| 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑 | 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 �...

By Fivespotatoe

ᴋᴀʟɪ ʜᴀʀɢʀᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ, ɪꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴜᴛɪꜱᴛɪᴄ, Sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴜᴛᴇ. ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴠᴇʀʙᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴜᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇꜱꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ... More

Introduction
Childhood
Childhood (pt.2)
Childhood (pt.3)
Childhood (pt.4)
Childhood (pt.5)
Childhood (pt.6)
Chapter 1
Facts about Kali
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
BIRTHDAY CHAOS *\(⊙~⊙)/*
Chapter 4
Childhood (pt.7)
Childhood (pt.8)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Season 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Apology
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 7

4.8K 100 20
By Fivespotatoe

(17 Years ago)

The limo (I'm gonna make it a limo in this story lmao) came to a stop outside the house and Kali looked nervously out the window, there was so many people. She wished she was invisible when it came to going on missions and coming home from them.

Five and Kali had the backseat to themselves like usual. Reginald got out of the car, along with Luther. People called out and cheered louder when they seen, 'Space boy'

Five handed Kali her noise cancelling headphones that are used for after missions and she took them with shaky hands.

"You'll be alright. Just another day, it'll be over soon." Five told her.

Diego, Ben and Klaus all got out and Five looked at Kali once more before opening their door. The cheers got louder at seeing Five and Eight. The two friends stepped out and Kali gripped onto Five's sleeve while walking out of the limo with her head down.

A boy jumped over the barricades and grabbed Kali's sleeve, she immediately stopped walking and Five spun around.

"Excuse me, I'm your biggest fan." The boy said with a bright smile. Kali began to shake and she looked up at Five, her eyes beginning to water.

Five stormed over to the boy and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "Don't touch her." He growled.

Reginald seen what was happening and yelled, "Get back behind the barricade!"

Five didn't let go of the boy when reginald walked up to him, "Number Five, bring Number Eight back into the house." He demanded.

Five huffed and shoved the boy a bit before walking up to Kali, "Come on, Kali." She grabbed his sleeve again and quickly followed beside him.

"It's just... I was born on the same day as the Academy kids. I think I'm like them. I must be. I haven't quite figured out what my power is... yet. But maybe with your help, we can find out. " the boy spoke.

Reginald crouched down to the boys level, "You have no power. You never will have power. Now, go home."

"No, please. Just... I... You have to let me stay. I came all this way. Please don't make me go back."

Reginald stood back up, "A little word of advice, my boy. Not everyone in this world can be powerful. Chasing something unattainable is a recipe for a lifetime of disappointment. So get off my property." He said picking the boy up by his blazer and throwing him away.

Everyone laughed at the boy as Reginald went back into the house.

(Present day)

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison questioned.

Diego looked up at Five, "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?"

Five drank the rest of his coffee and threw it behind him, "I don't know... yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know."

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego asked in disbelief.

"That's enough."

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkins' in the city"

"Well, we just better start looking, then."

Allison spoke up, "I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here?"

Kali looked over at Five and he grunted slightly while looking down at his side. She made sure she would ask him about that later.

"I mean, how exactly do you know all this about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh yeah, I think I remember those guys." Klaus said.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you and your girlfriend were getting drunk." Diego joked.

Kali and Five both blushed, "She's not my girlfriend. And yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commision to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth."

"The Temps what?" Allison said confused.

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commision headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

Everyone was silent for a second trying to take it all in.

"What do you mean, protect time and space?"

"Where is Hazel, Five?"

"My skin is on fire."

"Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?" Allison asked.

"You know what else is insane? I look like a 13 year old boy. Klaus talks to the dead, Luther thinks that he's fooling everybody with that over coat, and Kali doesn't talk and seems like she's really innocent but in reality if you piss her off she can rip your arms and legs off with just a thought. Everything about us is insane. It always has been."

"He's got a point there." Klaus said.

"We didn't choose this life, we're just trying to live it. For the next three days, anyway."

"But, last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?" Allison asked.

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire."

"You know her name?"

"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her."

"Alright. Let's get this bastard."

Diego spoke up, "You had me a Gerald Jenkins."

Kali sighed and Five gave him a look, "Harold Jenkins" He corrected.

"Whatever. I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing anyone else."

"And Luther?"

"Yeah, you go. I'm gonna stay and go through dad's files. I still think this has to do with why he sent me to the moon."

"Seriously? Now you want to make the end of the world about you and dad?" Diego asked irattated.

