Hocus Pocus: The Secret Sande...

By NatWingz

~Fanfiction based on the 1993 Disney movie Hocus Pocus~ Before the Sanderson sisters were caught by the villa... More

🎃🕯Main Cast🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 01: The Story Of The Sanderson Sisters🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 02: A Small Trip Down Memory Lane🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 04: JuSt A bUnCh Of HoCuS pOcUs🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 05: "The Burning Rain Of Death!"🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 06: A Reunion In The Strangest Of Circumstances - Part 01🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 07: A Reunion In The Strangest Of Circumstances - Part 02 🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 08: A Dennison Bet🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 09: 🎶I Put A Spell On You~🎶🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 10: What's Done Is Done🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 11: Peace At Last?🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 12: Understanding Angie🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 13: 🎶Come Little Children/Lavender's Blue🎶🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 14: Daylight Savings Time🕯🎃
🎃🕯Chapter 15: The Final Showdown🕯🎃
🎃🕯Epilogue🕯🎃
🎃🕯IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!🕯🎃

🎃🕯Chapter 03: All Hallows Eve🕯🎃

1.7K 36 1
By NatWingz

The annual celebration hosted by Allison's family was now in full swing. As I mentioned previously, I helped in the catering side of things, as well as the costume making.

It was a promise I made with the Watts family for taking care of me since before the events of the story of the Sanderson sisters.

You see, I was taken in by Isabella Watts, Allison's ancestor, after my father passed away when I was but 5 years old. I did not know who my mother was until my 16th birthday, when my powers had suddenly appeared.

They say a witch gets their powers on their 16th birthday, which is why she turned up out of the blue, bearing me a gift.

That gift was this necklace that I have been wearing. It protects me from any spells that is cast upon me, so long as I wear it. When I remove it, I become invisible; one of the curses that wretched Winifred had put upon me because I was trying to rescue Emily along side my beloved, Thackery Binx.

Unfortunately, we never did get the chance to speak to together as we promised after the incident.

When I woke up after using too much of my magic which had drained a huge chunk of my energy, I was on a ship with Isabella travelling to England. Isabella vowed to keep me safe amongst her family as I was like a daughter to her.

Being the last living Sanderson, rumours had spread about me being a witch, so I made a promise to only use my magic in case of emergencies and out of the eye of the public. By doing so, I would have to remove my necklace and allow Winnie's curse to take effect.

In return for the Watts family keeping my real identity a secret, I agreed to become the family's official guardian, as well as the babysitter for the children of the family until they were old enough to leave home, and until my curse is miraculously lifted. It was the least I could do for the family.

When I was invisible, I used my magic to help the residents of Salem whenever there was an incident that happened.

And so, my very own story was given it's own title of which the members of the Watts family refer to me as: The Secret Sanderson Of Salem.

During the 300 years of living amongst Allison's family, I tried to visit the old Sanderson home so I could see Thackery once again, but Winnie's spell had prevented me from doing so. When I call out to him, I receive no response. It's as if the spell Winnie used to stop me from entering the house also makes it look as if no one can see me from the inside.

My only hope of reuniting with him is if a virgin were to light the Black Flame Candle, but if I know Thackery well enough, I know for certain that he was most likely protecting the candle, and for good reason.

My suspicions become true when I first caught word of the so-called story: The Sanderson Sisters.

Anyway, enough about that. It's Halloween, and I was speaking to some guests, who of course, were all dressed in Victorian-style clothing.

I was also wearing a Victorian style outfit. It represents who I am - a good witch, but also makes for an awesome costume, as the people of today would word it. I make the dresses every year, seeing as I was born before that era myself and lived through it.

Making clothes, as well as blankets to help people keep warm during the cold season, is something I've always loved to do during my spare time. Isabelle taught me herself.

(A/N: Evangeline's outfit, minus the black necklace on the dress, unless you want to imagine her wearing a different outfit, that's absolutely fine ☺️
Special thanks to LaceyStrode5 for the idea of the dress!!🧙🏻‍♀️)

I was walking through the lounge and gave a small greeting to some of the guests, when I saw Max walk through the front door with his little sister. "Trick-or-treat?"

I walked towards the cauldron and stood beside it. I faced Max and his sister with a smile and gestured a hand to the cauldron. "Go right ahead and take some, but make sure to at least save some for others."

The both of them looked at the candy in awe and gasped. "Jackpot!" They yelled before grabbing a handful of candy.

"Max Dennison."

Max immediately dropped the candy back into the cauldron and removed his hat as he looked up at the top of the stairs to see Allison in her Victorian-style dress. "Allison?"

His sister smirked and nodded in realisation. "Oh, Allison, huh?~"

I chuckled. "Yep, that's Allison." I turned round and held my hand out for the girl to shake. "Hi, I'm Evangeline, but feel free to call me Angie if you'd like. Most people do. I'm a friend of Allison's, and Max as well as of today, if he's 'cool' with that, I hope?"

Max looked taken back by surprise, then smiled at me and nodded. "Yeah...yeah, I'm cool with that."

Dani smiled at me and shook my hand. "I'm Dani. Thanks for the candy. I like your dress by the way. And also, I didn't know my brother actually had any friends."

So brutal, but so difficult not to laugh about it. Sorry Max! "Well, now you know, and thank you Dani, but that outfit you're wearing is much better." She was dressed as what mortals of today think witches look like, but I think it suits her very well.

She giggled and did a little twirl. "Thank you."

