Just Another Romance Story

By MindfulWriter1666

Outside of the apartment, I'm just an ordinary intern at a white collar job. Just a woman who gets work done... More

Meet The Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 23

41 6 3
By MindfulWriter1666

Jung Jae's POV

"I had a great time with you last night." Jung Jae coo'ed over the phone.

"I did too." Giselle chuckled out. "What are you doing today?"

"Oh, I'm just heading to work then I'mma go home and crash." Jung Jae briefly explained.

"Do you wanna go shopping after you get off work?" Giselle asked.

Jung Jae cocked an eyebrow.

"G-geez, but, we went shopping last week." Jung Jae pointed out.

"Pleasssseeeee." Giselle dragged out.

Jung Jae couldn't help but be in awe at Giselle's baby voice.

"Aww okay, my little angel." Jung Jae chuckled out.

"Yayy!" Giselle squeaked out.

"I'll call you after work, okay?" Jung Jae declared.

"Okay, JJ." Giselle spoke in a seductive tone. "Bye."

Jung Jae hung up with the biggest smile on his face as he prepared himself for work.

"He's hopeless." Common Sense sighed with a facepalm. "It's gonna be a matter of time before that girl milks him dry."

"For once I agree with you." Lust agreed. 

Love sighed.

"At least you've tried to reach out to him Common Sense." Love assured Common Sense.

"I know, some people just gotta learn it the hard way." Common Sense stated.

Maggie's POV

Maggie was in the gym getting her workout on when she heard footsteps approaching her. She turned around to see Yoo-mi, who looked pretty tired.

"Damn girl, have you've been asleep for weeks?" Maggie asked as she examined Yoo-mi's messed up hair.

"I guess you can say something like that." Yoo-mi spoke in a raspy voice.

"What brings you here?" Maggie asked.

"Just to do my usual boxing routine." Yoo-mi replied as she walked over to the punching bag.

Maggie went behind the bag to spot Yoo-mi as she began to punch the bag. Maggie noticed Yoo-mi's bandaged up arm and cocked an eyebrow, but she didn't ask about it.

"So what you've been up to lately?" Maggie asked.

"Nothing much, Ji-cheol came over my house one day." Yoo-mi answered nonchalantly.

"Really? I'm guessing y'all cool now huh?" Maggie asked.

"Wait, how did you know?" Yoo-mi asked.

"Ji-cheol told me what happened that day you confronted him, and I had reassure him that he ain't at fault and to try and clear things up with you and Yn." Maggie explained.

"Well, he did clear things up with me, but I don't know if he did with Yn." Yoo-mi answered as she continued to punch the bag.

"I'm sure he will eventually." Maggie assured. "If Yn is able to get over that embarrassing moment then she should be cool."

"Yeah." Yoo-mi agreed.

"By the way you reacted that night, you seem to care a lot about Yn." Maggie pointed out.

"I mean, it's a world filled with assholes and sick fucks and I'd wouldn't want her to go through the similar experience that I went through before." Yoo-mi explained.

"How did you and Yn meet?" Maggie asked.

Yoo-mi stopped punching the bag as her and Maggie sat down on the bench.

"It was 5th grade when I met her..." Yoo-mi began.

Yoo-mi's POV

"Hey did you hear? Yoo-mi got into another fight with Dong Geu Ra-mi." One student whispered out.

"I heard, she's psycho." Another student whispered.

In the office lies an 11 year old Yoo-mi, who was covered in cuts and bruises. She shook and shuddered with pure anger as the teacher walked in.

"Yoo-mi, we've talked about this; no more fighting." The teacher lectured.

"She started it!" Yoo-mi snapped. "She and her friends were trying to cut my hair!"

"I know, I know, but you do realize that her parents are suing you for assault right?" The teacher asked.

"They can sue my ass all they want! I did what was right for myself!" Yoo-mi yelled.

"Yoo-mi! Language!" The teacher exclaimed then sighed. "Why don't you just return back to class? We'll discuss this matter with your parents later."