"No. 'Watch for threats.' That's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow."

'No, we should all stick together." Allison said.

"We don't have time for this" Five exclaimed.

"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me." Diego informed.

"Yeah. I-I'm good. I think I'll, uh... I think I'll pass, I'm... feeling a little under the weather, so, uh..." He groaned walking out of the room.

Diego and Five walked out with Kali right on their tail and Allison walking hesitantly behind.

. . .

Kali sat in the backseat with Allison while Five sat in the front with Diego. The car was parked in front of a police stat

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. He just gotta get our hands on this file." Diego told them.

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and ask for it?" Allison mused. Kali nodded her head agreeing with Allison.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time in there."

"Handcuffed."

"Whatever. Here's the plan."

"Plan? I'm just gonna blink in there and get the file." Five stated.

"No, that's not... You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?"

"I literally just did this yesterday."

Everyone looked at him confused.

"What?"

"Well, my yesterday, not your yesterday." He tried to explain. "It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?"

"Listen to me. You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads." He got out of the car and went down an alleyway.

The three watched him go and got out as well. Five leaned against the wall with his arms crossed while Allison used a pay phone to call Vanya.

Kali stood beside Five and stared at him intently. He looked up at her, "What?"

She looked down at his side then back up at him. "I'm fine. Just pulled a muscle. Don't worry about it."

She sighed and looked toward Allison, she was about to hang up the phone but Kali rushed over and stuck out her hand. Allison spoke into the phone once more, "Kali wants to say something." She passed the phone over and stood beside Five.

Kali took a shaky breath before speaking softly, "Hey, Vanya... I-I'm really s-sorry... for everything. Just... just know, I-I love you. Bye." She put the phone back onto the receiver and stood there staring at it for a moment.

Diego walked around the corner with a file in hand. "So?" Five asked.

"Your welcome." He said holding it up and Allison snatched it from his hand.

She opened it ignoring the glare from her brother, "Holy shit."

"What?"

"Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody." She told them, holding up the file.

. . .

They all got out of the car and walked up to Harold's house.

"Be careful, Okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of." Allison told Diego.

"Yeah, he didn't seem to dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers. I mean, look at him." She gestured to Five.

He took it as a complement, "Thanks" Kali tried to hide her laughter with the back of her hand hand and Five looked very proud that he made her laugh.

Allison walked away from the three and around the house.

"Good point. So what's this guy want with Vanya?" Diego asked still unaware that Allison was missing.

They walked up the steps, "I don't know. How about he ask him after we kill him?" Five joked and Kali snickered quietly.

"Woah, woah. Hey, look, I'm just gonna burst through-" He cut himself off when he seen Allison was missing. "You know what? It would be nice for people to just stick to-" He was cut off again by Five blinking into the house. "-The plan."

He looked at Kali and sighed, "You mind..." he mimicked the hand gestures that she does when she uses her powers and she gave him an amused scoff.

She lifted a hand and flicked her wrist, the door went flying off its hinges and landed with a loud bang on the floor. The two walked in and stood on top of the door as Five and Allison walked up to them.

"Subtle." Allison said.

Five chuckled, "You know, the door was probably unlocked."

Kali smirked and shrugged.

"This way was more fun. And it works just as well. Spread out. Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble." Diego sighed and walked away.

"Ah, inspiring leadership." Five mused.

"One of the greats." Allison said.

"A real role model." Kali whispered.

They all went their separate ways, Allison went upstairs, Five went in the living room, Diego went in the kitchen and Kali just walked around and checked every little spot for clues to something.

"Guys, you need to see this." Allison called out and everyone ran upstairs.

They climbed up the attic ladder and looked around the room. "All our faces are burned off." Allison said in horror.

There was pictures, figurines and cut outs from magazines and Allison was correct, all the faces were indeed burnt or scratched off.

"Well, that's not creepy." Diego said sarcastically. "This guy's got some serious issues."

"Shit" Both him and Five swore in sync.

"This was never about Vanya. This was about us." Allison realized.

Five began to sway and he looked down at his side wincing. Kali looked towards him and he looked up at her before falling.

She quickly dropped down beside him with panic and fear plastered on her face.

"Five. Wh- blood." Allison pointed out as the two knelt beside him as well.

They began to lift his shirt and gasped. "Jesus, Five. Why didn't yo say anything?" Diego scolded. There was a shrapnel wound in his side that was oozing blood everywhere.