"I thought you weren't into Halloween?" Allison asked Max as she carefully made her way downstairs before standing beside me.

Max started stuttering. "I-I'm not. I was just taking my little sister, Dani, around."

"That's nice." Allison commented, although I can hear a hint of teasing in her tone.

Max wore a tight smile. "I always do it." Somehow, I doubt that.

"My parents made him." Dani said, making Max nudge her a little.

Now that, I believe.

"Do you guys want some cider?" Allison offered politely.

"Sure/No." Max and Dani spoke at the same time, making me laugh.

I shook my head. "No thank you. I'll have some later on."

Allison nodded before walking to the lounge to grab two cups of cider. She came back and handed one to Max, who thanked her before taking a sip. "So, um...how's the party?"

"Boring." Allison spoke truthfully. "It's just a bunch of my parents friends. They do this every year. The only good thing about it is the outfits and the food because Angie made them herself."

Dani gasped. "Really? That must have taken you a pretty long time to make a lot of costumes for a lot of people."

"Yeah, that's pretty awesome Angie." Said Max.

"Thank you, but to be honest, it didn't take as long as you'd think it probably would have." I told them. "Once you find something you're passionate about, you take the time to work on it, and eventually, it'll turn into something you want it to be. Something you set your mind on that would turn out to be the goal you want to aim for."

"You know, you sound very...I don't know...wise for a teenager." Dani said before picking up a piece of candy. "Better to be wise than dumb, I guess."

I shook my head and laughed. Dani is one of a kind. "I see a bright future ahead of you Dani."

"By the way Dani." Allison and Max joined us. "I love your costume."

"Thank you. I really like yours, too. Of course, I can't wear anything like that because I don't have any...what do you call 'em Max? Yabos?" Max spat his drink back in his cup, making Allison and I laugh. "Max likes your yabos. In fact, he loves 'em."

I raised an eyebrow. "You told your little sister you like Allison's 'yabos', Max? Seriously?" Max blushed in embarrassment and looked at Dani as of to say 'stop talking'.

Allison was blushing in embarrassment, and because of that, she avoided looking at Max and offered Dani a chocolate lollipop in the shape of a witch and took a bit out of it. Ironically, it reminded me of Winnie. Well, at least the hair did. "I'm really into witches."

Hi, I'm Sabrina Spellman, and I'm a witch.

Of course, that was an awful joke I made up on the spot. This is why I would never become a comedian.

"Really?" Dani asked. "Me too." Dani unwrapped the chocolate lollipop and took a bit out of it. "We just learned about those sisters in school."

Allison seemed interested. "Oh, you mean the Sanderson sisters? I know all about them. My mom used to run the museum." And I did everything I could to avoid it, unless I was bringing her lunch after making it.

"There's a museum about 'em?" Dani asked, intrigued.

"Oh, there was, but you see, it shut down because a lot of spooky things happened there." I whispered the last part.

"Well, why don't we go to this old Sanderson house?" Max surprisingly looked interested. I can think of a couple of reasons why they shouldn't go, but it's not as if I can tell them as of right now. Later, maybe. I need a little time for that, especially if I want to earn their trust first.

Dani shook her head, and Allison didn't look too sure. Max pushed on. "Well? Come on, make a believer out of me." If they do decide to go, then I'll just have to stand outside and look as I'm guarding the place.

"Okay, let me get changed. They'll never miss me." Allison walked passed Max and made her way back up stairs, but turned around and grabbed my arm, pulling me with her to the stairs. "But if I'm going, then you're going too, Angie. Take the rest of the night off and enjoy All Hallows Eve for once."

I looked between Allison, Dani, and Max, and sighed in defeat. Doesn't look like I can get out of this even if I wanted to.

I sent an apologetic look to Dani. "If it makes you feel any better Dani, and I hope it does, I'll stand outside of the house and keep a look out, okay? No one would even dare think about venturing there, especially on tonight of all nights, but if they did, I'll send all of you a signal to warn you in advance and do my best to scare them so they run away screaming. You have my word."

I didn't hear Dani's reply because Allison dragged me the rest of the way to the top of the stairs before we went to our rooms to change out of our costumes and into something more comfortable to walk around in.

I'm not sure whether I'm excited about the possibility of being able to see Thackery, if I can that is, or whether I'm nervous or frightened at the prospect of going.

Why do I get the feeling that this trip could be both good and bad not just for me, but for all of us?

As long as the black flamed candle isn't lit, then we should be in for a peaceful night.

Even though I really do need a virgin to light the Black Flame Candle so that my curse is lifted, the last thing anyone needs is for the Sanderson sisters to come back to life and take anymore innocent lives away.

🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️
**End Of Chapter 03**
🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️✨🧙🏻‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 491 12
𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔟𝔢 𝔣𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥 Rumor has it she's a witch, but not just any old witch... hocus pocus fanfic bc it's my fave...
17.1K 331 13
Blair Sanderson; the daughter of Sarah Sanderson and William Butcherson. Winifred despised her niece, but she loved her sister Sarah dearly so she gr...
49K 762 25
~Sequel to Shrek 2: Happily 'N'Ever After [Book 2]~ Uncle Connor: Now remember: No nagging, bragging, sweating, fretting, slipping, tripping, slurpin...
36.5K 2.1K 63
Twists of Fate: Entangled Threads Cassandra "Sandy" Alice Turner, younger cousin to none other than the Hermione Granger was thrown into the peril of...