Just Another Romance Story

By MindfulWriter1666

Outside of the apartment, I'm just an ordinary intern at a white collar job. Just a woman who gets work done... More

Meet The Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 17

42 7 8
By MindfulWriter1666

Yn's POV

"I nearly almost lost my mind when I saw his body." Joo-ryung squealed out.

"It's official; you're horny over Sung-tae." I chuckled out.

"No." Joo-ryung denied before she confessed. "Okay, a little."

"Look, if you like him why don't you ask him out?" I asked.

"I can't, the man has to be the one to ask a woman out." Joo-ryung stated.

"Joo-ryung, bring yourself into the modern times." I chuckled. "Either ask him when the time is right or wind up missing out and losing him." I advised.

"Okay, and you need to return back to your desk because it looks like Mr. Lee has found your hidden story." Joo-ryung advised me and pointed.

I turned around and my eyes grew wide at the sight of Dong Wook reading my fanfic. I hurried over to my desk and tried to snatch the book out of his hands.

"Hey! That's not for work!" I exclaimed as I reached for the book.

"Why not? This is a great story." Dong Wook replied as he raised his arm higher out of my reach.

"It's not for publishing!" I yelled. "Give it back!" I ordered.

Dong Wook refused, which pissed me off.

"I said give it back!" I yelled as I punched him in the stomach. 

Dong Wook grunted as he dropped the book to hold his stomach. I looked around to see all eyes were on us and then I began to regret my action.

"Oh no, you punched your boss and now he's gonna fire you!" Anxiety yelled.

"You'll wind up being arrested for assault!"

"You'll lose your house and your cat, Gigi!"

"M-Mr. Lee, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to...I just get defensive when people take my stuff." I stammered as I knelt down to his level.

"No, no...aish!" Dong Wook groaned out. "That's my fault, I shouldn't have been so childish."

I reached for my book as Dong Wook did the same. When our hands touched, I felt my body heat up.

"Uh oh...is the tou-"

"Don't even try it Lust." Self Control ordered.

Dong Wook grabbed the book and handed it to me as he got up.

"You do pack quite a punch." Dong Wook complimented.

"O-oh, thank you." I replied as I began to bunch up.

Yeah, I still feel bad after that punch.

"I still do wanna know what this book is about." Dong Wook announced. "If you mind explaining it to me."

I sighed.

"It's...a fanfic." I confessed. "I know it's silly that a woman my age still write fanfics like a teenage girl." I mumbled out.

"He's gonna think you're weird!" Anxiety yelled out. "He's going to think you're not mature and just some person who never grown out of puberty!"

"A fanfic huh?" Dong Wook asked as he raised an eyebrow.

I nodded my head.

"Well, for a fanfic, this does looks story material." Dong Wook commented. "Is it some fantasy romance novel?"

"W-well, I guess you can call it that." I muttered. "It's supposed to be a rivals turned to lovers type of story." I explained.

"Well, since it's still unfinished...I want you to work on this." Dong Wook ordered.

My eyes grew wide.

"R-really?" I asked.

Dong Wook nodded his head.

"Trust me, this will make a great book." Dong Wook assured me as he began to walk, not without whispering something in my ear.

"I also did like the little smut you added in the chapter." Dong Wook whispered, which sent chills down my spine as my face turned red.

Joo-ryung walked over to me.

"Well, at least you still have your job and your fanfic has the potential to become an actual book." Joo-ryung assured me.

"Y-yeah." I stammered out.

"He...he liked the fanfic! He liked it! This is awesome!" Self Confidence yelled out.

"I gotta tell the others this." I thought to myself as I sat down at my desk to continue writing my fanfic.

Dong Wook's POV

When Dong Wook went into his office, he rubbed his stomach to ease the pain. He couldn't help but chuckle at the embarrassed reaction you had when you caught him reading your fanfic. Admittedly, he kept rereading the steam part because he didn't think you'd be that detailed at writing smut. In fact, it was super effective as he bit his lip at the thought of him doing the same things to you.

"S-sir, wait." You whimpered as Dong Wook continued to mark up your neck.

"No time for waiting Ms. Yn...time for punishment." Dong Wook whispered into your ear.

Dong Wook picked you up and set you on the bed.

"You look so beautiful." Dong Wook commented.

You chuckled.

"Isn't that what you said on our wedding night?" You asked.

Dong Wook paused and looked at you confused.

"B-beg your pardon? We're not married." Dong Wook clarified.