Kali looked at Five and her eyes began to fill with tears, she should have known. This was all her fault.

"You have to keep going. So...close." He panted before losing consciousness. Kali stared in horror and her breath got caught in her throat.

"Five." Allison said. "Five!" She tried again and her and Diego shook him and slapped his cheek. He still didn't respond and Kali fell to her butt on the floor, shaking uncontrollably.

She began to look around the room frantically as if willing for something to help him. Her siblings took notice of her state, "Hey, Kali. We don't want you passing out on us as well, okay. He'll be fine." Diego tried to reassure her. She still didn't look at the two and Diego snapped his fingers in front of her face.

She looked at him and blinked a few tears escaped her eyes, "Come on. We need your powers to bring him down the ladder." He told her.

She took a moment to process what he said and nodded before standing up and making him float with her powers. They went down the ladder with Five floating behind them and they got into the car. Kali layed Five down in the back seat and she sat at the end of his feet.

Diego and Allison didn't know who to look at the whole ride. Five was bleeding out and Kali looked completely out of it. She was completely emotionless and was staring at the back of Diego's seat.

The car came to a halt and Kali snapped back into reality. She flung open her door and rushed inside with Five floating behind her and Allison and Diego trying to catch up.

"We should have taken him to the hospital." Allison told them.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions." Five said in a raspy voice. Kali's head snapped in his direction and she took her first proper breath since the moment he fell.

"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins' attic." Allison pointed out.

Kali softly dropped him on the couch and he groaned. She looked at him worriedly and her hands shook at her sides.

"He's still losing a lot of blood. What do we do?" Allison asked, taking her coat off and using it to stop the blood.

"We gotta get the shrapnel out." Diego informed.

Diego looked up and began to walk away, "Diego, where are you going?" Allison called out.

"Mom?" Diego asked as he turned the corner and went out of view.

Five passed out again and Kali let silent tears fall down her face as she sat with her back against the couch.

. . .

Grace had taken Five up to his room and was patching him up. Kali sat in the chair beside Five's bed with her knees to her chest, she was still crying, she couldn't stop the tears and she didn't really want to.

Diego stood outside Five's door watching his sister cry, Allison walked up behind him and they talked.

Kali didn't listen to their conversation, she tuned it out and waited for Grace to finish.

"Kali." she heard Allison say. She turned her head and looked at her. "We're going to go find Vanya. Are you coming?"

Kali stared at her sister for a moment and then turned her gaze back to Five's bed. Allison had her answer and walked down the stairs with Diego.

When Grace finished patching Five up Kali grabbed Five's cold hand and held it. A moment later he lightly squeezed back.

She let out a sigh of relief and Five opened his eyes slightly, "Come lay down." He whispered.

"I don't want to hurt you." She said wiping her tears with the back of her free hand.

"You won't. Just come lay down, I'm cold and I want cuddles."

She chuckled and sniffled before getting to her feet and walking around to the other side of the bed. She lifted the covers and crawled in beside him, she laid on her side and stared at him, expecting him to go back to sleep.

"Cuddles." He whined.

"I can't... you literally just got stitches in your stomach." She murmured.

"Like I said, you won't hurt me. And if you do, I won't care. I'm on pain meds right now anyways, I won't even feel it now that I think about it."

She sighed and rested her head on his chest, he lightly grabbed her arm and made her hug his waist. She chuckled, "You aren't even wearing a shirt."

"Does that bother you?" he questioned putting his arms around her waist as well.

"No. I guess not."

"You know. You're getting better with talking to me the more we hang out."

"Yeah, I guess. I just forgot what it was like having you around." She sighed.

"We both did." Five said solemnly.

Kali wanted to hold him tighter and never let go but she didn't want to hurt him.

Five felt how her grip on him would tighten slightly and immediately loosen and he chuckled, "You can hold me as tight as you want. I'm numb around my waist remember?"

She smiled and hugged him tightly, as soon as his body began to get warm again she fell asleep and he went right after her.

(Words: 2788)

AN: Hello, beautiful people. I successfully finished this chapter on the same day as the last one. I hope you have a good rest of your day. I love you all <3

-ash :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 478 45
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝:) 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧 �...
359 7 10
𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖘 : 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔭𝔲𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤. 𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚 �...
102K 3K 23
"I don't need faith in any more people, the ones I have faith in right now are enough." "And who exactly are those people?" "Let me see: Diego's gone...
10.9K 256 7
𝗦𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 (𝙣.) 𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙙 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖 𝙠𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙜𝙚...