brain had just pictured the gruesome picture of my sister's dead body. She was killed like an animal, and her heart was also missing.

"Blake, don't spare any chance to kill those devilish werewolves!!!" My father thundered, banging his fist on the table as he hugged my weeping mother tighter.

His saddened voice broke through my spirit and made me feel so stupid at what I had just allowed my heart to feel. How did I ever fall in love with a werewolf?

"I will kill her right away!" I growled, and mom pulled away from Dad's chest and flashed a deadly glare at me that I flinched at how scary it was.

"Liar! " She spat at me, and my eyes dilated as her words threw me back, my heartbeat hitching immediately.

Dad was also stunned as he stared at her, wondering why she called me that.

"You knew she was a werewolf, yet you gave her my precious gift, the ring pendant! Even if you didn't know, I can see your eyes still filled with warmth for her! You are still in love with her even after I have told you her pack killed your sister!!!!" My mother shrieked at the top of her voice, her eyes turning sparkling blue, showing how furious she was at me.

"Mom..."

"Don't call me that!" She barked and picked the glass cup on the table, flung it at me furiously while I let it hit my head even when I could easily dodge it. I deserved to be beaten to death for being so stupid!

"Blake, you won't kill her and her family? You won't lure her into our trap?" Dad asked with a deep frown, piercing his dark brown eyes into mine as he slowly rose from the throne.

My head sagged down to the floor as hot tears stung my eyes. My emotions were battling each other, causing my head to bang terribly. I tried so hard to convince myself that the next time I'd set my eyes on her, I would kill her, but it never ceases to amaze me how warm my heart becomes whenever her image crosses my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 63.5K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...
978 139 27
Chloe doesn't want to be like this. Learning you're a werewolf and that you have a mate is one thing. But why do these things always happen at the wo...
234K 7.1K 15
"No way in hell are we mates," Cameron spat, his greenish-blue eyes glinting with hatred as he sneered at me. Ignoring the sensation of my heart brea...