"Oh, but we were Wookie." You spoke in In-na's voice.

Dong Wook watched as you slowly turned into In-na then got off the bed.

"W-what? In-na what are you-"

Dong Wook cut himself off when he felt something cold wrapped around his wrists. He looked to see cuffs and attached to them were chains. Dong Wook struggled to break free as In-na began to walk towards him and cupped his face.

"Even after our divorce...you're still nothing without me." In-na whispered. 

"Y-you..." Dong Wook growled out. "I'm doing fine without you!"

"Is that so?" In-na asked.

Dong Wook then felt a cold pair of arms wrap around him. He looked up to see Depression.

"She's right, you are nothing." Depression whispered.

Dong Wook  then looked to see you standing there with the most disappointed look on your face. He tried to reach out for you, but you began to walk off.

"Yn! Yn!" Dong Wook yelled out for you.

All of a sudden, the room began to ooze black goo. In-na laughed as she hugged Dong Wook then the black goo began to slowly wrap around the both of them while Dong Wook continued to yell for you.

"Till death do us part." In-na gurgled as the black goo began to fill her mouth suffocating her. The black goo began to give Dong Wook the same treatment which made Dong Wook wake up.

Dong Wook looked around to see that he's in his office then sighed in relief.

"Oh, it was a dream." Dong Wook thought to himself.

"Yeah, a dream that'll eventually come true." Depression spoke.

Dong Wook sighed.

Yn's POV

At the book club meeting, I told the crew everything.

"So, your fanfic is gonna become a book?" Hae-soo asked.

"You punched your boss in the stomach?" Yoo-mi asked.

I nodded my head.

"That is great news!" Anupam cheered. "We knew you were gonna become a great writer."

Anupam then pulled me into a bear hug making me laugh.

"Wait, where's Jung Jae?" Maggie asked.

"He said he has a date." Hae-soo replied.

The room went silent, then we all started laughing.

"That was a good joke." Yoo-mi laughed.

Hae-soo just looked at us until we all realized that he was serious.

"Oh? Wait forreal?" Maggie asked.

"No way...he must've bribed her or something." Yoo-mi claimed.

"No, he told me that he ran into some chick at the store and he asked her out." Hae-soo explained. "Well, I'll be damned honestly."

"Wow, that is just...wow." I thought to myself.

I looked over to see Ji-cheol. Ji-cheol made eye contact with me but then quickly looked away, distracting himself by organizing the books on the shelf. I sighed.

Yoo-mi noticed this then she looked at Ji-cheol then back at me and pulled me into a corner. Anupam followed.

"Okay, talk." Yoo-mi ordered.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Yn, I saw the way you looked at Ji-cheol." Yoo-mi pointed out. "What happened between you two?"

I sighed.

"Okay, so, we were hanging out one time and...I kissed him and...he just tell me that he's not attracted to me." I explained. "B-but I think we're still good now and just friends."

Yoo-mi just stood there as rage began to fill her body.

"Did you ask him if you two were still friends?" Anupam asked. "You know it's wrong to assume things."

"N-no, I ran out the park embarrassed." I replied.

Yoo-mi didn't say anything, but began to storm off to find Ji-cheol.

"Uh oh..." Me and Anupam both said in sync.

Yoo-mi's POV

Yoo-mi grabbed Ji-cheol by the arm and led him into a room. She slammed him to the wall, pinning him by the neck with her arm and by the crotch with her knee.

"Aish! Yoo-mi what are yo-"

"What the fuck is your problem!?" Yoo-mi yelled. "Why would you tell Yn that you're not attracted to her!?"

Ji-cheol realized that you told her what had happened and sighed.

"Look, I didn't say that she's ugly...I just see her as a sister." Ji-cheol calmly explained.

Yoo-mi pressed her arm deeper into his neck, making him choke a bit.

"Ji-cheol...I swear to God if you made her cry...I will fucking kill you!" Yoo-mi growled.

Ji-cheol lightly shoved her off as he took off his hat. Yoo-mi grew confused at what he was doing.

"Okay, I know I should have worded it better when I confessed to her." Ji-cheol began. "Do I feel bad? Yes, I do. Was I trying to make her upset? Of course not." Ji-cheol continued as he took off his shirt.

Yoo-mi's eyes grew wide at the sight of his abs.

"Dah! What are you doing!?" Yoo-mi yelled as she shielded her eyes.

"I know how much you all care about Yn, and I'm sorry I made her upset." Ji-cheol apologized as he held his arms out. "I'm willing to take responsibility and everything, but this is my only uniform and I don't want it to get ruined."

Yoo-mi couldn't bring herself to punch, kick, scratch, or do any physical harm when he's standing there shirtless with his arms out. 

"What are you doing? You're acting irrational!" Guilt yelled out.

"Hey Guilt, you thinking what I'm thinking?" Anxiety asked.

"Yeah." Guilt replied.

FUSION TIME!!!

Ladies and Gentleman! Here to make you at your most shittiest is Depression's partner in crime...

SHAME!!!

"I...can't even bring myself to hurt you." Yoo-mi sighed.

"It's okay, I'll accept the hits." Ji-cheol assured.

"No, I can't because...why are you so...nice about this?" Yoo-mi asked.

"Because I know how you feel about men being assholes to women, and I wanna prove that I'm not trying to be one of those guys." Ji-cheol explained. "Especially to you after you were hospitalized from your ex."

Yoo-mi froze.

"H-how did you know?" Yoo-mi asked.

Ji-cheol's POV

Ji-cheol was visiting his grandmother one last time before she passes on. When she finally had her last breath, Ji-cheol had a tear slip out of his eye.

"Goodbye...grandma." Ji-cheol choked out as he walked out the hospital room. While he was walking, he stopped to see Anupam escorting Yoo-mi out of the hospital. Ji-cheol looked to see the sad, defeated look on Yoo-mi's face as she continued to limp out of the hospital.

"What happened to that girl?" One nurse asked.

"Some psycho bastard tried to kill her." Another nurse replied. "I heard that he was her ex-boyfriend."

Ji-cheol felt his heart break after hearing that. 

"That poor girl." Ji-cheol thought.

After the funeral, you recommended him to go see Anupam in his zen studio. Ji-cheol was reluctant, but he went to one of Anupam's meditation classes. When he went there, he saw Yoo-mi. Ji-cheol was nervous but he sat next to her.

"Um, hi..." Ji-cheol began.

"Hi." Yoo-mi spoke as she shivered.

"How are you today?" Ji-cheol asked.

"I'm...fine." Yoo-mi replied.

Ji-cheol could tell that she just wanted to be left alone so he scooted away from her when class began. After class was over, Ji-cheol was stopped by Anupam.

"Ah, I'm guessing you're Ji-cheol correct?" Anupam asked.

Ji-cheol nodded.

"Yn told me about you." Anupam stated. "So glad you can come to the meditation class."

Yoo-mi stepped up to him.

"Wait, you know Yn?" Yoo-mi asked.

"Yes, do you?" Ji-cheol asked.

"She's been my friend since elementary school." Yoo-mi replied.

"Well, her and  I met after my grandmother passed away." Ji-cheol nervously replied.

"My condolences." Anupam spoke in a soft tone.

"Yeah, I came here because Yn thought this will help me let loose my emotions." Ji-cheol explained. 

"Well, we're glad you can join us, right Yoo-mi?" Anupam asked.

"Yeah...we are." Yoo-mi muttered out.

"No worries, she'll warm up to you." Anupam mouthed to Ji-cheol.

Ji-cheol smiled.

Yoo-mi's POV

Yoo-mi felt her throat go dry.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up." Ji-cheol stammered out.

"Out of all people...you are the last one I would want find out about that." Yoo-mi spoke in a cracked voice as she walked out the room.

"Yoo-mi wait!" Ji-cheol yelled.

Ji-cheol's POV

Ji-cheol watched as she walked out then put his shirt back on.

The image of Yoo-mi having him pinned against the wall began to play in his head then he blushed.

"Oohh, so he likes them rough huh?" Lust teased.

"Shut up Lust! Now is not the time!" Self Control yelled as they smacked Lust upside the head.

October 2nd, 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 54 8
What if you were separated from the love of your life? Will you do anything to see them again? That's the case of YunJae (Yunho & Jaejoong)...but wor...
220 1 73
Skz ff oc/idc put urself in it if u wish or struggle with hyunho ig a crazy ride so my friend finally gets to know my skz bias (dont ask why i turned...
6.4K 233 22
'If you weren't the love of my life, I'd have said that I was wrong about life, and not about love.' What happens when a well renowned idol falls for...
173K 4.4K 54
My life is so perfect. I come from a rich family who is quite respected because my family owns the best law firm in Korea. My dad and mom are famous...