As Yoo-mi left the office, she stopped to see you with your mother.

"I haven't seen her here before, is she new?" Yoo-mi thought to herself as she continued to walk to class.

When she got to her class, you walked in right after her and stood in front of the class.

"Class, we have a new student joining us today." The teacher announced. "Please give a warm welcome to Yn."

You remained silent as everyone in the class said hello in a very monotone voice. You were instructed to sit down next to Yoo-mi. Yoo-mi looked at you from the corner of her eye to see that you were pretty nervous, but she paid no mind to it.

"Her nervousness is not my problem." Yoo-mi thought to herself.

When class was over, Yoo-mi was walking down the hallway, when the teacher called out to her.

"Yoo-mi, I want you to show Yn where the cafeteria is at." The teacher instructed.

Yoo-mi scoffed.

"She can find it herself." Yoo-mi mumbled as she continued to walk, but the teacher stopped her once again.

"Yoo-mi, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you." The teacher stated.

Yoo-mi looked at you then groaned.

"Fine, but don't expect me to hand feed her." Yoo-mi grumbled as you began to follow her.

While you two were walking down the hallway, you looked at Yoo-mi, who had a very sour expression on her face.

"Listen new kid, I can walk you to the cafeteria, but don't expect me to sit at the same table as you." Yoo-mi stated. 

You nodded, meaning that you understood as you two continued to walk.

When you got to the cafeteria, you just grabbed a lunch and sat at an empty table. Yoo-mi sat at a different table, when Dong Geu Ra-mi and her gaggle of girls arrived. Geu Ra-mi saw you sitting at the table and stormed over to you.

"Hey, this is our table, move!" Geu Ra-mi ordered.

You looked up at her confused.

"There's other tables to sit at." You pointed out.

Geu Ra-mi raised her eyebrows, feeling offended at what you said.

"This...is...our...table." Geu Ra-mi gritted out from her teeth.

Yoo-mi began to notice what was going on.

"There's no assigned tables, unless the staff said so." You stated. "If not, then you're free to sit with me or sit at another table if me sitting at this one bothers you so much."

Geu Ra-mi let out a scoff like chuckle then she swiped her hand across your face. This grabbed everyone, including Yoo-mi's, attention in the cafeteria as you froze. Your cheek began to sting from the impact.

"When I tell you to move, that means move." Geu Ra-mi ordered. 

"Hey! Lay off her will you!?" Yoo-mi yelled, grabbing Geu Ra-mi's attention.

"You say something brat?" Geu Ra-mi insulted.

"She's new here and she's free to sit wherever." Yoo-mi defended. "There's no table reserved for whiny, entitled bitches like you."

The whole cafeteria went "Ohhhhh".

"Oh, I'm sorry, is this your girlfriend that I've slapped?" Geu Ra-mi retorted as her posse chuckled. "No wonder why you reacted, you're gay."

"I'm bi, so you're half right." Yoo-mi announced with such confidence.

Geu Ra-mi couldn't come up with another insult, so she and her posse stormed off, leaving you and Yoo-mi at peace. Yoo-mi walked up to you to see that you were trying not to cry.

"I should've warned you about her." Yoo-mi stated as she rubbed the back of her neck. "That girl is a fucking menace here."

You wiped away your tears before they began to slide down your face. 

Yoo-mi sighed.

"Look, you wanna come sit with me? In case she come back to bother you again?" Yoo-mi offered.

You grabbed your lunch tray and followed Yoo-mi to the table she was sitting at.

"T-thank you." You whispered out.

"Yeah, yeah, I just did it because you didn't deserve that." Yoo-mi justified.

Fast forward to when it was testing time. Yoo-mi was stressing extremely too much about failing.

"Man, if I fail that English exam, I'm fucked!" Yoo-mi yelled.

You heard her being in distressed so you approached her.

"H-hey, are you nervous about the test tomorrow?" You asked.

"No shit!" Yoo-mi exclaimed.

"If you want, I can help you study for it." You offered.

"Even if I did study, I'm still going to fail regardless!" Yoo-mi doubted.

"Well, I know one cheat trick, but you're gonna have to wear either a skirt or a dress." You declared.

"Oh hell no! I am not wearing a skirt nor a dress!" Yoo-mi exclaimed.

"It'll help, all you have to do is write the answers on your leg." You instructed. "Teachers can't say anything about it, because they can't ask you to lift up your skirt or dress."

Yoo-mi's eyes lit up after that explanation.

"...You're a fucking genius." Yoo-mi muttered out making you chuckle.

So Yoo-mi decided to take up your advise and she wrote the answers on her leg before class started.

After the test was finish, Yoo-mi got her paper back to see that she has received a B+ on her test. While it wasn't a A, like she wanted it to be, she was happy that she didn't flunk.

"Hey, thanks for helping me there." Yoo-mi thanked you as you both walked down the halls.

"No problem, it was an idea I got from a Reddit story back when I was 9." You explained.

"That was a smart ass idea." Yoo-mi admitted.

"Thanks um...I'm sorry but, I never got your name." You confessed.

"Damn, you've only been here for a week and I never gave you my name." Yoo-mi stated. "I'm Yoo-mi."

"Yn." Yn replied.

Yoo-mi smiled as they exit out through the school.

"Well, I gotta walk home." Yoo-mi announced. "I'll see you tomorrow then, I guess."

"Okay, I'm just gonna go home and play Zombie Shooters III." You announced. 

Yoo-mi stopped dead in her tracks after hearing that.

"You play Zombie Shooters III too?" Yoo-mi asked.

You nodded.

"Do you wanna come over and play?" You asked.

"Hell yeah!" Yoo-mi exclaimed as you both walked home.

"Damn, Yn was a real one for helping you that time." Maggie commented.

"Yeah she was." Yoo-mi chuckled out. "Ever since that, we've been best friends up until now."

"Yeah that's cool, by the way, I didn't know you're bisexual." Maggie stated.

"Yeah, I don't talk about my sexuality that much." Yoo-mi stated. "It's not that I'm afraid of judgement nor discrimination, but because I'm usually nonchalant when it comes to stuff like that."

"You're way more chill than I am." Maggie chuckled out. "I still remember when I came out as trans, many people avoided me or they still would tell me that I'm gay, which is true right now, of course. I used to get into constant fights with many people who even dared to look at my ass funny." Maggie explained.

"That would've been my reaction if I was insulted about me being bi." Yoo-mi commented. "But, ever since my last ex, I haven't been in a relationship ever since. Mainly because I'm too afraid that the same shit will repeat again and again for me."

"Everybody's different, but I get what you tryna say." Maggie stated. "If you was my girl, you wouldn't have to worry about me putting my hands on you, unless if it was in a way you liked."

Yoo-mi's face turned red after Maggie said that.

"I-I-I mean, hypothetically speaking." Maggie stammered out as her face turned red.

Yoo-mi chuckled.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Yoo-mi spoke as she got up. "Well, I gotta get going. I'm about to go shower and then go for a run."

"Ite peace out." Maggie replied as Yoo-mi walked off.

Maggie's POV

Maggie watched as Yoo-mi walked off then sighed.

"If you was my girl, you wouldn't have to worry about being afraid ever again." Maggie thought to herself.

October 6th, 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5.9K 41
Seven boys thought they'll live peacefully in DORM 21. It was all fun not until they started hearing creepy noises when the time hits 3:00 am. They d...
3.5K 171 21
I knocked on the door, and the second it opened, I started talking, my eyes glaring at the floor. "Listen, Mr. Lee, I don't care if we hooked up or w...
1K 54 8
What if you were separated from the love of your life? Will you do anything to see them again? That's the case of YunJae (Yunho & Jaejoong)...but wor...
69.2K 2.7K 30
"What we did was supposed to be done between LOVERS not FRIENDS." - Sunoo. Kim Sunoo bumped into a guy name...